The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Just working on putting together a PDF addressing all the basic points involved in preparing multitrack files for a mixdown. I...

Preme Diesel
replies: 2 views: 2,023
Preme Diesel 3rd January 2010

Gearslutz is awesome but I was wondering what other sites people are going to about recording music. What I like about this site...

13th Step
replies: 4 views: 737
Harry Hughes 3rd January 2010

Interesting Allen Sides interview on the Tascam site about mixing analog. He estimates 85% of album mixes are done analog, but...

synthetic
replies: 52 views: 5,959
u b k 3rd January 2010

Am in the process of revamping my studio. Just about finished with the bass traps in the room and in the process of making some...

dglux
replies: 6 views: 4,241
robertshaw 3rd January 2010

I've decided to stop smoking weed. For good. I've been smoking regularly for the better part of the past 17 years. I've been...

Lazer Toms
replies: 364 views: 27,575
rack gear 3rd January 2010

Looking for a rack --all~in~one stereo "mastering unit" ..digital I/O would be nice --- going directly to Masterlilnk...

cjogo
replies: 25 views: 6,074
cjogo 3rd January 2010

Here are: 1) a good NPR piece that includes a graph of hit songs from the last 30 years and discussion with Bob Ludwig and...

analogjeff
replies: 12 views: 1,147
Lemonsqueezer 3rd January 2010

I usually go for OWC - great site.... but was hoping for 8 GB of ram for my MBP for a little cheaper than $450. might not be at...

miercoles
replies: 6 views: 991
MWP 3rd January 2010

Hey guys a need a decent active DI box single channel would be fine that won't break the bank, any ideas would be appreciated.

tampa
replies: 2 views: 866
private_stock 3rd January 2010

Hello, i am in the market for a Palmer unit. Looking at the PDI 03, PGA 04, and PGA 09. The 09 is the cheaper box unit one. The...

ktwalker76
replies: 0 views: 1,078
ktwalker76 3rd January 2010

fascinating... anyone tried this? you mix their noise into your recording! Add a little warmth to your mix with...

rack gear
replies: 1 views: 767
private_stock 3rd January 2010

Is this really the best album of the year? Virtually every hipster rag/site (e.g., Pitchfork, Spin) seems to think so, and,...

blim
replies: 22 views: 2,080
tapehiss 3rd January 2010

Ok guys, heres. the scoop. Possibly have a new client coming into the studio, long term (possibly really long?) They have...

nobtwiddler
replies: 4 views: 924
nobtwiddler 3rd January 2010

Just thinking out loud. I have never really mixed on analog gear aside from a couple live shows. I have used emu plugs that are...

tharemedy
replies: 43 views: 4,726
u b k 3rd January 2010

Hello all! Please help me decide the best bang for my buck. I have a humble PT LE setup at home including an mbox2 dongle using...

RobbyAnalog
replies: 7 views: 818
u b k 3rd January 2010

I am being offered a MacBook pro (not unibody) 15 inch 2.4 core 2 duo with 4 gigs ram, excelent condition along with a brand new...

LMS
replies: 3 views: 759
DCtoDaylight 3rd January 2010

Hi, I played myspace through my fireface some days ago, but have forgot the connection. Thank you!

disco judas
replies: 6 views: 603
crypticglobe 3rd January 2010

I'm feeling stymied by the company that makes Renovator, called Algorithmix. I am posting here, to try to find out if anyone else...

beluga
replies: 0 views: 1,165
beluga 3rd January 2010

I'm searching for a pre-amp/channel strip with transformer like properties: Nice/full round lows, good midrange, and smooth top...

Lifted
replies: 2 views: 1,227
Lifted 3rd January 2010

OK...so I'm a brand newb to GS but I've been spying on your threads for years. I hope my question is not totally moronic, but I...

joefoss69
replies: 1 views: 1,897
Hacmac 3rd January 2010

Wow, I didn't even know that this existed. A stripped down version of Pro-Tools that uses a USB mic as an interface. I wonder...

pearldrum944
replies: 0 views: 646
pearldrum944 3rd January 2010

Welcome to BLAKROC nice project, cool studio!

laperlestudio
replies: 0 views: 806
laperlestudio 2nd January 2010

any reference? how I make it work? I see BFD sees Drumagog because show his name in Yellow. Now how to trigger it? I am in...

zak7
replies: 4 views: 2,581
zak7 2nd January 2010

Just recently found this online. Many of these things we're well aware of, yet it's important to let the fans & consumers of...

replies: 1 views: 593
ianbryn11 2nd January 2010

So I've got the SM7B/Great River. It worked great for remastering my Billboard chart topping #1 hit single, Grammy award winning,...

9th Ward Records
replies: 13 views: 5,037
pasarski 2nd January 2010

hittt I have a RME Fireface 400 and i'm running an Apogee Mini-me into it through a digital coaxial cable between the two....

caseyforever
replies: 1 views: 1,240
caseyforever 2nd January 2010

same as my other post on pro toos sessions. how big was your biggest session in logic studio? how many tracks? how many plug...

Khaos Phreak
replies: 0 views: 464
Khaos Phreak 2nd January 2010

Hi Folks! I guess this was discussed several times in the past, but i have to ask right now to get a recent impression of the...

Fishmac
replies: 11 views: 3,663
Fishmac 2nd January 2010

I was wondering if someone could tell me about positioning monitors with your computer. I've heard that some monitors contain...

3rdwave
replies: 4 views: 2,960
3rdwave 2nd January 2010

title says it all

Dave Bear
replies: 20 views: 6,510
ejsongs 2nd January 2010

I have a Deopfer PK88. It is a great keyboard control but does not have a pitch wheel. I presently use a Emu xboard for the...

electraluxx
replies: 0 views: 1,711
electraluxx 2nd January 2010

Hi I'm looking into moving my studio into a commercial spot in Houston, do you guys know any places that would be good? The main...

mdjice
replies: 35 views: 5,411
mdjice 2nd January 2010

I just bought a Presonus Digimax D8 to add utility channels/preamps to my Digidesign 192io. I ran a few tests last night to see...

chriscoleman
replies: 2 views: 992
Mike Brown 2nd January 2010

help slutz, a client wants the intro track of the cd to overlap with the begining of the 2º track, but I keep getting a pop when...

Bruno5150
replies: 10 views: 774
cavern 2nd January 2010

OK, not a desert island, just Manhattan. I'm unexpectedly here for a few weeks taking care of my father who is ill. Will...

nicnite
replies: 2 views: 743
nicnite 2nd January 2010

hello all i was just looking for some advice on buying an analogue desk around the £1000 mark. (new or second hand is cool) i...

ladyscraper
replies: 2 views: 708
ladyscraper 2nd January 2010

Hi Does anybody know if there is anywhere in London that repairs Digi stuff as my 003 is on the blink. The warranty has...

mike kable
replies: 5 views: 733
mike kable 2nd January 2010

had really hot girl come into interview for a possible internship for the local university. everything was what you'd expect if...

sleeper1400
replies: 52 views: 3,078
dustyreels 2nd January 2010

Any Wunder mic pre Love? curious if anyone has used the new peq-2 unit? what sound differences fron the peq-1 if any

robertshaw
replies: 9 views: 1,581
dbjp 2nd January 2010

Hi Sluts, A number of years ago I developed tinitus -more than likely the result of my standing next to ride cymbals on...

Melgueil
replies: 10 views: 1,253
dbbubba 2nd January 2010

Hi all. OK. I should've asked this when Butch Vig was doing the Q & A, but I forgot. mezed I'm wondering if anyone knows...

azazel
replies: 17 views: 2,869
azazel 2nd January 2010

It never fails to amaze me......each day I will scan thru 500 or so topic titles on this site......For most of us, the only money...

Doughboy
replies: 57 views: 3,011
mexicola 2nd January 2010

Hi, Lazy... Noob... Confused about setup. I have 8-20 synth channels... do i xyz itb or otb or both I record synths live, all...

blub
replies: 0 views: 1,329
blub 2nd January 2010

Tell me how great it's gonna be with my 72 Fender Jazz Bass. I'll try it first going into my Great River. thanks!!

Jeff16years
replies: 4 views: 859
bee 2nd January 2010

Alright chaps! Happy New Year to you all! Doing a project at the minute and I'm looking for that "You Give Love a Bad...

fakiekid
replies: 2 views: 1,566
fakiekid 2nd January 2010

is it possible to use the 2 together? I've done some research on how to hook up the D-Box to interfaces and such, but nothing...

shmanky
replies: 1 views: 857
psycho_monkey 2nd January 2010

I would have to say that the most commonly given advice on GS is something like - "You need to try them for yourself, so...

gregory
replies: 6 views: 874
juniorhifikit 2nd January 2010

I have some quality outboard pieces and have tried to organize them for optimal workflow instead of the mound they were turning...

paul999
replies: 1 views: 807
TRANQUILO 2nd January 2010

I read through a few old posts on this subject but it didn't seem to yield much info on the SSL Alphalink. Am I right in assuming...

gongbass
replies: 2 views: 2,178
work2do 2nd January 2010

I'm trying to wrap my snake's fans in nylon, but its a pain to get it on. I'm sure there must be a technique I'm missing. What do...

hazelmossobrien
replies: 8 views: 1,052
hazelmossobrien 2nd January 2010

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search