The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 7
Views: 7
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

i found this pre available for $1,000 and am thinking of making it my final purchase of the year. A band that i am working with...

britdick
replies: 1 views: 576
britdick 29th December 2008

Hi GS, I posted an earlier thread with the identical title, but this is indeed a different question. I intend to use my current...

soupking
replies: 2 views: 902
soupking 29th December 2008

My available compressors are limited. I have 2 160X, the onboard dynamics in my Panasonic DA7 desk, the comp side of a DBX 576,...

Terry McInturff
replies: 11 views: 4,147
Terry McInturff 29th December 2008

Can a DI designed for instrument level input also take a line level input? Specifically the Sansamp Bass Driver DI. I can use...

dakine
replies: 7 views: 1,270
dbbubba 29th December 2008

Hey ive just activated my iLok on iLok.com and it says under licenses that my ilok has: BF Voce Bundle v4 iLok...

Renegade Prod
replies: 2 views: 896
recall 29th December 2008

Ok so I need a nice pair of in-ear style headphones to use with my new MP3 player and to use with an in-ear monitoring...

KeithMoonwannabe
replies: 33 views: 3,869
matskull 29th December 2008

I've got some first generation Mackie HR824s, and just added the Mackie HRS120 subwoofer. I've found some stuff online about...

rdh3t
replies: 4 views: 874
tsvisser 29th December 2008

I have a older Mackie Control and I want to add 3 extender packs.They are all midi.I actually have 2 extenders now but want to...

skiroy
replies: 0 views: 517
skiroy 29th December 2008

I want small monitors as an alternative to my main nearfields: KRK VXT4 or Avantone's Cube actives? I heard the KRK and sound...

ToneRexx
replies: 4 views: 3,759
BobSchwenkler 29th December 2008

i am looking for a stereo preamp (actually 2 API 500 preamp) for my lunch box that would be great for acoustic guitar and chords...

bill3107
replies: 4 views: 679
bill3107 29th December 2008

Anyone tried the recorderman OH technique with double kick drums? I'm recording a band with two kicks soon and the recorderman...

vtone
replies: 0 views: 697
vtone 29th December 2008

1. What's the deal with the rotating grill? 2. Below are two frequency charts for the sm57 from the shure site. They both have...

weownyoursoul
replies: 10 views: 2,953
equallyscrewed 29th December 2008

I have purple mc 76 and noticed that 76 has more noise than my friend's UA 1176 reissue. is it normal? when I turn input and...

josva
replies: 3 views: 757
nosebleedaudio 29th December 2008

Hello; Am trying to set up parallel compression for guitars and am having problems with the sound. I'm on a pro tools hd2 accel...

Mike24
replies: 4 views: 995
kittonian 29th December 2008

Really, this must be the best cable ever. A one meter interconnect for just € 13.999.- (no typo) and 2*4 meter...

Han
replies: 0 views: 672
Han 29th December 2008

Anyone know about his production techniques? I just bought 2 CD's liking the sound (diff artists) and when I looked to see who...

Heartfelt
replies: 9 views: 4,113
Gulliver 29th December 2008

So I just got a new laptop for xmas and it doesn't have a firewire port. It's currently running Vista (though if it frustrates...

KeithMoonwannabe
replies: 2 views: 1,212
timbreman 29th December 2008

Ok i'm gonna change the question. Which Bass, orchestra, drums, guitar, piano plugins do you people Recommend me? Don't think...

matias4000
replies: 6 views: 1,261
rackdude 29th December 2008

For my next recording, I decided that instead of spending my time tracking in the studio, I'd rather have the guitar parts...

10 Dollars
replies: 2 views: 1,061
Kiwiburger 29th December 2008

I might need to post this in Mastering, But thought I'd catch more opinions over here. Looking for something to maximize...

astronmr20
replies: 6 views: 760
Chaellus 29th December 2008

Hey guys, Im trying to send my cable TV receiver to my 22" LCD Screen instead of my big old standard TV. I am completely...

Renegade Prod
replies: 7 views: 11,339
strewnshank 29th December 2008
Avatar for Crystal Mixing and Mastering

Can anyone tell me if I caould replace my L2 with an Oxford Inflator? Is it a mastering limiter? I read up on it but couldnt...

Crystal Mixing and Mastering
replies: 6 views: 1,724
StarfishMusic 29th December 2008

Hi Guys, I was out looking at the Christmas sales today and came across a small Sandisk Sansa 8gb player which had a built in...

recall
replies: 7 views: 725
travisbrown 29th December 2008

How long for? Is there plenty of parts? Qualified technicians?

TapeOp
replies: 4 views: 707
BobSchwenkler 29th December 2008

and im really excited about it. my first band, which lasted throughout college (berklee) my band broke up and i started...

Shane Michael Rose
replies: 4 views: 690
Shane Michael Rose 29th December 2008

Okay, here's the deal. Im wanting the new Komit 500 series compressor by Burgin McDaniel but I dislike (in my opinion) the cheap...

musicbydesign
replies: 12 views: 1,705
Paul Vnuk Jr. 29th December 2008

Hi guys. There have been a few topics recently that have covered this subject in part. (IE. the "produce your own...

withintheflux
replies: 19 views: 907
N88 29th December 2008

Is there a way to keep the volume the same when comparing several things (so you don't trick yourself into thinking the louder...

hduncan
replies: 2 views: 608
hduncan 29th December 2008

Just cabled everything to my new Bittree TT patchbay. I can route my tape outputs to my console line ins, but for some reason...

mikecorwin
replies: 4 views: 821
unit7 28th December 2008

Dear Friends, I hope that you ALL had a Merry Christmas! I am searching for information related to my grandmother's LOWRY...

nharmonic
replies: 3 views: 2,345
nharmonic 28th December 2008

What are the VSO increments on the Big Ben clock? Also, I've done multiple searches multiple times and it seems crazy that...

BobSchwenkler
replies: 5 views: 1,665
Rick Sutton 28th December 2008

I'm looking at starting to build my project studio as I am about to finish my commercial music degree. I'm trained on pro-tools,...

efil4zaggin
replies: 10 views: 4,816
Vanman4254 28th December 2008

I found this "gem." We had an idea about group that would be a surf band except with Marshall stacks and a huge drum...

dbbubba
replies: 3 views: 551
dbbubba 28th December 2008

I've been searching for the best price on an Echo Audiofire 8 and they have it for 416 and everybody else seems to have it for...

allyouneedisears
replies: 2 views: 737
allyouneedisears 28th December 2008

doing my usual Ebay trawl I found one of these: Philips Valve Power Mixer Vintage on eBay, also, Mixers Mixer Accessories, Pro...

recall
replies: 0 views: 1,109
recall 28th December 2008

I am thinking about switching to a standing setup for my monitor/control room position...Do any of you do this already? What...

wheatus
replies: 32 views: 4,069
Alxi 28th December 2008

Hi, so I was wondering if you can set the fader in cubase to edit the sends. I mean, I could even do this with my axiom board,...

rackdude
replies: 6 views: 1,418
rackdude 28th December 2008

So I've got a Fathead (I) that's got a new buzz. Once the source hits around a certain SPL, the thing starts distorting. I...

PLAbass
replies: 3 views: 540
PLAbass 28th December 2008

A friend recently acquired a microphone, and would like some more info about it. Some guy gave it to him and we can't find...

alexp
replies: 1 views: 904
alexp 28th December 2008

I picked up an Ashley SC-68 notch filter for about $10.00 a few years back and it was D.O.A. when I tried to fire it up. I bought...

dbbubba
replies: 2 views: 2,615

im a singer in a band and self record our demos. when it comes to tracking vox though i never seem to be able to get a...

fashionstatement
replies: 1 views: 492
RainbowStorm 28th December 2008

I know there are insane horror stories, but I can't justify spending 3-6k on HD, especially with the new ATA plug and how fast...

beardsnotbeers
replies: 15 views: 2,632
Iggy Poop 28th December 2008

How do you know when you're done? Do you just arbitrarily say, "That's it! I've had enough!" I'm twiddling away in...

deeper
replies: 6 views: 799
RainbowStorm 28th December 2008

I'm running from my trident 4t channel strip into my firepod and for some reason, no matter how much I change the preamp gain, it...

heisleyamor
replies: 12 views: 805

first time post after stumbling on this ace site!!!! right i've been struggling to find the best live microphone. my current...

llaylsnehpets
replies: 1 views: 775
llaylsnehpets 28th December 2008

My 1280b started acting up yesterday. There's noise on all channels intermittently. I monitor from the Direct Outs so I'm...

lord_bunny
replies: 7 views: 1,729
Jim Williams 28th December 2008

....well not completely but I am definitely making changes. Right now I am running Mac Pro Two 3.0 Ghz intel 4 gig ram Motu...

nykx17
replies: 0 views: 409
nykx17 28th December 2008

Hi I'm about to get some cards done up, because i keep getting asked for them and look silly when i don't have anything to...

The Beatsmith
replies: 17 views: 1,957
Audiophile20 28th December 2008

Hi. I purchased my UAD-1 way back when they were first released, late 2001 I believe. I used it with the plugins that came with...

Cantankerous
replies: 11 views: 1,448
Sam an huel 28th December 2008

Ok, I'm working on a da16x with a x-firewire card, the problem is that the F.W. card is not recognized any more after the...

frits
replies: 3 views: 1,051
frits 28th December 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search