The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey i just started researching a studio setup that i would love to someday own and have been having trouble figuring out how to...

kylef
replies: 12 views: 785
Smithcok 26th February 2009

Checking to see what others are using for OH mics over the drums. Smooth but detailed. Warm but not dull. Detailed but not...

rockyroad
replies: 78 views: 6,791
pianokeys 26th February 2009

I have a td 20 and a vh-12 right now. I am using steven slate 3 and superior 2 as my main vsti's and honestly only use my...

shadyru
replies: 6 views: 756
ryangeller 26th February 2009

I've read somewhere that 1272 was adapted from a line-in gain module and only later bacame widely used as a mic pre. Is that...

zix
replies: 16 views: 1,097
kittonian 26th February 2009

When I choose to subscribe to a thread with instant email notification, it no longer sends an email when someone adds to the...

Jax
replies: 3 views: 601
James_Avery 26th February 2009

Hello there gentlemen. I'm about to start mixing a record and the client requested a 'Stadium Arcadium' type sound. I used to...

FreshSkweez
replies: 4 views: 784
FreshSkweez 26th February 2009

Hey everyone. I've been searching for info and I can't get too much feedback. I really really need your guy's advise. Is the...

JohnBobAudio
replies: 14 views: 2,708
Phrygian 26th February 2009

Howdy. Anyone got any advice on how to really zero in (and ideally, NAIL) the proper frequency balance of a mix? I've got this...

jahtao
replies: 7 views: 1,083
engmix 26th February 2009

Hi there, I've modded 2 460s with NOS 6072a tubes and Cinemag 2480 trannies and they were working fine. The other day I went...

fragilo
replies: 6 views: 911
close/far 25th February 2009

I wanted to post this, cause since I'm in the finishing stage of the tracking I would like to bounce the drums to wavs, and so to...

Alonso
replies: 1 views: 721
rack gear 25th February 2009

Hi Guys / Gals, I'm looking to purchase my first synth and have done some pretty exhaustive reading + watched a fair few demo...

primemeat64
replies: 7 views: 1,552
primemeat64 25th February 2009

Sorry for being a little off topic, but I'm in a pinch. I'm looking for an erase head for an Otari MX-80 24trk if anyone knows of...

mhartung
replies: 0 views: 515
mhartung 25th February 2009

I did a search that wasn't quite clear and/or up to date (unless i was searching for the wrong thing; if so I apologize). I'm...

lanervoza
replies: 1 views: 492
ianbryn11 25th February 2009

Hi, I'm using OS X 10.4.9 and I tried to playback an .aif file with my Digi 002 the other day using Quicktime (7.5.5) and...

TheBSper
replies: 2 views: 887
TheBSper 25th February 2009

Hi, I am getting an m-audio Sputnik for my christmas to record various tracks on acoustic guitar and vocals. At the moment im...

skatefarmer
replies: 22 views: 3,255
Juan Carlos 25th February 2009

Just got it in. Looks good and the mic is bigger than expected. Hopefully this gal won't let me down. Will report tonight pacific...

youngmain
replies: 11 views: 1,440
youngmain 25th February 2009

Hi guys, I am currently running my ns-10ms through a bryston 4bst amp and i just purchased a pair of auratones 5c. Was...

Kip
replies: 23 views: 4,236
gigipiscitelli 25th February 2009

Hi guys-- I'm working on a refit of a post facility's mix room, and they'll need a new channel strip for VO recording. Right...

sailor
replies: 12 views: 2,824
kittonian 25th February 2009

AKG C414b-ULS Have used it for a room mic and have gotten great results. Tried it with multiple singers, and it just...

awakened
replies: 14 views: 926
drundall 25th February 2009

Hi there all! I've played keys for some time, but I'm a newb to live playing. I recently started playing in a pretty minimalist...

Franz Schiller
replies: 24 views: 1,699
jproc 25th February 2009

Been using PT8 and EA, love it overall but I have a couple questions. Occasionally, I get a glitch. What's funny is if I roll...

eclectic
replies: 2 views: 762
Azimuth 25th February 2009
replies: 5 views: 752
White Falcon 25th February 2009

Hi there, I can get hold of an old tascam 424 mkII portastudio from a friend of mine. When people say: record to tape, do...

nicolasmasset
replies: 9 views: 12,496
redroom 25th February 2009

With the way our world works and the way business goes... is there any chance of buyouts and mergers that could result in fewer...

R3altruth
replies: 7 views: 773
R3altruth 25th February 2009

Few questions, I could use your guys help... 1. Is the new version of AT "Evo" really getting it close to the...

Dirty Halo
replies: 35 views: 10,145
yuka42 25th February 2009

I say 'outboard' not to denote a non console piece of gear, but to exclude things like mics and speakers. What is used most?...

hey_mavis
replies: 2 views: 508
Batchainpuller78 25th February 2009

Hi all, I currently have a DAW setup based on Logic 8, Motu MK2 (firewire) and stereo output active monitors connected with...

rofus
replies: 2 views: 515
Mike Brown 25th February 2009

Hi , I have Genelecs 8040 and I don´t like the way most of the albums of the last decade sound on them. I love the way old...

espasonico
replies: 4 views: 641
aflon-telom 25th February 2009

there is a radio station here in tobago west indies that has a half inch tape machine that I MIGHT be able to buy (im quite sure...

hey_mavis
replies: 2 views: 563
kbshearer 25th February 2009

Hey there slutz, I recently got a console and I am wondering what advice you all have for cabling. If it really isn't...

swaff
replies: 3 views: 507
Terry McInturff 25th February 2009

Google Translate Alert The reason I wrote "victim", is because I believe it's truly a tragedy that such a beautiful...

gorillainthemix
replies: 1 views: 678
gorillainthemix 25th February 2009

hi, im in the market for an interface upgrade with more analog inputs and i am stuck as what to do so any help would be great,...

stoneagejim
replies: 1 views: 613
tINY 25th February 2009

I just received Sennheiser HD 600 headphones and wondering which amp could drive them well for the money. My budget is about 200...

hpp
replies: 5 views: 1,106
tINY 25th February 2009

What mic or mic do you think would work for metal guitar? I got theseheh (1) Blue Dragonfly (1) AKG D112 (2) Studio...

bgomez15
replies: 13 views: 2,267
M.S.P. 25th February 2009

So is ANYONE using these at all? Welcome to Fostex USA if so what do they sound like? Good...bad...otherwise?? Any...

marcz
replies: 5 views: 3,730
warhead 25th February 2009

Hi, Would it be possible to mod a toft ATB, and get some nice neve type transformes in there? Say, in about 4 channels, not...

TOFT
replies: 3 views: 5,138
TAVD 25th February 2009

Hi, I demoed the UAD precision buss compressor recently and really liked what it did to the sound when I strapped it to the...

dzara 4
replies: 3 views: 843
mdoelger 25th February 2009

so now the dust has settled i am wondering which one people are going for? There was a lot of buzz about CSP but there seems to...

rhythmmaster
replies: 6 views: 1,164
bleen 25th February 2009

How can I know that Neumann mic was produced in which year? Where to look? and... which period is the best ? Any recommendation?...

kbjazzman
replies: 3 views: 1,327
insomnio 25th February 2009

Hey guys, I need a flagship vocal mic. Our mic locker is as follows... AT4047 c414-BULS (2) josephson e22s c451e...

deneris
replies: 75 views: 7,234
SeanG 25th February 2009

Well- one upside is that for some major purchases you get em really reduced. I just bought a Yamaha C3a 1989, at half price...

asagaai
replies: 3 views: 655
Jimbo 25th February 2009

I know that this is a but of a pipe dream though I thought I would ask anyway: Does anybody know ANYTHING about the recording...

Neukoln
replies: 27 views: 4,248
drycounty 25th February 2009

I'm looking for suggestions on some of the newer heavy rock producers, so I can listen to their work? Who's your top 3 favorite...

ppewaltzw
replies: 2 views: 620
andychamp 25th February 2009

with the ever increasing internet connection speed and also the increasing size of portable music players (32GB and higher beeing...

Jorg
replies: 119 views: 5,376
Thysta 25th February 2009

OK so I am getting some new reading glasses.. and I think I might have another go at wearing vari-focals (change from reading to...

Jules
replies: 28 views: 3,267
dubrichie 25th February 2009

Hey. I'm running Mackie 24/8 ONYX, into a MOTU 24/8mk3 - tracking bands in a big space. I need 24 i/o but only 16 good pres...

FirstLoveStudio
replies: 4 views: 615
Dimes 25th February 2009

I am contemplating buying a midi drum kit but am not sure what to go for. At the moment the range from Alesis (click here) seems...

Digital Send
replies: 8 views: 1,307
Magellin 25th February 2009

After much research and thought, I was set on getting an SSL Duende but have recently gained interest in the Flux Full Pack. They...

eclectic
replies: 2 views: 855
paperplanepilot 25th February 2009

I know the Record Plant used an 8-track Scully 280 to record Electric Ladyland, although I had heard that some of the drum tracks...

1967 Sound Lab
replies: 2 views: 2,201
Jimbo 25th February 2009

I am plaing to start recording dry so I can reamp. If I have a DI box, do I need to also run it through a preamp, or can I just...

Chris69
replies: 1 views: 677
rackdude 25th February 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search