The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey all, I'm a fan of Nellee Hooper's productions. Does anyone have any insight on how he likes to work? I know he doesn't do...

tranter
replies: 6 views: 1,773
tranter 11th September 2009

hey guys - question for you talented people. i'm after a lockable drawer. this is to keep all of my microphones and cables in...

dominic hoenig
replies: 8 views: 725
joeq 11th September 2009

I was wondering what most of you are using as a talkback mic. I'm trying to find a Real compact mic ith a switch on it.......

passenger
replies: 46 views: 3,109
matskull 11th September 2009

Just wondering for those of you who use hardware compressors when mixing in a daw, do you use the comp as an insert on the mix...

petys
replies: 11 views: 3,618
strewnshank 11th September 2009

Hello all, just needed to know what transformer does in a DI box do? In terms of function and coloration? thanks

lalalandguy
replies: 12 views: 1,397
loujudson 11th September 2009

Just curious. I know it was recently hyped as the "new savior" of the LP format and another notch in Apple's...

drycounty
replies: 7 views: 786
drycounty 11th September 2009

Hey! Im looking into buying a lynx aurora 16 and the PCIe card. The thing is that i cant seem to figure out the cabling. I...

Valdyr
replies: 2 views: 728
warhead 11th September 2009

Avril Lavigne and Kate perry kind of songs...do you remove 2k and 3k freq from the guitars?

studiogear
replies: 8 views: 648
BradM 11th September 2009

I just bought a new computer. I thought I would be able to use Waves effects plugins on my vox in real time(while recording) to...

hectc7
replies: 20 views: 2,868
Mike Brown 11th September 2009

Mackie® Onyx-i™ Series Mixers Offer a Better Way To Record - Mackie - 2009-09-09 | Harmony-Central.com hittt

kurt
replies: 2 views: 536
psycho_monkey 11th September 2009

I have to thank all of you guys for your critique of my mix on the Chris River Band cut. I will have to admit that I learned a...

dbbubba
replies: 8 views: 673
dbbubba 11th September 2009

Help robotic music research by watching video online. The Georgia Tech Center for Music Technology is conducting research to...

hoffman
replies: 1 views: 509
Ethan Winer 11th September 2009

i've been passing white noise bursts through my outboard preamps, and then importing them as impulse responses into Room EQ...

ghetto3jon
replies: 5 views: 2,940
Ethan Winer 11th September 2009

I just picked up a pair of AKG k 240s head phones on craigslist for $60. They seem to be working fine but need a ton a gain to...

Rednose
replies: 6 views: 1,510
poncival 11th September 2009

Hi there howdy So I'm used to work on Pro Tools HD and I just bought a M-Box 2, so I could have a little workstation at home...

lydfar
replies: 6 views: 2,208
lydfar 11th September 2009

Have any slutz had time to test the two side by side OR does anyone own a pair and have an opinion on hs50m's. The last post on...

goldphinga
replies: 3 views: 11,264
Markus Stock 11th September 2009

Hey guys, few questions about the console. I'm mixing a record on it at the end of the month, and would love some info! I've...

West0n
replies: 2 views: 1,109
Ari-M. 11th September 2009

I have a pair of active monitors, as well as an Echo Audiofire 8 and a Rolls HA43 headphone amp. I plugged my monitors straight...

Mr.Noobyman
replies: 2 views: 941
Jules 11th September 2009

I wrote, played guitar and sang on a song 'Soul Sucker' about 2 years ago for Warner Brothers and it just got placed for the new...

James Lugo
replies: 17 views: 1,236
voicegenius 11th September 2009

... have almost put me off completely. I'll tell you about the second sesh. They are a metal band with cheesy synth parts. I...

replies: 21 views: 1,036
Makinithappen 11th September 2009

Recording certain instruments (digital recording) leaves you with a little bit of high end energy which will likely build up...

coyotekells
replies: 15 views: 10,232
rack gear 11th September 2009

Hi I'm new to the recording world, I want to record my voice for dubbing various cartoons and such. My question is, for a budget...

Administrator
replies: 3 views: 546
mtw_21211 11th September 2009

I use dynaudio bm6a´s in a relatively small room (3x4m) with a couple of diy bass traps (Ethan Winer design). The room is still...

Outlaw Hans
replies: 18 views: 5,095
rack gear 11th September 2009

Y is there a need to increase the db level on the Aurora converter. The Aurora 16 vt allows you to manually set the analog input...

Scott Mix
replies: 2 views: 652
Scott Mix 11th September 2009

i want to send a test signal into my preamps to check the frequency response, but i want to be sure i do it right so the results...

ghetto3jon
replies: 0 views: 809
ghetto3jon 11th September 2009

I can get a great deal on the standard X-Mod (w/Carnhill mic input and line output transformers installed). I wanna shoot this...

DRC
replies: 5 views: 3,020
asagaai 11th September 2009

This is mainly for live DJ use - I'm basically looking for a mixer that has a firewire or usb port. I was looking at the Mackie...

miercoles
replies: 1 views: 561
miercoles 11th September 2009

I had a client that had to book to Denver before we could complete our work and a friend of mine has offered the use of his...

Baz
replies: 8 views: 882
Baz 11th September 2009

I think the guy deserved one after all he's done for the music making community with his killer twin, eh? jlL1zBML-O0 B.

Barish
replies: 1 views: 593
Slikjmuzik 11th September 2009

Hey everyone! I've been a longtime lurker, but don't post much... love the site! I'm just wrapping up a great R&B/Soul/Pop...

mikeylikesit
replies: 30 views: 10,061
Ari-M. 11th September 2009

i want to buy a motu hd 926 i think it is anyone know if it needs the firewire pci card or not because i cant find any...

iNckTM
replies: 2 views: 481
iNckTM 11th September 2009

All I want is a gosh darn control surface with 24 faders.... some rotary stuff, transport, jog wheel, scribble strips and a...

R3altruth
replies: 109 views: 21,743
Ozzy 11th September 2009

What do you think about a client asking you to match the sound of their previous record? Seems odd to me... I mean, been there...

dannygold
replies: 3 views: 475
nbenford 10th September 2009

Hello! Caught the kills on a rerun of Jooles Holland. Loved the guitar sounds... almost trent rezzy... sounds like expensive...

c.dizzle
replies: 2 views: 5,685
daveytinners 10th September 2009

Hi can someone tell me if these headphones are worth getting for the studio, I have 2 producers use them , Alchemist and Illmind...

BlazinBeats
replies: 12 views: 2,902
Chris Lago 10th September 2009

Hello again. Thanks for continued responses and patience with this noob. Have settled for now on a used Mackie 1220 w/firewire...

mtw_21211
replies: 1 views: 520
mtw_21211 10th September 2009

Hi there, Thank you for reading my post. I was wondering, can anyone offer suggestions for condenser mics (under 700$ USD,...

Wow
replies: 20 views: 10,308
Wow 10th September 2009

I understand the concept of DA and AD conversion (digital signal to analog and vice versa). I also understand that soundcards...

dragonxking
replies: 14 views: 1,057
Jimbo 10th September 2009

Purchased a set of Dynaudio AIR 15's over Labor Day weekend from my local guitar center. It was a floor model, and I got a great...

NewSc2
replies: 1 views: 1,001
ddageek 10th September 2009

Well, I posted this in the guitar subforum, but alas, it doesn't get much traffic there. I wanted to get a few more opinions...

Draw the Moral
replies: 26 views: 1,753
bexarametric 10th September 2009

Hi, I am somewhat familiar with both the 6176 and the LA-610, their histrory, what they do, etc. I am looking for a single...

thesuitelounge
replies: 3 views: 1,160
hazelmossobrien 10th September 2009

So I have been wondering. What's the word on the Carvin acoustic guitars? I noticed on their web site that they range between...

Killed by Karma
replies: 5 views: 1,057
Killed by Karma 10th September 2009

Hi all, I wondered if someone could chime in with some help on the SSL 4000E&G? Bellow are a couple of things I'm a little...

jimmyz
replies: 2 views: 1,267
Mike Brown 10th September 2009

My first time recording drums. Live room is my basement, about 30’ by 12’ with 8’ ceilings (tile floor, drums on a rug),...

endianensemble
replies: 5 views: 871
TREMORS 10th September 2009

Hi guys , I`m impressed with the clean and punchy sound of the newest Gojira cd - "The Way Of All Flesh". Anybody...

ThomasWho
replies: 7 views: 5,322
ThomasWho 10th September 2009

Hi! I got the idea to try using my monophonic Yamaha CS-10 for pads, as an experiment. I guess it's not a rare case to turn a...

johnsmith1261
replies: 11 views: 3,503
johnsmith1261 10th September 2009

Read that Peter McIan miked Colin Hay's vocal on the "Men At Work" album by using an U89 and AKG 414 at the same...

chessparov
replies: 18 views: 11,404
andychamp 10th September 2009

I'm curious about this as I've heard this statement in regards to a few ribbon mics. Does this usually mean that a mic EQ's well...

Seattle
replies: 5 views: 921
andychamp 10th September 2009

Hello - I was poised to buy a used Onyx 1620 from GC today and I asked the proaudio contact there to run it through its paces...

mtw_21211
replies: 6 views: 679
hazelmossobrien 10th September 2009

I am looking for a box to mix 2 mics on a guitar cab into 1 so I can lightly hit a distressor on the way in and also cut my...

Jason Adams
replies: 10 views: 916
Jason Adams 10th September 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search