The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hello people of GS, I searched the forum but couldn't get the right answer.. i'm currently working as a composer, and what i...

Keith_EFK
replies: 3 views: 636
Keith_EFK 3rd June 2009

...so my mother and godmother just called me with what they think is the greatest idea for a bridesmaid luncheon invitation...

Benlittlejohn
replies: 7 views: 675
Benlittlejohn 3rd June 2009

I know that the whole rock thing rules most threads around here, but for a change of pace some props has to be thrown by Raphael...

thethrillfactor
replies: 21 views: 1,849
Blast9 3rd June 2009

I finally got around to A/B'n the MC77 with the BF76. Yes, hardware vs. plugin, perish the thought. Now, what I use the plugin...

E.rOk.stA
replies: 89 views: 9,480
Karloff70 3rd June 2009

I was thinking about getting the Apogee Duet for like months, but then i read this. Looks pretty nasty. Anyone confirm this or...

Top_Shelf
replies: 9 views: 1,010
skatmatt 3rd June 2009

hey ppl my client is a leader of the band. i recorded a band, 5songs + overdubs (elec gituar/bass/vocals) during the recordings i...

ZEBRAAA
replies: 10 views: 1,016
ZEBRAAA 3rd June 2009

ive just got off the phone with a technician of a respected shop here and what he sad was very wierd to me, im soon closing a...

cosmos
replies: 4 views: 1,904
RobJB06 3rd June 2009

Hello, I've made some surround recordings and when mixing I usually make a downmix matrix (all in PT HD) as well. However, one...

JonesH
replies: 1 views: 1,578
arkmabat 3rd June 2009

I've got a surround sound control room with 3 JBL 6328p's across the front. They're only about 18mos old and still under...

TheSoundPalace
replies: 3 views: 1,499
TheSoundPalace 3rd June 2009

I am really glad to be a blu-ray owner and really dig the format, I happen to have a 10K projector and a 106" wide screen,...

AllAboutTone
replies: 1 views: 519
awakened 3rd June 2009

Please let me know which sub you have good experience with. (sub + s3a.) 8`, 10`or 12`? My room is very tight. On low volume /...

HonkyTonk
replies: 8 views: 1,845
HonkyTonk 3rd June 2009

I'm trying to figure out where people make most of their money now since the music industry is in the ...

voicegenius
replies: 16 views: 778
usefullidiot 3rd June 2009

I've been thinking about purchasing some type of headphone distribution... Im running Pro Tools HD with 16 ins and outs. As of...

PVAUDIO
replies: 5 views: 1,596
Musiclab 3rd June 2009

Hi, I have this Groove Tubes MD1B Tube. I really like it but the sibilance for female vocalist drives me nutz. Any...

zak7
replies: 4 views: 1,453
unfadeable 3rd June 2009

Hi all I have a 16 in/out interface hooked up with our xmon, the default is that 9 - 16 are used for cue when tracking and thats...

DCommand
replies: 1 views: 618
Mike Brown 3rd June 2009

Hi folks, A few gear-loving friends and I would really like to do a shootout of either the Korg MR1000 or MR2000 DSD recorders...

BradM
replies: 7 views: 1,045
NoizyNinja 3rd June 2009

in your opinoin what are the best tape saturation vst's out there?

meymia
replies: 24 views: 8,007
3rdeyeKnight 3rd June 2009

Hey guys, anyone using this plug having this problem. This only happens when using the plugin as an audiosuite on a mono track. I...

Inca
replies: 0 views: 905
Inca 3rd June 2009

I'm trying to program a DriveRack but can't get the PC to connect via the serail connection on the unit. I am using a USB to...

tms8707056
replies: 0 views: 1,644
tms8707056 3rd June 2009

How good do you think the summing is in the D-Box? I have it, I use it, I like my mix's but am wondering if there's something...

Keith Moore
replies: 8 views: 2,344
AMIEL 2nd June 2009

Im dying to get the focusrite 56 to try the liquid pres..but im not sure should or would i better off spending my money on...

HOTC
replies: 0 views: 462
HOTC 2nd June 2009

Please help me with ADAT connection. I am going to use Aphex convertors and M-Audio ADAT bridge. The cable length is going to be...

Tony76
replies: 2 views: 580
Tony76 2nd June 2009

hello i'm an italian guy, i would like to find someone in europe with a studio where i can make some practice. i'm...

elan
replies: 1 views: 573
elan 2nd June 2009

Thinking of grabbing both! I only use the Pres from my interface which is an Apogee ensemble which is very usable but very...

Audio Child
replies: 0 views: 558
Audio Child 2nd June 2009

I know there's been about a hundred thousand posts on the Pearlman TM 1, but with all good reasons. Two weeks ago, Dave...

Dean Landon
replies: 1 views: 670
Toad 2nd June 2009

This track was recorded by a buddy of mine using only 1 mic for all tracks. It's easily the most hated mic on GS (wrongly imo)....

Recording David
replies: 22 views: 1,552
johndykstra 2nd June 2009

I've kept quiet about this for a few weeks. I knew it was coming but was asked to keep it quiet till it was out. Well the P501...

Mr Funk
replies: 7 views: 1,653
warhead 2nd June 2009

This is something I posted at TO without much luck - anyone? Thanks I have 6 of these - 2 for parts and 4 that should be back...

alkooloid
replies: 1 views: 1,300
1967 Sound Lab 2nd June 2009

This is probably simple, but I'd like to know before I spend the money on a kit. As of right now I use such samplers as EZ...

El-Roy
replies: 2 views: 676
El-Roy 2nd June 2009

Breaking news: A French scientist invented a recording device that etched a visual representation of sound on a flat surface....

ElMosca
replies: 0 views: 744
ElMosca 2nd June 2009

mmmyello, So about a year ago I released a 12 song album consisting of the first songs I ever really wrote. It was basically a...

BrandRecordingCo
replies: 1 views: 1,252
tommyd123 2nd June 2009

I know a crazy topic, but Im recording a school project and we were given "I just wanna be with you" by Hootie in the...

skiroy
replies: 29 views: 1,526
Chaellus 2nd June 2009

So I currently use a presonus firepod (the original version, not FP10) as my front end for recording. I have a JoeMeek SixQ in...

KickinPhresh
replies: 1 views: 1,588
hazelmossobrien 2nd June 2009

I want to plug L and R out from synths / mpc / drumcomputers into my stereo D.A.V. broadhurst gardens 1U. It's a stereo unit but...

decibike
replies: 1 views: 491
Teddy Ray 2nd June 2009

I'm wondering if anyone can fill me in on the basic history of Syteks. I'm looking at one from 2002, which apparently has Burr...

danbronson
replies: 3 views: 748
warhead 2nd June 2009

when i change over from the d32xd to a laptop and m-powered protools, should i even bother using my old guitar pod for electric...

kingdice86
replies: 1 views: 579
deeper 2nd June 2009

Why dont we use LDC mics for Stage applications? Simple question, but It occured to me that while mics like c1000 are very...

Alex Specht
replies: 4 views: 696
deeper 2nd June 2009

Have you guys tried any different ones in yours? Thanks

Deleted User
replies: 4 views: 639
JSG 2nd June 2009

I love the MA5, want to find the right comp for it. thinking about the chandler ittle devil coming soon shipping or the inward...

ChaosCreation
replies: 5 views: 646
warhead 2nd June 2009

No BS. This is in my opinion a perfect recording. I have it on vinyl, have played it to friends who have then gone out to buy a...

steelyfan
replies: 42 views: 3,825
PlugHead 2nd June 2009

I'm talking indie artists doing it all themselves... are there any examples of indies that have done this? Like.. really done...

Mr.Noobyman
replies: 27 views: 1,900
planet red 2nd June 2009

Hello, I am looking at adding a Faderport to my studio and have a question. If I had say 32 tracks of audio in my DAW and...

ckett
replies: 3 views: 702
gundam 2nd June 2009

I feel the need of a patchbay, mostly because I want to start using my outboard when mixing ITB (as hardware inserts or bouncing...

magibatalla
replies: 7 views: 3,233
echoclerk 2nd June 2009

Has anyone used this? I am tired of trying to turn knobs on my plug-ins with a mouse! Does anyone know if you click on a...

stentor
replies: 0 views: 1,290
stentor 2nd June 2009

Hi which Plug In do you think sounds better? Aphex or BBE I may need to buy a plug in to use it occassionaly to give a touch of...

zak7
replies: 1 views: 781
Mr.Noobyman 2nd June 2009

Where can I get a reasonable priced ORTF bar with 110 degrees marked on it? I know there was a similar thread some years ago,...

AB3
replies: 2 views: 939
John Willett 2nd June 2009

I wanted to share my new found technique - maybe everyone does this but I hadn't worked it out until recently... Its a bit like...

FirstLoveStudio
replies: 4 views: 1,227
AnthonyRochester 2nd June 2009

Anyone come across a plugin EQ that links to pitch detection? So that the frequency effected was tied to the pitch. This would...

FirstLoveStudio
replies: 3 views: 954
AnthonyRochester 2nd June 2009

So how does the Central Station D/A stackup to Apogees. I'm asking for people who've heard both pieces. Not someone who's read...

Ashofapheonix
replies: 2 views: 979
Ashofapheonix 2nd June 2009

thought it should be mentioned here ;) i googled: mic preamps and this link came up in the 1st page "comparison test...

gsilbers
replies: 5 views: 3,826
nick-the-sax 2nd June 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search