The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

the new mackie ProFX8 looks interesting as a possible interface for my laptop for remote work. it says it has a USB I/O, but...

jnorman
replies: 0 views: 1,780
jnorman 9th December 2008

Who here chains all three together and record straight to DAW? Is it best to do it this way or is it better to use an analog or...

Tha Wiizard
replies: 7 views: 1,559
Tha Wiizard 9th December 2008

So I found this picture today as I was cleaning out my Iphoto, and I thought it may save some poor soul from the nightmare of...

socalstyleonline
replies: 41 views: 2,793
Igotsoul4u 8th December 2008

I wanna go OTB for my final mixes and need a great outboard comp and summer that would complete my mixes. Any suggestions on...

mbradzick
replies: 35 views: 2,754
six_wax 8th December 2008

Hey slutz, I hate these kinds of threads too, but I really love the up close vocal sound of this classic. Anyone know what...

UnDeFiNeD
replies: 1 views: 1,076
UnDeFiNeD 8th December 2008

I am curious to hear from those of you who do audio for a living on a daily basis. I love listening to music on good gear, and I...

benjamin
replies: 20 views: 2,336
Ethan Winer 8th December 2008

Hi Slutz, maybe some one knows help? Yesterday I was mixing and everything was nice. Today I am going back to the DAW and...

Mr.HOLMES
replies: 7 views: 1,051
Mr.HOLMES 8th December 2008

hello what to choose? i'm thinking about: Studio Procects (dunno which one) AT4050 or 4047 CAD M-series (dunno which one) any...

AveyTare
replies: 28 views: 1,818
rashman 8th December 2008

Anyone listened to this release yet? I heard some samples online, and I couldnt make out weather they used studio musicians or...

Alex Specht
replies: 6 views: 1,501
Alex Specht 8th December 2008

Among other unprofitable jobs I've done in the last year, I produced this choir CD with the Angel City Chorale, as described...

RKrizman
replies: 33 views: 2,499
Deleted bd1be4f 8th December 2008

Finding information on this card is just not happening. So my questions are: Are the drivers solid now? How is the...

barryjohns
replies: 8 views: 1,245
cosmos 8th December 2008

I found this pic in a website long a go. Anyone have more information about who build this desk? It may be perfect to my...

Cosmonauta
replies: 9 views: 19,590
skiltrip 8th December 2008

What is the Sennheiser equivalent of the Shure SM58, and is it better?

jujufactory
replies: 7 views: 3,734
jujufactory 8th December 2008

What's up again. I just bought this thing and Im wondering what you guys think about the mic pres and eqs on this desk. Do...

Tha Wiizard
replies: 2 views: 1,966
Tha Wiizard 8th December 2008

Ok, two parter. 1. Name your favorite song of all time. ONE song only. No ties. No honorable mentions. ONE song. 2. Explain...

Kestral
replies: 235 views: 11,983
desotoslo 8th December 2008

I just got a dav bg 9 recently and I love the sound i get out of it with my AKG. I also rap and run beats that I've made through...

germtheory3000
replies: 4 views: 597
Jimbo 8th December 2008

I'm thinking about getting a new snare. I have an old yamaha steel snare right now. I'm thinking about getting a maple snare. Is...

heisleyamor
replies: 6 views: 888
HeavyG 8th December 2008

hei fellew slutz. im in the stage of finishing my new studio (a week or two tops) and already have a big project comming at me....

cosmos
replies: 25 views: 1,089
cosmos 8th December 2008

Here's a really small YouTube clip of Green Day in the studio recording their new album w/ Butch...

drastic
replies: 1 views: 3,055
Jules 8th December 2008

Hello, After some success with my first analog sessions cooge -tracking live garage rock and blues with a SoundCraft FX8,and A...

MAXRB
replies: 4 views: 718
MichaelPatrick 8th December 2008

e-Books, Videos and Multimedia Sets From Audio Masterclass Just wondering which ones, if any, are worth purchasing.

MikeTSH
replies: 0 views: 837
MikeTSH 8th December 2008

so i'm involved in a project right now that seems to not want to give credit where credit is due. just wanted to get some general...

dhiltonlittle
replies: 2 views: 2,926
KEYBEEETSSS 8th December 2008

Is it just me or are we seeing the original UREI blackface 1176 peaking in price, but nobody buys them? Looks like everyone wants...

WunderBro Flo
replies: 1 views: 3,213
princeplanet 8th December 2008

Hey guys. Sorry if I'm "double" posting, due to the search function. But! My band are making an album (finnaly). Were...

Mixbuster
replies: 11 views: 877
kafka 8th December 2008

Hello I have an easy and directly question, which one? Any comments will be welcomed :) Thanks

ezrecords
replies: 13 views: 2,869
ezrecords 8th December 2008

I knew it would be great. I knew that they would put on a show but holy mother. That was easily the best rock show I've ever...

redddog
replies: 11 views: 961
roger 8th December 2008

McSweeney's Internet Tendency: Fifty Years of Popular Songs Condensed Into Single Sentences. exactly why i don't listen to pop...

audiovisceral
replies: 3 views: 741
Denny McNerney 8th December 2008

Hi, does anyone know where I can find a Neyo "Closer" playback? thanks so much Charles

goodsound
replies: 1 views: 902
andreªs 8th December 2008

I recorded some live instruments to chop up and sequence.Like making a beatonly I recorded each instrument live.But I recorded...

skiroy
replies: 3 views: 822
ebot9000 8th December 2008

Okay, so I'm producing an indie record right now, and I just can't seem to nail the lo-fi type of overall tone for it. Any...

noonansky
replies: 7 views: 1,508
u b k 8th December 2008

Most everyone here probably uses high end equipment. Six weeks ago we decided to record all voices and singers for our film...

jujufactory
replies: 4 views: 709
Mike Brown 8th December 2008

Hi, I think Shure Beta 58 is far better live vocal mic for male singers than the traditional SM58. The SM58 is muddy, unclear...

kppoykko
replies: 3 views: 14,114
Frost 8th December 2008

Don't know how many of you have heard this band, or record. But it is a brilliant throwback album, sounds like they really have a...

ianvargo
replies: 2 views: 1,078
Janesaid2me 8th December 2008

After looking at the prices of high end pre-made cable, it seems much more cost effective to make my own. The trouble is that I...

Travis Harms
replies: 38 views: 3,592
Hammer Mark 8th December 2008

Let's face it, the Neumann mics are like the gold standard that so many people measure the sonic landscape by. The U87 - U47 -...

Mikey77
replies: 59 views: 8,255
chribble 8th December 2008

Most people would agree that different microphone makes a bigger audio difference than different preamps. I wonder whether I've...

mrdosun
replies: 12 views: 959
mrdosun 8th December 2008

Hello: I’m going to Spain next month to record the guitars and cajón for a flamenco fusion production I’m beginning. I have...

insomnio
replies: 61 views: 5,882
Rev. JimBo 8th December 2008

how do you get that Vocal sound ?? Those vocals are distorted but still controlled and pleaseant, they are not harsh or...

zak7
replies: 5 views: 1,325
narcoman 8th December 2008

Just heard the new nickelback album. Do you think guys in Def Leppard are happy? There's now an other band sounding just like...

deve
replies: 19 views: 1,992
princeplanet 8th December 2008

How hard do you guys hit tape? I might have something a little off on the calibration. Everything is padded on drums. Most of my...

Nu-tra
replies: 12 views: 985
Ravian 8th December 2008

Hi! We are recording a Female Vocal that at her higher range sounds a bit Hash in the 2-4k and also around 10K. We need a...

ToneRexx
replies: 7 views: 1,607
Jeancab 8th December 2008

I am about to make an order on EuroTubes.com to replace the tubes in all of my amps ('97 Vox AC15TB2 2x10, Marshall JCM800 2204,...

MaJo1
replies: 8 views: 2,807
popmann 7th December 2008

Hey guys, Does any one reverse the phase on the kick mic if the mic is positioned in front of the front skin? or does it only...

toml4633
replies: 4 views: 2,737
toml4633 7th December 2008

I can buy a Neumann U77 for $1900, from a guy I know. The mic sounds good I think, and I need a mic like this. Done some so...

Kristian
replies: 3 views: 3,820
Kristian 7th December 2008

I´m going to buy a new Mac for my Pro Tools HD 3 , what is declared to have a little bit more horsepower than my G4. So I want...

huarez
replies: 2 views: 2,174
Mike Brown 7th December 2008

I have been on the hunt for a Wurli EP for about 3 weeks now. In my search, I've consulted with a reputable and well-respected...

Hamas
replies: 8 views: 1,933
Hamas 7th December 2008

Don't you think it would be useful with all the knowledgeable people on this board? Or does everyone prefer to talk about mic...

Gearhero
replies: 1 views: 584
jayfrigo 7th December 2008

I thought it was interesting to note that on this day in 1877 Thomas Edison recited "Mary Had a Little Lamb" into his...

kissingonstilts
replies: 18 views: 2,076
joeq 7th December 2008

This is outrageous, Behringer has no shame at all at literally copying designs for almost all of their products, I don't think...

Bolo
replies: 1 views: 3,191
dougb415 7th December 2008

hi everyone, hope this isn`t too annoying. I have spent the last days reading an endless amount of threads about mics and...

hidelight
replies: 12 views: 1,106
hidelight 7th December 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search