The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I am a magnet for cheap Akai consumer reel-to-reels... what is needed to do to turn one of these into a Frippertronics......

QuinnS
replies: 3 views: 3,477
dbbubba 10th February 2009

Ok so i'm selling my Korg Triton Extreme because I realized it was only being used as an expensive midi controller gooof. And...

roderick
replies: 2 views: 803
roderick 10th February 2009

Mix width

Why do commercial recordings have much more width than home recordings? Suffice it to say with the advent of digital media,...

mr. torture
replies: 73 views: 5,400
xhavepatiencex 10th February 2009

hey, recorded a acoustic guitar vocal track. now i got some crazy thing going on,in the mix i sended all GUITAR mic tracks...

ZEBRAAA
replies: 17 views: 1,079
ZEBRAAA 10th February 2009

hiiiii, Im looking on internet for this king of plug, I need it for a pedal board, and I dunno how to find them, everything is...

analogica
replies: 0 views: 585
analogica 10th February 2009

Anyone know if there's anything interesting for covering a couple empty slots in a lunchbox? Anything beside a plain black cover?

tropicalhotdog
replies: 5 views: 714
SK1 10th February 2009

Too bad I'm no longer in the interface market. But a year ago I was looking for a cool way to integrate my outboard gear into my...

avanturb
replies: 3 views: 870
redroom 10th February 2009

So my Beta 52 had been rotting away in a box for about 2 years. It didn't work, but with the help of a flathead, elbow grease,...

hovachek
replies: 3 views: 942
fhames 9th February 2009

My list so far... just to show my lack of imagination shiee: Howling wolves Crickets Owls nightingales - I thought...

Blast9
replies: 16 views: 851
2deep2112 9th February 2009

Ok so i had this in another topic before i nailed it down to the soundcard. So my problem is, i have reformatted comp twice...

Realziment
replies: 5 views: 661
Realziment 9th February 2009

I see around a lot of debate between old gear and new gear, ITB vs. OTB, real tools vs. plugins. But i think that the key to...

nandi
replies: 3 views: 480
steveschizoid 9th February 2009

I don't own an iphone but if I did I would get this: Sonoma Wire Works - FourTrack iPhone App Its a fourtracker for an Iphone...

firby
replies: 4 views: 797
thermos 9th February 2009

I know we all have our opinions on it, just thought everyone might want a read... Auto-Tune: Why Pop Music Sounds Perfect --...

chuchurocka
replies: 1 views: 635
t_d 9th February 2009

It originally came with and used two 16ohm 10 inch speaker cab/speakers. When i got it, it only had 1 cab. By only using 1 cab at...

filthyrich
replies: 0 views: 1,340
filthyrich 9th February 2009

Ok. My Esp eclipse II is need of a serious case. The ESP ec style cases are suddenly coming out with strange smells and faulty...

IofHorus
replies: 0 views: 871
IofHorus 9th February 2009

I'm going to be setting up my first patchbay and have a question for you guys. I have an old m8 channel mixer... 4 channels have...

Beneficial
replies: 2 views: 2,217
kafka 9th February 2009

Hello. Ok so I´m tracking drums for a few songs on PT LE 7.4. Once I had the tracks up on the first session, all IO assigned,...

Anselmo
replies: 10 views: 4,670
Waltz Mastering 9th February 2009

Why do so many studios look like hospital operating theatres ? When most musicians who use them are scruffy, smelly and have...

gurubuzz
replies: 68 views: 11,998
AntillesSound 9th February 2009

How is the internal speaker on a vox ac15cc connected? My hot rod deluxe has a 1/4" wired to the speaker. It makes it...

filthyrich
replies: 1 views: 551
cavern 9th February 2009

So, I have the Apogee converters so I am looking to buy as little of the digi hardware as possible. What would it cost to get...

Jeff16years
replies: 3 views: 652
Deleted User 9th February 2009

I am looking to get some ridiculously deep low-end, like the kind The Flaming Lips have in the song "A Spoonful Weighs A...

skwrks
replies: 0 views: 1,166
skwrks 9th February 2009

Has anyone tried this chain? I'm going to be recording basically everything with the RNP, and I'm wondering if the C1/RNP chain...

Mr.Noobyman
replies: 2 views: 757
GordZilla 9th February 2009

Can anyone point me to two tracks, one that sounds like it was recorded through pristine/clean mic preamps, and one that is...

hduncan
replies: 0 views: 594
hduncan 9th February 2009

Anyone every have white noise start appearing in their control room section of a control 24? Its doesn't show up every where on...

JGILL
replies: 8 views: 1,325
huarez 9th February 2009

I've looked for a thread like this but haven't found anything so here goes. I'm curious about your favorite off-brand, esoteric,...

azirkin
replies: 26 views: 4,091
oldgearguy 9th February 2009

I'm wanting to mix in cubase. Didn't know if anybody out there was doing this successfully. Is there a way to export it out of...

Johnkenn
replies: 12 views: 856
[email protected] 9th February 2009

Why Pop Music Sounds Perfect - TIME

underworld
replies: 33 views: 2,249
Larry Crane 9th February 2009

Hello gearslutz, A friend of mine is looking into buying a cheap studio quality microphone and he's asking me for help. The...

zaporzan
replies: 5 views: 646
tINY 9th February 2009

Hey folks, I know I ought to head to a wurlitzer forum, but I wanted to know if any of you guys have experience with the 214...

jonsays
replies: 1 views: 2,631
corworld 9th February 2009

Hello, first post from a 19 year old Brit. i could get a new pair of hs50m's for the same price of second-hand msp5...

mole-man
replies: 1 views: 12,305
jondoe1972 9th February 2009

Hey- I don't know if anyone saw the good news post on this site but here it is. We at New York Brass have been working hard on...

sweeterstudios
replies: 0 views: 512
sweeterstudios 9th February 2009

Thinking it would be fun if some of us got together, combined talents and created a compilation Gearslutz CD (or CD's!). For...

chessparov
replies: 24 views: 1,506
opentune 9th February 2009

I just bought a Bryston 4B. I want to use it with my digi 002 and NS10s. This is a pretty newbie question, but how do I make...

brownj24
replies: 3 views: 762
brownj24 9th February 2009

Im going to close off my corner for a vox. My room is 20x20ft and it serves as my control room as well so I obviously wont be...

skiroy
replies: 24 views: 2,776
skiroy 9th February 2009

Hello All: Well for the last month I've been reading/ searching the boards and I'm more confused now then before :) Here's...

synthtek
replies: 4 views: 667
kooz 9th February 2009

Could anybody tell me where I can get good Sitar Samples for Kontakt thx a lot pete

pete
replies: 2 views: 5,514
Sonhouse 9th February 2009

I just finished watching the grammys. Did anyone watch the Allison Kraus Robert Plant performance? On the kick drum there was a...

IonicBreed
replies: 4 views: 1,881
rdc333 9th February 2009

Hello Guys ! I want to find out when my Sennheiser MD441-u has been produced. Is there a way to know ? I know it's old :...

passdesj
replies: 2 views: 1,556
psycho_monkey 9th February 2009

Hey Slutz I got a gig at a venue that is way more ethnic that what I normally play at, and they love their tangos, and latin...

celebritymusic
replies: 0 views: 1,053
celebritymusic 9th February 2009

a mixing console desk fitted specifically for the Digidesign 003 control surface? I know Argosy has a bunch of desks for other...

Gtr917punk
replies: 6 views: 687
*iIIiCit* 9th February 2009

Hey. I'm recording a metal band atm. And the lead singer seems to be singing to much of soft pop. So he dosen't have that rough...

Mixbuster
replies: 35 views: 5,644
Chaellus 9th February 2009

I've got an 828mk3 as my main I/O, and an M-Box 2 Pro that's hooked up to the 828 with S/PDIF (Essentially just using the M-Box...

akindy
replies: 6 views: 1,145
spitfire8898 9th February 2009

ProgramEq.com He's got the faceplate right, and the price is not bad. I'm curious that it's solid state and transformerless....

3rd&4thT
replies: 6 views: 1,410
Empire Prod 9th February 2009

I played through one of these a few months ago was very impressed, I was wondering who is using these to record in the studio,...

steelyfan
replies: 33 views: 8,030
gorillainthemix 9th February 2009

looking for a product along the lines of the mackie bigknob, some sort of line switch? my new digi asio drivers arent being...

rhythmtech
replies: 12 views: 1,032
close/far 9th February 2009

I'm working with my V-Drums and a 2.16GHz mac book pro with 2GB of RAM. I'm doing fine with latency when I play alone but when...

pirco
replies: 0 views: 1,525
pirco 9th February 2009

Hey Slutz I do hip hop and pop rock vocal recording. I have a modest setup (check the sig). I am looking to upgrade my Vocal...

jkung
replies: 31 views: 3,089
jkung 9th February 2009

Anybody have some info on techniques or what equipment was used on the album? Im blown away with the tones on it?kfhkh Especially...

platypipros
replies: 13 views: 2,692
nlc201 9th February 2009

I listen to 70's reggae. I love the rhythms. The spring reverbs and tape delays and the soft pillowy drums and the big deep bass...

Roman
replies: 7 views: 3,141
TonyBelmont 9th February 2009

Hi folks. For a small home studio is it worth getting a stereo mix buss compressor? I really want to start learning hardware...

Milesy303
replies: 27 views: 3,445
dandeurloo 9th February 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search