The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 8
Views: 8
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I often find myself automatically doubling guitar tracks without actually thinking about whether I should. Sort of default...

pashatom
replies: 0 views: 629
pashatom 7th November 2008

So i was looking at my Pioneer rt 909 and thinking to myself, Hey what do those pres sound like. If you could make a great...

probe toolz
replies: 3 views: 705
pashatom 7th November 2008

In down economic times you always hear the expression "now its the time to be bold and expand". But does it make...

thethrillfactor
replies: 21 views: 2,390
Infernal Device 7th November 2008

Hi guys, I am curious into how microphone manufacturer like Neumann are able to charge high dollar for a piece of their...

zenguan88
replies: 33 views: 13,857
EddyR 7th November 2008

I just got a message on myspace saying they liked my bands music. I thought it was spam at first but they actually named a few...

Neruk
replies: 8 views: 2,632
Neruk 7th November 2008

hello, new here szeems like a great place. I wish to record acoustic guitars, mostly solo fingerstyle in the style of Bensusan,...

gregory
replies: 10 views: 1,639
gregory 7th November 2008

Im out in Tampa for the weekend and am looking for a studio to record in. Protools wanted but not required

DROSS
replies: 1 views: 595
Kris 7th November 2008

I was looking around for some other stuff and saw a few of these machines for sale, prices seem really cheap, but I literally...

FeatheredSerpent
replies: 0 views: 820
FeatheredSerpent 7th November 2008

Hi, Can anyone recommend any good studios in the North West? Liverpool, Manchester or surrounding areas? I know about Parr...

Daft
replies: 5 views: 837
waxx 7th November 2008

Dumb question but, my brother in law is building me a couple of racks and a desk and I just assumed that the racks should be...

Paul Vnuk Jr.
replies: 1 views: 690
FeatheredSerpent 7th November 2008

1) Hire session drummer extraordinaire Josh Fresse to cut 30 tracks with you 2) Decide you prefer Primus/Buckethead drummer...

GilWave
replies: 3 views: 1,152
Matt Whritenour 7th November 2008

just this morning i have come across three different posts with people raving about gear that THEY sell. i believe this should be...

jeremyglover
replies: 35 views: 1,886
Tim Farrant 7th November 2008

Hi, I've been lurking around here for a while and this is my first post. I've been turning my condo into a project studio over...

sport11rocks
replies: 4 views: 3,597
sport11rocks 7th November 2008

What was your biggest "Wake Up Call" as an engineer or musician, that made you more professional..? What did you do to...

Eric Edwards
replies: 2 views: 731
MaJo1 7th November 2008

Hey all, I'm planning on getting the YSMP1 system w/sub and the fabled Ikea Jerker desk (w/shelves!!) for $875 CAD. From the...

Alex_c
replies: 0 views: 1,160
Alex_c 7th November 2008

Hey all -- wondering how to go about mounting synths on or above my MKI Fender Rhodes 88. As you know, the lid of a MKI Rhodes...

ltemma74
replies: 2 views: 1,430
mu6gr8 7th November 2008

Help me decide! I'm trying to find a space for my band to rehearse and record. I've located two potentially good spaces. I have...

henryrobinett
replies: 10 views: 1,092
soupking 7th November 2008

I've got a session coming up with a band whose drums have a very minimal drum kit: snare, floor tom, kick, ride, and hi-hat. They...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 2 views: 2,699
gevermil 7th November 2008

Hey all, I know this is typically a recording forum but since some of the best minds around when it comes to gear hang in these...

JGR
replies: 12 views: 7,023
Alex Specht 7th November 2008

I'm singing with a very loud metal band in a tight rehearsing space and I have trouble hearing myself over the band so I end up...

mifunao
replies: 17 views: 1,664
Alex Specht 7th November 2008

Just starting to use DigiTranslator to create OMF files. I could use some feedback from users with experience. Essentially -...

rack gear
replies: 4 views: 664
ambiguity 7th November 2008

Although there are some posts already comparing these two, they're a few years old and the info might be outdated. The price of...

mbradzick
replies: 3 views: 957
mbradzick 7th November 2008

Can someone help me with this? I also download X-Form to have an option for getting the best sound. The bass and one rhythm...

Matt Grondin
replies: 8 views: 941
Matt Grondin 7th November 2008

Well, I've had the 512c for a week now. I like it, just not blown away with it for every source. Like it has been said, very...

Rednose
replies: 98 views: 6,558
Rednose 7th November 2008

Stu (Channelcat) and I had our own little 500 series pre shootout at my studio last Friday. It was very non-scientific; we simply...

Rednose
replies: 20 views: 1,777
Kronos147 7th November 2008

I currently mix using Event 20/20bas monitors... they have a decent low end to them but I'm missing out on a lot of sub bass and...

Beneficial
replies: 2 views: 4,454
larry b 7th November 2008

Ok as I wrap up the final pieces for my studio, I am faced with this final decission. I have one Distressor EL8X and one...

Paul Vnuk Jr.
replies: 4 views: 603
Paul Vnuk Jr. 7th November 2008

I'm back!

Been away for quite a while!..... Now I'm back!..... Bestest wishes to all! Adeboing

batman
replies: 30 views: 2,293
AnthonyRochester 7th November 2008

just kidding :-) peachh

ilovemusic
replies: 42 views: 3,055
Jules 7th November 2008

Aiming on my next project for something like the following: YouTube - Drake Bell - In The End This is primarily because this next...

MikeTSH
replies: 0 views: 819
MikeTSH 7th November 2008

on the one hand, over the last ten years i have lost a little bit of hearing, especially in one ear over 14k, and in both ears...

u b k
replies: 43 views: 5,979
Everyman 7th November 2008

One of the most annoying aspects of recording is when I have to arm/monitor certain tracks on the DAW in order to be able to...

roadsweeper
replies: 9 views: 2,376
Les 6th November 2008

Deftones bassist in coma after car crash - Latest News - sacbee.com Deftones bassist in coma after car crash Deftones...

ryst
replies: 12 views: 1,371
redddog 6th November 2008
replies: 0 views: 990
firby 6th November 2008

After I nearly finished a music project for a documentary for a NYC based Film-Production company a German Film Production...

Mr.HOLMES
replies: 13 views: 775
Mr.HOLMES 6th November 2008

I have an MCI JH110c 2 track deck... when I got it the tension was all out of wack... way too much tension. When I had my tech go...

Beneficial
replies: 2 views: 967
Beneficial 6th November 2008

Hey guys i just added a rosetta 800 to my digi 002 set up and I notice going adat I"m not able to use the low latency...

tony starks
replies: 1 views: 1,326
psycho_monkey 6th November 2008

...is there such a beast? I use a Gefell M930 in the studio and am looking for something that would come reasonably close, to use...

VO Guy
replies: 4 views: 653
VO Guy 6th November 2008

Hi I am collecting some infos on summing boxes & the API 8200A caught my eye as I will need a pair of Aux. It's the so...

shaggseb
replies: 5 views: 1,260
shaggseb 6th November 2008

I've been listening to that danish band'srecord lately and it's f** killer : http://www.myspace.com/thefashiondk A great mix...

Sylvain
replies: 1 views: 819
popantipop 6th November 2008

Seriously. I see so many people foaming at the mouth over new 500 series modules... ...What is the draw? I mean I have a few...

soupking
replies: 19 views: 1,477
AllAboutTone 6th November 2008

Hi guys I am in a predicament here as I am getting ready to buy some great outboard gear for my studio. Recently I have decided I...

anemicrock
replies: 91 views: 5,395
dbjp 6th November 2008

I was talking to a friend of mine about mixing, and he told me this tip he learned from some pro's that pretty much boiled down...

bigwig1987
replies: 14 views: 1,311
leddy 6th November 2008

What Mic do you prefer, i wanna use for recording acoustic guitar and hi-hats, and what mics are more brighter

jesusecordero
replies: 1 views: 2,057
warhead 6th November 2008

I understand a compressor is to control dynamics and a limiter raises the entire track right? So is a limiter kind of like...

skiroy
replies: 26 views: 9,762
skiroy 6th November 2008

I'll start this thread by saying, "Please don't ask me to post clips." Ok, moving right along... First of all, keep...

guittarzzan
replies: 31 views: 6,414
Chris 6th November 2008

I was thinking of doing this to get a tape sound for the drums, but I know the speed of which a record player might play the...

dylansmale
replies: 11 views: 980
travisbrown 6th November 2008

Can anyone suggest an appropriate unit? Can be rackmount &/or tabletop or anything really. I'd prefer not to have to...

thenewyear
replies: 6 views: 967
strewnshank 6th November 2008

I have searched the forums for more information and comments about the Adam ANF10 monitors but there is not much info. So,...

F5D
replies: 7 views: 1,794
Track 7 6th November 2008

Hi Slutz! I have to record a songwriter, it's basically Acoustic Guitar and Vocals, so I need a solid and big sound on guitar and...

mrhenry76
replies: 0 views: 749
mrhenry76 6th November 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search