The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi everybody. Just wanted to toot our own horns here. Carrie, my partner, is now #1 on IndieMusic.com in the experimental charts...

henge
replies: 5 views: 759
henge 17th March 2009

I am tracking drums using the four mic Glyn Johns method. I have an API 2550, Joe Meek 3Q, a Presonus Tube Pre, and the M-Audio...

babydaddymusic
replies: 3 views: 599
kafka 16th March 2009

Trying to understand that if I compress something at 12-1 that the audio is being compressed 3 times as much as 4-1 is that right?

keano
replies: 9 views: 630
Shane Michael Rose 16th March 2009

Can someone kindly explain how to go about using a hardware compressor on the 2 buss of Pro Tools by using it as a Hardware...

rockyroad
replies: 2 views: 1,710
kittonian 16th March 2009

Hey guys, I tried searching the forum but couldn't quite get the answer I was looking for. Basically I'm using a ProTools ICON...

ShaneMQ
replies: 7 views: 1,358
Space Station 16th March 2009

Just wondering, because this will condition my way of working and buying gear. How many times will you bounce a track OTB for...

2deep2112
replies: 22 views: 3,135
tribeofenki 16th March 2009

edit: Deleted and moved to Low End Theory.

badmoon
replies: 0 views: 495
badmoon 16th March 2009

I have been hearing about using multiple compressors inline with each other. Is this a vocal trick or can you guys share some...

skiroy
replies: 14 views: 6,260
jensenmann 16th March 2009

First of all, i cant find any info on exactly what all the data on the "System Usage" screen means. Is there a specific...

imloggedin
replies: 6 views: 1,633
telejustin 16th March 2009

My traps have 1x2 cross members on the back to brace the frame. But when installing them into a corner they do not sit flush on...

skiroy
replies: 11 views: 718
tINY 16th March 2009

i found some info on this here and there but how bad is it to have the monitors on their side? if i place mine vertically the...

polf
replies: 20 views: 3,697
Cameron Johnson 16th March 2009

Hi every body its my first tread i didint find unfortunatelly what iwas looking for tvhis tiem on forums ;( so maybe and probably...

pascalray
replies: 0 views: 1,846
pascalray 16th March 2009

Well I can see the yellow owens through my burlap so I had the idea of doubling up on the burlap. This covers the yellow and it...

skiroy
replies: 2 views: 1,225
Ethan Winer 16th March 2009

I just picked up a pair of (dirt cheap) used Yamaha MSP3 monitors as secondaries to my JBL 4328's, which sit on Onstage monitor...

tropicalhotdog
replies: 0 views: 468
tropicalhotdog 16th March 2009

I have 2 Dapro U87 clones that have a 100k HPF roll off switch. Use them or lose them? EDIT: Ok obviously I meant 100hz HPF hidz

mbradzick
replies: 5 views: 1,222
awakened 16th March 2009

im in sandiego, and I have a vox ac30 from early 90's. its a 30th anniversary special. best vox ive heard. 2 volume pots got...

jonnymac
replies: 10 views: 3,120
Paul H. 16th March 2009

Ok, so you're recording bass guitar via DI. The bass is an active bass. Do you: a) Use the pots on the bass to get close and...

NWSooner
replies: 9 views: 1,367
RCM - Ronan 16th March 2009

I have a great Raindirk Symphony console, but I don't have flying faders. I'm looking for something that I can use to control the...

mrguitarguy
replies: 5 views: 5,274
blugup 16th March 2009

Ok, so its not like im getting a major endorsement from one of the big guys in the league. But should I still take it. I dont...

CISUM
replies: 18 views: 1,857
awakened 16th March 2009

What's the difference between a C37 FET and a C38B? I have my FET in for reskinning at Peluso currently, and there's a C38B in...

atavacron
replies: 3 views: 3,436
Dan Kennedy 16th March 2009

I will be ordering my new U.A 6176, and I have been reading about changing out the stock tubes. My question is, the 6176 comes...

lo80lex
replies: 8 views: 1,057
lo80lex 16th March 2009

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of a problem with a tube screamer (from back in the 80s!) I'm using when reamping some DI guitar...

AEL89
replies: 0 views: 1,097
AEL89 16th March 2009

Will be used primarily for live shows. Here's what I want: --76 keys is ideal --Keys that are weighted or semi-weighted (I...

Jackie Treehorn
replies: 12 views: 6,212
Pasta4lnch 16th March 2009

Phil J Out-Takes on Vimeo

A-List
replies: 13 views: 973
mejon 16th March 2009

Could it be that because we already now are 25 years into lot's of sampled music and machines and an industry which is working...

Batchainpuller78
replies: 3 views: 590
theblue1 16th March 2009

A good friend of mine is doing video work and needs to get some preamps so that he can setup some mics and run decent quality...

Beneficial
replies: 0 views: 652
Beneficial 16th March 2009

It would be a much more valuable resourse than it is now! Seriously - we talk and talk about gear and everything else, and when...

jimcroisdale
replies: 26 views: 1,445
Peacock 16th March 2009

worth keeping? or should i just sell it? im think maybe sell it just cause im mainly recording. but i dont know. came across it...

jamoriello
replies: 2 views: 1,770
jamoriello 16th March 2009

I have a mixer with 4 line inputs and 4 hi-z inputs. If I buy 4 passive DI boxes I believe that will allow me to run a total of 8...

Beneficial
replies: 3 views: 673
Beneficial 16th March 2009

Does anyone have any experience with Rolls gear they would like to share? I was thinking of this to be a mobile battery powered...

rackdude
replies: 1 views: 869
rackdude 16th March 2009

Does anyone know of some good mobile phone audio geeky applications.. particularly an RTA.. just got a blackberry and i'm...

tomeford
replies: 0 views: 1,262
tomeford 16th March 2009

I'm going to be spending some time in Linz, Austria this year and I have a couple of questions. I'd appreciate any...

GWriterZ
replies: 1 views: 1,781
GWriterZ 16th March 2009

Want to put a inline duct fan in my attic to suck hot equipment air from my control room. Im going to have a plenum inline...

skiroy
replies: 11 views: 2,296
mmcfarlane 16th March 2009

It all happened when I installed Mac OS X v10.5.6 Leopard Combo Update, I was previously using Mac OS X v10.4.9 Tiger Combo...

huh?
replies: 4 views: 738
huh? 16th March 2009

So I read all about the insides of different pieces of gear... but lets focus on pre-amps for now... I have a basic knowledge...

NeilEngle
replies: 4 views: 604
close/far 16th March 2009

I'm running ProTools 7.4on a firewire 002. The midi playback is sometimes like a trainwreck. It feels as notes perfectly grided...

fixitinthemix
replies: 5 views: 933
Jonstudio 16th March 2009

Will Leds spot lights cause a hum in a vox booth?

skiroy
replies: 2 views: 582
tINY 16th March 2009

Guys, I can't tell you how much trouble I have had with the AKG's! The construction of the headphone frames at the adjustment...

Mad John
replies: 8 views: 841
desotoslo 16th March 2009

Set the mid eq at +2 and crank output volume on the speakers to -10. Load those speakers. Listen thru a few commercial...

demel
replies: 0 views: 1,341
demel 16th March 2009

Howdy everyone, first post, I searched but no luck. I am window shopping for an 8 channel rack mount preamp for Ribbon Mics. I...

Junkyardslug
replies: 3 views: 629
Slikjmuzik 16th March 2009

love that harp >>> mic >>> amp sound. What's that the predominant overdive element - is it a low powered...

Blast9
replies: 3 views: 1,154
jbg08 16th March 2009

I've run into a fair number of musicians/engineers that have a fervent admiration...damn! almost militant love for 2" tape....

Jamz
replies: 352 views: 14,002
kbshearer 16th March 2009

Hey. I'll go directly. If I put a microphone in the room beside the drum room, assume it will only be 1 due to inputs. If I copy...

Mixbuster
replies: 9 views: 1,152
joeq 16th March 2009

Massa Laboratories M-114 Preamp / M-185 Amplifier I am looking for a schematic... I have contacted Massa Products Corp... LOTS...

little cyress
replies: 0 views: 762
little cyress 16th March 2009

Would it be a good idea to get a THD hotplate for a 5w Fender Champ, it gets pretty loud when cranked. I ask because I see...

ixelion
replies: 1 views: 766
Dean Roddey 15th March 2009

Hello, I have a quick question for all you Toft ATB users. I'm wondering about the submaster monitor section and the 'tape'...

electropoet
replies: 8 views: 2,672
electropoet 15th March 2009

We are looking at picking up a used HD1 PCIe rig and and then adding a UAD2-Quad card as our primary plug in solution. computer...

WJurgens
replies: 2 views: 661
WJurgens 15th March 2009

My quest over the last 2 years has been to record excellent vocals in my facility. There is soundproofing. My chain consists...

antoniosolo
replies: 10 views: 709
antoniosolo 15th March 2009

Hey Slutz, I'm in the market for new overhead mics for my drums. I've done a lot of sessions with Rode NT5's (and even NT1-A's)...

ryangruss
replies: 20 views: 15,379
ryangruss 15th March 2009

I am looking for a manual for the Valley pople Dynamite. I just landed the older model that is in a lunchbox of sorts. A...

trevort
replies: 2 views: 665
trevort 15th March 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search