The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Ok, just seen the news. Japan is supposedly raising the transistor price in the light of the economy. Could be a lie, could be...

Lifted
replies: 1 views: 632
dualflip 16th January 2010

They say every voice has its strengths and weaknesses . Well what are they for a Tenor and what are they for a Baritone ? What...

ScumBum
replies: 3 views: 1,229
superburtm 16th January 2010

I'm looking for a overall quality sound upgrade that will last me for a while. I want to spend around $2,000. I'm mostly...

Chrisb333
replies: 11 views: 731
Raw-Tracks 16th January 2010

Alright. what.machines.were. on PureVolume.com™ Hectic times+Hectic times remix What % should goto the remixer when...

RARStudios
replies: 3 views: 981
RARStudios 16th January 2010

Say hello to Ryker James Lugo, born January 13th 2010 @ 10:09am. 8.8 lbs. Mom and baby are healthy. What an...

James Lugo
replies: 183 views: 9,182
Peter Stengaard 16th January 2010

My m-audio 1814 died today. I am looking for a simple and affordable interface with reasonable quality... somewhere around the...

CaseyJames
replies: 2 views: 862
CaseyJames 16th January 2010

I am looking to upgrade my bass sound for both recording and live performance and am wondering what the better way to go is. ...

uwrossl
replies: 14 views: 2,237
Sean Sullivan 16th January 2010

I'm a psych major and have to do some research. Typically I focus on some other subjects but I figure I may as well have some fun...

BabyGracious
replies: 0 views: 596
BabyGracious 16th January 2010

After a year and a half of a big hassle with tape decks and a lot of money spent on the tape material , calibration , servicing...

bass man
replies: 73 views: 3,353
vernier 16th January 2010

I have a soft spot for melodic hard rock/metal and was digging through some old CD's as part of garage clean up. I came across...

FadersmakmeHappy
replies: 62 views: 3,423
erasedcitizen 16th January 2010

Esteemed Slutz, What is your favorite metallic percussion tracks/artists ? I got a bee in my bonnet and set up a bunch of...

firby
replies: 9 views: 780
dannygold 16th January 2010

I have been looking at re-wiring my studio and stumbled across the 9625 and it looks like it will solve all my problems. I am a...

teelm05
replies: 9 views: 7,016
SRS 16th January 2010

I'm hoping some of you tape experts can help me out... I'm stuck and I'm going crazy over trying to get my Sony/MCI JH110c...

Beneficial
replies: 5 views: 1,298
mcijh 16th January 2010

I just heard this album last night as I used it for a refference for guitars. Good refference!!! What I was surprised was...

Jason Poulin
replies: 30 views: 4,594
Tom Hakala 16th January 2010

Is there such a thing? The PC is tucked away in a corner and to burn a quick cd from the computer takes a little bit of arm...

RonT
replies: 6 views: 2,241
RonT 16th January 2010

I want the crossfader to act like a crossfader! Is it a bad idea to try to loosen it up like that?

miercoles
replies: 0 views: 537
miercoles 16th January 2010

Hi, I don't have the budget for any mixer ATM, so its not 'which mixer should i get' thread. But i keep wondering if it will...

Stomper
replies: 4 views: 804
Stomper 15th January 2010

i play melodic death/black metal..kindof like opeth meets amon amarth with a lil bit of mastodon thrown in for good measure. im...

SabinTheTerrible
replies: 16 views: 2,468
Iggy Poop 15th January 2010

I have 2 Tube mics. One I haven't used for a few months since I got the new one. The new one's cable is shorting out, just out of...

davey boy
replies: 5 views: 12,769
Chazmania 15th January 2010

I recently purchased the PSP sQuad pack and am extremely extremely happy about it. My favorite piece is an MCI style eq. The band...

Vum
replies: 23 views: 4,659
aleatoric 15th January 2010

I'm talking about for example the snare in Whitesnakes is this love. Lots and lots of reverb! Personally, I can't take it, and...

Dudevico
replies: 79 views: 9,090
theblue1 15th January 2010

After listening this album I would love to know more about the used recording techniques. Anyone who has information on the...

Froombosch
replies: 14 views: 4,144
rectifier 15th January 2010

Just one month after his realase Avatar is already the second Highest Grossing film of all time. I listen to the soundtrack...

sebdj
replies: 0 views: 938
sebdj 15th January 2010

I have Posted about this before but still no further down the line and would be grateful to anyone with advice. I am Using my...

lionel reed
replies: 9 views: 1,248
Louis Bernstone 15th January 2010

I know how a side chain works. My question is why do some compressors like my GML have a side chain in, while others like my...

bongo
replies: 5 views: 2,643
theblotted 15th January 2010

I recorded some triple fiddles the other day and unfortunately you can hear people talking in the background (one of the few...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 1 views: 538
enroper 15th January 2010

So does the new AC15 have the same sound of the AC30? The lower wattage actually would be better for me if it has a similar...

Coldsnow
replies: 36 views: 73,086
teleharmonium 15th January 2010

The studio I primarily work out of uses a Mix rig. I have a Lynx Aurora 8 I hardly ever use and I was thinking of taking it over...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 3 views: 828
Sean Sullivan 15th January 2010

Here's what I'm looking at for a basic dumset mic setup... Anyone use this combination or can comment on individual pieces for...

Stixxs
replies: 30 views: 5,394
americanryan 15th January 2010

and if by the title you remember Bill Hick's views on the subject, I too would grab a gun a shoot myself! hittt anyways... I'm...

Big_Bang
replies: 12 views: 1,010
Big_Bang 15th January 2010

Hi, i just upgraded my PT Rig, and since i'm on a 2009 intel mac pro and PT 8, i can no longer use Spectrasonics Atmosphere. I'm...

engmix
replies: 0 views: 523
engmix 15th January 2010

Been browsing my way through forums, musicmags, ebay a.o. for 3 days now, looking for the holy grail of mic pres... still not...

InTheBox
replies: 12 views: 2,429
rty5150 15th January 2010

I have seen people touch on this subject in the past, but I have not seen a definite answer or even many opinions. Here's the...

dbbubba
replies: 31 views: 2,120
subsonix 15th January 2010

I've got a Pro Tools rig running a ProFire 2626. This originally started as me wanting to fatten and add more life to vocals and...

Tezer
replies: 3 views: 2,388
drbob1 15th January 2010

Your sweet spot is when you sit between your monitors and your desk. However so many of us have compressors and EQ's that are in...

Tube World
replies: 2 views: 694
Batchainpuller78 15th January 2010

Hello all I wonder if music society needs proaudio/instruments/dj equipment/home audio directory (catalog)? With features...

kkulesh
replies: 3 views: 725
kkulesh 15th January 2010

that time of year for an inventory...i work for my former college's music dept, and was rummaging through some unorganized...

RoyJeeBiv
replies: 4 views: 7,030
RoyJeeBiv 15th January 2010

I'm in the process of buying some gear. I've read a few posts which claim that using a tube mic with a tube preamp is often...

SurfingMusicMan
replies: 10 views: 13,482
lejool 15th January 2010

Hi, for class i have be assigned to make a remix but i would like to find out the scales and the key for this song ...

complex
replies: 2 views: 565
studiostuff 15th January 2010

Hello fellow slutz. I'm quite unexperienced with tape machines but picked a stereo 1/4" Otari MX-5050 a bit ago and am...

floydisbest
replies: 6 views: 646
Les 15th January 2010

Hello, how they mixed the snare with different effects? The snare is different at each time. How can I make this effect with an...

Eisbude
replies: 0 views: 483
Eisbude 15th January 2010

I am wanting to get the word out about a missing soundelux mike of mine that disappeared around 3 years or so back from Q...

ceplaster
replies: 1 views: 562
ceplaster 15th January 2010

I checked with H&E Studiotechnik, no luck. Most of the mic shops seem to focus on a few known models. This one is a...

starseed
replies: 4 views: 1,282
Admiral James T. 15th January 2010

we have one.. and we need the manuals :)

George Necola
replies: 0 views: 855
George Necola 15th January 2010

This is probably a bit off topic, but I just downloaded the most amazing app for my iphone, VoiceBand. It lets you make an...

westin
replies: 14 views: 1,855
Aearth 15th January 2010

Hey all. I have a Focusrite Platinum Trakmaster that I use as a Preamp for my Rode NTK mic currently running into the line in...

mrnomer09
replies: 2 views: 1,169
mattg082 15th January 2010

I just got an UA 1176LN reissue on the used market, serial # 3934. Been using it a good amount for about 1 week and it's been...

lurker94
replies: 5 views: 972
vernier 15th January 2010

I have come across a Yamaha 01V96 version 2 and am wondering if it has any benefits over a regular analog mixer. Currently I...

Farshad
replies: 3 views: 3,093
Farshad 15th January 2010

Hello everyone! Looking to grab a new computer display and trying to get some recomendations. Thoughts? Thanks for any...

elgrillo
replies: 1 views: 533
SK1 15th January 2010

Lately, I have been noticing that the channel eq in logic 8/9 just really sux. i try to use the linear phase or fat eq as much as...

Msilver84
replies: 23 views: 6,658
PDC 15th January 2010

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search