The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByThomann
Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,395
Views: 2,395
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi everyone Sorry if this is the wrong part of Gearslutz for this discussion (I'm sure a mod will move it if this is the case)...

BSMo
replies: 6 views: 1,034
BSMo 31st January 2009

Are these really as crappy as they seem or just really convenient?

JR11
replies: 2 views: 653
John Willett 31st January 2009

I'm testing a second hand DMP3 preamp and wondering the clipping leds. They are supposed to light up 4dB before clipping, but I...

anapena
replies: 4 views: 1,084
anapena 31st January 2009

I'm a home studio just-for-fun guy. I'm thinking of purchasing a Focusrite ISA One--my first decent quality mic pre. But would it...

[email protected]
replies: 1 views: 658
opentune 31st January 2009

At title, I dont understand why certain soundcards have two FireWire ports on them. My uncle has a MOTU 828 with two ports on...

euphoria89
replies: 14 views: 6,780
travisbrown 31st January 2009

Hey, I'm doing a musical theater show with some odd requests. On the sound side, I need something that will have a playlist for...

rackdude
replies: 1 views: 499
travisbrown 31st January 2009

My old external hard drive just got eaten up. I couldnt record to it while trackiing since it was barely fast enough What type...

tropics
replies: 20 views: 4,600
phillysoulman 31st January 2009

Ive had it in mind to start a thread of such. Ive used, enjoyd, and even made money using these great tools for hours and days....

rashman
replies: 10 views: 3,280
Dean Roddey 31st January 2009

Parabolics dishes are used in sports - I use em in drum recordings. Especially for room sounds. Shotguns are pretty hopeless...

FAT
replies: 5 views: 885
FAT 31st January 2009

I'm using a 002 rack with the Black Lion HD mod. Are there any A/D converters out there under $1000 that would be a significant...

Colorblind
replies: 4 views: 757
los marbles 31st January 2009

Okay, I'm not POSITIVE I've had the go around, but there's about a 70% I've just been owned in the most critical of ways. ...

The Greening
replies: 62 views: 5,548
joelpatterson 31st January 2009

I have Genelec 1029 that I´m planning to use as main speakers at my new /upcoming 20m² control room. Should I pair them with...

jaakkol
replies: 3 views: 962
CorkyTart 31st January 2009

I really want to see something to get great artists recording great tracks and albums. Now I was thinking why can't there be an...

warmer
replies: 40 views: 2,191
Kronos147 31st January 2009

Hi Everyone, So I'm new to the GS world and see tons of buzz and info flying around about everyone's gear and am wondering...

lank81
replies: 4 views: 893
theblue1 31st January 2009

Hi GS, I've been recording to tape these days. It's a real trip not knowing how something is going to sound before it's...

soupking
replies: 22 views: 7,754
soupking 31st January 2009

That groove is from a disco song I heard on the radio but can't remember the name...

James Lugo
replies: 10 views: 1,079
narcoman 31st January 2009

These mic pictures were taken from a Yael Naim video (she's the one who did the song "New Soul" for the Macbook Air...

gamrecords
replies: 5 views: 2,166
Matti 31st January 2009

I've never seen this before. Doesn't cost much to keep up a website...or does it these days? www.oldschoolaudio.com

Unknown soldier
replies: 13 views: 1,497
NathanEldred 31st January 2009

sm7b? or RNLA? use a 4033 and True P solo. Ive never used hardware compression going in , and if I could just achieve a...

ChaosCreation
replies: 15 views: 919
mfender 31st January 2009

Hi everybody I have a stereo monitors ( genelec 1030 ) and I have also 2 stereo DAC converters. So I need something to route the...

ezrecords
replies: 10 views: 689
Audiop 30th January 2009

I am looking to purchase the following 3 microphones and would like to have a pair of one of them. Are these solid choices for...

Paul Vnuk Jr.
replies: 6 views: 1,490
McPhaul 30th January 2009

I'm starting some heavy dropped tuned rock/metal records and now I have the recto, what's the ultimate guitar to go with it for...

James Lugo
replies: 31 views: 2,059
robot gigante 30th January 2009

Any thoughts about this Is it possible to run HD3 Accel at PCI whith a UAD Nevana at PCIe ? Will this work Gigabyte...

surroundwork
replies: 1 views: 602
Never1 30th January 2009

Hi all here, I hope somebody can help me with a little problem I have. I have a recorded drumkit. Now the single tracks are...

whitenoise
replies: 12 views: 11,447
jonlisty 30th January 2009

I like my tones, but I'd like more width and depth in my final product. In an effort to learn more about summing, I talked to a...

slopeshoulder
replies: 8 views: 1,082
TacosWhenTwisted 30th January 2009

I'm wondering if there is anyone else out there who is interested in finding and sharing studio space in Northern, NJ (bergen),...

skiltrip
replies: 1 views: 871
boxymoron 30th January 2009

Ok, obviously there is still an art to recording your own sounds and I'm not saying drum replacement is the way to go...the...

BrandRecordingCo
replies: 24 views: 3,699
trevort 30th January 2009

Does anybody have any experience with this mixer? It has VCA fader automation, which is cool. I found one for under $800 and am...

BrandRecordingCo
replies: 0 views: 919
BrandRecordingCo 30th January 2009

Hi all, This kind of comes from a separate post, but i think it is a topic in and of itself. Can anyone tell me what the 'mic...

aknightin?
replies: 11 views: 2,077
gwailoh 30th January 2009

Anyone got some recommendations for a simple setup to kind of simulate a studio sweet spot in my drivers seat? What are some...

bringmewater
replies: 1 views: 784
Autocrat 30th January 2009

I want to get a new convertor as going thru the line on my mbox sounds awful. I wanna convertor with pres and to hook it up to...

finlove
replies: 12 views: 967
finlove 30th January 2009

Do you know some secrets about the man ? He recorded and mixed a lots of great metal albums from bands like IN FLAMES, SOILWORK,...

SLy_drums
replies: 45 views: 17,302
Genius Gone Ins 30th January 2009

I'm looking forward to cut some demo acoustic guitar/vocals tracks. I'm not looking forward to have top notch quality as much as...

obscure object
replies: 6 views: 3,112
obscure object 30th January 2009

So i've narrowed my search to these 4 500 comps: Anamod 660 API 525 Buzz Essence Shadow Hills opto 500 This will...

hogo
replies: 18 views: 1,439
George Necola 30th January 2009

Namm's 2 weeks away, spill the beans, what's comin? Already know about cubase 5.

Crandak
replies: 80 views: 10,742
Doc Mixwell 30th January 2009

I mix in a room that is approximately 12 feet X 14 feet, with 9 foot ceilings. The room has been acoustically treated (6 bass...

days
replies: 17 views: 3,096
Ethan Winer 30th January 2009

My friend is coming into town today to record some stuff with me but my firepod is buzzing! I mainly record everything through my...

heisleyamor
replies: 0 views: 521
heisleyamor 30th January 2009

I'm considering purchasing the MR816csx interface and adding a Dangerous 2bus LT for summing. I'm trying to work out the routing...

LSProductions
replies: 0 views: 817
LSProductions 30th January 2009

Anyone familiar with this product? I want to get a better converter than my Digi002, but the RME ADI-2 is pricey and I haven't...

numberforty1
replies: 0 views: 648
numberforty1 30th January 2009

When a power amp has no audio going through it, does it use no power? Does it draw its full amount from the wall all the time...

soundawg
replies: 4 views: 6,188
ark 30th January 2009

I would love a Summit FeQ 50 to help my vocals, but if I add another one would they be any useful as mastering EQs for my tracks?...

toasteh
replies: 8 views: 1,478
buzzjoe 30th January 2009

you know that super crisp 80's thrash crunch like on ride the lightning/kill em all/among the living/spreading the disease/speak...

maskedman72
replies: 2 views: 2,123
maskedman72 30th January 2009

Hi gang. Just watching a TV special on ABBA. They were ahead of their time I reckon - great Pop hits. Anyone got any ideas or...

anguswoodhead
replies: 63 views: 31,942
author 30th January 2009

thoughts? opinions? experiences?

brand3d
replies: 2 views: 1,835
brand3d 30th January 2009

Ok, I am recording a metal band and after going through and figuring out the tempo map for the entire song, there are a TON of...

hduncan
replies: 30 views: 1,631
2deep2112 30th January 2009

Does anyone have experience with this? I can get it deadly cheap so I'm thinking it's a no-brainer, but then again if I could...

ColourSurround
replies: 7 views: 2,184
DrDeltaM 30th January 2009

Is there a tool that can split the M/S signal/information into 2 separate stereo tracks, while maintaining the proper stereo...

Entrainer
replies: 5 views: 978
DrDeltaM 30th January 2009

First Off Wassup everyone first time poster here don't eat me alive! So basically since i purchased this mic (in shipping) it's...

pest1320
replies: 2 views: 749
larrykane 30th January 2009

Which cable do you guys think would be better to have a longer run of, light pipe or firewire? Neither will be over 12ft.

SaschaP
replies: 5 views: 1,032
djgizmo 30th January 2009

Hi all, Are there any sort of standards for when one travels out of town for a day, couple days, few weeks? Is it normal to...

BobSchwenkler
replies: 0 views: 673
BobSchwenkler 30th January 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search