The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I am strongly considering buying a Dangerous D Box, but only have a fairly crappy Samson Power Amp for my Passive Tannoy Reveals....

TheFirstThird
replies: 5 views: 1,026
dakine 3rd November 2009

Hey Guys Im looking to go OTB at the moment .I ushually have abouts 4 sub groups and mix like that so I have looked at the SSL...

JonKong
replies: 0 views: 576
JonKong 3rd November 2009

I am looking for some advice for buying my first hardware eq's :) My budget is max $2000 for eqs + 400 for lunchbox,and I will be...

nasp
replies: 42 views: 4,998
Doc Mixwell 3rd November 2009

Does anyone here 'double pre-amp'? What I mean is, have you tried something along the lines of running your mic through a Great...

BioMichanical
replies: 10 views: 1,932
BioMichanical 3rd November 2009

I need to sum 4 dat machines (via aes or spdif) to one adat lightpipe into my digi 002. I can't seem to find any routers that...

FunkFaker
replies: 1 views: 564
spicemix 3rd November 2009

i'm just coming over to in-the-box, unlimited tracks and testing the new world of plugins. i was wondering what config some of...

jasyr
replies: 0 views: 557
jasyr 3rd November 2009

I need to convert sd2 files to wav files.......in pro tools.......but my pc won't let me do it in pro tools. is there other free...

basskater87
replies: 10 views: 2,534
loujudson 3rd November 2009

I'll be recording a rock band soon and I need some tom mics. I can borrow some MD421 from a friend, no problem at all, but maybe...

matskull
replies: 71 views: 3,738
matskull 3rd November 2009

Anyone used these before? I have a chance to pick up two for 100 bucks for the pair. Was thinking of using them on Guitars or...

JRE Productions
replies: 13 views: 21,829
u b k 3rd November 2009

Anybody who - succesfully - tried to make another and smaller tube for the Banshee? I just feel pronounciation could be a lot...

Storm Music
replies: 0 views: 2,240
Storm Music 3rd November 2009

I'm looking for monitor speakers for my small recording space. I plan on putting them on my desk, on either side of my computer...

Robonaut
replies: 5 views: 5,781
Patrice Baumel 3rd November 2009

I'll probably get flamed for even posing this idea but here goes.... Alright it really comes down to that I wish I had two Neve...

StarfishMusic
replies: 17 views: 3,390
narcoman 3rd November 2009

Hi everyone, For one of my Masters degree assignments I'm comparing the frequency response of NS10s, M-Audio AV40s and Genelec...

mpeskett
replies: 0 views: 391
mpeskett 3rd November 2009

Has anyone else noticed that a plugin sound fantastic just up to the point you actually pay for it? I think this could be part...

nigel saunders
replies: 32 views: 2,685
camus 3rd November 2009
replies: 25 views: 2,604
jddrews 3rd November 2009

At some point next year, I'd like to start recording my band's third album. My gear inventory has pretty much completely changed...

Whoopysnorp
replies: 2 views: 776
u b k 3rd November 2009

I think Doughnut have a close relation with policeman for a long time. How about sound engineer, musician? It's kind of off topic...

kbjazzman
replies: 15 views: 868
The MPCist 3rd November 2009

i have the roland gk with a gi 20 but i eyed one of those Ztars and the yamaha EZ series which have bottons instead of strings....

gsilbers
replies: 11 views: 1,286
kbjazzman 3rd November 2009

I've got a UAD-1 card that I intend to use mostly for effects and was wondering if there was a way to use them with AUX sends on...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 3 views: 892
DeadPoet 3rd November 2009

can you have two different tempos for different tracks? ie drum track coming in from reason set to 88 bpm. the rest running...

ChaosCreation
replies: 3 views: 741
ChaosCreation 3rd November 2009

Doe's anyone know what manufacture makes this DAW touch-screen, featured on the SOS October 2009 cover. Any feedback would be...

skolnick
replies: 14 views: 3,214
fetti 3rd November 2009

This is a live clip of Blink playing feeling this live. Did Travis use the Roland TD-20 that the camera shows a couple times to...

TeraBrite
replies: 5 views: 2,120
dysenterygary 3rd November 2009

Have searched and read various threads and am still wondering about specific opinions concerning Quested S7's... Have tried...

analogjeff
replies: 5 views: 5,761
KlangStudie 3rd November 2009

Hey Guys just seeing which you prefer and why!!

Lonnie5
replies: 39 views: 7,546
mudrock 3rd November 2009

I'd like to get some idea as to how often recording engineers use a compressor when they record acoustic guitar. (I'm guessing...

olivialand
replies: 41 views: 6,345

Are your performers getting mono or stereo hphone feeds? If they are stereo, what are yo using to send them, other than the front...

m_gant
replies: 5 views: 902

i always see metal bands tracking guitars in the control room..like there is a wall of different amp heads..but no cabinet...is...

Sean TM
replies: 4 views: 591

Anybody knows the Vocal chain on Pink records specially in "I am not dead" and "Fun House"?? Would like to...

ToneRexx
replies: 15 views: 4,261
mikymike 3rd November 2009

Mixed a tracks with among other things two recorders (the flute kind, not recording equipment), multitracked separately onto two...

kubimusik
replies: 12 views: 1,111
asplashofcitrus 3rd November 2009

Can anyone please recommend an engineer in Los Angeles that has a very musical ear and can make vocal comps that are great, and...

Greg Wells
replies: 8 views: 1,362
LAstudio 3rd November 2009

I know there was a question on whether it is mc or mk. I am thinking of buying a pair of the octava mk012's or a pair of akg...

music
replies: 23 views: 5,187
msquared 3rd November 2009

My voice is harsh around 2-3K and gritty. Im trying to find a mic>pre combo right for my voice. I like a dark sound. Im...

skiroy
replies: 8 views: 1,183
DONNX 3rd November 2009

Just wanted to thank Greg Riggs and Frank of Sterling Audio for some superb customer service. My power supply unit (PSM1)...

acardona
replies: 4 views: 1,211
Roots Rock 3rd November 2009

Can someone help me out here...I'm sitting here trying to play my F*CKING tracks back on this damn MBox and I'm getting nothing!...

T. Biddy
replies: 8 views: 1,489
rich robinson 3rd November 2009

Hi all, I recently purchased an ADA-8 from Prism sound with 8AD and 8 DA. I got it on demo pretty easily and quick. I compared...

lawrence_o
replies: 4 views: 4,993
BlueProMastering 3rd November 2009

If you haven't heard The Boy Who Knew Too Much by Mika, you should- it sounds particularly good played immediately after Life in...

JimThompson
replies: 2 views: 841
Greg Wells 3rd November 2009

OK we are looking to update our project studio a little since we are about to start recording our record. The music is anywhere...

3evil3mpire
replies: 2 views: 718
Snatchman 3rd November 2009

I did a gig last nigh with the driverack pro system from DBX and the rental company give me a behrigner test microphone for the...

laperlestudio
replies: 8 views: 1,113
laperlestudio 3rd November 2009

Ok so im may be be posting this in the wrong spot. though ive been a member of the board i havent been on in some time so bare...

supercomet32
replies: 3 views: 733
supercomet32 3rd November 2009

Hi, i have been reading up on the Tascam us-2400. plenty of positive and negative feedback. many have stated that it is too...

passenger
replies: 2 views: 1,034
lbeasley 3rd November 2009

I'm looking at getting a DA converter, the Lavry Black da10 has me swayed the most, however . . . . . I have a bit of a routing...

Ry Thomas
replies: 1 views: 582
kittonian 2nd November 2009

All you lovely Gearslutz.... I am no longer associated with Keith Henderson and /or Critical Listening with Bruce...

Bruce Swedien
replies: 0 views: 822
Bruce Swedien 2nd November 2009

Hi all, I am thinking of changing my studio set-up to be more practical for the type of music that I am currently having to mix...

ithaca
replies: 1 views: 561
DannyMac 2nd November 2009

hi. i already have a boss DI-1 but had to order a Radial DI after reading so much about them here. I chose to go with the J48. I...

marcpl
replies: 3 views: 2,200
Protools Guy 2nd November 2009

How do you use this exactly on guitars? I have a H3000 SE and it has great micropitchshifting, rev's, rooms and delays but I hear...

Atari
replies: 4 views: 1,720
Protools Guy 2nd November 2009

If this has been covered already I apologize. Let me explain my setup. I recorded drums in a small untreated room. Someone...

TBarrnes
replies: 1 views: 1,705
steveschizoid 2nd November 2009

Hi all, I know this is mainly a site for recording gear, but I thought I'd ask a question about this - I'm trying to find a good,...

DaveNJ
replies: 0 views: 1,422
DaveNJ 2nd November 2009

is 2300 pounds a good price for a fully services (also saw clean head pictures ) a80VU reel tape recorder?? its a quarter...

saintJames
replies: 3 views: 777
Fletcher 2nd November 2009

Okay, okay... some people have a real knack for playing to a click and making it quite musical... and some genres (disco!) don't...

joelpatterson
replies: 442 views: 16,132
[email protected] 2nd November 2009

Hey All, Kind of new on the engineering side of using ribbon mics. Finally got around to screwing around with the SHURE KSM313...

gongbass
replies: 4 views: 2,470
gongbass 2nd November 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search