The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It's just for recording vocals, probably hip hop since I'm only recording vocals. It's gonna be a small studio in my closet. I...

A DJ
replies: 6 views: 626
desotoslo 12th September 2009

Any thoughts on why auto tune seems to work much better on some instruments (like strings) than others (like acoustic guitar)?

Storyville
replies: 1 views: 560
Ben B 12th September 2009

I am paying an engineer to mix a ProTools session. He only wants to mix it at his studio not mine. We both own a UAD card and...

4 the Max
replies: 11 views: 1,262
strewnshank 12th September 2009

hey guys, just curious.. i know a few people.. most notibley Gabriel Roth like to use crappy radio shack condenser mics for...

Tandem5
replies: 3 views: 1,053
SeanBlack 12th September 2009

Which Fender Precision Bass? Part one: Of the present: “Can buy new from store”, which P Bass would you buy and why?...

DaveH
replies: 48 views: 12,149
jasyr 12th September 2009

I've got to say that I like it when a company sets up a forum on **their** website and are involved in it. Have you guys seen...

soundrage
replies: 1 views: 469
PinnacleProdUK 12th September 2009

How would one go about learning the characteristics of a monitoring setup? I have never used studio monitors and I've only had a...

phosphor
replies: 14 views: 730
Emi 12th September 2009

Just wanted to post about how much I love my Delta 1010LT cards. These things were made in 1999 (right?) so they are incredibly...

killersoundz
replies: 10 views: 2,598
Pharaoh 12th September 2009

Any info on what they used back in the day? I'm not talking paint it black or George Harrison, but that twangy sound that was...

Outlaw Hans
replies: 41 views: 4,429
big country 12th September 2009

Just thought I would share something I came across today, might help those out there like me that sometimes have a hard time...

Yorke
replies: 3 views: 1,225
Yorke 12th September 2009

I just went to storage, and dug out an old Volumax 411 (two 410's sharing double-sized rack-ears, for those unfamiliar). Last...

12ax7
replies: 28 views: 5,064
Seb RIOU 12th September 2009

just figured I would throw this out there and save hopefully some new buyers some trouble. I am on my 7th fender blues jr. and...

dsesh1
replies: 1 views: 426
Batchainpuller78 12th September 2009

Any links to any articles on order would be greatly appreciated . Regarding heat / digital effects / power amps / conditioners....

oulablank
replies: 0 views: 569
oulablank 12th September 2009

If the Beatles first came out on CD in 1987, how was it done? How good were the analog to digital converters back then? Also,...

ampexfanatic
replies: 19 views: 4,955
jono_3 12th September 2009

Chance to pick up a set of these for under $200 Canadian. Any opinions on these? Any suggestions on good amp, for more vintage...

Kryptik
replies: 0 views: 1,975
Kryptik 12th September 2009

Here's your challenge: You will be recording to an 8 track interface from now on. You can only pick 8 microphones and 8 preamp...

andersmv
replies: 60 views: 4,529
Ari-M. 12th September 2009

Hello, I have a recording studio but I need to be able to sometimes take something with me on the road or home or on a trip to...

marcnyc
replies: 15 views: 21,857
noraKat 12th September 2009

Hello therei just bought a used GSSL compressor. I can,t get in touch with the builder as of today.It is unmarked on most of the...

glenn Taylor
replies: 3 views: 1,605
mexicola 12th September 2009

Hi guys, working on producing some of our bands tracks at the moment and i'm trying to get a drum sound similar to on bloc party...

on the run
replies: 1 views: 714
voidtunes 12th September 2009

Some rerally good advice available on GS Some of the best advice I've seen: 1. Record in a great sounding room (...

nigel saunders
replies: 1 views: 685
pfosk 12th September 2009

Hi everyone. Hope I can hear some user experiences about these two products and some recommendations from the Pros. I am looking...

Nityananda_SCSM
replies: 2 views: 1,692
Nityananda_SCSM 12th September 2009

well this is an awesome site freshflowe i'm shure someone here knows a quickie answer to my techie/geekoid question i just...

cowcow
replies: 7 views: 1,856
staticwhitesound 12th September 2009

hey guys, thanks for your time. i have spent the past few days on the internet choosing a new firewire interface. there is a...

Zorran
replies: 6 views: 772
Deleted User 12th September 2009

I had a thought today. The two guys I know who are by far and away the best at getting great ITB mixes both do a load of...

TornadoTed
replies: 2 views: 564
steelyfan 12th September 2009

Cause I want one. monome

toasteh
replies: 2 views: 715
lynyrd 12th September 2009

Hello friends :) Is there a program that you can use (preferably freeware) to generate and print guitar and bass tabs from midi...

Careyn
replies: 2 views: 922
davet 12th September 2009
replies: 2 views: 802
camartins77 11th September 2009

So much gear and technology and terminology has filtered down into the hands of just about one and all, I forget this is still a...

joelpatterson
replies: 2 views: 601
joelpatterson 11th September 2009

Hi folks Could someone help me with advice based on "first hand experience".... Alas, I received an Duet as a...

SveNaj
replies: 1 views: 1,007
SANDS 11th September 2009

Is it the place to be for a musician these days? What if your NOT a country artist? Do you guys like living there?

Deleted User
replies: 8 views: 700
thewurlitzerlife 11th September 2009

I understand that many great musicians and producers started as session musicians. Presumably this gave them 1) a wide...

pashatom
replies: 26 views: 1,846
Shimona 11th September 2009

has anyone used both? or either? I'm wondering if there are any sonic differences. the LT having separate phantom power...

D-Sahn Productio
replies: 6 views: 1,749
ThePhil 11th September 2009

I picked one of these up for $50 on eBay and was wondering if there were any users on the boards? If so, are their any upgrades...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 0 views: 1,910
Sean Sullivan 11th September 2009

I mix and i mix and i mix i have a digi 002 with a couple sm57s and a kick mic and a rode nt1 y is everything so fuzzy give me...

chrislist92
replies: 0 views: 499
chrislist92 11th September 2009

Please excuse me if this has been over discussed. I know that good conversion is necessary but how necessary are...

replies: 12 views: 910
Kris 11th September 2009

So you make a final mix, 24 bit for later mastering. Then send the client home with what (cause you know they're gonna want to...

dannygold
replies: 10 views: 698
Dave Davis 11th September 2009

I figured out how to bypass the internal pres of the Duet but in Logic there is the Apogee control panel under options>audio....

roderick
replies: 4 views: 1,147
roderick 11th September 2009

Hey all, I'm a fan of Nellee Hooper's productions. Does anyone have any insight on how he likes to work? I know he doesn't do...

tranter
replies: 6 views: 1,773
tranter 11th September 2009

hey guys - question for you talented people. i'm after a lockable drawer. this is to keep all of my microphones and cables in...

dominic hoenig
replies: 8 views: 725
joeq 11th September 2009

I was wondering what most of you are using as a talkback mic. I'm trying to find a Real compact mic ith a switch on it.......

passenger
replies: 46 views: 3,106
matskull 11th September 2009

Just wondering for those of you who use hardware compressors when mixing in a daw, do you use the comp as an insert on the mix...

petys
replies: 11 views: 3,618
strewnshank 11th September 2009

Hello all, just needed to know what transformer does in a DI box do? In terms of function and coloration? thanks

lalalandguy
replies: 12 views: 1,397
loujudson 11th September 2009

Just curious. I know it was recently hyped as the "new savior" of the LP format and another notch in Apple's...

drycounty
replies: 7 views: 786
drycounty 11th September 2009

Hey! Im looking into buying a lynx aurora 16 and the PCIe card. The thing is that i cant seem to figure out the cabling. I...

Valdyr
replies: 2 views: 728
warhead 11th September 2009

Avril Lavigne and Kate perry kind of songs...do you remove 2k and 3k freq from the guitars?

studiogear
replies: 8 views: 648
BradM 11th September 2009

I just bought a new computer. I thought I would be able to use Waves effects plugins on my vox in real time(while recording) to...

hectc7
replies: 20 views: 2,866
Mike Brown 11th September 2009

Mackie® Onyx-i™ Series Mixers Offer a Better Way To Record - Mackie - 2009-09-09 | Harmony-Central.com hittt

kurt
replies: 2 views: 536
psycho_monkey 11th September 2009

I have to thank all of you guys for your critique of my mix on the Chris River Band cut. I will have to admit that I learned a...

dbbubba
replies: 8 views: 673
dbbubba 11th September 2009

Help robotic music research by watching video online. The Georgia Tech Center for Music Technology is conducting research to...

hoffman
replies: 1 views: 509
Ethan Winer 11th September 2009

i've been passing white noise bursts through my outboard preamps, and then importing them as impulse responses into Room EQ...

ghetto3jon
replies: 5 views: 2,940
Ethan Winer 11th September 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search