The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi all, I have a pro vla II here and need some help with tracking vocals thru it. Lets say my music is roots folk acoustic...

jlsgear
replies: 0 views: 1,164
jlsgear 13th April 2009

About 3 weeks ago i could still find the Xlr to 3 pin tuchel cable for my old sennheiser md421's but now that i'm looking again i...

Jbassist
replies: 15 views: 6,576
John Willett 13th April 2009

Any help ? I only use the verb (no multi efx) for live lead vocal on a female singer I work with .BIG voice on here with quite a...

MooWahmBah
replies: 1 views: 1,438
Steffmo 13th April 2009
replies: 0 views: 820
trevort 13th April 2009

Any plugin bundles (VST windows) come with an ilok? Thanks, Mike

MikeMitchell
replies: 1 views: 464
goldenlotus 13th April 2009

Forgotten gem - loving this! thumbsup Would love to know more about Bill Laswell's methods - Love the approach to the...

Blast9
replies: 20 views: 1,716
Blast9 13th April 2009

How the effect is done on some of Scott's vocals on that track? If you know the track, i think you know what I'm talking about...

Tom Hakala
replies: 9 views: 891
Blast9 13th April 2009

Hey people. For Kick and bass cab purposes which would you choose? Ive had experience with the m88 and really enjoyed it but have...

mick_e
replies: 2 views: 1,307
Musiclab 13th April 2009

I have a lot of spare Mogami stuff, most of it XLR-->XLR. I could use some of them if they were XLR-->TRS. Would using...

tycho
replies: 1 views: 1,852
Matterbator 13th April 2009

I'm having fits trying to figure out what's going on with my mic and pre. All of my mics work fine through both my Mackie board...

Slumbo
replies: 10 views: 1,645
benoïde 13th April 2009

Im just wondering is there anyway to remove instruments from a track...or at least tone them down? Lets say piano,bass,vox and...

finlove
replies: 3 views: 718
close/far 13th April 2009

I have 2 Ludwig Acrolites that I recently picked up. One is from the 70's and one from the 80's. I really liked both of them and...

filthyrich
replies: 5 views: 4,152
adamcal 13th April 2009

I have a Mackie Onyx 1640 which has both TRS and XLR options for the main outs. The TRS has a gain knob on the back right next to...

tycho
replies: 0 views: 2,222
tycho 13th April 2009

Thinking about adding another unit here...wondering if anyone has used it this way? Setup via the line-ins w/2 units for light...

88fingerz
replies: 5 views: 800
88fingerz 13th April 2009

... but I don't know where to start! This really is a serious post, but I expect I'm going to come across as sounding slightly...

BSMo
replies: 13 views: 1,224
glenn Taylor 13th April 2009

Well I just spent the last 3 hours searching and reading reviews and comments on monitors. Ive got roughly a 12 x 11 control room...

BushmasterM4
replies: 26 views: 1,669
MikeV 13th April 2009

Ok. I got a line on a NIB Toft ATB24. Its NOT the new 2.1 with balanced direct outs. Im planning on tracking and mixing on the...

JSRogers
replies: 34 views: 6,644
JSRogers 13th April 2009

I have a fellow coming over tomorrow that wants me to transfer a 2-track, 15 IPS tape to CD for him. I had him read the label on...

dbbubba
replies: 11 views: 1,734
Bassmankr 13th April 2009

Hi there, I'm about to go to KL for a few days and I'd like to find a good pro audio store there. Any recommendations would be...

J.S.Vega III
replies: 2 views: 1,038
Frisbieinstein 13th April 2009

When mixing, do you put a Gain plug in your chain and automate that, so you can get good relative volumes between elements (say...

coyotekells
replies: 8 views: 1,862
Jack Ruston 13th April 2009

Hello i am currently working on my studer a80 mkii and channel 1 is out on the machine-the slow blow fuse that goes in the...

chrisg.
replies: 4 views: 950
chrisg. 13th April 2009

that I just bought a Euphonix MC Mix? confoosed It's massively more expensive than anything I usually by without talking with...

JustinAiken
replies: 89 views: 6,155
bonneybear 13th April 2009

Hi, I'm currently mixing a project that I haven't recorded and the problem is that the hihat leakage is really bad in the...

jujumies
replies: 78 views: 6,021
doorknocker 13th April 2009

a question, not a statement. ;-) I own all the other UAD EQs and Im very happy with what I got. This has got to offer...

perx
replies: 73 views: 15,475
d3man 13th April 2009

im on the last stages of tracking my 1st song and im glad to say that its going really well and im learning a lot and haveing...

meymia
replies: 14 views: 1,097
robertshaw 13th April 2009

Hi guys. I had some bass traps that I had built a couple years ago put up and got them out and built a small vocal/amp booth...

Jeffguitar
replies: 1 views: 662
nick-the-sax 13th April 2009

Does anyone know how they achieved the vocal effect on Radiohead's National Anthem off Kid A? I'm talking about the part when he...

bloodsuga
replies: 19 views: 6,692
speakercoil 12th April 2009

James Ian Oliver : Los Angeles A Logic Pro 7 tutorial DVD available thru VTC. Has worked for West La Music, Guitar Center and...

Learn Logic Pro
replies: 1 views: 2,869
noiseflaw 12th April 2009

Which would you choose and why?

E.rOk.stA
replies: 1 views: 1,310
macleodgrant 12th April 2009

Good Day Fellow Slutz! I am currently using a Line 6 POD XT and direct recording just isn't cutting the mustard for me and I'm...

Barney1981
replies: 9 views: 3,973
jchas 12th April 2009

Hi guys - I am drooling for the CV Anniversary Version - I want a box to warm some mix elements up - for loops, drums and voc....

vibralux
replies: 5 views: 833
vibralux 12th April 2009

Is it possible to get let's say 96 I/O with relative stability assuming you have a reasonably powerful computer? Ideally, could...

metroplex
replies: 0 views: 554
metroplex 12th April 2009

I'm reposting this thread and not posting the answers to which is which. I'll put the answers up in a few days or so: I spent a...

BobSchwenkler
replies: 94 views: 6,453
dztrucktion 12th April 2009

Hi, I a gonna use Mackie CR1604 + Alesis HD24 to record our album and concerts...guitar,bass and electronics (akai...

rfs
replies: 1 views: 1,377
hazelmossobrien 12th April 2009

I have did a good bit of research on the unit......however my question is simple, does the input signal effect the sound just...

AllAboutTone
replies: 0 views: 557
AllAboutTone 12th April 2009

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on this... I have been bouncing back and forth between the two while building the...

MikeV
replies: 2 views: 831
MikeV 12th April 2009

I got in at the end of a thread about TRacks 3 in a different forum, not much more happening there it appears, so posting...

Manyrains
replies: 3 views: 671
noiseflaw 12th April 2009

Today we did a reamp job for a song of mine which had a snare track lacking in crack. Sent the gated signal of the original drum...

ianvargo
replies: 11 views: 2,854
Batchainpuller78 12th April 2009

Hi all, I have a Manley 16x2 and just got a Mackie LM3204 to use only for effects. I am coming out of the direct out of each...

steve0916
replies: 0 views: 552
steve0916 12th April 2009

Hi all, I am curious ... when you all say that you "hear" auto tune .. what is it exactly you are hearing that gives...

jlsgear
replies: 73 views: 11,565
memphisindie 12th April 2009

I posted a thread a while back asking about room size vs. compression. Well, I've recently had a real chance to think about how...

soupking
replies: 1 views: 485
Vogon 12th April 2009

Hi All - Can you recommend please a nice online reference to understanding the block diagrams in mixers and such? I can figue...

alexis
replies: 11 views: 1,417
alexis 12th April 2009

You may not see my presence to much the next week or so, I leave Tuesday night to North Carolina to get married. Very excited. I...

James Lugo
replies: 125 views: 5,400
Screws 12th April 2009

I just received Tascam dm4800 and can't figure out how to remote Nuendo with it. I suppose that linking is made by USB.Or is it...

SergioS
replies: 5 views: 2,581
muziekschuur 12th April 2009

Hi all, I recreated a large set of classic Linn Drum beats using a Korg Electribe sampler, which was great fun and it taught me...

Harlem
replies: 10 views: 2,382
rectifier 12th April 2009
replies: 2 views: 835
mattsplace 12th April 2009

Hi GS, There's a small switch on the butt of the mic for M, V1, V2. Which does more or less...And of what? I think I have a...

soupking
replies: 4 views: 708
Batchainpuller78 12th April 2009

Does any other plugin compressor really compare to the UAD 1176LN? I mean as far as dirty compressors go it seems to be top notch...

imloggedin
replies: 15 views: 2,200
PaRaNoId 12th April 2009

Looking for good lacquerer/plate cutting and pressing and looking for all the input I can find. Feed me Seymour! freshflowe

evermuse
replies: 3 views: 5,418
Black Dirt 12th April 2009

We use a RODE NTG 3 shotgun microphone which we use on a boom and which we plug the camera line with an XLR cable. Every so...

jujufactory
replies: 3 views: 616
Crazily2sexi4u 12th April 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search