The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByThomann
Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,431
Views: 2,431
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hello, i have been haveng some trouble with vocal tracks sounding too breathy lately. I do not mind breathy vcls in general,...

ianbryn11
replies: 14 views: 973
ianbryn11 14th September 2009

Hi guys !!! i am a producer of electronic music, i also play different instruments and i am starting a new project... i want it...

santi matzerath
replies: 5 views: 6,184
vernier 14th September 2009

YouTube - John Lennon stand by me

Berko
replies: 10 views: 908
Berko 14th September 2009

Hi all, Today was strange... I listen to music mainly in my studio with OK acoustics and monitors. Other than that is either...

camartins77
replies: 2 views: 604
Radiogal 14th September 2009

Hi all, I was hoping to get people's opinion on the Roland VS2480 as a somewhat-semi-pro recording system for doing band demos,...

headwerkn
replies: 34 views: 14,415
fngrstck 14th September 2009

I just came across this article: Phil Collins May Never Drum Again - Spinner What an unfortunate situation. He sure has a great...

Ben B
replies: 23 views: 1,987
MarkusColeman 14th September 2009

i'm looking at some optical compressors for guitar. there seem to be more available for guitar than we have in the recording...

erock
replies: 4 views: 1,145
Iggy Poop 14th September 2009

Hello everybody, So the story is like this, with time me and my partner bought from UA 4 (FOUR) UAD1 cards, and one UAD2 card,...

stasvt
replies: 7 views: 1,053
Jonboy79 14th September 2009

I have been recording with a Sterling Audio ST66 mic for vocals & accoustic guitar. This mic has a power supply & is a...

Roots Rock
replies: 15 views: 4,076
Roots Rock 14th September 2009

Hey, I was wondering what gear/techniques you guys used for getting distorted vocal sounds. Any good plugs out there for...

dangeorge6
replies: 10 views: 8,381
rayne 14th September 2009

Was wondering if anybody had any info ton these?? I Can't find anything. Is this a good board sonically? Easy to DIY? etc. Its up...

zqone537
replies: 0 views: 1,057
zqone537 14th September 2009

I love this unit. The best rack mounted spring reverb I have used so far. There's one problem, there's an obsolete part that...

The Pool PDX
replies: 0 views: 1,353
The Pool PDX 14th September 2009

hi, i've been looking for information here on gearslutz for quite some time, today it's time for my first question thumbsup i'm...

belaH
replies: 1 views: 4,344
TBlizz 14th September 2009

While looking around in other posts I found out there is a jumper that switches the boards output from -10 to +4 located on the...

Gibripper75
replies: 3 views: 786
Gibripper75 14th September 2009

Hey guys, I am considering going back to cubase ,but now I am using macs, I need to know if cubase is stable enough (been using...

SOLOIST101
replies: 5 views: 977
hpp99 14th September 2009

Im looking for good tracks with massive bass sound but isnt muddy for reference in rock/alternative song

finlove
replies: 26 views: 5,053
Emi 14th September 2009

Comparing the older Sennheiser MD-421N white mic from the 60's with the new MD-421 of today, which is better in your opinion and...

Spall
replies: 1 views: 1,982
John Willett 14th September 2009

I've been trying to find out what mic this is for a while now, so I now bring my question to the experts. Its the red one to the...

bd101
replies: 3 views: 614
Aisle 6 14th September 2009

Ok, so here it goes ... I'm confused about what to put my money into ... My Recording Goals looking to multi track record cross...

xxlgeezyxx
replies: 0 views: 980
xxlgeezyxx 14th September 2009

Hello! I'm currently mixing some dark and down-tempo songs and I try to achieve a Vocal with a haunting feel thanks to delays....

Michael Kael
replies: 6 views: 1,434
Michael Kael 14th September 2009

Just uploaded these vids of me demoing RG420 EG with stock V7 and V8 pickups going through Overloud TH1. Please leave comments or...

sarmad
replies: 0 views: 700
sarmad 14th September 2009

hello i am not familiar with the .mogg format and was wondering what it's advantages and disadvantages may be. thanks for...

hearttimes
replies: 2 views: 2,456
rockgod1968 14th September 2009

Hi all, Just wanted to share my experiences with my 'digital vs analogue' dilemma. I've been recording for 15yrs &...

Gibson
replies: 16 views: 971
skatmatt 14th September 2009

Hi, These have got to be the most gorgeous and confusing plugins I've ever used. So far it's been anything but just strap it in...

edwardsean
replies: 1 views: 741
GeorgeHayduke 14th September 2009

Wouldnt a cheap mic be better for someone who sings poorly so the poor voice would not be captured perfect in every single (bad)...

toasteh
replies: 11 views: 976
eusagc 14th September 2009

Do you like to listen to your monitors? or a home theater system? What is your set up and do you think it sounds amazing?

heisleyamor
replies: 38 views: 9,905
SRR 14th September 2009

I am interested to know how people here would position mics on a beautiful large grand piano played in a jazz style in a medium...

rocksure
replies: 6 views: 1,471
drBill 14th September 2009

Hi gearslutz, I'm looking for a fully tweakable reverb for use with LogicPro. I once had a ProTools MIX system but decided not...

MatzeMillion
replies: 38 views: 8,403
AcoosticZoo 14th September 2009

So I have a band that really wants to track all in the live room amps drums and everything (maybe not vocals). As of now I've...

Keith Moore
replies: 10 views: 1,699
cjogo 14th September 2009

this sounds not so special but which one can it be? for example hypersonic. ...

Caine
replies: 0 views: 809
Caine 14th September 2009

If you were 2 do all your tracking with a Lavry Gold or a Cranesong hedd is that over saturated with color? I know its about...

Scott Mix
replies: 0 views: 808
Scott Mix 14th September 2009

i have a vt 737 going in to a rosetta 200. i am curently using a rhode nt2-a mic for vocals. i am looking to spend from 1000-1500...

genero44
replies: 39 views: 7,949
AllAboutTone 14th September 2009

I'm going to be mixing some songs for a band that is tracking at another studio. I have 14 songs to mix in just a few days at...

masterblaster
replies: 2 views: 853
frazzman 14th September 2009

I'm and audio engineering student wondering how to connect the 2 devices together as well as to my Mac w/ Pro Tools. any help...

GiHaD
replies: 5 views: 1,670
Deleted User 14th September 2009

Hey all. I don't engineer/mix for a living, so at this point I can't quite justify loading my credit card and buying everything...

Cody
replies: 22 views: 1,458
Cody 14th September 2009

Where are you likely to initially position your tom mics in relation to the drums itself? Discuss...

Energie
replies: 50 views: 9,473
china jam 13th September 2009

Hi guys Im starting a very minimal studio in my room, i have a mac pro with a midi keyboard at the highest spec of which i have...

judd127a
replies: 4 views: 658
Leon EA 13th September 2009

Im about to start working on a new song of mine which will NOT be sent to mastering (maybe in a year or two),now i was to...

meymia
replies: 10 views: 1,151
doncaparker 13th September 2009

What are some good books for a producer/engineer? For example... a book on tracking, mixing, pre-amps, mics, compression, EQ......

rystro
replies: 8 views: 1,021
XAXAU 13th September 2009

ok guys, when you record bass, what sound do you expect out of your amp, and the DI. Describe it to me please! Thanks!

Emi
replies: 27 views: 1,202
Emi 13th September 2009

I just bought an SM69fet, and now i'm looking for a shock mount for it. Anybody know of one that will work other than the $350...

vertical
replies: 0 views: 1,132
vertical 13th September 2009

Does anyone have any information they could share regarding recording equipment used on Down's second album? Thanks in advance.

hbryant
replies: 1 views: 516
Kore 13th September 2009

Hi there, I'd like to know what you suggest for below duty... Rosetta 800 AES/EBU Out --> Magic box capable of...

Slogun
replies: 4 views: 1,381
Slogun 13th September 2009

I'm recording a cover of Revolution. After spending last night trying yo get it through pedals, I wenr for the dirct into pre amp...

Manyrains
replies: 4 views: 910
Manyrains 13th September 2009
Avatar for Jim Keaney @ Devotion Recording

I'm beat detectiving some drums. The drummer is accenting (what i believe is) triplets over a half-note. So he's playing 6...

Jim Keaney @ Devotion Recording
replies: 5 views: 657
Avatar for Jim Keaney @ Devotion Recording
Jim Keaney @ Devotion Recording 13th September 2009

Hi, I have Genelec 8020's as my nearfiels at my home. Lately within 6 months I have been struggling with 1khz-4Khz with my...

jujumies
replies: 74 views: 7,614
doorknocker 13th September 2009

If someone could please answer a few questions for me I would greatly appreciate it. I have never owned a power conditioner or...

oulablank
replies: 0 views: 608
oulablank 13th September 2009

I seen an Orchestra live the other day, Un-amplified, everything I was hearing was coming from the instruments, no compression,...

PinnacleProdUK
replies: 16 views: 878
fifthcircle 13th September 2009

Great interview with Elliot Mazer in the current Tape Op. I was floored that Harvest - which is maybe my favorite sounding album...

tropicalhotdog
replies: 12 views: 1,647
Musiclab 13th September 2009

Hey there I'm producing a pop-rock song right now, and there's a part of the song that NEEDS the kind of drum sound similar to...

CGBMike
replies: 12 views: 2,114
titch.de 13th September 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search