The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 8
Views: 8
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

i'm wondering if the modern country demographic has gotten bored yet with the cookie-cutter approach to songwriting and...

u b k
replies: 6 views: 1,093
AllAboutTone 15th December 2008

cause that's what the Beatles did! heppy

trickydicky
replies: 124 views: 9,781
MMski 15th December 2008

Hi guys, a friend of mine has just bought the limited edition Stewart Copeland drumset from the last tour, and since he'd like...

Pawel
replies: 21 views: 3,487
doorknocker 15th December 2008

We are shooting a feature on a tight budget. While we have a boom guy, we don't have a sound mixer and need to plug the...

jujufactory
replies: 8 views: 731
jmarkham 15th December 2008

Other than already being a successful producer or composer.. I would like to write a soundtrack some day. Whats the usual...

Magnum29465
replies: 14 views: 1,363
Kiwiburger 15th December 2008

Hello. I am currently a student of a audio engineering school and to be honest I am quite concerned about the state of the...

Nick Laho
replies: 3 views: 611
Nick Laho 15th December 2008

My daughters elementary chorus teacher at school has been using the standard background accompanment music (on different CD's) to...

homestudioguy
replies: 4 views: 784
dubaifox 15th December 2008

"WAVES" SSL, API comps and UAD PRECISION MAX VS JOEMEEK SC4 i have the waves and UAD comps and they are nice but i am...

smbaudio
replies: 1 views: 1,549
smbaudio 15th December 2008

I wish the 002 had at least two ADAT ports (I mean, 2 IN's and 2 OUT's) so that I could use more channels for external...

TapeOp
replies: 1 views: 703
larry b 15th December 2008
replies: 0 views: 931
Peacock 15th December 2008

Everyone! I need help finding a home mixer/recording console for home. I am looking for something under $200 USD and i know that...

airheadwd
replies: 21 views: 1,569

Just came across this http://www.violetaudio.com/adp61.htm and wondered if anyone here knows the company and / or the product....

AuraCore
replies: 3 views: 1,567
VFXAU 15th December 2008

I finally got to get a few songs tracked last night. I unfortunately I had to remove my tape machine from the mix. I was...

Nu-tra
replies: 13 views: 1,127
AllAboutTone 15th December 2008

Hi All, What do people think of various recording magazines. I've read a few good comments about Tape Op and bad things about...

Tritone87
replies: 22 views: 1,179
nickynicknick 15th December 2008

I'm always impressed by the quality of BBC Radio 4 productions and was curious as to what they use in their interviews / vox pops...

primemeat64
replies: 1 views: 722
NorseHorse 15th December 2008

I'm going to be purchasing some new microphones. The ones I'm planning on getting are the AKG 414's (mainly for drum overheads...

TheAaronBowley
replies: 13 views: 1,082
Track 7 15th December 2008

I wanted to try GT Bricks with Rode NTV's but the Rode is too hot for drum OH use with the Brick's. The lowest output on the...

rico52
replies: 1 views: 735

Hey guys, It's been a while since I have made any posts about my upcoming EP project so i figured If fill you all in as well...

Eddie T. Ellis
replies: 6 views: 1,009
Eddie T. Ellis 15th December 2008

Hi GS, The reason I'm posting this is largely a lack of resources (and/or experience) or I'd just go do it. I've had the idea...

soupking
replies: 7 views: 1,030
soupking 15th December 2008

distortion in mixes, I have used distortion in mild amounts (this is on non distorted, clean sources) to create punch in a mix,...

hey_mavis
replies: 22 views: 2,776
american 15th December 2008

Ok, so I'm doubling up a live bass feed to experiment with processing the signal in different ways and mixing them together...

FeatheredSerpent
replies: 11 views: 847
FeatheredSerpent 15th December 2008

I'm in the process of setting up a small audio post production company as part of a final university project, and trying to find...

Dave Rose
replies: 4 views: 1,774
audiovisceral 15th December 2008

I finally buy a sphere console,install it yesterday in my room. But after i install the modules and put the power on,..i start...

StudioFvictor
replies: 66 views: 6,830
ELI-173 15th December 2008

I'm looking for a 3U rack that's acceptable for flying. I'm looking at PRO TEC 114R3 - Pro Pac Rack Case which is within...

Entrainer
replies: 0 views: 913
Entrainer 15th December 2008

I'm wondering - has anyone tried recording with an Apogee Duet into Reaper (the beta version for mac)? I'm curious if this is a...

sillypants
replies: 2 views: 1,587
allyouneedisears 14th December 2008

I'm looking for couple of hardware compressors for parallel compression on snare and kick. Do you prefer the same compressor on...

Faderix
replies: 0 views: 873
Faderix 14th December 2008

The picture is from Abbey Road Studios, I can`t find the brand or model of the headphones. This model looks great very vintage

torquemada
replies: 2 views: 3,773
John Willett 14th December 2008

Hello, everyone. I'd like to hear some opinions on using compression on drum overheads. Generally, when mixing, I like to leave...

Labozza
replies: 9 views: 1,926
larry b 14th December 2008

Hi guys first post here. Ive gone through other posts but couldnt find exactly what im looking for so sorry if it has been posted...

djbuzz
replies: 5 views: 674
Steffmo 14th December 2008
replies: 1 views: 637
squeegybug 14th December 2008

Sibilance can be such and issue sometimes. Sure we can all slap a plug in on the track but I would like to know what you do to...

csiking
replies: 46 views: 3,306
Saxon-of-a-son 14th December 2008

my girlfriend got me a GS shirt for chirstmas! i feel like between that and the barefoots/shadow hills comp i just ordered it is...

dhiltonlittle
replies: 2 views: 814
Vum 14th December 2008

Hey everyone this is one of my first posts here and I know how forums work, search first, ask questions later but my searches...

originalcliche
replies: 1 views: 3,626
iga 14th December 2008

I tried to put together a short clip showing my Bad Cat 100R through my '73 Ampeg SVT cab last night. In the room, the amp...

FFTT
replies: 2 views: 980
FFTT 14th December 2008

Have you ever done a quick rough mix with maybe a bit of eq, and a minimal amount of compression on vox/drums etc.. 20...

no ssl yet
replies: 30 views: 4,610
kooz 14th December 2008

Hi folks I'm a hobbyist singer/songwriter and looking for more ways to improve my "sound". Click to hear the...

tobinharris
replies: 0 views: 485
tobinharris 14th December 2008

some of you probably know about this plug in im sure but for those of you who don't, i find it very interesting on vocals. its a...

cavern
replies: 1 views: 862
cavern 14th December 2008

hi there!! i was wondering if i could get a bit of advice on a headphone amp / controller. basically, i have 3 pairs of...

nick-the-sax
replies: 0 views: 861
nick-the-sax 14th December 2008

Suppose all your music is clean and modern sounding. Then suddenly you get this one track that needs to be scruffier, thicker,...

cl516
replies: 21 views: 2,865
ElevenShadows 14th December 2008

Quick question, My current monitoring and D/A conversion is occurring via firepod. The firepod does have Spdif outputs. Would...

j-madd
replies: 2 views: 702
j-madd 14th December 2008

Neve 1272 vs Brent Averill 1272! What exactly is the difference? If they're one and the same why are there two names?

jujufactory
replies: 4 views: 3,099
Geoff_T 14th December 2008

Hi, what's the story behind the NS 344? Were they supposed to be the NS 10's big brother, or are they a different beast all...

Redsandblu
replies: 16 views: 29,186
jl_shaver 14th December 2008

Do you use splitters for parallel tracking? Would it be a good idea to split the signal after the preamp and eq to get one...

Faderix
replies: 7 views: 822
Faderix 14th December 2008

Anyone? Can't find anything on them, and they look pretty neat. Little 4 to 1 suitcase and I can get one for a pretty good deal,...

gorillainthemix
replies: 1 views: 1,501
gorillainthemix 14th December 2008

Hi, Has anyone compared the UA plugins to the Bomb Factory ones? I'm curious about the 1176, LA-2A, etc.... Thanks. Adam

azirkin
replies: 3 views: 1,200
picksail 14th December 2008

Okay I'm insane with rage right now. Count backwards from 10, 9 8, 7 aghhhh. I was mixing a track, all was going well. I decided...

anemicrock
replies: 6 views: 801
anemicrock 14th December 2008

Hi guys, So i just sold my RME Fireface 400, going to get a PCI soundcard with an external pre-amp. I'm trying to decide...

Getafix
replies: 12 views: 4,101
Getafix 14th December 2008

Im interested in contacting Andy for a few reason, including a mixing project. How do I reach him?

Eddie T. Ellis
replies: 1 views: 1,084
RCM - Ronan 14th December 2008

Always have ran a AKG 414 to a blue robbie pre. Decided to throw a compressor in to the chain (summit tla50) so....should the...

gyemusic
replies: 6 views: 835
rashman 14th December 2008

Hi All, My apologies for opening another mic pre/channel strip thread but I have searched both Gearslutz and HomeRecording and...

hakim
replies: 8 views: 2,245
Reborn 14th December 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search