The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Heya, I notice a substantial difference from preamp to preamp when using a dynamic microphone. However, I do not notice a...

Evenyre
replies: 1 views: 692
AZeitung 31st July 2009

Heya, I notice a substantial difference from preamp to preamp when using a dynamic microphone. However, I do not notice a...

Evenyre
replies: 3 views: 648
Ethan Winer 31st July 2009

So I was tracking in Nuendo on PC with MOTU 2408, then 'upgraded' to Alpha Link, Lightbridge into Logic 8. A lot has changed,...

FirstLoveStudio
replies: 15 views: 1,871
timtoonz 31st July 2009

does anybody know where to get raw cable connectors in Portland, Beav, or Vancouver? I bought what they had left at guitar...

hazelmossobrien
replies: 6 views: 609
hazelmossobrien 31st July 2009

I have been been looking for a bass player site like this GS site. I have engineered for 40 years. About the same for bass. I got...

glenn Taylor
replies: 8 views: 654
ark 31st July 2009

so do you use both? one or the other? specific uses for each? I'm just going into doing more & more vocal...

rack gear
replies: 7 views: 2,330
andsonic 31st July 2009

All too often I see posts here bitching about this or that related to customer service. Here's a story with a happy ending. I...

tedr
replies: 0 views: 467
tedr 31st July 2009

I'm torn and can afford these mics. I have it boiled down to these 3. For mellow female vocals, acoustic guitars, percussion....

yvesapple
replies: 7 views: 1,579
GearGuy 31st July 2009

I have a Radioshack SPL meter and want to see a waterfall plot of my room to see where the problems are. I currently moved my...

heisleyamor
replies: 10 views: 2,963
tedr 31st July 2009

Hey everyone! howdy I'm new to the boards - and would like to open with a question i've done a lot of research on. I have...

∴T∃L∃H∃⊥∴
replies: 3 views: 1,055
taperocket 31st July 2009

something along the lines of Hell's Kitchen but with CLA shouting at hopeful engineers..... total smash hit if u ask meboing

hey_mavis
replies: 22 views: 1,188
hey_mavis 31st July 2009

Ok. I'm: Grumpy Jim (currently suspended) Bunny (grumpy Jim's Girlfriend) Daniel Carter and a host of other horrible gearslutz...

Potter
replies: 2 views: 708
jimcroisdale 31st July 2009

hi, my question is simple, don´t know if it was asked here before. How would you mic an acoustic bass? Thanks!

Emi
replies: 2 views: 552
Emi 31st July 2009

Hi Newbie here. A friend of mine explained how jitter happens and he sucessfully gets rid of with his decoupled floating audio...

TonySound
replies: 6 views: 641
patfont 31st July 2009

Does anyone know any good places in Berlin that have a bunch of different mics that can be auditioned? And hopefully this same...

lobsty
replies: 2 views: 1,115
lobsty 31st July 2009

I have about $2000 to blow on a compressor (give or take a $100) I already have two distressors and two la3as. Should i get the...

PVAUDIO
replies: 21 views: 3,242
Jonathan Starr 31st July 2009

I just purchased an Avalon M5 preamp and I'm feverishly awaiting it. Now, I read these and many others reviews of it: "I...

mnstudio
replies: 2 views: 628
mnstudio 31st July 2009

Hey guys I was wondering what I should use to achieve a good starting point for Brian Mcternan's kick drum sound on Circa Survive...

Lonnie5
replies: 5 views: 4,213
Ozzy 31st July 2009

So I have a Fractal Audio AXE-FX, and it only allows digital output at 48k. Unfortunately, I cannot use 48k for various reasons,...

theaero
replies: 2 views: 1,048
drtechno 31st July 2009

Focusrite Twintrack Pro 2 channel class A mic preamp going into Presonus Firepod 8channel firewire interface... Good idea????

Maumusica
replies: 0 views: 1,456
Maumusica 31st July 2009

I just accidentally did it a couple a days ago with some very entertaining results in Logic. The track got slowed down (my guess...

RussMaGuss
replies: 1 views: 1,163
close/far 31st July 2009

Is it possible to achieve the abbey road "ADT" effect with a tape delay box? I had an echoplex back years ago but it's...

funkmyer
replies: 1 views: 1,561
funkmyer 31st July 2009

How's the quality of the modulation presets in the PCM 96 and Eventide Eclipse? TIA! In particular for electric guitar -- I...

tommy_asakawa
replies: 2 views: 682
kittonian 31st July 2009

Can you freeze tracks in Reaper 3? Been searching for it, not finding anything.

SANDS
replies: 2 views: 2,384
SANDS 31st July 2009

Sorry for the long worded question of sorts. It's rare if I get to mix something that has any room sound or ambience.We are in...

carlheinz
replies: 8 views: 2,106
Dissdnt_penguin 31st July 2009

I just got the first BAE 1272a ever made, it's a 1272 with a phase switch, low cut and impedance switch on the front. The BAE...

James Lugo
replies: 30 views: 5,571
James Lugo 31st July 2009

Maybe I should put this in the low end forum, but maybe there'll be more responses here. I have more expensive mics - Neumann,...

Johnkenn
replies: 7 views: 1,615
Snatchman 31st July 2009

hey guys.. I'm about to buy my first set of studio monitors... im looking for something within around 500$ budget, yet something...

MBrydge
replies: 8 views: 1,236
diff 31st July 2009

I use this little junky Panasonic boom box-type radio to check my mixes. It helps me to dial in bass especially. As a performing...

Fandango
replies: 7 views: 785
Fash 31st July 2009

Hi guys. So I have a Mytek DAC that has a scratchy pot. Problem is it was recently replaced at Mytek headquarters in NY and it's...

adamlloyd
replies: 0 views: 522
adamlloyd 31st July 2009

***note*** I posted this in Geekslutz...but have gotten no responses. Maybe you guys can help. ------------------------- I...

BlueRadio
replies: 8 views: 4,667
root 31st July 2009
replies: 14 views: 976
Full Clip Audio 31st July 2009

Hi guys. I'm trying to get some drums nice and tight with beat detective and I keep getting this message every time I hit region...

anemicrock
replies: 10 views: 4,646
Noise10 31st July 2009

I remember a few years back people around here were opting for some kind of sony boom box as their 'real world' reference when...

siambient
replies: 10 views: 2,095
Gulliver 31st July 2009

Hi guys, Just found out SSL is releasing V3 for duende which should solve a.o.: - Delay compensation failures - Crakcs and...

lawrence_o
replies: 2 views: 638
lawrence_o 31st July 2009

Hello guys I have a very important question for you guys and gals. What do you think your clients are more attracted to; gear,...

millerjay
replies: 21 views: 1,188
buddy 31st July 2009

How do you guys, girls, track drums with good phase when no assistant is here to move the mics for you ? Do you have any tricks...

Mgr
replies: 26 views: 1,648
psycho_monkey 31st July 2009

I'll admit it ... I really only use compression to smooth out volume spikes ... due to the acoustic nature of my work ... but...

jlsgear
replies: 7 views: 1,123
Unclenny 30th July 2009

I've been looking around with not much joy so far. I've already got VSL's Orchestral Cube, which has Xylophone and...

TEMAS
replies: 2 views: 5,700
OliverV 30th July 2009

hi here's my deal: I frequently have to tie a recording system into the FOH system for musical theater...

adeptusmajor
replies: 6 views: 807
chessparov 30th July 2009

I'm trying to buy a simple external step-up transformer so that I can run an old european SPL EX5 enhancer rack unit in the USA....

Beneficial
replies: 0 views: 773
Beneficial 30th July 2009

I have an opportunity to pick up a TAC Matchless 28 channel desk for what I am pretty sure is a great price.....$2000 or possibly...

Limey3448
replies: 8 views: 3,494
Limey3448 30th July 2009

hey guys, I just bought a SSL X-Rack with the stereo comp and loving it ! Now I'm thinking of getting two of the 4-channel...

grammasta
replies: 0 views: 543
grammasta 30th July 2009

Guitar cables do matter but what about keyboards? Doesn't make the amount of amplification all the difference? Will I hear the...

LonDonsen
replies: 0 views: 575
LonDonsen 30th July 2009

moin from germany! i just got myself a vintage Sennheiser md 421. it's the white (or is it grey?) model with the bass cut...

diegitarre
replies: 6 views: 24,759
jlongen 30th July 2009

I will be leaving from Montreal to New York tomorrow. I am 21, did not really plan anything except for a show at the Village...

tenkas
replies: 38 views: 1,585
tenkas 30th July 2009

So after a few conversations with Tony I sent in my M269, he emailed back within a week of getting it and we discussed options. ...

juneaudio
replies: 5 views: 1,463
vcode 30th July 2009

So I've had this mic sitting in my mic collection for roughly 10 years now and for some reason have only used it once, maybe...

edvdr76
replies: 6 views: 624
Karloff70 30th July 2009

Hi-- Am I the only one still using ADATs? I've got three 20-bit ADATs (XT-20 and two LX-20) plus BRC and, get ready to...

1ManGarageBand
replies: 5 views: 2,316
1ManGarageBand 30th July 2009

im getting a 6space lunchbox. the 3 things i've sure ima gonna get right are: Avedis Audio MA5 PRE Avedis Audio E27 EQ Purple...

DivineMusic
replies: 16 views: 1,111
rhodesp04 30th July 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search