The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

First, will putting mild compression and/or something like massey tapehead on a master bus make it harder for the mastering...

Elvis
replies: 2 views: 1,210
JSG 9th January 2009

Just to let u know, a fellow engineer and friend of mine, has agreed to do it for the fun of it, so I guess the position is now...

toolskid
replies: 1 views: 1,176
thenoiseflower 9th January 2009

Hi all, I'm a bit of a neat freak sometimes, and having stands and wires all over the place when I'm recording drums really...

jimcroisdale
replies: 4 views: 3,370
BLUElightCory 9th January 2009

I have been on a quest to add a quality ribbon to my mic locker and I got to thinking - normally on a vocal session I'd use the...

FastlanePro
replies: 1 views: 663
staudio 9th January 2009

I've finally heard the new unreleased Wilco album and it is really something else! They've gone in a pretty new direction as far...

jacob eli
replies: 39 views: 8,197
rodreb 9th January 2009

Hi, I want to have drum samples playing live but my bandmate wants to use my mac hooked up with a midi keyboard for synth...

AndySebastian
replies: 5 views: 716
tonevision 9th January 2009

I have a VU meter, I went ahead and left my RANE SM82 mixer on all night! YEAH! COOL! Now it stinks like burnt wire and was...

Jay-
replies: 0 views: 828
Jay- 9th January 2009

I am looking for a studio and engineer to track drums for a progressive rock album. The singer, keyboardist, and guitarist will...

jplanet
replies: 12 views: 866
goldenlotus 9th January 2009

Thought this would be interesting to those who have'nt checked out the RIAA site... I wondered if we tallied up the CONSOLES that...

ricfoxx
replies: 6 views: 965
Jules 9th January 2009

Does it matter if the Sub kick speaker is mounted in a square box with no back or a circular enclosure.The circular enclosure...

skiroy
replies: 9 views: 1,792
Space Station 9th January 2009

Microsoft Research Songsmith Please be warned, appleinsider.com reports it as an anwser to Garage Band, if you were like me,...

redsox8811
replies: 1 views: 956
redsox8811 9th January 2009

Anyone know what to get and where???

Flymax
replies: 9 views: 805
ron florentine 9th January 2009

Hi all! First of all thanks for all the help given to me RE microphone's preamps - I really appreciate it!!! Now I have a...

sylwia666
replies: 0 views: 546
sylwia666 9th January 2009

Hey ho, Gerband makes awesome tape here in Germany but the stopped producing 25mm and now only make stupid 19mm. Does...

sixtiksix
replies: 0 views: 605
sixtiksix 9th January 2009

I'm looking to get an external compressor-nothing too expensive and was hoping someone here could be of some assistance. I was...

petermmurray
replies: 12 views: 1,457
127Riot 9th January 2009

I am looking into getting a 003 rack but want to make use of the 8 ADAT inputs. I haven't really found any Pres i want to use...

despairfactor
replies: 0 views: 1,506
despairfactor 9th January 2009

Anybody know where I can get a replacement remote for a Dynaudio BM10S sub? They are discontinued and the only way to access the...

Croaker
replies: 0 views: 706
Croaker 9th January 2009

When you used to just play music/sing for the pure enjoyment of it? When you went to a concert to listen without dissecting...

Deleted User
replies: 5 views: 644
surflounge 9th January 2009

I want to try out an arpeggio in the back of a chorus in a project I'm working on. Kind of like Muse - Stockholm Syndrome in the...

heisleyamor
replies: 2 views: 1,628
s34nsm411 9th January 2009

Im looking at the SQ1 eq, comps, etc.. Anyone have any hands on experience with using Klark Teknik gear? Do you like them?...

perx
replies: 25 views: 8,209
Mike Chav 9th January 2009

Just picked up a pair on the ultra cheap!! Ive read a bunch of great reviews so I figured I would try them out. Anyone have any...

JSRogers
replies: 5 views: 788
DesertDawg 9th January 2009

I would like to have those Jamiroquai disco strings to put to use. Is it found in the ARP Solina or some kind of plugin ? I...

androne
replies: 5 views: 1,548
bcgood 9th January 2009

Please!! Any pro tools users out there help me oout with this stupid little detail. You know how in the edit window you can...

Iggy Poop
replies: 11 views: 950
Tony Shepperd 9th January 2009

Shasta Dam Echo Tunnel I took this photo inside the bottom of Shasta Dam. It is 883 feet thick at the base. There was more...

bcgood
replies: 11 views: 1,778
bcgood 9th January 2009

Hello everyone.I'm planing to move OTB and need 8 ch AD for tracking and 24 ch DA for mix. I have RME HDSPe AES 16 ch wich i...

romanchukcha
replies: 3 views: 638
romanchukcha 9th January 2009

Anyone using these? Anyone have a direct comparison to other tubes? I've already got a Wagner U47 coming and a couple AT4060s...

plexisys
replies: 52 views: 7,794
Mike Brown 9th January 2009

with a MOTU 24 I/O and Event asp8 monitors, and a fairly well treated room; am I going to notice a big change going from a...

filthyrich
replies: 5 views: 910
trock 9th January 2009

Hey guys, quick question for ya. For the longest time I’ve been looking for a MIDI controller that has a ton of knobs, faders,...

yannfan
replies: 13 views: 1,081
David-Morpheus 9th January 2009

As I mentioned in previous post, I am a nube when it xomes to analog recording, but are certain tape machines suppose to handle...

jlaugh87
replies: 2 views: 655
jlaugh87 9th January 2009

Hi, Anyone know which mic was used for the vocals on Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper". and/or what mic from...

ob1
replies: 3 views: 887
audionickw 9th January 2009

I was using a pair of Summit TLA50 compressors today (not at my studio). I couldn't get the VU to budge when I set it to meter...

dannygold
replies: 0 views: 619
dannygold 9th January 2009

I'm thinking of buying one very soon, have any of you guys used one? Samson - Zoom - G9.2tt

CK9
replies: 6 views: 1,555
IofHorus 9th January 2009

hey all, i need some serious help here. Ive recenntly upgrade to PT 8.0 on WinXP and when im recording punch-ins, i get a DAE...

knifetheglitter
replies: 5 views: 937
julian.david 9th January 2009

I just received my Vintech X73 today. I am quite a newbie when it comes to understanding ins and outs. I will try to explain...

newlyformedmind
replies: 9 views: 1,308
deeper 8th January 2009

So after using PT8, I'm really digging it, but I still just can't get over the mediocre hardware, one of the reasons why I left...

tsvisser
replies: 1 views: 563
Big Ale 8th January 2009

I found this... Digital or Analog? Not just entries in some catalog Of taxonomy, your pet's not mere clog The dog's built for...

analogica
replies: 0 views: 644
analogica 8th January 2009

Hello Everyone. So, in these great days for recording studio I find myself again in one after a short break for a cooking...

Batchainpuller78
replies: 21 views: 2,370
Batchainpuller78 8th January 2009

Im mixing something at the minute and the band want a 'modern yet reto mix" Any suggestions? Something well produced and...

rhythmmaster
replies: 5 views: 594
dero 8th January 2009

I have been reading some post where folks insert pre´s into the insert´s of there boards. Maybe I mis red the whole Idea. ...

2deep2112
replies: 2 views: 511
2deep2112 8th January 2009

I'm doing an assignment for college where we have to research a famous producer or engineer. I chose Bob Rock. In my essay i will...

Scuba
replies: 0 views: 893
Scuba 8th January 2009

hey guys, I am new to gearslutz and I am picking a college to go to soon. I want to go for audio engineering or something...

Sarab543
replies: 2 views: 566
drBill 8th January 2009

This headline is incomplete. It should finish with ".... or John Bonham.... or a good reason to do it..." :) -...

Silver Sonya
replies: 21 views: 2,682
Bodoc 8th January 2009

Happy New Year everyone. Hope 2009 is starting off well for you all. My name is Bill Phillips, and in addition to being a...

Navigator
replies: 0 views: 807
Navigator 8th January 2009

Hi chaps. Ive read alot (in masterig audio the art and the science as well as on here) on how radio stations brickwall limiters...

Ozzy
replies: 2 views: 1,438
semtek 8th January 2009

I am running PT HD and I'm in the middle of a mixing session. I pulled up a song, and there was obvious dly compensation...

mistervenable
replies: 14 views: 1,444
Mike Brown 8th January 2009

What did you use to rip your CD collection for Itunes and Ipod listening? Tell me what codec (Itunes AAC, LAME, etc...) Tell...

bchamorro
replies: 42 views: 9,475
andsonic 8th January 2009

Hey, I'm considering a switch to PT Le , with a command 8, but only if it's gonna work with my UAD cards, I have 1 UAD1e and 1...

djanogil
replies: 2 views: 581
grooveboxxx 8th January 2009

I emailed them to find out and didn't get a response. I'm interested in the MM27'S but I want to hear them for myself. I'm aware...

CorkyTart
replies: 5 views: 951
Getafix 8th January 2009

Hello wise 'Slutz New to all of this, but been lurking for a while and soaking up the wisdom - but I have searched before...

Bewildered
replies: 4 views: 896
Bewildered 8th January 2009

I am working on marketing ideas for the studio and am thinking about doing a promotion with a local club hosting a "Battle...

Dopamine
replies: 8 views: 1,465
bitman 8th January 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search