The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

If someone told you to make a mix more punchy what would you do? That's one of those hard to define terms to me, like...

dannygold
replies: 73 views: 11,322
Dean Roddey 13th August 2009

I have heard good things about East West and Vienna. Any suggestions?

Cursed Lemon
replies: 15 views: 27,950
allencollins 13th August 2009

I'm looking for a hardware compressor just for vocals. people suggested a 1176 or distressor. what about that dbx160x...i think...

wagz
replies: 31 views: 22,603
wagz 13th August 2009

Hi there, Can anyone suggest a good tech in London? Just can't seem to get my Re-201's sounding right anymore.. cheers, dan

danberkson
replies: 1 views: 1,207
danberkson 13th August 2009

Pitchfork: Listen to Jack White's Solo Single just wondering : what's that reel to reel brand / model ?

hankdrummer
replies: 0 views: 984
hankdrummer 13th August 2009

So i've been getting a bunch of click and pops while mixing/recording on my LE system. So far it's just been with my 002, haven't...

MoogMadness
replies: 2 views: 1,089
Mikeren 13th August 2009

Hi, I've got a Marshall JMP-1 and it's great. ..but I've run out of distortion channels and I'd like to add another flavour of...

Zin
replies: 10 views: 1,640
greyskull 13th August 2009

Infuriating. There are 12+ tracks of unlabeled guitar takes in each session. I'm pulling my ****ing hair out going through this....

danmaier
replies: 42 views: 2,528
88fingerz 13th August 2009

Hello, Here is my situation. I recently moved into a new house, which has a large room off the house (used to be a two car...

BrandRecordingCo
replies: 3 views: 1,078
BrandRecordingCo 13th August 2009

Anyone using their own cable for the front detachable panel? What lengths are you using that brings up no issues and also what...

Recman
replies: 2 views: 1,396
Recman 13th August 2009

Hi all, howdy I'm helping a friend setting up his new Macbook with a M-Box2. I just noticed that this MacBook version...

lydfar
replies: 0 views: 765
lydfar 13th August 2009

I've been researching and going round in circles wworried trying to decide which usb audio interface to get. I think i've got it...

dreadboy
replies: 1 views: 530
dreadboy 13th August 2009

What sample rate are you using and feel works the best with the RME FF800? I just read a a thread that was talking about...

camerondye
replies: 3 views: 720
camerondye 13th August 2009

Hello. kfhkh Yesterday when I tracked a raw track for a session later on I first used my interface to record the drums. Then I...

Mixbuster
replies: 15 views: 1,011
BLUElightCory 13th August 2009

I have a good friend of mine that I play and record with alot. After recording he always wants to help pick up cords and put...

macr0w
replies: 1 views: 584
cavern 13th August 2009
replies: 30 views: 2,028
Mike Brown 13th August 2009

Hi all. I am looking to hear from freelance engineers who have worked in a few highish end facilities around the UK. We are...

PapillonIrl
replies: 7 views: 769
fredouli 13th August 2009

This is from a live setup. Any information about it's capabilities, or the model of this unit would help. Thank you.

frank lyon
replies: 2 views: 574
frank lyon 13th August 2009

A friend who is a signed artist with a couple of records under his belt has decided to invest some money for a recording studio...

chillytc
replies: 2 views: 561
adathead 53 13th August 2009

How do they do that huge wide voice??? Is it a case of a very low doubler? and i guess loads of compression...

studiogear
replies: 14 views: 1,628
gehauser 13th August 2009

Hello fellow slutz....kfhkh Please can anyone help me out with what monitors to choose ? Im looking to upgrade my current...

Billy Wheels
replies: 3 views: 1,105
antti 13th August 2009

Just wanting some opinions to help me decide. I want to get a better quality on my final mixes and decided it was time to...

k-yo
replies: 0 views: 488
k-yo 13th August 2009

So... I'm looking for a nice pair of headphones with the best quality and most comfort for the lowest price. I want to be able...

dwarfpinball
replies: 13 views: 2,446
Adlen 13th August 2009

This guy I know wanted to get into an argument over why 192 KHz is so much better than 96 KHz or 48 KHz (what I record at)....

RussMaGuss
replies: 0 views: 544
RussMaGuss 13th August 2009

I am an aspiring recording producer who is looking to upgrade my studio and finally get some good results! I am very excited and...

Paul Pertile
replies: 4 views: 620
Paul Pertile 13th August 2009

Hello everyone. I've spent the last year recording a rock record, and I've managed to keep everything at 96k/32bit via...

intolerance
replies: 39 views: 4,415
username 13th August 2009

Anybody here any idea's on which microphone techniques were used as well as the gear and microphones involved on Serge Gainsbourg...

Batchainpuller78
replies: 39 views: 8,110
hilarius 13th August 2009

Anyone have any suggestions for a realistic feeling 88 key midi controller. For use with Pro tools le 8 and various other rack...

ianbryn11
replies: 17 views: 4,335
ianbryn11 13th August 2009

Has anybody seen this: RIP: A Remix Manifesto I have a number of issues with this documentary and I wanted to discuss them on...

woodfoot
replies: 15 views: 1,161
woodfoot 13th August 2009

Think this is a pretty good deal? a mackie 1604 with road case in very good condition no problems, for 200 bucks? thinking...

Gharper23
replies: 3 views: 960
rack gear 13th August 2009

... so as to get 4 channels of greatness rather than 8 channels of goodness! heh This possible? Who does such a thing? It would...

James_Avery
replies: 12 views: 1,184
John Eppstein 13th August 2009

Say you have a nice compressor. It has a ratio pot but it has no visual indication of the compression ratio. Say you're too...

lasso
replies: 7 views: 2,397
John Eppstein 13th August 2009

I'm going to purchase a Toft ATB24. I plan on recording and mixing/summing with the board. Is there an advantage to summing using...

Christopher Ridley
replies: 6 views: 1,477
Bluzzi 13th August 2009

Planning on getting the following for studio miking kit: (2)AT4021 ohead (can use for acoustic stuff too) (1)SM57 snare (yay I...

m_gant
replies: 13 views: 854
Sword in Hand 13th August 2009

Hi guys, I've tried searching the forums but have had no luck with this, so here we go... I am having issues finding a RSP-8...

mavdime
replies: 1 views: 712
mavdime 13th August 2009

I've been going back and forth mixing trying to decide how much comp to put on my master bus and how much i want to leave for...

MoogMadness
replies: 50 views: 2,930
audiogeek 13th August 2009

I got my PCM70 w/rom V2.0 today, I'm interested in use of the classic Lexicon ambience as a kinda "master reverb". The...

Zin
replies: 3 views: 1,027
Casey 13th August 2009

I've never done all ITB multitrack. Always has been with a recorder and mixer. With an adat card equipped Aurora 8, can I bring...

tyco
replies: 1 views: 517
allencollins 13th August 2009

hello everyone- i'm wondering what people are using and loving for a&r speakers... you know what i'm talking about- the big...

jsswtpmp182
replies: 7 views: 2,366
Fleaman 13th August 2009

I was never actually taking panning laws very seriously, as far as I knew Cubase's default setting of -3dB would be optimum,...

RainbowStorm
replies: 18 views: 5,754
Flying_Dutchman 13th August 2009

Hello guy's :-) I'm twisting my mind here, trying to find a permanent way to mix.. I have always been working with both my...

lionheart
replies: 3 views: 1,013
lionheart 13th August 2009

tried to delete this post but cant figure out how.

lowetz
replies: 0 views: 863
lowetz 13th August 2009

Heya, I've been having trouble (yet again) nailing the tone that I hear coming out of my amp. I'm progressively getting...

Evenyre
replies: 3 views: 618
Mixbuster 13th August 2009

Hey guys. Just answering a question in another thread that made me think...are any of you printing OTB mixes to another station...

Melissa
replies: 3 views: 738
andsonic 12th August 2009

I have a tattoo that has random notes sprinkled throughout that I got about 10 years ago and I want to try to add to it to make...

justyntime
replies: 22 views: 953
Chucho 12th August 2009

Is there a way to monitor both a previously recorded audio and the input on the same track before a punch-in starts in PT8 HD? I...

Shimona
replies: 5 views: 1,149
psycho_monkey 12th August 2009

Are the tweakhead mods any different from 002r stock than I have now, As far as software on this 002r would I need to trash the...

AllAboutTone
replies: 3 views: 644
TonyBelmont 12th August 2009

Hey guys can someone explain a few things as far as getting product out there the best way . I have a self produced cd that is...

hotpinkbirds
replies: 1 views: 465
hotpinkbirds 12th August 2009

I don't wish to make this a Tape vs Digital thread. tutt I'm reading a fair number of posts about saturation plug-ins to warm...

rockyroad
replies: 47 views: 4,263
Dean Roddey 12th August 2009

Ok, I've been re-thinking my setup/workflow and came to a conclusion I wanna dump some of the limiting/substractive EQ duties on...

FreshSkweez
replies: 34 views: 3,078
gizeh12 12th August 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search