The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

eq carving and or....... recording some instruments at different frequencies ? for dense mixes ,anyone with lots of experience...

no drama
replies: 2 views: 666
awakened 3rd February 2009

Ok so at my work we have 5 Avalon VT-737's, 3 of which we bought 4 months ago and one of those 3 just died. Avalon refuses to...

illiummusic
replies: 18 views: 987
JMc 3rd February 2009

I record in a small room, treated well with acoustic panels, etc. I've gotten a decent drum sound but I'd like to improve it...

DavidKmusic
replies: 8 views: 760
DavidKmusic 3rd February 2009

You know is sonar has a double command like PT or just copy paste?

skiroy
replies: 5 views: 606
skiroy 3rd February 2009

Whats good everyone!? Just copped a Duet off ebay for a steal. How would i incorporate my Avalon 747 into the mix. The DUet...

DAREDFACE
replies: 0 views: 766
DAREDFACE 3rd February 2009

I have an old Peavey amp (circa mid 70's) that needs to have a 4-button footswitch connected to control the amp stages, reverb...

gigamesh
replies: 4 views: 625
gigamesh 3rd February 2009

Hi to all. I've always been a big fan of AOR, especially of the late 80's album, like Giant- Last of the Runaways -'89 (Therry...

Antonio Agrusta
replies: 61 views: 9,719
FireMoon 3rd February 2009

Hey, Quick question on the Presonus Digimax D8. Is the "guitar" input impedance matched properly for guitar? and If...

nonsuchpro
replies: 1 views: 699
ricknaqvi 3rd February 2009

title says it all... thanks, Martin Dubka

Martin Dubka
replies: 16 views: 2,188
reflixtinian 3rd February 2009

I was reading Bob Clearmountain's SOS article and they talk about "pulling down the sample rate to 47.967k while...

Azimuth
replies: 9 views: 1,179
theblue1 3rd February 2009

I currently own 8 GIK 244 bass traps and while I made some excellent recordings with them I am thinking I am ready to upgrade. I...

Gearhero
replies: 0 views: 459
Gearhero 3rd February 2009

Did any of you guys notice Springsteen's guitar tech barely catch the '52 Tele, and then stumble over the Marshall 4x12? One...

Protools Guy
replies: 21 views: 4,717
AllAboutTone 3rd February 2009

Can't find much information on the Auratone T6. These are two-way monitors. Anyone use them?

dakine
replies: 1 views: 2,507
dakine 3rd February 2009

OK...not quite that bad. Due to day job issues I find myself with little quality time in my modest home studio. I have a...

Unclenny
replies: 20 views: 1,783
Unclenny 3rd February 2009

I have a few Optical Sources and a few Balanced and Unbalanced sources. Any good rack units for selecting different sources w/...

pro
replies: 0 views: 641
pro 3rd February 2009

HI All, I have got a pair of 824's as my main studio speakers, I have recently moved house and had to change my monitoring...

TWINSTATES
replies: 5 views: 1,103
TWINSTATES 3rd February 2009

I'm looking for some good monitors specifically made for producing music. Recently i've been advised to purchase one of the...

Sneeki
replies: 9 views: 974
theque 3rd February 2009

Hello, I've got a project ahead where the band does wants to record on 2" 24trk. I don't know yet what machine it will be...

Beardhead
replies: 8 views: 1,607
Benmrx 3rd February 2009

So my wife and I are in bed and our cat Harley jumps up and proceeds to lay on top of her head and commences to purr. She said it...

eddiesound
replies: 10 views: 955
organsymphony 3rd February 2009

hiya - i am using a pair of Tannoy Active Reveal monitors, and want to add a powered subwoofer. the subwoofer has speaker level...

jnorman
replies: 2 views: 1,378
fastonkeys 2nd February 2009

hello i would like to know the difference between using the mic low cut, or the pre low cut, or the low cut in mix with a plug...

elan
replies: 16 views: 1,804
NickHiebert 2nd February 2009

ok i've been pulling my hair out tonight trying to track down this problem, please listen to the attached 5 second file. i...

ninjastar
replies: 7 views: 3,763
Aisle 6 2nd February 2009

I need to put an attenuator in line between my mic and mic pre. I have an A-Designs ATTY. Has anyone used one for this...

engmix
replies: 7 views: 1,114
ericwall 2nd February 2009

I'm trying to find out more about the Chung King live rooms, mix rooms, gear, mics, consoles and other equipment. They're...

bradb
replies: 19 views: 1,531
idylldon 2nd February 2009

Hey All, One of my plugin sample ROM boards is starting to fail on me. I swap out these ROM boards often and now a couple of...

average_male
replies: 0 views: 456
average_male 2nd February 2009

I need a couple dynamics to round out mic collection. ev / beyer suggestion ? i was thinking ev pl6, 15, 16, 80, 635a or beyer...

chet.d
replies: 28 views: 5,286
producer73 2nd February 2009

Hi Anyone use the Beyer Dynamic MC 714 and if so, what can you tell me about it? thanks. kfhkh

wakerickman
replies: 7 views: 2,450
wakerickman 2nd February 2009

Hello - I wonder which of the two has the better converters and pres. Or do they have the same? Can anybody help me, because I'm...

Booda
replies: 3 views: 4,949
nick-the-sax 2nd February 2009

I was wondering how could I convert say Dbfs (used by logic 8 etc.) to SPL scale. I would like to know how loud I monitor when I...

jujumies
replies: 13 views: 11,205
theblue1 2nd February 2009

Hi all. I'm looking into getting my first (line-level) patchbay. So excited to have enough stuff that I actually need one! ...

chadli
replies: 6 views: 1,004
Quint 2nd February 2009

Hi, What actually happens when exporting to omf? Does omf have any effect to the quality of audio files? So basically is it...

jujumies
replies: 9 views: 909
drBill 2nd February 2009

I'm trying to brainstorm and think of gear makers / manufacturers / companies that have offices and/or are based in Northern NJ...

skiltrip
replies: 11 views: 1,372
Jimbo 2nd February 2009

It is 8:05pm and I am just finishing up my last song to a wave file. The contest says a cd must be 35 miutes or 10 songs. So, I...

walter tore
replies: 6 views: 763
BudgetMC 2nd February 2009

Hi I'm searching for a Silver popfilter. Is there a brand who has those colors? (I prefer something which can be ordered in EU).

TAXS
replies: 1 views: 568
midnightsun 2nd February 2009

Recently I had a mix played on a large system and was completely in shock as to how much lower the bass extended to. I switched...

Umlaaat
replies: 10 views: 5,847
elan 2nd February 2009

Hey guys. This is kind of a dumb question but here goes. When close micing an instrument or voice, which low cut filter do you...

GearGeek
replies: 14 views: 7,185
elan 2nd February 2009

Being the total idiot i am, i bought a MOTU 896hd instead of a MOTU 896mk3 because everytime i typed in HD it came up as the...

RARStudios
replies: 6 views: 11,307
nick-the-sax 2nd February 2009

Anyone live in the North Shore of Massachusetts or New Hampshire Seacoast? I need to borrow a AKG 451 to test run a AKG ck4...

tgakidis
replies: 0 views: 469
tgakidis 2nd February 2009

Help. I'm currently working on two projects. 1 a new album buy a live dance rock band (think tv on the radio/soulwax/LCD...

In Dust We Trust
replies: 0 views: 1,119
In Dust We Trust 2nd February 2009

has anyone tried running a stereo mix through a pair of MA5's?? i'm curious how the results would sound. i was hoping to find...

RoyJeeBiv
replies: 5 views: 1,055
RoyJeeBiv 2nd February 2009

moving from the m-audio 410 to RME fireface was one of the best moves i ever made. however a friend recently bought a laptop that...

Spec
replies: 0 views: 786
Spec 2nd February 2009

Before I buy a new imac I want to check they have the TI and not the agere that I keep reading about.. thanks, Michael

SOLOIST101
replies: 3 views: 851
Audiop 2nd February 2009

My girlfriend wants to be able to carry her sound from room to room. There are a squillion Ipod docking stations with speakers,...

Djembe
replies: 1 views: 715
Djembe 2nd February 2009

What do you guys reccomend for a nice pop/R&B distortion effect on a vocal. I had been using guitar rig but seen as that...

Realziment
replies: 14 views: 1,041
Jackie Moon 2nd February 2009

i was just wondering about Violet mics.. are they any good? how do they rate against companies like BLUE / Earthworks /...

nick-the-sax
replies: 4 views: 1,403
PureAudiouk 2nd February 2009

city and color- love don't live here anymore (rose royce cover) b_1bsD-ueUc can't tell what the mic on the guitar is. but...

eor
replies: 4 views: 784
Wally 2nd February 2009

Alright forum members I need a little advice here. I've been on the other side of the glass most my life but am now looking to...

Parks044
replies: 2 views: 544
Parks044 2nd February 2009

I'm buying a JCM 800 2205 tomorrow. I know a lot of old school Marshall fans don't like the 2205/2210 vs 2203/2204 but they are...

Touji-za-nai
replies: 0 views: 868
Touji-za-nai 2nd February 2009

Greetings! I’m brand new to the gear game and in desperate need of help! I’m a grad student working with old...

DreamofOrcas
replies: 20 views: 1,145
Proggm 2nd February 2009

Guys what are your thoughts on the MD421? Why do people swear it compliments the sm57 on cabs? I borrowed one for this weekend...

shadyru
replies: 21 views: 2,001
Sydney 2nd February 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search