The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I've been looking at this Buy MXL V69 Mogami Edition Tube Microphone | Condenser Microphones | Musician's Friend But i am iffy...

theyungboss
replies: 6 views: 2,411
fiddler59 16th November 2009

My wife and I saw "Pirate Radio" last night, and it was jolly good fun (despite seeing Philips Seymour Hoffman talking...

Clueless
replies: 10 views: 1,106
Joe_caithness 16th November 2009

Hey guys! Does anyone have any good tips for getting good sound quality?

TheCodie
replies: 28 views: 2,021
pan 16th November 2009

So, a friend sent me this link. This kind of thing may well be old news to some of you, I have heard similar in the past but...

Empora
replies: 30 views: 3,484
dallas simpson 16th November 2009

i was wondering how many gearslutz are able to make a living solely by using their home studio. if so, what kind of gear does...

tapehiss
replies: 9 views: 1,841
busker 16th November 2009

I did a bit of a search and the last topic about this was wayyy back in 2004. Just wondering what you guys chuck on your mix...

TehGuitarist
replies: 13 views: 3,078
rumimusic 16th November 2009

Hello..Anyone make a Spdif/AES to Adat Lightpipe ( 2 channel) converter that works without degrading signal..? I think I remember...

Snatchman
replies: 3 views: 1,472
fifthcircle 16th November 2009

hi everyone, i bought my tape machine a few months ago and have been carefully cleaning heads with isopropanol, demagnetizing...

tha067
replies: 1 views: 685
brianroth 16th November 2009

What a dirty combination of words I've come up with to describe the sound I want. I am very much on an extreme budget, and...

dublave
replies: 0 views: 876
dublave 16th November 2009

I was just reading the thread where someone was looking for opinions on engineering for free based on getting paid after...

Igotsoul4u
replies: 8 views: 901
ryst 16th November 2009

Hi slutziesss :-D, I'm building a new studio in Rio, a low budget one (for US standards i think - here is sure a mid-sized...

Subversounds
replies: 0 views: 585
Subversounds 16th November 2009

When I was in junior high we use to march with these really old metal ludwig drums. They were cheap as all crap but I'm looking...

replies: 1 views: 754
LRhodes 16th November 2009

I'm searching Eventide unit users (models of harmonizer users: DSP,H,Orville and so on line) for projects of mine. I'm afraid...

TAXS
replies: 0 views: 559
TAXS 16th November 2009

My cursor is being really weird in pro tools. I don't know the program well enough to know what I did, but the song simply isn't...

analogboy
replies: 9 views: 11,510
dhiltonlittle 16th November 2009

I currently run ADAM A7's and KRK 6000's with a Hafler P3000. I hardly ever even reference the KRK's, not because I don't like...

hazelmossobrien
replies: 7 views: 1,172
Bob Ross 16th November 2009

A friend of mine just bought a new laptop running Windows 7 64 bit. I am helping him set up for recording voice-overs. However,...

voltanix
replies: 1 views: 6,553
Sphion 16th November 2009
replies: 3 views: 2,184
Lawrence Sanchez 16th November 2009

Doing a little research here, so I'm thankful for any feedback. As a studio what gear do you rent on a regular or semi regular...

plexisys
replies: 7 views: 686
lobsty 16th November 2009

It seems like every cell phone which I have "upgraded" to in the last 6 or 8 years has had progressively worse...

djs
replies: 8 views: 873
nicpope 16th November 2009

I've been looking at the Midas Venice. I could get by with 24 channels but would prefer 32. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Tipiumgrove
replies: 0 views: 593
Tipiumgrove 15th November 2009

could anybody explain the limit section of the 2254 - I guess limit level is kinda treshold isnt it? and how can I see how much I...

pete
replies: 4 views: 874
pete 15th November 2009

I think it pretty much speaks for itself. I thought some of the folks around here might enjoy this listing: "* seeking...

betamatt
replies: 23 views: 1,396
You_Father_Sky 15th November 2009

Hi, I have recently acquried a Studiomaster Series 5 16:8:2 mixing console. It was in excellent condition and everything seems...

riot100
replies: 1 views: 1,769
riot100 15th November 2009

and tell me what is wrong with it? My room isn't treated that well, just with some rugs here and there. However, when I listen...

u2bonoman
replies: 4 views: 633
u2bonoman 15th November 2009

If so do you think it made a substantial difference. I use mine as a keyboard interface if that helps.

Sid Viscous
replies: 0 views: 801
Sid Viscous 15th November 2009

Hey Guys We own a Heil PR30 which i like on a variety of things, Cabs, bass cabs, snare, kick etc etc and having just sold an...

sheltersoton
replies: 0 views: 674
sheltersoton 15th November 2009

when I have a dynamic mic (sm 57, 58, drum mics) plugged into the isa 428, I get a 60khz buzz when the gain is increased to the...

Blewgrass
replies: 1 views: 648
deve 15th November 2009

I think I'm going to go for it... I just re-did my whole studio 2 months ago with high-end gear, pre's, comps, effects, new...

dreamsongs
replies: 40 views: 18,367
electraluxx 15th November 2009

Why should I go with an active reamping box rather than a passive one? If I wanna split the signal I can do it with another box...

Ciaccona
replies: 6 views: 2,116
robertshaw 15th November 2009

Is a speaker cone the only spot that most engineers (incl. myself) prefer? Wondering, what mics AND placement combination cover...

Simma Lugnt
replies: 11 views: 765
Simma Lugnt 15th November 2009
replies: 5 views: 3,394
Simma Lugnt 15th November 2009

What is it really? (Not the visual representation that appears in an imager, but what the sound really is). Don't have any more...

Lrmusic
replies: 5 views: 4,865
AlexK 15th November 2009

Slutz, I'm recording drums in an odd-shaped, oddly constructed room. The room is somewhere between an L and a V in terms of...

slothjones
replies: 9 views: 1,483
SANDS 15th November 2009

YouTube - Daughtry - Poker Face Chris Daughtry - Covering Poker Face by Lady Goooo Goooo Just curious what MIC that is... sigh....

You_Father_Sky
replies: 11 views: 956
You_Father_Sky 15th November 2009

anyone knows how to wire a carnhill vtb9045 transformer to the seventhcircle input of t15 module? is it worth?

mindjuice
replies: 0 views: 1,109
mindjuice 15th November 2009

Hi 'Yall I'm currently listening to Billie Holiday's 'Songs for Distingue Lovers' which is recorded in mono. However, I am...

AlexK
replies: 0 views: 508
AlexK 15th November 2009

Young band being given a studio tour. Upon surveying the control room, a member excitedly marvels over the console. Grabs a...

Silver Sonya
replies: 59 views: 4,498
IonicBreed 15th November 2009

ok, I got a Great River M3-1NV that I have to connect to a FMR PBV-6A and then to an audiofire interface, meaning XLR> XLR>...

thiagozt
replies: 2 views: 747
Sean240 15th November 2009

I have been offered an AKG C3000 (original black version, not the 'B') for a very reasonable price. I have never personally used...

dialectic
replies: 42 views: 16,861
Looccam 15th November 2009

I have clients that need to transfer PT sessions to their home systems or other studios and we have been relying more and more on...

Rick Sutton
replies: 24 views: 1,411
musicbydesign 15th November 2009

I can't find this exact issue addressed on one of the forums. I found questions about feeding a mic with phantom power into a...

PlesureStrategys
replies: 1 views: 623
tubesandteles 15th November 2009

Just had some thought the other day as I was pondering world domination. hittt A 4x12, in stereo, in front of a drum kit,...

fakiekid
replies: 32 views: 2,347
fakiekid 15th November 2009

Are there any high-end alternatives to Eventide (H8000FW, Eclipse etc) for multi-fx? On the reverb side obviously the Lexicons...

Chatterbocks
replies: 1 views: 1,343
John Eppstein 15th November 2009

I beleive there is a basic answer for my question - but I just cant find it.. I am looking to upgrade from a cheap 2i/o...

shephurd
replies: 2 views: 651
shephurd 15th November 2009

I'm working with a female singer that have a acute voice. Almost like a child voice... She sing very well But to mix it is...

sebdj
replies: 13 views: 2,458
Storyville 15th November 2009

hi new freinds! i'm looking for a studio in Lexington/Louisville/Cincinnati area with a neve console and pro tools rig for a mix...

elbeam
replies: 2 views: 626
Mr. Liszt 15th November 2009

SM7

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy an SM7 soon but just wondering if anybody can tell me some good recordings I can listen to where it...

Soundmanluke
replies: 11 views: 1,330
Blewgrass 15th November 2009

My was told that the CAD M9 is a good mic to try for my voice and alot of other things. BUt I was told that they were made some...

skiroy
replies: 2 views: 676
skiroy 15th November 2009

When I'm at the gym I will read gearslutz threads in between workout sets....or in this case, start new threads because I'm at...

ryst
replies: 7 views: 1,019
Croaker 15th November 2009

Hey All, I have some good analog gear; a GR mp-2nv, 2 AKG 414s, SM81, and a M57. I run this through a Duet into Logic 9. My...

electraluxx
replies: 8 views: 960
electraluxx 15th November 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search