The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

just because they are affordable dose not mean they are cheap. dynamic mics have a place in every studio. many times i see guys...

pan60
replies: 55 views: 6,009
camus 4th March 2009

Just for fun; no particular order, one album per artist U2 - Achtung, Baby! David Bowie - Low Kraftwerk - Th Man...

evangelista
replies: 88 views: 4,659
daniel elliott 4th March 2009

I just found this movie trailer and thought you guys might like it. It looks like a horror movie that takes place at a studio! ...

Makinithappen
replies: 38 views: 2,690
MikeTSH 4th March 2009

... or do you only focus on an emotional impact and a quality sound? Please be honest! I'm also curious what your average RMS is...

Andreas G
replies: 33 views: 2,682
strewnshank 4th March 2009

Okay, I'm not a fan of the guy, but the drums on that song, snare in particular are like...from a sample book but better. I was...

soupking
replies: 0 views: 814
soupking 4th March 2009

Hey there Slutz, So I'm trying to integrate an ATB 16 into my home project studio and I'm stuck... I want to eliminate the 6...

Soni-Fi
replies: 6 views: 1,454
Soni-Fi 4th March 2009

Hi guys, first post on here, after reading lots of posts and threads, seemed like i should get stuck in myself, so here goes...

snakee
replies: 0 views: 504
snakee 4th March 2009

i recently purchased the 1082 and have been using the built in pres to throw together some random demos, but this summer i will...

swood07
replies: 0 views: 527
swood07 4th March 2009

NY Times article about the "new" Guns N' Roses album. The Most Expensive Album Never Made By JEFF...

krid
replies: 399 views: 47,052
Yankee Doodle 4th March 2009

Rate your top 3 condenser mics, preamps, compressors, audio interface,recording software, monitors and plugins. Also include...

lemark
replies: 6 views: 986
Brian Whitten 4th March 2009

Hi all, My and my writing partner are working on our first demo, the idea being that we write and record as we go along, and...

jimcroisdale
replies: 14 views: 762
stagefright13 4th March 2009

I've just bought a 3-year-old U87AI from ebay for £1080. plus an extra £100 for the shock mount. Good deal or not?

zix
replies: 0 views: 704
zix 4th March 2009

i have a '68 fender deluxe reverb that has been passed from my grandfather to my uncle to me. It's a old one but I'm pretty sure...

ccs joe
replies: 64 views: 6,417
kafka 4th March 2009

I thought it would be interesting to see what mics people keep in there lockers for different types of vocalists/songs. What do...

Funkster
replies: 1 views: 550
Funkster 4th March 2009

Waves sells the L1 for $400, anyone know a cheaper place?

NandoOg7
replies: 2 views: 508
talozz 4th March 2009

Hello everyone. I have a quick question regarding a couple of "less than ideal" tape machines. But first, a little...

Michaelrophone
replies: 27 views: 1,891
dbbubba 4th March 2009

Hello, Please take a listen to the attached mp3 and give me your opinion. Two cheap OH sdc that maybe I'll buy. I don't know...

hirocaster
replies: 13 views: 1,291
hirocaster 4th March 2009

Just thought I'd post some pics of the new little Q8 lunchbox that was just dropped off last night. It's a single channel MM71...

Benmrx
replies: 1 views: 824
Wiggy Neve Slut 3rd March 2009

This year as part of Exeters 2009 Vibraphonic Festival Sound Gallery Studio have organised Devon's First Ever Music Expo...

stonevibe
replies: 3 views: 714
stonevibe 3rd March 2009

I am currently running a very basic system, comprising of a DIGI002 rack, ProTools 8, and a new quad core mac, and have made some...

Davido
replies: 8 views: 886
Razorfish 3rd March 2009

Benchmark dac1 vs Lavry da10..... which goes for my adam s2a??? style is rock and alternative music cooge

nadav
replies: 1 views: 592
MAzevedo 3rd March 2009

I have a Taylor 814ce that I want to record with and I want two SDC mics for XY pattern. They will go into an Apogee...

bchamorro
replies: 3 views: 1,449
joneps 3rd March 2009

hello i've compared a 4033 and 4047, and i've seen that mine 4047 has almost half less the volume of the 4033. do you have...

elan
replies: 14 views: 1,006
stagefright13 3rd March 2009

Is there anyway to get 16 DIGITAL inputs into a DIGI 003? If not the 003, what other hardware could be used with Pro Tools...

Matty Muir
replies: 7 views: 840
CompEq 3rd March 2009

LIGHTS up you can see light flickering like it does when flange is working is there s sercret to this thing do i need a...

leew66
replies: 0 views: 756
leew66 3rd March 2009

Hey guys, I'm doing some soul searching on what type of distortion I should invest in for my synths. The goal is to get an...

m.nash
replies: 0 views: 1,641
m.nash 3rd March 2009

For example: Do you find that you get a less-than-excited reaction altogether when you have to say things like, "This...

filthyrich
replies: 33 views: 1,566
GuitarRuss 3rd March 2009

found this on slashdot, thought you guys might be interested. In search of the click track « Music Machinery

quantumpsych
replies: 1 views: 499
Makinithappen 3rd March 2009

What is the Best (Sound and Reliability-wise) PC Audio Interface (Non-ProTools) for incorporating Analog gear (maybe 4-6 stereo...

BringItBack
replies: 8 views: 1,031
paperplanepilot 3rd March 2009

Hi all I really could use your take on the converters in the MOTU 828mkII since I'm contemplating getting one to use in...

horncoppers
replies: 5 views: 728
travisbrown 3rd March 2009

Noob question here... I'm mixing on a Digi 003, and wanted to try throwing a decent compressor across my drum submix. I don't...

MeBangkeys
replies: 3 views: 1,460
larry b 3rd March 2009

I don't know if anyone cares about this but here it is. Superlux sent me a pair of their new headphones to demo. They're called...

daniel elliott
replies: 4 views: 1,708
daniel elliott 3rd March 2009

Hi All, First post here, I have been l;urking for some time however. Ok so my question is ralating to headphones and mixing in...

TWINSTATES
replies: 5 views: 1,903
TWINSTATES 3rd March 2009

I would like to EQ the side-chain on my API 2500. Does anyone know the pin configuration? I cannot seem to find it in the...

Stereophonic
replies: 0 views: 821
Stereophonic 3rd March 2009
replies: 0 views: 639
TWINSTATES 3rd March 2009

I know that there is Voices of the Apocalypse, but thats apparently discontinued, and I'm not sure if EastWest's new Symphony of...

hduncan
replies: 2 views: 5,975
Neon Heart 3rd March 2009

I just had the strangest experience.We just uploaded my first album to my website. Haven't heard the thing in years. It was done...

henge
replies: 15 views: 952
henge 3rd March 2009

The question of the century....... Which do you like, 2 channel or 3? Dual Rec or triple? What era?

James Lugo
replies: 69 views: 4,826
matskull 3rd March 2009

Anyway i can run my head to an 8ohm cab and a 4ohm cab ? Hughes & Kettner WARP X the options on the back above outputs...

Renegade Prod
replies: 2 views: 687
dbbubba 3rd March 2009

I'm in the market for a new one or two-channel preamp for my home studio. I run ProTools on a Digi 003 with a Mac Pro. I record...

thegint
replies: 3 views: 716
kedbear 3rd March 2009

Hi, maybe I'm missing something but is there a point to own the Symphobia and Orchestral Brass Classic libraries? Even if the...

Pringles
replies: 2 views: 2,427
Pringles 3rd March 2009

HI all, I had my first chance to use Waves plugins recently, at my local studio. My band recorded a demo there and I asked the...

jimcroisdale
replies: 10 views: 1,367
Unclenny 3rd March 2009

Hey fellow Slutz, I know, I know ... these threads get boring and are incredibly subjective, but I'm honestly in a bit of a...

Avening
replies: 7 views: 1,539
dudge 3rd March 2009

Hey Everyone, I am located in Sydney Australia and am looking for someone who knows a but load about synthesis. I am an...

ozzlanda
replies: 0 views: 187
ozzlanda 3rd March 2009

Hey guys I am setting up a new system on my mac. i was looking at the waves musicians bundle 2, the price is right for me and...

trock
replies: 0 views: 510
trock 3rd March 2009

Hi, Im not sure if I can mention this here so please let me know if its not allowed. I've got a SSL duende mini for sale and...

strangedays
replies: 0 views: 547
strangedays 3rd March 2009

Will I be able to bypass the integrated pre-amp on ff400? Thanks in advance.

zix
replies: 8 views: 1,042
baikonour 3rd March 2009

Anyone tell me which of the four DV branches in london is the largest one? are the rest worth visiting? Cheers.

zix
replies: 2 views: 1,258
mac black 3rd March 2009

hello i'm desperatly searching for clips and reviews of the Beyer M130 most stuff you read on the web is "it's great...

hankdrummer
replies: 5 views: 5,702
hankdrummer 3rd March 2009

For those of you who are compressing your toms, whether it be tracking or, mix down, do you prefer to compress individually or,...

Klauth
replies: 13 views: 1,166
HOTC 3rd March 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search