The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Does anyone have any specific info on the recording of this record? I just got into Swervedriver a few months ago.. right after...

mark.james
replies: 6 views: 1,302
mark.james 24th December 2008

I have an old 57 that lost it's low end, sounds like a telephone receiver. Any idea if this can be fixed? Same thing has...

theDBC
replies: 6 views: 2,028
whoizitcc69 24th December 2008

I'm here visiting my fiancee's family for the holidays and am dying to do a little music hangin'. Anything, drive to GC, hang in...

James Lugo
replies: 15 views: 1,110
swafford 24th December 2008

Just wanted to wish everyone a merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year! Best Wishes Steve howdy

stevetgn
replies: 15 views: 746
anemicrock 24th December 2008

for our (4) 512c API pre's - the studio purchased (4) Shure A15AS in-line pads to use on the output of the pre's. i've (pretty...

hobson
replies: 0 views: 1,235
hobson 24th December 2008

Hey all, So my studio is "chillin" at a cool 50 degrees Fahrenheit... 45 last nite... outside temp was around 20......

nadumr
replies: 22 views: 1,235
girlthatdrums 24th December 2008

Hello all, I just acquired a pair of old Shure SM91's. They are NOT Beta91's. I honestly did not intend to use them for kick,...

PaulT28
replies: 1 views: 735
Nu-tra 24th December 2008

Hmmmm Adaptation is a LOT harder than I thought! Please take this further! kfhkh THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS ...

Jules
replies: 7 views: 1,749
dougb415 24th December 2008

I''ve just bought the Yamaha MSP7's which I've found are terrific in all aspects except sibilance. I'm not a...

lukejay
replies: 4 views: 1,629
nDmusic 24th December 2008

We started tracking 7 songs for my band 'The Hollywood Inmates' on Monday. I'm gonna give a blow by blow of everything on this...

James Lugo
replies: 361 views: 59,619
James Lugo 24th December 2008

anyone tried using a KMS 105 on a snare? I'm wondering if this would be a good alternative to a 57. Tried it last week briefly...

rhythmmaster
replies: 8 views: 3,122
cleantone 24th December 2008

Hey there - I was speaking to HJoe the other day and the mixure of him talking really fast and a fairl pounding headache means...

dogma
replies: 2 views: 1,354
mp3 24th December 2008

T'was the day before Christmas and in the back of the house Lenny was in the studio, burning up the mouse. With the kids...

Unclenny
replies: 3 views: 668
noiseflaw 24th December 2008

Hi! I've seen some engineers using two mics instead of one when close-mic'ing toms..one on top and one from buttom and up...

blackcom
replies: 81 views: 6,773
Rev. JimBo 24th December 2008

Come on EL!!! This would make my life complete!! ... well pretty close ...

Renegade Prod
replies: 4 views: 716
sevendaysoff 24th December 2008

Getting around to re-tubing my Mesa Dual Rectifier Tremoverb combo here (starting to get the really foggy, mushy, 'modern'...

pedrohead
replies: 6 views: 1,900
pedrohead 24th December 2008

Hi, Not wishing to go into lots of detail, but I owned a pair of PMC AML1 (That I was very happy with) and now I am looking for...

MontyW
replies: 3 views: 2,709
mxeryus 24th December 2008

Tracking guitars this week with my new 1272 I realized I wanted to flip the phase on one and it doesn't have a phase switch....

James Lugo
replies: 8 views: 1,939
theblotted 24th December 2008

Holy God, color me VERY impressed. this box has been giving me some killer results for vox over the past few days. the comp can...

thenoiseflower
replies: 3 views: 599
chrysb93065 24th December 2008

After reading the "fake clients" and some of the mention of clients sabotaging themselves with self-doubt, I wanted to...

wilkinswp
replies: 67 views: 6,405
RobDrmz 24th December 2008

Hi Slutz, I have a Metric Halo 2882 but need to use more than the 10 inputs I'm using now. There are 8 more to be had through...

lebouche
replies: 10 views: 1,025
AdamJay 24th December 2008

anyone know what kind of monitors these are?

arkive
replies: 0 views: 504
arkive 24th December 2008

There seems to be a consensus that even if one or two tracks recorded with subpar pres and converters sound good, that stacking...

Gearhero
replies: 198 views: 7,141
bcgood 24th December 2008

Specifically I am wondering how the Mini Grand sounds. Hows it stack up against Akoustik Piano? Also how is the organ emulator?...

aleatoric
replies: 1 views: 625
Mind-Over-Midi 24th December 2008

Hey guys, What does your personal taste prefer? atm i can only listen on my laptop speakers which i cant see the forest from the...

Renegade Prod
replies: 2 views: 1,180
jeremy.c. 24th December 2008

Ever seen one with this pretty trippy mod --- nice rare wood "acoustic vibrator" gooof

cjogo
replies: 3 views: 564
cjogo 24th December 2008

This preamp is so versatile! It might not be the oozing character preamp I thought it was, but it is milky smooth and articulate....

youngmain
replies: 82 views: 7,368
thedommer 24th December 2008

I have a Hiwatt Custom Tape Echo, Deltalab Effectron II ADM1024, and a TC Electronics M2000 and would like one more outboard...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 5 views: 770
Drumsound 24th December 2008

I have a vintage Neve 1272 (straight out of console) and looking to get it racked into a mic preamp config. Do I just buy a 3rd...

ssprod19
replies: 2 views: 685
ssprod19 24th December 2008

I've been using this thing for about a year. It says 300 (in), 1.2K (out). I leave it in for brighter hi/mid presence but leaving...

E.rOk.stA
replies: 9 views: 790
Fleaman 24th December 2008

Anyone used this mic? I've read a few reviews but none have been very in depth. I am a trumpet performance major and I record my...

SynthLine09
replies: 1 views: 932
BudgetMC 24th December 2008

Hiya-- Well, I've got some dough on a voucher, UAD's sale is on, and they just threw another $50 coupon into my...

wshaw
replies: 14 views: 1,136
wshaw 24th December 2008

I'm working on a project and one of the tunes calls for a big old civil war style bass drum. Not much attack (like it was hit...

minor7th
replies: 1 views: 620
MarkRB 24th December 2008

Apparantly there are predictions that the low US Dollar rate to the UK Pound will continue for a long time forward from...

Jules
replies: 51 views: 3,632
Sugarnutz 24th December 2008

Hello We all know of the Royer 121. But I am curious as to other ribbon mics that you have used with much success on a...

Energie
replies: 34 views: 3,134
Crowley 24th December 2008

hi all, after doing a lot of research on different monitor stand options i think i have decided to go the sound anchors route -...

stayouttamalibu
replies: 9 views: 1,228
stayouttamalibu 24th December 2008

pretty much the same as sending to another track and recording...

mingustoo
replies: 0 views: 609
mingustoo 24th December 2008

Hi all, I am looking at getting a blackface amplifier, and I fancy the AB763 circuit. As some of you may remember from earlier...

phaedrus
replies: 6 views: 8,044
Brent Hahn 24th December 2008

I have been using a 57 for years. The post's I saw on this subject were a few years old. Are there any new moderate priced mics...

glenn Taylor
replies: 70 views: 6,811
bee 24th December 2008

Generally I'm not a big fan but I have to say this album's pretty ****ing brilliant. Some songs are very FRESH (the adjective I...

FreshSkweez
replies: 0 views: 1,740
FreshSkweez 24th December 2008

Hi, I am having great difficulty deciding which ribbon mic to get. I am using it on a elec guitar cab which is my main reason...

bluesgirl
replies: 18 views: 1,573
Energie 24th December 2008

We have`nt decied yet if we gonna pull this through. We got the gear but it means I have to move from the capitol of SWE to my...

Kim Bjäle
replies: 0 views: 682
Kim Bjäle 24th December 2008

Well, there's been some noise of late around the various forums regarding bit handling during bounce/render/conversion in various...

fader8
replies: 22 views: 1,660
Robert Randolph 24th December 2008

Used 'em awhile ago, didn't like 'em, couldn't get my mixes to translate well. Have been using Note Perfect Alpha's from down...

violindave
replies: 21 views: 3,024
Captain Proton 24th December 2008

Based on searching these forums, I've put together the two 'packages' below. Please vote which you would consider a better...

mdmitch2
replies: 1 views: 816
mdmitch2 24th December 2008

When I record the DI from a guitar on my Apogee Ensemble, I have the gain knob turned ALL THE WAY DOWN to achieve peaks of...

hduncan
replies: 24 views: 1,594
hduncan 23rd December 2008

Hi guys, long time lurker here :) I've borrowed from a very good friend of mine a Lynx Aurora 8 sound card and a lovely Pheonix...

Captain Proton
replies: 3 views: 471
matt thomas 23rd December 2008

Hey, looking for some help hooking a borrowed, older Rosetta AD to my Lightbridge for a session today. I have not been able to...

minor7th
replies: 2 views: 708
MicSlut666 23rd December 2008

I have a session and need to record a country song that has a fiddle. What are your techniques and what mic and preamp combo...

cfdude
replies: 13 views: 2,258
GZsound 23rd December 2008

Any input on your favorite settings kick, snare, toms, etc for rock and roll using this box would be appreciated! Many thanks...

Terry McInturff
replies: 7 views: 1,044
Terry McInturff 23rd December 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search