The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi All, I've been researching to upgrade my firepod, and currently my two choices are the fireface 800 and MR816. I was leaning...

Amr Kadry
replies: 36 views: 5,491
sethh 6th September 2009

so im thinking about stepping up to the nice plugs but i'm not sure which route to go i can get a uad-2 card and then buy...

ohmicide
replies: 3 views: 1,734
Vanman4254 6th September 2009

I am facing a dilemma. I have listened to both and I'm a bit torn so I might rely on the gearslutz coin toss and tally the...

RockTheRoll
replies: 10 views: 19,421
Jantex 6th September 2009

I always seam to have to cut out allot of the lows and boost allot of the highs after recording my vocals (Rode NTK) to make my...

Dread
replies: 8 views: 1,853
glenn Taylor 6th September 2009

Alright so dynamic mics just don't work on my voice and the condenser's that I have tried (Groove Tubes GT55 and AKG 414) bring...

roderick
replies: 10 views: 1,091
terrybig 6th September 2009

Anybody with a lot of piano recording experience? I'm wondering if its possible to get a good sounding upright for recording for...

Gordon -10
replies: 7 views: 797
junkshop 6th September 2009

Hey People. Getting a session in next week. And it's a drummer, a guitar player, bass player and synth player. They will be...

Mixbuster
replies: 2 views: 4,814
junkshop 6th September 2009

I know that all of us have better things to do on a beautiful Saturday than watch College Football, but due to circumstances...

ChaNce144
replies: 0 views: 869
ChaNce144 6th September 2009

Dithering: Jonny Greenwood: Sasha Frere-Jones : The New Yorker

Robert Randolph
replies: 0 views: 605
Robert Randolph 6th September 2009

YouTube - Build a Neve VR in 60 seconds

meymia
replies: 1 views: 576
dbbubba 6th September 2009

YouTube - Drain You w/ Butch Vig watch it from 2:45 I mean i know you probably know this video,but still... I mean he...

meymia
replies: 5 views: 716
DeadPoet 6th September 2009

Hi ! Problem: The recording area in my studio is a bit far away from my Control Room - 43 mts cable- and I´m trying to play...

alemarti
replies: 18 views: 1,975
towerman 6th September 2009

I temporarily have to move to space that has pretty terrible acoustics. I don't have time to put up wall or floor treatments, so...

everythinglouder
replies: 50 views: 3,542
Han 6th September 2009

I heard that these two plug-ins from NI runs very bad on Ptools 8.....what's your experience (first hand) ?

tommygee
replies: 11 views: 2,444
psycho_monkey 6th September 2009

I'm in need of a good quality bundle for dabbling in some "mastering." I say " " because I am not an ME, but...

cojo67
replies: 6 views: 942
cojo67 6th September 2009

So, I picked up a little re-amping box and started playing with it last night. Though I may actually use it in the traditional...

Dean Roddey
replies: 7 views: 810
Dean Roddey 6th September 2009

from ssl's web site: Minimum System Requirements Windows: Windows XP (SP2) or Vista (32-Bit) Intel or AMD Configuration with...

meymia
replies: 5 views: 1,174
meymia 6th September 2009

The only TRS 1/4" panel mount I can find has Neutrik mounting hole spacings. I have a panel with 32 Switchcraft Female XLRs...

exgato
replies: 1 views: 965
exgato 6th September 2009

I bought a new Mac Pro yesterday and now I want to update my audio interface. I am looking for PCIe interface with good AD/DA...

zovar
replies: 1 views: 648
Tommy-boy 6th September 2009

I've seen lots of comparrisons between both plugins and L2's and L1s L3s etc but none comparing them against each other. I've...

TehGuitarist
replies: 0 views: 1,636
TehGuitarist 6th September 2009

I believe I've read all posts mentioning these converters. But, haven't read a review from an actual user, comparing it to...

tyco
replies: 1 views: 1,858
metrognome 5th September 2009

Hi! How would you remove deep-to-the-metal scratches from vintage gear? For example a Yamaha CS-10 that I've just purchased has...

johnsmith1261
replies: 5 views: 3,471
johnsmith1261 5th September 2009

Good morning/afternoon/evening. I wonder if any V-Drum owners could please help me with a very silly question, but one which I...

Rack n' Ruin
replies: 6 views: 1,091
Jay Dee 5th September 2009

Hey guys. I finally got around to getting a SD card for my triton to save patches so I won't have to write over the internal...

Dj Shaw-t
replies: 0 views: 1,621
Dj Shaw-t 5th September 2009

I have been itching for a SM7b, and I will be doing a semi live recording soon where the singer will be somewhat in proximity to...

Energie
replies: 14 views: 1,666
hazelmossobrien 5th September 2009

So quick question, As for software what do you guys think I need to get a good start on producing stuff like this. How...

Eddie T. Ellis
replies: 0 views: 1,422
Eddie T. Ellis 5th September 2009

Hey everybody.. I'm using Pro Tools M-Powered 7.4 on Vista Home Premium 64bit SP1. M-Audio Ozone interface. It's been working...

EddieVersatile
replies: 21 views: 5,689
nukmusic 5th September 2009

I've got 8 channels of ADAT built into my DPS24, and I'm looking for a nice sounding piece with 8 analog outs. I wouldn't be...

steelyfan
replies: 59 views: 7,764
travisbrown 5th September 2009

the day has come (finally!) where i have more outboard pres than I/O on my interface, so i think it's about time i sort myself...

nick-the-sax
replies: 0 views: 812
nick-the-sax 5th September 2009

Hi slutz, So my partner (Evenyre on the boards) and I are recording a minimalist folk group (think damien rice style). The set...

spitfire52mm
replies: 10 views: 859
pan60 5th September 2009

Alright chaps! Just wondered if my (home) ITB mixes would benefit being routed through the local studios Audient desk (tht I...

fakiekid
replies: 2 views: 554
fakiekid 5th September 2009

Ok, i phoned a rental company, who does this since more than 30 years, cause i wanted to get a 16 track 2" i phoned with...

Flying_Dutchman
replies: 3 views: 665
Mr.HOLMES 5th September 2009

I am using Logic Pro 7, I use a G5 dual core with 4 gig of memory running OXS 10.4.11. I have the Spotless program running...

dudeitsree
replies: 0 views: 860
dudeitsree 5th September 2009

I'm interested in this upgrade. Does it really affect the sound quality or is it better to just go with the stock unit? Has...

MSR74
replies: 11 views: 3,613
EqnoixStudios 5th September 2009

I was playing my guitar yesterday, and suddenly, the sound cuts out, even on both pickups. I plug the lead into other guitars, no...

MikeTSH
replies: 2 views: 568
matt thomas 5th September 2009

Very interesting ( only in German ) http://www.dangerousmusic.de/refs/Xoundfazit.pdf

Shaman
replies: 13 views: 2,533
miro 5th September 2009

I work in digital mostly and have a crap reel ot reel which i never use as the noise amoung other things is too much so im...

HOTC
replies: 30 views: 3,344
rocksure 5th September 2009

.............Hi all, mixing an album for a friend at the moment and on a couple of the tracks I'm finding it tricky to get the...

butterfly
replies: 2 views: 1,363
butterfly 5th September 2009

When recording many tracks at once - for example a rhythm section in a band - you may be recording 15-20 tracks simultaneously;...

Sk106
replies: 1 views: 571
Oli_W 5th September 2009

Hello, boing When I first tried the Fairchild I was totally lost and thought it was very weird. I just begin to understand a...

Michael Kael
replies: 3 views: 761
Michael Kael 5th September 2009

Hey fellas! I study music at the US but am originally from Brazil and whenever I have a break I usually go home and play a few...

RicardoGrilli
replies: 7 views: 619
lobsty 5th September 2009

To use this plug in real time tracking M/S, how do I actually feed M and S into this plug? two instances of this plug on...

dodittydada
replies: 0 views: 939
dodittydada 5th September 2009

Just off loaded a UA LA610 after just a few months. The popular opinion that it has very little headroom is true. All too easy to...

Chevron
replies: 49 views: 5,478

Anybody who knows the differences between the Otari MTR90 II and III remotes / autolocators? I need to find new ones for my mtr90...

HonkyTonk
replies: 2 views: 627
LAstudio 5th September 2009

I recently just bought a DIY 2U dual 1176 limiter and I love what it does. I'm ignorant because I haven't ever had the chance...

soupking
replies: 2 views: 625

Just been reading the "Groundbreaking production" thread, and it seemed everyone was nominating their musically fave...

fatcatstrings
replies: 11 views: 807
John Eppstein 5th September 2009

Is there anything I should be concerned about? I am currently Using a tube Mic, going through a Parametric Equalizer (XLR) and...

Chris Lago
replies: 0 views: 450
Chris Lago 5th September 2009

Hey guys. This is my first post, and this maybe a noob question but how else will i learn. I just got the firebox and i was...

unrealkindaguy
replies: 0 views: 477
unrealkindaguy 5th September 2009

I have an original Yamaha DX7 and it does not power up. I took it to a local electronics repair store and they couldn't fix it. ...

Drumatix
replies: 0 views: 2,066
Drumatix 5th September 2009

Running PTLE 8. I've got pretty good plugs as far as the "main" mixing effects are concerned -- compression, reverb,...

jsbeeth
replies: 0 views: 515
jsbeeth 5th September 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search