The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Tonight I'm recording a group of 8 percussionists playing flexible pipe - something along the lines of the thickness of a vacuum...

richiebee
replies: 1 views: 437
warhead 9th April 2009

In the past, engineers have been confident moving between high-end studios partly because of the ubiquity of the NS10 but is that...

dangoudie
replies: 0 views: 472
dangoudie 9th April 2009

How do you all deal with uneven levels when doing multiple vocal comps? I will do a take, then the vocalist will want to do...

hduncan
replies: 11 views: 2,049
warhead 9th April 2009

I am trying to find reasons to keep my Apogee Duet, which has given me some noise issues. The last two nights I tried something...

babydaddymusic
replies: 0 views: 488
babydaddymusic 9th April 2009

does anybody know what the little hook is for on the backside of the kore 2? Cant figure it out and it drives me crazyheh

Tomic
replies: 1 views: 500
Tomic 9th April 2009

I recently paid for a second-hand API 512c, Im waiting for it to arrive and it occured to me to ask a bit about its history, how...

Scott Cairns
replies: 2 views: 711
sevendaysoff 9th April 2009

My school has a 8x8x7 booth. I was wondering besides vocals if you had your choice between this booth a a HUGE room where would...

skiroy
replies: 1 views: 484
Karloff70 9th April 2009

I will use a laptop and I am looking for a small usb interface that has at least 3 dedicated outputs (2 for the playback and 1...

switch1
replies: 0 views: 1,868
switch1 9th April 2009

Anyone know anything about the recording of this album? Especially the vocal chain, the studio, engineer etc. (Edit) OK. I found...

Deleted User
replies: 0 views: 681
Deleted User 9th April 2009

I have had an M-Audio FW 1814 for a couple of years. I just purchased an Apogee Duet and had some issues with noises and pops,...

babydaddymusic
replies: 9 views: 814
kafka 9th April 2009

Hello , I purchased PT MP 8 ,but need to downgrade to 7.4.2 . . maybe stupid ,but i didnt find any info how to do it ...

sONIC_jUNKIE
replies: 3 views: 510
Hxd Ped 9th April 2009

... a vinyl cutter at a 'consumer' level? Such as the recently discountinued Vestax one, or the Kingston Dubplate Cutter that was...

BSMo
replies: 4 views: 5,968
BSMo 9th April 2009

I've been listening to that album quite a bit lately. The reverbs (and possibly room sounds in some cases) seem very prominent...

ltemma74
replies: 7 views: 5,724
speakercoil 9th April 2009

Hello :> Well I'm currently spending hideous amounts of money on a bunch of new gear, as part of my bold, righteous, and...

annikk.exe
replies: 17 views: 1,403
bradycases 9th April 2009

Hi, I need your help. I've been trying to find some ATA rack cases. Searching in Google or here is not working. The brand...

jpupo74
replies: 6 views: 659

Does anyone know where to find foam sheets for shock cases/padding equipment inside of a road case. Just sheets in a few...

nathanvacha
replies: 5 views: 9,657

I'm submitting songs in the pop-urban vein, but more to the pop side to pub houses, a&r's etc for possible placement. How...

Umlaaat
replies: 15 views: 1,279
The Private Room 9th April 2009

YouTube - VTC professional recording - Analog Recording pt1

matthewvandenham
replies: 2 views: 677
Black Dirt 9th April 2009

Many years ago, our studio needed a quick, inexpensive way to make interim discs burned for client review, look professional. We...

Byll
replies: 1 views: 731
The MPCist 9th April 2009

Kanyes an autotuned gayfish!!! LOLheh

mikymike
replies: 5 views: 790
Sky 9th April 2009

Just got a couple of mixes back from a rather famous local mixer here in Nashville. One of the songs was nearly perfect, the...

vodka gimli
replies: 2 views: 590
Steffmo 9th April 2009

Just listened to our lady peaces' Supermans Dead and forgot how kick ass those drums sound...busy and raw....love the room sound...

gearaddict
replies: 17 views: 1,731
PheelTheMusic 9th April 2009

There is a pretty sweet deal on a buzz audio potion compressor. I recently grabbed a buzz essence from the same seller which is...

Igotsoul4u
replies: 1 views: 824
AllAboutTone 9th April 2009

Some will tell you that the first recordings with purposeful reverb were made in Chicago by Bill Putnam in the late 1940's....

3rd&4thT
replies: 11 views: 854
DesertDawg 9th April 2009

I'm using Drumagog in DP to augment drums, and curious about a post made at the top of this page. Mayor999, or anyone else, can...

Richard Salino
replies: 8 views: 894
Richard Salino 9th April 2009

Sorry I've made so many posts regarding these 2 pieces lately. I promise this will be my last post about this. I've been beating...

filthyrich
replies: 8 views: 2,670
Benmrx 9th April 2009

It'd be cool to see what all the 500 series stuff looks like from the sides. There is a lot no one has seen yet. We'll ante...

NathanEldred
replies: 64 views: 10,288
Kronos147 9th April 2009

What do you guys think of this idea: *** Line only ATB, variable high pass filter(50-240hz), phase and a discrete master...

replies: 17 views: 1,734
Kronos147 9th April 2009

Hi, I have budget of $2K and look to improve my current setup DAW: Cubase 4 on Intel Quad Q6600 Audio interface: Tascam FW...

vanhaabe
replies: 1 views: 527
AnthonyRochester 9th April 2009

I need a plugin limiter to handle mix buss, drum buss, and vocals. I've heard and liked the Massey L2007 on various buss...

Tubthumper
replies: 6 views: 1,216
E Baxter Put 9th April 2009

hello, i've been searching through the GS posts trying to find something that'll suit me well ! i'm looking for a new pre,...

dominic hoenig
replies: 11 views: 804
2Loud 9th April 2009

Anyone had any first hand experience? If so,what's your opinion?

emkay
replies: 0 views: 564
emkay 9th April 2009

I think I just ruined my speakers. I have Dynaudio Acoustics BM6A and I accidentally created a loud feedback, which i turned...

Yagya
replies: 6 views: 1,054
rwhitney 9th April 2009

Hi, I can successfully slave one focusrite isa 428 to an external clock (using a motu 2408 mk ii as the source). When I try to...

rob morsberger
replies: 1 views: 486
rob morsberger 9th April 2009

When D.I'ing electric guitars and bass how many of you will still use a dedicated D.I box when an appropriate preamp is...

dialectic
replies: 21 views: 22,300
mrbobo 9th April 2009

Has anyone compared the sonic quality of MP3 files vs lossless file formats, like WAV, AIFF, SD2 when ripping from a CD?

matt f
replies: 4 views: 4,481
MarkRB 8th April 2009

I use a GR and Phoenix Pre and was wondering if, for effect, you clipped the pre could damage it? I can't imagine ever doing...

Sword in Hand
replies: 31 views: 9,498
keap 8th April 2009

Doing a session where the keyboard player insists on using her old (80's) Yamaha keyboard. I am recording the MIDI as well so I...

David R.
replies: 9 views: 1,033
uncle duncan 8th April 2009

This Studer mixer has a telephone in it. What's up with that?

Selidor
replies: 8 views: 1,749
joeq 8th April 2009

Hey all, Any recommendations for farfield monitors suitable for a fairly large room (20' X 35') that would be reminiscent of...

tedr
replies: 4 views: 1,402
tINY 8th April 2009

Hey there! I've got a line on one of the fender 63 reverb unit reissues. I've always wanted one for...vocals! abduction My...

thearnicasync
replies: 4 views: 492
thearnicasync 8th April 2009

What would you guys suggest for deeper male vocals recorded behind a medium volume drum set? I've tried 57's and 58's, with...

sosebeemusic
replies: 4 views: 1,654
Cameron Johnson 8th April 2009

I am thinking of getting an Avocet and I would like to use its DA along with my Rosetta 800. Would I just create an aggregate...

Synthnerd
replies: 2 views: 737
Synthnerd 8th April 2009

Hey guys, How do you guys check your mixes in mono when mixing in Pro Tools? Do you just insert a mono master fader? I wish...

BrandRecordingCo
replies: 14 views: 7,317
stuntbutt 8th April 2009

what happens when you run a unbalanced signal (from DUET_) to a balanced input from a monitor? Do I get a loss of sound power...

kincept
replies: 11 views: 8,393
dkelley 8th April 2009

Hi guy's, i just purchased an IMAC 20. I will be using LogicPro to make beats. I have a few racks and keyboards and an avalon...

synth
replies: 2 views: 530
synth 8th April 2009

Here is something I have been doing for years, but have never seen done elsewhere (I'm sure it's common though.) It’s...

Higgs
replies: 12 views: 2,139
Doc Mixwell 8th April 2009

I checked out the Oram DM16 at the Musikmesse in Germany. 16 channels of summing and it sounded great. I also took a look at the...

MattWilson1980
replies: 1 views: 1,012
redroom 8th April 2009

Hey everyone I'm going to be doing a recording for my sister soon who wants to record a song for her first dance at her wedding...

grobichaud
replies: 5 views: 2,131
Doc Mixwell 8th April 2009

I have a couple hundred 2" tapes to transfer into PT HD. All the connections are just fine and dandy. I really need to find...

aeroc
replies: 8 views: 2,675
Rick Sutton 8th April 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search