The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,560
Views: 2,560
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I am considering getting a Yamaha DM2000VCM for my home project studio. Are there any Slutz that have any experience using this...

emkay
replies: 1 views: 2,719
Steffmo 31st March 2009

I've been thinking about this more and more after spending the majority of my waking moments sitting in front of a computer....

JustinLong
replies: 10 views: 963
passenger 31st March 2009

The D-box has the monitoring functionality but not sure how I feel about onboard D/A... Is the summing circuit much different...

rabbit friendly
replies: 3 views: 3,672
ignatius 31st March 2009

Goal = capture the classic Lexicon 300. Model = Lexicon 300 ver 3.5 Impulse capture method = Sweep I/O = Digital Format =...

rhythminmind
replies: 52 views: 9,427
guysmiley 31st March 2009

im having trouble loading my diamond bundle into mpowered pro tools...i loaded them up and all the manuals say the host program...

Sean TM
replies: 1 views: 569
James Lehmann 31st March 2009

Hi! I am asking my self if there is a Audio Plugin that emulate or Look Alike the Empirical Labs EL8 Distressors Maybe a...

sebdj
replies: 26 views: 8,210
sebdj 31st March 2009

I'm running a Euphonix MC Control and MC mix with Logic 8 on a Mac Pro. The Jog wheel moves the playhead line in small...

Jack Pettit
replies: 3 views: 988
Jack Pettit 31st March 2009

I recently picked up a Duende and have done a little bit of mixing with it on individual mono tracks. I was wondering if most...

JB872
replies: 3 views: 831
Leon EA 31st March 2009

I have pro tools m-powered LE and I bought the Digi Design (Bomb Factory) producer pro plugin bundle. I love the 1176 and the...

babydaddymusic
replies: 2 views: 2,323
babydaddymusic 31st March 2009

I didn't know where to post it, so I did it here. I'm very interested in the Vocal Recording Secrets page. But I can't figure...

TAXS
replies: 16 views: 4,186
Darth Preamp 31st March 2009

is there a way i can hook up my pc sound card to my aurora so i can get sound out thru my monitors ?... when pt is not open ?

VINKRILLZZ
replies: 0 views: 566
VINKRILLZZ 31st March 2009

I have a Speck S72 console that's been heavily modified (Tom Maguire) that I purchased this year. the master section still had...

Black Seal
replies: 0 views: 638
Black Seal 31st March 2009

I know similar threads exist here but I couldn't find any specifically like my situation. Sorry. I had a band record and mix an...

Watty
replies: 9 views: 1,899
The Byre 31st March 2009

My Nikko Alpha 350 Amplifier crackles and actually cuts out, until I "gently" hit it on the side a few times and she...

distracto
replies: 3 views: 537
dbbubba 31st March 2009

OK, we had the thread that SIGMA started which asked what consoles everyone had worked on. Now I want to ask a further...

dbbubba
replies: 124 views: 5,663
RiF 31st March 2009

i was hoping some techie could help me out here. i'm looking for a momentarily on/off switch, that actually works in...

francis
replies: 0 views: 403
francis 31st March 2009

Hi folks, ive just relocated to Sweden from the UK and am now in the process of setting up my project studio. Obviously plugs...

PRIME8PRODUCTIONS
replies: 5 views: 746
PRIME8PRODUCTIONS 31st March 2009

I noticed when sweeping a sine wave that my desk begins resonating at around 200-250hz. Is this effect amplifying those...

rabbit friendly
replies: 4 views: 760
nomoreflakes 31st March 2009

Wondering if anyone is familiar with this old unit. Its got a little quirk. Doesn't seem to want to run in Stereo mode. On mono...

Gibripper75
replies: 3 views: 1,834
dkelley 31st March 2009

Rode K2 or M-Audio Sputnik? I am having trouble deciding. Does anyone have sample clips of their K2? This is the sound I am...

micenvy
replies: 14 views: 1,095
micenvy 31st March 2009

They say no EFX - Yeah right, that is Melodyne all the way! YouTube - the Voca People

Alex Specht
replies: 0 views: 1,308
Alex Specht 31st March 2009

Not sure if it's kosher to ask, but I looking for a snare sample that sounds great on the really fast stuff and also has a lot of...

Waltz Mastering
replies: 1 views: 3,026
Winey 31st March 2009

Hello, anyone know what mark of microphones are on the toms, i saw this mic on sax in live sound too. Anyone know about that...

Fabianuy
replies: 10 views: 1,079
Fabianuy 31st March 2009

I run a small project studio and give bands great prices. I'm definitely not running a commercial studio, open to the public...

Pronecobra
replies: 68 views: 5,437
TheRealRoach 31st March 2009

I'm not going to ask you which one I should get as that is just asking for trouble, but of these four, which one would you prefer...

FeatheredSerpent
replies: 7 views: 2,297
FeatheredSerpent 31st March 2009

What's the best way to break in new monitors? Pink noise at 80db for a month?

rabbit friendly
replies: 15 views: 12,389
Peter MacColeman 31st March 2009

Hi- We have been told by Recording Magazine that they would be interested in publishing our article on recording brass and why...

sweeterstudios
replies: 25 views: 1,114
sweetmojo 31st March 2009

Lately I've been really trying to get the most of my recorded acoustic sound. I have a Taylor 810, using an AT4033 into a...

skiltrip
replies: 45 views: 3,627
skiltrip 31st March 2009

So I did a test last night and was hoping someone might have some insight into this. Try it for yourself because maybe I'm just...

wave rider
replies: 7 views: 723
TheNewFlesh 31st March 2009

I'm trying to figure out what this preamp is. I found it at my studio and if anyone recognizes it, please let me know. It has...

conrad_johnson
replies: 1 views: 646
conrad_johnson 31st March 2009

Wow. I loved it. It seems like seeing them again showed me where a few modern acts get their inspiration or who influenced them,...

Heartfelt
replies: 13 views: 1,127
Knox 31st March 2009

I would like to record VST rhodes thru real amp, to get some real air moving and to make thing a little bit more dirty and...

sound_forward
replies: 4 views: 1,334
sound_forward 31st March 2009

Any thoughts on using this "DJ" mixer as a summing box? There's one for sale for 1k down the street. I know it's not...

rabbit friendly
replies: 0 views: 1,014
rabbit friendly 31st March 2009

Ive got Mr. Fuston's cds and whatnot, but I am looking specifically for the websites that had a bunch of comparisons between...

Wotan
replies: 2 views: 573
Disjointed 31st March 2009

Hi Slutz, since my local music dealer told me today that he skiped to arrange the traditional (and funny) bustrip or his clients...

moma
replies: 6 views: 2,303
Leon EA 31st March 2009

Without referring to any particular bit of gear...speaking in general terms gear-wise... How would you go about building that...

Terry McInturff
replies: 32 views: 9,746
Beyersound 31st March 2009

I am thinking about getting a HD24Xr to track and mix with as apposed to using my D.P. 6 set up. What I was wondering is is there...

trevort
replies: 15 views: 808
travisbrown 31st March 2009

I picked up an Akai 4000ds today for 60 bucks. It's 1/4" tape with 2 mic inputs and L-R line in and out. So far, I really...

filthyrich
replies: 32 views: 2,101
drBill 31st March 2009

I recognize my luck in having money to spend on much of *anything* at this time, let alone recording equipment. Fortunately I...

will84
replies: 2 views: 553
will84 31st March 2009

I remember browsing a copy of Sound on Sound (or was it Music Tech? Recording?) that had an article on modding the Shure SM81-LC....

sehnsucht
replies: 6 views: 1,822
telejustin 31st March 2009

TV Guide Network Home | TVGuide.com I'm taping a show in a few hours called Idol Wrap where I critique the remaining...

James Lugo
replies: 41 views: 2,197
winrar 31st March 2009

Hello, In the near future I will be doing sound for a benifit show. My main concern is blowing a fuse. What's been recomended to...

bamb00
replies: 11 views: 684
sluttygearhere 31st March 2009

ma, ma, ma, my sharonna fa, fa, fa, foolin' ma, ma, ma, my, generation add at will...

rack gear
replies: 44 views: 2,188
Luc Sabourin 31st March 2009

Hi, I have a fairly decent set-up for processing my guitar with my computer. The question is about how to get the sound out of...

Steph
replies: 2 views: 920
Steph 31st March 2009

Is it realistic to have Pro Tools LE in a Commercial Studio , like an 002 with high end converters on all the digital inputs and...

ScumBum
replies: 221 views: 12,181
andersmv 31st March 2009

Hi folks I would like to as if someone could post a picture from this board. I need for an assignment. I would like a picture of...

guelfo
replies: 0 views: 1,079
guelfo 31st March 2009

Hi, kinda got a silly issue.... :s Does anyone has ever been brought to the habit of mixing with Earlier on in this profession...

Fatsoundz
replies: 5 views: 664
ofsaints 31st March 2009

Hi, I'm looking for a decent exciter plugin to bring some sparkles to my tracks. I have used the one with Logic 8, but I was...

jujumies
replies: 4 views: 1,517
TonyBelmont 31st March 2009

I get annoyed. Instrument track I want to call 'Piano' Midi track for that Instrument track I want to call 'Piano' —...

C Heat
replies: 10 views: 810
C Heat 31st March 2009

I'd love to have any tips about dealing with an impatient Diva. The singer in question gets bored and impatient quickly. The...

Terry McInturff
replies: 68 views: 3,541
henryrobinett 31st March 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search