The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Specifically what note ranges each selection represents according to a guitar or piano. I looked through the manual and it is...

BobbyPeru
replies: 3 views: 3,245
gurubuzz 6th October 2009

Hey ladies and gents, When working both as the producer as well as mixing engineer (in addition to some tracking), is it...

Nishmaster
replies: 9 views: 2,359
GSF 6th October 2009

Ok so currently im tracking a band where the drummer uses two bass drums for his double kicks. We tracked all day and there are a...

TehGuitarist
replies: 18 views: 1,295
soundsundergroun 6th October 2009

I bought a couple of api 512c's from a fellow gs'er. I realized upon inspection that one of the op-amps has an api sticker on it...

otobianki74
replies: 28 views: 3,779
monkeyxx 6th October 2009

Hi, I have a Tascam 424 that I was thinking of tracking some drums or guitars to before bouncing into Cubase SX to mix with the...

ChrisCummins
replies: 0 views: 1,626
ChrisCummins 6th October 2009

I wanted to start a disscussion on Using omni vs. Cardiod polar patterns for Drum Overheads.And also what are the pros vs. Cons...

skiroy
replies: 19 views: 4,538
larry b 6th October 2009

I'm using a Bluebird mic through an Icicle xlr/usb adapter into my computer. I'm recording acoustic guitar. I find if i turn the...

JTBluesmaker
replies: 16 views: 1,132
larry b 6th October 2009

Hi there! Im new to recording drums, and could use some help pick out gear. I would love to have a 12 channel interface with 12...

danthedrummer
replies: 0 views: 463
danthedrummer 6th October 2009

I had several acoustic instruments that occupied the same frequency range. First I rolled them off below 80hz. Then I looked at...

TBarrnes
replies: 10 views: 4,185
jPod 6th October 2009

It's been discussed a lot about metering your tracks input levels via Pro Tools but where are you guy's shooting when bussing...

Keith Moore
replies: 2 views: 590
Insomniaclown 5th October 2009

Just wondering.. I'm about to mix a project from which I received 44.1khz / 16bits WAV files. I always work in 44.1khz / 24bits....

luctellier
replies: 5 views: 675
BBT 5th October 2009

Hi, I've done a search here and nothing much on this. Be grateful for some insight. I have seen a variety of mix engineers...

guy1
replies: 10 views: 1,856
PRobb 5th October 2009

Anyone hear this on the Radio yet? Only caught it once but the sound was fantastic even with FM radio compression.

Gordon
replies: 1 views: 618
kilroyrock 5th October 2009

Hi recording engineers of the world. I'm a newbie and only 17, so be gentle with mefreshflowe.....??? I'm using protools LE and...

Electrical
replies: 30 views: 2,667
s.d.finley 5th October 2009

Ok im new and i don't know if this is in the right forum bit or what have ya so please move it if its in the wrong section :P...

1j2a3c4k5
replies: 0 views: 515
1j2a3c4k5 5th October 2009

So I've got my bla modded 003, but i'm trying out pro tools hd, to see what's up. I need to actually test this mix engine before...

kilroyrock
replies: 0 views: 1,179
kilroyrock 5th October 2009

Hello. I need some info on a problem I am having with my Rane Ge-30 that was modified by THX. I have a slight white noise sound...

sleek1
replies: 0 views: 836
sleek1 5th October 2009

Looks pretty cool and Im not getting the distortion and fun times I really want out of sims so why not pick this up and an amp...

thedommer
replies: 2 views: 1,270
thedommer 5th October 2009

Hi slutz! I want to upgrade my studio with some toys but my budget is only about 3000$ CND. I really want to tweak some...

Mat Taylor
replies: 0 views: 558
Mat Taylor 5th October 2009

Hey guys- I remember there being a post on GS comparing the S3A and A7 and how someone had EQ'd the A7's to sound a little...

Dean Landon
replies: 0 views: 568
Dean Landon 5th October 2009

Hello, Just wondered if you could all give me a bit of advice. I have just been asked to tour manage for a band in the UK. The...

bigggidy
replies: 5 views: 981
ebot9000 5th October 2009

I have just got my UAD 2 solo laptop card, and have worked with the included plugs for a bit. While I do like the included plugs,...

Insomniaclown
replies: 31 views: 3,128
diamondjim 5th October 2009

I need help putting together a new rig for my studio AND remote use. I currently use: PC: ADK laptop SOFT: Cubase 4 With Waves...

m_gant
replies: 1 views: 531
m_gant 5th October 2009

I getting bored with space designer, it's pretty usefull but since I've try some outboard reverb, I'm looking for it. What is the...

laperlestudio
replies: 1 views: 582
laperlestudio 5th October 2009

Before I continue, I will let you know that what I did was very, very very, very stupid and a terribly bad mistake of a decision,...

ihateregisterin
replies: 0 views: 559
ihateregisterin 5th October 2009

Hey alll, first post here. I have a Vox Valvetronix 100vt but it just can't give me that sweet sweet tube tone I want. So I'm...

UmpaHimself
replies: 41 views: 3,102
mattjhuber 5th October 2009

I know there are a lot of threads about this but I have some more questions. I apologize for the repetition. What are the...

Machine Massacre
replies: 4 views: 3,042
Machine Massacre 5th October 2009

Hi everybody, I'm working on a DIY jazz-fusion record, with piano as the main instrument. On the piano, when together with...

pietrogirardi
replies: 2 views: 731
RCM - Ronan 5th October 2009

I'm looking for suggestions on recording a tibetan guitar player. I'm going to approach is as if I were recording a western...

deadxatthexscene
replies: 3 views: 4,502
joeq 5th October 2009

Been considering shelling out the cash to get my Digi 002 modded by the guys at BLA...but I don't really know if it'd be worth...

hepcat
replies: 4 views: 1,003
Iggy Poop 5th October 2009

What personal superstitions have become common place habits for you? Not speaking of dogma theory stuff, rather actual physical...

swankdoc
replies: 19 views: 1,163
Jules 5th October 2009

Hello, I have a Genelec 1091A sub and it buzzes, pretty loud. It sounds like a ground loop sorta buzz/hum. Not sure if this is...

Arturo00
replies: 3 views: 1,965
Arturo00 5th October 2009

Valley International Gatex - what type of fuse- I have a Valley International Gatex- with a missing fuse and fuse cap-can...

Rudysstudio
replies: 1 views: 1,239
VOproducer 5th October 2009

Disclaimer: I'm new to owning and using recording gear (in the sense that its mine and I'm intimate with how it sounds, etc.),...

ringemaster
replies: 20 views: 4,049
cheu78 5th October 2009

Hey, What ads would you prefer for recording electric guitar and synths/drummachines? Thanks

audioidiot
replies: 0 views: 1,024
audioidiot 5th October 2009

I was wondering if anyone could me with some advice on stating and running an commercial studio. It's been my life long dream and...

Internet_Junky
replies: 16 views: 2,376
narcoman 5th October 2009

I'm a neat freak so after every session no matter how big or small ( unless they'll be back in a few hours ) I wrap everything up...

oulablank
replies: 6 views: 587
oulablank 5th October 2009

Let me know what you think about the tone similarity, as well as the tone itself. The band is panned to the right, I'm panned to...

Evenyre
replies: 4 views: 2,342
Evenyre 5th October 2009

Recording: A Sure-Fire Winner: The Guide To Better Mixing Through “Mixing” - Pro Sound Web

imaginaryday
replies: 4 views: 1,806
You_Father_Sky 5th October 2009

Good afternoon everyone, Im having a problem with my recording and i think it may be compression related. First off, Ive...

bige
replies: 15 views: 1,161
funkymunk 5th October 2009

In an effort to learn more.... Who here does work in MUSIC and work with Audio for Video....? I love both in different ways.

DynaForte
replies: 2 views: 608
larry b 5th October 2009

These ribbons are Hypercardiod. Should I do spaced,XY,ORTF?

skiroy
replies: 1 views: 448
surflounge 5th October 2009

Hi I'm currently using an mbox 2. What would be wiser to invest in and give me a better sound? An ssl alpha channel or waves ssl?

kevinn10
replies: 12 views: 2,770
AMIEL 5th October 2009

I am looking for a 16 input desk to bring DAW into for mixing, and live use. I will not be using the pre's. Basically just for...

m_gant
replies: 7 views: 968
Brody Murakami 5th October 2009

Is there anything out there that does kind of what the CV does, but with a lower price tag? Thanks, rjm

rjm
replies: 15 views: 1,585
Brody Murakami 5th October 2009

Run my own project studio in my house, and I am in need of a go-to microphone. I am also in need of a good pair of small...

hepcat
replies: 3 views: 598
hepcat 5th October 2009

Ryan sings in Valentine as a standard with a falsetto register in the verses. I'm not sure If I'm allowed to post a link to the...

TAXS
replies: 0 views: 910
TAXS 5th October 2009

imagination or not? Tubegear: the more you use them, the better sound? my 2 year old UA 610-dual micpre= sounds better. my 2...

Lyxound
replies: 2 views: 555
prologicmusic 5th October 2009

This may be a double thread...searched and didn't find anything. If it is, tell me where to find it & I'll delete it!...

WiZKiD
replies: 0 views: 524
WiZKiD 5th October 2009

Hey All, So recorded a live "studio concert" I had in place last night with no issues, my Soundcraft Ghost was on for...

Jacob H
replies: 3 views: 1,358
Jacob H 5th October 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search