The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Just did a session 20 minutes ago-tracked great sax player on a blues number. Ran a M160 up close, about 9 foot back a Beez...

asagaai
replies: 5 views: 1,681
asagaai 13th June 2009

Hi Slutz..! I've recently been asked to record and mix a Reggae album for an acquaintance,whose original engineer was unable...

electroninja
replies: 49 views: 2,269
electroninja 13th June 2009

This has been discussed before....but I still need support. I have tried various support groups, I have tried hiding my...

Unclenny
replies: 32 views: 2,156
Old Goat 13th June 2009

I never really De-esse that much tho more recently Ive noticed the need to do it more..maybe there more esss in the tunes im...

HOTC
replies: 6 views: 1,889
HOTC 13th June 2009

What a shame that the original pictures are no longer accessible. Those who remember this thread will know why. I remember...

Hysteria
replies: 0 views: 502
Hysteria 13th June 2009

Hello i need an upright and slightly detuned piano virtual instrument for mac. this would perfectly do the job : Steinway...

hankdrummer
replies: 3 views: 1,959
hankdrummer 13th June 2009

Im moving to build a live setup for the purpose of: Deploying samples/electronic stuff/VI's on stage Keeping drummer in sync...

HarborCity
replies: 5 views: 641
travisbrown 13th June 2009

That is the funniest thing I have read in years. Seriously, my stomach hurts. Anyone else??

Infernal Device
replies: 8 views: 1,433
James Lehmann 13th June 2009

I don't have any clips on this computer to post, so I will try and explain my problems with the intent to post some stuff soon. I...

abell1234
replies: 28 views: 1,771
Kenny Gioia 13th June 2009

A 1 unit, LA2A style, hardware compressor, that sounded close to the original, with same controls, and VU for USD 1.500,-

rasmusbmusic
replies: 1 views: 498
rasmusbmusic 13th June 2009

I thought this might be an interesting discussion with some cool insights from folks here: I've been looking at a U87 (more...

KillerV
replies: 36 views: 5,806
glissando 13th June 2009

Hello. I have a question about ribbon mics. I'm interested in one but just wondering: Are all ribbon mics only Figure of Eight...

Snatchman
replies: 4 views: 585
Snatchman 13th June 2009

Anyone know off a cable weight support that screws into a rack??

Stevedresser83
replies: 7 views: 631
Chanter 13th June 2009

This is inspired by the plugin comp vs. fader automation thread. In some cases, there could be more automation computations than...

PDC
replies: 7 views: 613
rty5150 13th June 2009

(I'm trying in this forum because I had bad luck in the Low End Theory Forum) Hi Everyone! I'm here trying to find the best...

MattiaS
replies: 0 views: 545
MattiaS 13th June 2009

Right... Not sure if this has been done by anyone here... 2 studio's working as 1. We're trying to synchronise 2 Pro...

StrangeWorlds
replies: 0 views: 514
StrangeWorlds 13th June 2009

im going to record in a chapel, guitar and vocals, live. i wanne make a 10ms room. does that make sence? just curious. how...

ZEBRAAA
replies: 4 views: 1,919
ZEBRAAA 13th June 2009

Hi we are from London and a new organisation for the youth in the area. We have recently rented out a 2200sq foot room and want...

humanexperience
replies: 31 views: 2,870
MidasHatesGold 13th June 2009

Is the output of transformerless microphones less hot because of that lack of a transformer? for instance the U87 has uber hot...

hazelmossobrien
replies: 5 views: 1,688
big country 13th June 2009

Hi there I'm about to begin recording Audio tracks into my DAW using my Juno-G synth (choice of mono or stereo unbalanced...

zippsinc
replies: 4 views: 646
zippsinc 13th June 2009

A friend of mine is a retired college president, folk music performer, and amateur recording enthusiast, who now lives in...

Byll
replies: 11 views: 897
dbbubba 13th June 2009

Im doing a jazz project for a group that consists of female vocals, trumpet, sax, piano, upright bass, and drums.Any tips you...

jourdan11
replies: 0 views: 636
jourdan11 13th June 2009

I won an auction for an re20 and i compared it with my md421 on the kick and this is what i got. Doesn't sound normal? Any...

frist44
replies: 16 views: 3,523
The Bucket 13th June 2009

So, it's about time I put a demo reel together to post on my studios website to "show off" my abilities as an engineer,...

Benmrx
replies: 9 views: 802
RCM - Ronan 13th June 2009

Instead of using the power conditioner to turn off my racked equipment I turn them all off manually. I feel like its bad to turn...

EminentAndrew
replies: 12 views: 1,173
dbbubba 12th June 2009

tc 4000 or lexicon pcm 91?

raga2000
replies: 15 views: 11,619
DanRock101 12th June 2009

HI I was wondering what people thought of the focusrite mixmaster's A to D converters in the digital option board. I wonder if...

jup8
replies: 0 views: 1,071
jup8 12th June 2009
replies: 4 views: 654
meymia 12th June 2009

Any preamp that can be as good as the Shadow Hills that will not make me miss them?

Fuel
replies: 10 views: 1,382
Shane Michael Rose 12th June 2009

A great singer friend of mine is looking to buy a mic to suit his voice, and I'm trying to help. He sounds kind of Stevie...

Rasmus Faber
replies: 4 views: 620
Rasmus Faber 12th June 2009

I am looking for a high quality rack delay for a high end boutique guitar amplifier in it's parallel loop. Been through most all...

Dominick
replies: 2 views: 1,419
Dominick 12th June 2009

I have an ART PRO CHANNEL. When I track vocals I usually use the compressor and EQ on it while I'm tracking. Should I just record...

EminentAndrew
replies: 3 views: 645
steelyfan 12th June 2009
replies: 4 views: 686
idylldon 12th June 2009

As of now, every Airwindows plugin has a demo (which you're not supposed to do real work with, and which is hardcoded to politely...

chrisj
replies: 2 views: 634
chrisj 12th June 2009

Is there any advantage to using a balanced XLR cable over a balanced 1/4-inch cable? (That is, if the cable is balanced, does it...

ektia
replies: 2 views: 564
tINY 12th June 2009

I tumbled to this most excellent documentary via this thread in another board. A sort of history of the folk scene of the last...

theblue1
replies: 4 views: 2,096
jomo1234 12th June 2009

1st it was suppose to be released on may,then end of june,now OCTOBER! I belive there going all blizzard on us!

meymia
replies: 9 views: 1,664
Kouly 12th June 2009

Hi guys, I'm wondering what are the tricks to record a powerful screaming voice like on the following track @5:40 YouTube -...

Pringles
replies: 5 views: 1,807
EminentAndrew 12th June 2009

...I have this one observation about a parallel phenomenon, which is the fact that TV commercials are super-loud and...

Silver Sonya
replies: 21 views: 1,344
awakened 12th June 2009

I'm an all analog guy, I record to tape and mix through my console and various outboard compressors. I love recording and mixing...

mikecorwin
replies: 26 views: 1,165
Doc Mixwell 12th June 2009

Guys, It may seem trivial, but every ($/£) counts, so are there any recommendations for Mic Stand Brands? Types? In...

aknightin?
replies: 8 views: 883
Bob Olhsson 12th June 2009

Hello, I am looking at adding an analog compressor primarily for drum compression for under $500. Here is what i am looking...

ckett
replies: 1 views: 652
Jeff Braun 12th June 2009

I figure this can be useful for some of us on GS... Not to mention that I would like to know myself. So list the best NON-Chinese...

Agno
replies: 37 views: 2,218
Michael_Joly 12th June 2009

...I know there are plenty, just hoping to get a recommendation from a trusted crew! -Mike

KUTCH 1
replies: 0 views: 522
KUTCH 1 12th June 2009

I was wondering if anyone had experience with both of these compressors and could tell me how they compared. Thanks in...

magnet
replies: 8 views: 5,415
rajprods 12th June 2009

Fellow Guitar Slutz....i am looking into the Keeley Mods... Now i am definately getting my TS9 the Mod+...as i am sure there is...

aknightin?
replies: 2 views: 631
dbbubba 12th June 2009

Hi! I'm looking for a good ribbon mic for distorted electric guitar. I'm mostly record loud, aggressive rock-metal sound. I think...

Matyi
replies: 68 views: 7,917
fakiekid 12th June 2009

What has been your most nightmare'ish editing job that had to be done on a badly played recording to make it not suck as much as...

RiF
replies: 43 views: 2,156
Avatar for Jim Keaney @ Devotion Recording
Jim Keaney @ Devotion Recording 12th June 2009

Read about the unit! It has a good price point! Is anyone using it? Let me know how you like/dislike it! Thanks

sricabla
replies: 1 views: 2,966
DonnyBrookson 12th June 2009

just wondering how many people out there are doubling and panning out their mono samples with offset delays in a DAW

00Sun-Electro00
replies: 4 views: 752
JPeters86 12th June 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search