The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi! a friend let me use his Manley Vari Mu for few days. I am playing with the unit to try to understand its behaviour and...

zak7
replies: 2 views: 1,957
matucha 25th May 2009

Sorry I didn't post this in drums, but this is a good opportunity with a sense of urgency. I have a 4 piece set of Yamaha Stage...

filthyrich
replies: 2 views: 1,694
Everyman 25th May 2009

I've been mixing a few tracks for someone who is going for an electronic-abstract-1965 kind of sound. We had a discussion about...

Number 6
replies: 50 views: 3,239
Sky 25th May 2009

I was convinced that they were all feedforward until Andy Simper "The Glue" (SSL Bus comp plugin) told me that they are...

lordnielson
replies: 2 views: 1,131
Flying_Dutchman 25th May 2009

Need a limiter or compressor for my small setup. Help I need something to help me control my levels a bit more, and control my...

wakestyle
replies: 10 views: 1,290
wakestyle 25th May 2009

Here we come, Lord Stanley!! What kind of mics do the announcers use? (had to keep it gear related)

E.rOk.stA
replies: 17 views: 797
musicmatt 25th May 2009
replies: 1 views: 713
redrue 25th May 2009

I am planning on buying a patch bay. I have had a look at what is available at B and H photo video online store as they have a...

supersuper
replies: 3 views: 938
aussie_techie 25th May 2009

Hello. I have synced up my mpc to logic via midi. i'm succesful at having the mpc trigger a software instrument in logic but when...

kevinn10
replies: 0 views: 911
kevinn10 25th May 2009

I've been comtemplating buying a tape machine ever since I opened my new studio... I am a young guy(23), so i started making...

numrologst
replies: 59 views: 4,054
squidsquad 25th May 2009

Hi guys . I know maybe it's not the first thread about this aspect , but I personally think a good replacement would make a nice...

tonevision
replies: 23 views: 1,415
tonevision 25th May 2009

What's the screen behing Andy in this vid? Is it doing diffuser duties? ANyone know if that kind of thing is commercially...

badhorsie777
replies: 3 views: 812
DesertDawg 25th May 2009

i was thinking about what gear really makes a difference in your sound. i know that for a lot of project studio engineers, the...

arpodthegreat
replies: 49 views: 4,496
AllAboutTone 25th May 2009
Avatar for Jim Keaney @ Devotion Recording

I just noticed that when I open and play mastered files in protools, they sound overblown. I guess I never noticed it before...

Jim Keaney @ Devotion Recording
replies: 2 views: 652
Avatar for Jim Keaney @ Devotion Recording
Jim Keaney @ Devotion Recording 25th May 2009

Hi, This is sort of a general music question. Does backing music for a remix made solely with a midi keyboard and softsynths in...

musicguy7
replies: 36 views: 4,361
Brainchild 25th May 2009

Hey, I can't seem to get Dreamweaver CS4's server behaviors to connect to Godaddy's mysql database that comes free with the...

rackdude
replies: 3 views: 568
ambiguity 25th May 2009

I have a great friend and songwriting partner who presently lives in Ontario, CA and possibly wants to move to Vegas.... I am...

voicegenius
replies: 39 views: 2,141
voicegenius 25th May 2009

Hi! I recorded a few tracks of Electric Guitar today using a Marshall 1960 cab with a e906 close to the cab and the TLM49 as a...

Amund
replies: 1 views: 828
Tone Laborer 24th May 2009

Does one have to consider how a song is mixed when recording to vinyl or is that commonly a mastering issue to determine?

soupking
replies: 10 views: 2,557
theblue1 24th May 2009

Just bought 10 new CD's last week and took them on vacation and of everything Slipknot's 'All Hope Is Gone' is my favorite. What...

James Lugo
replies: 13 views: 1,780
ChaNce144 24th May 2009

has anyone ever tried one of these? i've seen the modded 'Wilgamat III' - but that looks much more synth-ie/80s, that the...

cedric
replies: 1 views: 4,305
gpiccolini 24th May 2009

was hoping for a little help just fired up a phoenix that i haven't used in a while and there is a nasty crackling sound coming...

Sniperschool
replies: 1 views: 1,173
mattsplace 24th May 2009

Hi! When you guys apply reverb from a send to channel that is panned or centered:HOW OFTEN DO YOU PAN THE REVERB...

meymia
replies: 13 views: 1,316
meymia 24th May 2009

Well, I finally got it. I decided to listen to some iTunes songs with my M-Audio FW 1814 before changing over to the Duet. I also...

babydaddymusic
replies: 27 views: 3,024
Groberts 24th May 2009

hello everyone! I just got my apogee duet yesterday and i am impressed by the sound quality although i am a little bummed out...

kevinn10
replies: 3 views: 1,025
Groberts 24th May 2009

Hello everybody, has any of you had the chance to compare those 2 SDC ? What specifities do they have compared to each other...

benhunk
replies: 1 views: 794
Groberts 24th May 2009

I'm trying to get my reverb usage skills together for drums. This would be for "modern pop/rock" style. What do you do...

tommyd123
replies: 7 views: 3,575
Clarence 24th May 2009

I've been searching the forum with no success. I have specific issues with a specific setup so I figured it was time to start a...

spaget
replies: 0 views: 869
spaget 24th May 2009

What's the diff between the older ones and the FET II? Anybody know? Thanks confoosed

brklynrecording
replies: 0 views: 549
brklynrecording 24th May 2009

Thought I would post this here to cuz alot of us use computers !! Anyone else have this problem? I cant download any...

RTR
replies: 3 views: 773
RTR 24th May 2009

I need to get an insurance policy that will cover my studio equipment against fire, theft etc. My studio is seperate from my...

Peacock
replies: 17 views: 2,474
DamnYankee 24th May 2009

I've been listening to a bit of Take That and Snow Patrol recently but I can't for the life of me see how they can change chords...

mat1
replies: 22 views: 1,511
Kenny M 24th May 2009

I record everything straight to tape, and admittedly I have some holes in my knowledge as to how to set a compressor to protect...

mikecorwin
replies: 2 views: 530
Drumsound 24th May 2009

I wouldn't mind micking it stereo... Here's my gear.... SM57 (2) Peluso P12 Marshall MXL condensers (2) - cheap...

rystro
replies: 22 views: 3,799
Drumsound 24th May 2009

LOOING FOR THE BEST CONSOLE FOR ROCK AND METAL FOR UNDER THE 5K MARK... SECOND HAND OR NEW.... TO RUN WITH NUENDO 3 howdy ...

smbaudio
replies: 50 views: 6,633
Bassmankr 24th May 2009

Looks like the last post on the Axe Trak was back in 2007. Some had complained about the boxiness of the sound when it comes to...

avntgrd
replies: 1 views: 569
avntgrd 24th May 2009

...both the history of the biz and the gear. Any recommendations? Cheers guys kfhkh

Recording David
replies: 5 views: 564
ianvargo 24th May 2009

Hey everyone, I have an extra Grace 801 pre and a visiting engineer over at the studio at which I work wants to trade me for a...

Supersolid
replies: 4 views: 657
Supersolid 24th May 2009

Okay Im having some issues with parralell comressing my drums aka NY compression. I have a question are you supposed to get your...

skiroy
replies: 32 views: 2,510
alcohol 24th May 2009

Hey peoples, I am on the verge or purchasing a sansamp psa-1 for the sole purpose of dirtying my drums, mixes and individual...

moogman1
replies: 6 views: 2,377
leaper 24th May 2009

I have two GDR-made Gefell MV691 Mics and five M94 capsules. Never dared to use them for serious recordings, but at home they...

MartinG
replies: 5 views: 3,473
MartinG 24th May 2009

Is there anything else you guys can recommend other than using a tape machine? I am trying to avoid bouncing from Logic and would...

usblink11
replies: 11 views: 1,254
lotus1 24th May 2009

Hi i was wondering if anyone has any practical advice on setting up my ax3000g digital guitar processor to my soundcard as an...

the_womb
replies: 16 views: 2,887
the_womb 24th May 2009

Ok one more thing im confused about regarding reverb send is this: most of the people here use 2 kinds of reverb (long and...

meymia
replies: 28 views: 1,266
John Eppstein 24th May 2009

With a desire to inject a jamming feel to my workflow, what do u think is gonna be a better investment. Ableton Live/Macbook and...

nyne
replies: 2 views: 660
nyne 24th May 2009

First of all , hello everybody. I'm sorry if this has been asked here but i don't have the time to search. So , my question is :...

Ginko
replies: 0 views: 602
Ginko 24th May 2009

I was searching craigslist, among other places, for studio ads and what they use for the promotion and I came across some really...

casey_outlaw
replies: 5 views: 799
MikeTSH 24th May 2009

Does anyone else here do their own off the wall stuff when they have downtime? When I have downtime (in this case I just had...

casey_outlaw
replies: 3 views: 635
maxpidge 24th May 2009

Ok maybe not explode (SLIGHT exaggeration) but I'll be damned if I didn't feel like my equilibrium was being affected. I got...

Mesa4x12er
replies: 25 views: 1,212
edwinhurwitz 24th May 2009

lots and lots of threads slam on the "best interface" or the "best preamp" or whatever else, but very few...

pleaseturtle
replies: 4 views: 591
henryrobinett 24th May 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search