The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

So... After years of working ITB I've finally come to the conclusion that I wanna get a really nice "pre-amp/tube...

replies: 14 views: 1,860
501 29th September 2009

Dear friends, This is my first post at the forum and I would really appreciate, if you answer this query: I want to be able to...

dixit
replies: 14 views: 1,479
Sultan of Swing 29th September 2009

I love free stuff, especially if its actually useful. Here is somthing I just downloaded, not thinking it would be very cool...

musicbydesign
replies: 38 views: 2,730
seany 29th September 2009

I have some money to spend on a new gear piece/set. I'm primarily working on acoustic projects. Here are some of the items that...

Evenyre
replies: 2 views: 697
Evenyre 29th September 2009

Hi, as a drummer who runs his own amateur studio, I have always been plagued with boxy, flabby drum sounds - and as much as I'd...

ChrisCummins
replies: 32 views: 2,975
swankdoc 29th September 2009

Alright -- so, here's a simple question that I just haven't found an answer for. When you are running a mic preamp in front of...

mattjhuber
replies: 6 views: 625
Whoopysnorp 29th September 2009

I'm an instrumentalist and I just moved to a new town (Portland) where I'm trying to break into the studio scene, so this is the...

jsbeeth
replies: 10 views: 4,944
KRStudio 29th September 2009

Hi there. Can anyone point me towards a document that compares the audio between satellite radio, CD & MP3? I'm looking...

SparkyCanada
replies: 0 views: 428
SparkyCanada 29th September 2009

Hello, i have been doing alot of driving these days, which means ive been listening to alot of music in my 2000 Dodge Ram Van....

ianbryn11
replies: 7 views: 1,567
ianbryn11 29th September 2009

so i finally broke down and bought one of these units to see what the hype is all about. my usual tools for this job are a tla-50...

maskedman72
replies: 67 views: 17,938
tonevision 29th September 2009

Hey guys. So, "in the studio" videos are some of my favorite things in the entire world. I figured we should have a...

AntillesSound
replies: 0 views: 807
AntillesSound 29th September 2009

Can the 788T Sound Devices record MP3?

supoUSA
replies: 0 views: 531
supoUSA 29th September 2009

Just a question about 96k as I'm only able to get only 8 individual tracks out to my board. While in a tracking session today I...

Gibson
replies: 4 views: 691
Gibson 29th September 2009

Tracking a quiet song at my place...getting really bad radio interference playing bass and guitar...killing me!!! arg!! Shut up!!...

mds
replies: 31 views: 2,397
rob S 29th September 2009

I've been doing a bit of thinking recently, and I was wondering has anyone ever tried feeding VU meter's off of Send's in their...

ChrisCummins
replies: 2 views: 1,520
u b k 29th September 2009

enjoying the early reflections so far...... got a rev 7 as well both for cheap money , the rev1 certainly looks the part! any...

stephen a.cute
replies: 3 views: 1,215
stephen a.cute 29th September 2009

First of all, I'm not really a fan of the recordings up until now. While I recognize this kid as a rare talent, I have not found...

darkwater
replies: 59 views: 9,614
rectifier 29th September 2009

How does the addition of a tube to a preamp design improve or alter the sound? I had a conversation with a designer about the...

Spaceduck
replies: 31 views: 3,079
s.d.finley 29th September 2009

If i wanted more analog I/O options and im primarily using an SSL Alphalink SX and connect the 16 channel I/O of AES from the...

Bluemoa
replies: 1 views: 652
kittonian 29th September 2009

When you are tracking guitar what is your most common setup? 1. Guitar player and amp in control room, speaker cab in live...

imloggedin
replies: 10 views: 780
nukmusic 28th September 2009

I'm in search of two new pre channels. I already own a Focusrite ISA428 and have loved it. 80% of the work I do is classical...

MaTr1x2051
replies: 6 views: 5,029
DrSax 28th September 2009

Does a hardware dithering unit exist? I need to convert the output of my 24-bit API A2D into the input of a 16-bit recorder. ...

Lando Calrissian
replies: 1 views: 890
Leon EA 28th September 2009

Hi, I have the units set up as follows: Digi 002r (within core audio manager): Clock source: optical Optical format: ADAT Alpha...

Adib
replies: 2 views: 555
Adib 28th September 2009

Wondering if anyone who's actually had a chance to use the Shadow Hills Optograph 500 has anything to say about it or any clips...

tropicalhotdog
replies: 21 views: 3,404
E Artsy Moods 28th September 2009

Can you please help me better understand (and the pros & cons) of what's happening in the (2) scenarios below, to better...

thesuitelounge
replies: 2 views: 946
Hammer Mark 28th September 2009

Hey guys...Using higher sample rates (88.2 and above) Can I hook up a UA 2192 (for outputs to my monitoring) with an AD 16x only...

glissando
replies: 1 views: 679
glissando 28th September 2009

to make a long story short.... ...yes, i am guilty, i bought the new The Fray Record... I mainly needed a new reference cd for...

Alexi
replies: 30 views: 9,973
oldschool69 28th September 2009

Hi all, Made another film about what the Oberheim DMX was the famous about: Hip Hop Beats Think of Run DMC, Grandmaster Flash,...

Harlem
replies: 3 views: 1,114
Harlem 28th September 2009

I've completed recording a narration project, and I would appreciate it if someone could offer me an RMS normalization figure...

PhonoquO
replies: 2 views: 959
Sk106 28th September 2009

I'm looking for a clean amp, preferably stereo, that I can use for lots of stuff. Clean guitar, bass, keyboards...etc. and also...

steelyfan
replies: 3 views: 7,829
steelyfan 28th September 2009

If you had you had to assign vintage analogue compressors to a particular performance, which would you choose. For example say...

hakim
replies: 0 views: 524
hakim 28th September 2009

Question already answered.

Peacock
replies: 0 views: 511
Peacock 28th September 2009

Has anyone taken any online music courses? I was looking at some of the Berkleemusic courses and considered trying some of them....

Magnum29465
replies: 0 views: 732
Magnum29465 28th September 2009

Hi everyone, I just got an old Senn 421, which doesn't work (yet?),I found it in the "Broken Gear Box" of a...

Jens Siefert
replies: 4 views: 793
Jens Siefert 28th September 2009

Do you guys do alot of tweaking on your reverbs. Do you adjust the predelay for each song or instrument within the song with...

petys
replies: 3 views: 1,121
Shy 28th September 2009

Hi, ok I know what they meant to do but whats the diffrence. I want a clock in my studio becuase evreything has a minor delay and...

complex
replies: 1 views: 590
complex 28th September 2009

Hi All, I am looking to explore more interesting ways to treat vocal performances in a mix using plug-ins. Davd "HD"...

hakim
replies: 0 views: 569
hakim 28th September 2009

Does anyone know of an analogue delay unit (eg Tape, BBD etc.) that takes a stereo input and gives a true stereo output?

semtek
replies: 4 views: 1,496
steelyfan 28th September 2009

I just noticed an MCI jh24 trk 2 inch deck for sale on craigslist in the Dallas area. My heart began to race until I realized I...

fhames
replies: 1 views: 1,689
Carotte 28th September 2009

This thread is a corollary to a prior thread about summing work methodology. People gave me great info about their work-flows...

infiniteposse
replies: 6 views: 694
BadJones 28th September 2009

Love the sound of this... very "Nevey" (?) and warm as toast.... almost dark sounding (nice antidote to excessive...

coosticks
replies: 14 views: 2,915
MrVelvet 28th September 2009

Anybody compared the two? I'm looking for an I/O extension to my 2192. Had had the RME Multiface before that, so how would the...

MrVelvet
replies: 2 views: 2,289
MrVelvet 28th September 2009

Hi everyone, i am making a drastic change in my vocal chain and i need your help.. i am looking for a tube but clean type of...

etrella
replies: 33 views: 3,295
Piedpiper 28th September 2009

My old reliable API lunch box doesn't seem to have its kick anymore. I went to go and mic up a kit and the output going into...

Gibripper75
replies: 2 views: 703
Gibripper75 28th September 2009

OK..dumb question but ......every time I start a new session there is a 7 sec. (0-7 sec.) high lite/loop on the edit window..In...

RTR
replies: 12 views: 706
RTR 28th September 2009

I've noticed a lot of threads lately about people making complaints about PTLE's lack of delay compensation and plugins. I...

dhiltonlittle
replies: 8 views: 1,003
dhiltonlittle 28th September 2009

Hi all, having moved around my little home studio, I am now at the point of deciding where to put the wall mounts for my Mission...

ChrisCummins
replies: 21 views: 4,286
ChrisCummins 28th September 2009

So basically, I do a few takes... and in order to monitor what I've just tracked, I have to turn off record enabled. Which can...

TRCS
replies: 5 views: 7,836
TRCS 28th September 2009

Chandler TG2 stereo mic pre (outputs) into 003R inputs 7-8. I also have a distressor that I want to be able to use on ANY track...

thesuitelounge
replies: 4 views: 951
thesuitelounge 28th September 2009

I just installed XP on my machine last night, and Dual booted it.. Everything works amazing on XP again.. (*flicks off vista*)...

EddieVersatile
replies: 1 views: 1,091
EddieVersatile 28th September 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search