The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,094
Views: 2,094
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I am looking to buy an Expansion Chassis for my Pro Tools HD3 Rig. I have a G5 with PCI-x slots. Is this 6 slot Magma Chassis...

TheQuietLiar
replies: 3 views: 710
TheQuietLiar 7th February 2009

Hello, I am a complete novice at building speakers. What I would like to try building is two loudspeakers, each with a 10"...

dbonejones
replies: 2 views: 554
rwhealey 7th February 2009

I need a reference of what a studio would look like from this time period... so what kind of stuff would they have in there?

rackdude
replies: 15 views: 3,654
Bob Olhsson 7th February 2009

I have been doing freelance recordings and mixing for several years now. And in being a live sound engineer and a musician I have...

[email protected]
replies: 3 views: 3,258
Savernake 7th February 2009

Now that the PCM96 has been out for a while, have they ironed out all the bugs? I am wondering specifically the stability of...

Dopamine
replies: 2 views: 629
Dopamine 7th February 2009

ok, so as the title suggests, i have a pair of genelec 8030a monitors. my question is how high i should have them? ie, which...

nick-the-sax
replies: 4 views: 986
nick-the-sax 7th February 2009

I can't find a good tool to manage my music. How about Windows Mediaplayer 11 or what ever? How do you manage your NON ipod...

gurubuzz
replies: 0 views: 665
gurubuzz 7th February 2009

I have heard about taking a duplicate of a electric guitar and heavily compressing it to mix with the original(parralell...

skiroy
replies: 2 views: 727
Unclenny 7th February 2009

Hi all It's time for me to begin capturing direct guitar at some of the sessions and then later re amp out to amps after the...

larrykane
replies: 5 views: 627
Rogervandeberg 7th February 2009

As Saturation becomes more and more important in these digital days, I quickly set up a comparison between different plugins I...

MatzeMillion
replies: 34 views: 4,423
marcus 7th February 2009

Hey guys, I just switched from a 2.2 macbook pro to a 2.4 imac, and after reinstalling logic etc (7 hours??!!) I cant help but...

SOLOIST101
replies: 0 views: 614
SOLOIST101 7th February 2009

... hotel chealsea nights is my new reference track, when testing new studio monitors.... how incredible is that album?

Alexi
replies: 2 views: 736
James_Avery 7th February 2009

Looking for an empty 2-10 cab. Was wondering people's experience here with vaious cab makers. Thanks

swankdoc
replies: 1 views: 1,246
Nu-tra 7th February 2009

Aside from the difference in power rating, is there any difference in response or otherwise between the NS-10M and NS-10M PRO?...

synth_head
replies: 2 views: 3,759
vertical 7th February 2009

Hi guys im still having pretty serious issues, ive reformatted my pc for a second time, Im running nuendo 3.2 with a motu 828MK2...

Realziment
replies: 0 views: 664
Realziment 7th February 2009

G'day to all the slutz down under! I'm a Canadian who's been approached by Blue Pie Productions to represent me down there. ...

mamm7215
replies: 0 views: 172
mamm7215 7th February 2009

This seems pretty boutique, cool, and very expensive! From the URL below: "I wanted to create a mixer that had 64 inputs...

vo1k1
replies: 3 views: 1,143
TonyBelmont 7th February 2009

Got me a R121 and 4038 already. Various duties all around, including some vocals. Looking to add an R84 to the bunch... is it...

cl516
replies: 0 views: 567
cl516 7th February 2009

I ask this because we recorded a bunch of drum tracks at my local studio and at the end of the session i went out for a smoke...

iamproof
replies: 5 views: 2,494
iamproof 7th February 2009

a client that i am working with in new york city asked me about recording schools/ classes in or around the city. I live in...

Shane Michael Rose
replies: 0 views: 559
Shane Michael Rose 7th February 2009

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for the best way to setup a patchbay for different keyboards/synths (with balanced...

Fishy1500
replies: 2 views: 1,124
uncle duncan 7th February 2009

Posted this in Geekslutz, but thought I might find some more eyes over here. I have an RE-201 that physically is mint, but 1...

ELI-173
replies: 2 views: 582
ELI-173 7th February 2009

Trying to find out if the 3.50 OS gives the Finalizer Plus(not the 96k) the Spectral Stereo Image feature? would be under...

dietrich10
replies: 6 views: 1,884
Tweaker 7th February 2009

I just moved to an apartment and do a lot of song writing in my room. I only have one roommate but would like to bother him as...

thedommer
replies: 11 views: 18,655
FFTT 7th February 2009

hello i recorded an acoustic guitar vocal track. left bottem guitar < km 184 directed left hole of guitar < r92 very...

ZEBRAAA
replies: 3 views: 560
Russell Elevado 7th February 2009

I'm trying to record some big footstomps and handclaps for a song, and I want sort of a "bunch of people in a barn"...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 9 views: 4,903
David R. 7th February 2009

Dear forum, I have a small setup that I have been trying to transform into something that won't need upgrading (like for like)...

J.S.Vega III
replies: 4 views: 728
J.S.Vega III 7th February 2009

To lower my open mic noise floor, I have a windowing expander/gate in my audio chain, directly out of the mic pre before the...

JMc
replies: 0 views: 707
JMc 7th February 2009

Hi all, I'm in the situation where I can't afford a decent guitar amp so I've had to turn to plugins. So far this week I have...

Enerjex
replies: 95 views: 8,409
InstituteOfNoise 7th February 2009

So. After a few years without Logic we've bought Logic 8 and have started to do all the 'creative' stuff in there. Hooray! I...

CLH
replies: 10 views: 628
CLH 6th February 2009

hey slutz- I'm in the process of changing my record/mix setup slightly. my standard setup is using a dangerous 2bus-LT for...

otobianki74
replies: 4 views: 762
redroom 6th February 2009

I've been reading about a budget mic, the ADK S7, on the kick. Apparently it has SPLs of 150dB, and people talk of it as the...

eitherorstudio
replies: 1 views: 1,630
tenchijin2 6th February 2009

Hey, so I recently purchased a used Halfer P230 along with NS10s. I re-coned all 4 speakers in the ns10s and I think I'm ready...

TheQuietLiar
replies: 2 views: 758
TheQuietLiar 6th February 2009

Hi everyone Im new to the boards and was trying to find a good place to post this question. I am a recent grad from a sound arts...

jakeh111
replies: 1 views: 835
macleod 6th February 2009

Been using the demo for a few days now and I gotta say, absolutely fantastic. Transparent, deadly accurate, easy to use with a...

ColourSurround
replies: 6 views: 1,920
Dog Boots 6th February 2009

Anybody know what the story is with this? I have occassionally found myself driving the Waves E-Channel so hard that the Red...

Soulbrother
replies: 5 views: 1,511
Mike Brown 6th February 2009

just picked up some mixing work of some alternative dance music - something like depeche mode meets kate bush with a stiff four...

rack gear
replies: 2 views: 566
rack gear 6th February 2009

Ok so I hooked up some of my external instruments to my neutrik trs patch bay. Running analog to Rosetta 800 then out optical to...

RonT
replies: 4 views: 1,571
stratton 6th February 2009

At least every other day i get asked if I could give a free sample mix to show what I can do. I know you high end guys don't deal...

DP40oz
replies: 2 views: 978
bentwookieesound 6th February 2009

Just curios to see what kind of signal processing you find yourself applying to lush pads. I never really use pads but this new...

Realziment
replies: 5 views: 721
Realziment 6th February 2009

Recently I'm been using my AT 4050 to mic a guitar cab, about 2 feet back, and I'm liking the the depth and clarity I get over...

Unknown soldier
replies: 32 views: 3,353
John Suitcase 6th February 2009

Here's the situation, i'm looking to add a pair of Focal CMS monitors to my setup as an extra reference (mackie 824's and genelec...

AdamJay
replies: 1 views: 828
AdamJay 6th February 2009

Guys, I am new to recording and I was wondering if it is customary to track guitars using the amp's reverb or to do it dry and...

J.C.
replies: 14 views: 1,023
bradb 6th February 2009

It's a very annoying sound and a PITA! Any tried and true methods or processors? Me tired of surgery mezed

CJdeVillar
replies: 14 views: 2,984
seaneldon 6th February 2009

Hi There, Im searching for (the best) a program/tool which is making a Mp3/Wav Song (with vocals) to a Karaoke/Instrumental...

TAXS
replies: 0 views: 810
TAXS 6th February 2009

I´m looking for upgrade for my cheap M-powered 1814 AD/DA converters and also summing box. My budjet would somewhere between...

jaakkol
replies: 2 views: 864
psycho_monkey 6th February 2009

I'm interested to know if anyone has experience with, or knowledge of, the sonic and quality differences between the older Apogee...

Tim Abraham
replies: 4 views: 2,504
bwaudio 6th February 2009

hey fellow slutz! heres my situation. I have a one room set up (a small room about 10x12 maybe a tad bigger) im trying to...

ORGANIK
replies: 5 views: 1,117
ORGANIK 6th February 2009

Hey, I'm pretty new to recording; I've never recorded in my life. I get the basic idea of protools, the control surfaces and...

go9210
replies: 6 views: 504
warhead 6th February 2009

Hello everyone, So I am doing a dissertation on Nashville Production techniques, just wondered if you guys knew of any books...

bigggidy
replies: 2 views: 1,134
strat+ac30 6th February 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search