The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I am wondering in what league are the AD/DA converters of a lynx two card playing e.g.: RME or Midiman ... ?

black
replies: 4 views: 1,704
Doc Mixwell 2nd January 2009

I would love to get an impulse of this freak phenomena from Brixton Academy, London. When the room is empty, stand in the middle...

scuzzywuzzy
replies: 1 views: 746
scuzzywuzzy 2nd January 2009

could the xmon be used with digi 003 as a d/a? i've read a little about it but i don't completely understand what it...

Firemans Run
replies: 6 views: 4,551
narcoman 2nd January 2009

so the Audiofires 8 and 12 put out ultrasonic noise, quite a bit actually, above 25 khz. the company acknowledges this, and it's...

monkeyxx
replies: 3 views: 807
useme2305 2nd January 2009

Hey chaps, I did something incredibly dumb today. mezed I have an Earthworks M30 that I use for loudspeaker development and...

Shin
replies: 8 views: 793
Eloheim 2nd January 2009

I have a pair of KRK V8 series 1's and I bought them about a year ago and a few months after I got them had an issue with one of...

John D
replies: 1 views: 729
Mike Brown 2nd January 2009

There's several "sellers" selling 87's, 57's, and 58's for too good a deal. Here's a few: 2x NEW SHUREâ„¢ SM57...

Funk-O-Meter
replies: 6 views: 749
jlaugh87 2nd January 2009

So, I'm not on Facebook, but this almost makes me want to join. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2214165610

travisbrown
replies: 123 views: 9,457
Sqye 2nd January 2009

I have started to really understand gain staging, and I find myself adjusting my balance by adjusting the outputs of the plugins...

hduncan
replies: 37 views: 2,687
Sqye 2nd January 2009

Canned band tracks, but live vocals! Maybe the vocals were a bit out front (YA' THINK?) but not terrible...

dbbubba
replies: 16 views: 1,440
Fash 2nd January 2009

in the nicest possible way jkthtyrt I'm new, I'm rash, and I'm abrasive, I know. I'm also just home and I would like to wish...

FeatheredSerpent
replies: 4 views: 1,069
FeatheredSerpent 2nd January 2009

Currently I'm out in LA running at a few studios and trying to pick up enough knowledge so when it comes time I might get that...

rockitrecordings
replies: 14 views: 1,068
rockitrecordings 2nd January 2009

I just picked up a 5043...not having much luck getting it to work 'linked' for some reason. I push both link buttons and set the...

choinga
replies: 20 views: 4,940
Guitfiddle 2nd January 2009

Index of /tree someone grab those!!! Tons of analog repair manuals!

Jay-
replies: 7 views: 835
nukmusic 2nd January 2009

A lot of places aren't open today (it being New Year's Day) but Airwindows was hard at work! That being me, and my cats (whose...

chrisj
replies: 0 views: 591
chrisj 2nd January 2009

I have an 8 Track Tascam I inherited, being mostly a PT and Logic guy I really want to get into tape, and crap my pants a...

AlbatrossAudio
replies: 16 views: 1,183
dbbubba 2nd January 2009

So I just got a good deal on some RP5's on ebay. I've been stubbornly using headphones for mixes up until now and the concept of...

dave_w
replies: 0 views: 535
dave_w 2nd January 2009

My favorite thing in my rack right now. my coworker/ studio manager hasn't seen it yet. he's gonna flip

EstateMatt
replies: 3 views: 790
cavern 2nd January 2009

Not just a drum technique thread, mind you. A phase coherent only drum technique thread. I'm beginning to realize that phase...

redddog
replies: 41 views: 4,504
5down1up 2nd January 2009

So we had a big scare today. I showed up to the studio at 1 PM for a 2 PM session. Started to get set-up and realized I...

Daedalus77
replies: 1 views: 654
drBill 1st January 2009

I just wanted to wish everyone the happiest upcoming year of their lives in music and life!! Happy New Years Jules!! I give my...

Reitzas
replies: 7 views: 641
voiceactor 1st January 2009

When I listen to Coldplay's first 3 records, there's a certain frequency that the vocals hit that have a strange, piercing,...

mbradzick
replies: 27 views: 1,947
mbradzick 1st January 2009

Hi, lots of threads on what microphone to use under the snare (if one at all), but I'm interested in where do you position it...

DeadPoet
replies: 36 views: 3,652
hibakusha 1st January 2009

Hey everyone, what are everyone's go-to techniques when someone asks you for a backward vocal effect? Kind of like the start of...

AndyZippy
replies: 5 views: 2,185
Protools Guy 1st January 2009

Although a bit off topic, What would cause excessive "hum" in ever guitar amp I plug in, in the basement? Does it...

Eddie T. Ellis
replies: 7 views: 634
fhames 1st January 2009

Tell us your story. I'll start. 7th grade I started playing guitar. By the end of 8th grade I bought an Alesis mixer to start...

rackdude
replies: 45 views: 1,852
Emi 1st January 2009

I just got back from touring with my band for a month, just after doing about 6 months of engineering for other bands every day. ...

amishsixstringe
replies: 2 views: 671
fhames 1st January 2009

To all fellow gearslutz! Let's hope its a damn good one!

Eddie T. Ellis
replies: 3 views: 633
fhames 1st January 2009

so I'm running Digital Performer 5.13 with a FF800 and Central Station. I have the Behringer HA4700 for my headphone amp &...

climber
replies: 1 views: 548
climber 1st January 2009

jjblair, who I greatly respect, said he doesn't think much of this over on the (long) Telefunken USA 251 thread. (I didn't want...

chessparov
replies: 0 views: 564
chessparov 1st January 2009

Just wondering if any wood should do the trick or are there particular kinds of wood that are more suitable for live sound. Maybe...

James_Avery
replies: 8 views: 1,268
Eganmedia 1st January 2009

Hello everyone... I'm working on a track for a friend that has a country / Americana vibe. The session consists of an acoustic...

mark.james
replies: 15 views: 5,132
Rick Sutton 1st January 2009

Would anyone have any thoughts on a good Ribbon microphone for vocals? I see a lot for under $500, but I have no idea of their...

glenn Taylor
replies: 9 views: 5,987
fhames 1st January 2009

Hello again..Question: As I was listening to a commercially recorded CD track (s), I couldn't help but notice that the bottom end...

Snatchman
replies: 0 views: 528
Snatchman 1st January 2009

Happy New Year All.freshflowe This is my first post on the forum ever, so be gentle.heppy Fathead II vs. Apex205 = RCA 44BX ...

Sounking
replies: 3 views: 1,252
drBill 1st January 2009

What can I do when you get a artist in the studio playing Acoustic with his fingers playing so softly (but great) that i have to...

AllAboutTone
replies: 29 views: 944
dpianomn 1st January 2009

Hey i was just wondering, how many high end preamps do you guys you use when recording, drums in particular seeming as that is...

TehGuitarist
replies: 10 views: 1,205
strewnshank 1st January 2009

my kids pitched in and got me a new sony bravia home theater sound system for christmas. we watched "eagle eye" last...

jnorman
replies: 32 views: 2,085
taturana 1st January 2009

Hi All, Just like the title says, I'd like to get feedback or hear clips (especially male vocals) for the Pearlman TM-2. ...

TCW
replies: 0 views: 680
TCW 1st January 2009

Wondered what are some of the most common frequencies you're cutting/boosting, for male vocals, on the SM57/58 or 545...

chessparov
replies: 5 views: 1,971
chessparov 1st January 2009

Just a question for the moderators:-) how about adding a topic like the Rap + Hip Hop engineering & production but having...

lionheart
replies: 51 views: 2,764
TehGuitarist 1st January 2009

Anyone using these? They claim compatibility with Pro Tools, just wondering if anyone has any experience. I think I'm gonna go...

satiricalwonder
replies: 7 views: 3,487
Mike Brown 1st January 2009

hello, since I do scout many bands it would be nice to have more producers in the pop/rock genre in my list beautiful spirit...

DanielaPetri
replies: 0 views: 798
DanielaPetri 1st January 2009

I'm looking for some advice on reconfiguring my (home)studio, my actual confuguration is: - Tascam DM24 with extra Adat card...

Gaston69
replies: 3 views: 2,632
Steffmo 1st January 2009

Lately I have been mixing with compression engaged on the 2 bus(e.g. UAD Neve 33609, SSL G-Master, etc.). When the mix is...

gearjunky
replies: 6 views: 1,354
gearjunky 1st January 2009

i have to admit is not studio related unless u are talking about the client chill room for which you would have cable.. ...

gsilbers
replies: 0 views: 785
gsilbers 1st January 2009

Does anyone know exactly which songs he mixed? or on Gavin Degraw's most current release (self titled) which songs did MB...

jerdude
replies: 13 views: 4,968
pootkao 1st January 2009

Hello everyone. I'm new here,so i apologise in advance if i posted in the wrong field. I just wanted to ask,does anyone know of...

carnibal
replies: 2 views: 8,791
taramalin 1st January 2009

Im using a soundcraft ghost modded by creation audio labs. Im using the pres in this and four brent averill 312s and a Lachapel...

jeff4h
replies: 1 views: 708
Snatchman 1st January 2009

I just got my used UAD-1 from ebay and when i signed up for my account it said i have a 150$ free coupon to use through the 31st....

imloggedin
replies: 2 views: 914
The dman 1st January 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search