The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hello everyone. They say there is no stupid questions but this very well may be one. I've recently acquired a couple DPA 4012's...

MadPostman
replies: 1 views: 722
meltemi 5th February 2010

This is a multi-faceted question - but I would be incredibly thankful for any help. 1) My Original MOTU 828 crashes my new...

vemo
replies: 2 views: 1,517
krusty 5th February 2010

I want to do a comparison of my existing pre's on a couple different sources, including electric and acoustic guitar. I want to...

Turdadactyl
replies: 8 views: 500
Turdadactyl 5th February 2010

I've got £1,300 ($2,100) to swpend, and i'm looking for a pair of active studio monitors, but there's so many that I need help....

bumface
replies: 35 views: 3,791
James Lehmann 5th February 2010

Has anyone truly A/B'ed vintage SM57's to new SM57's? I need to pick up a couple and wondered about any differences. Thanks...

Resonater
replies: 11 views: 2,586
turing 5th February 2010

Hey Guys, I've been running a project studio for about the last year and a half, and for the most part I've been happy with my...

TrustCavalcade
replies: 26 views: 1,672
dualflip 5th February 2010

Okay I know when recording a source with 2 mics that switching the phase buttons on one is a standard to avoid phase problems,but...

skiroy
replies: 47 views: 2,561
glissando 5th February 2010

Hey guys I seem to remember some of you guys getting OSA 500 series racks and upgrading your power supplies? I bought my rack...

FOURTHTUNZ
replies: 2 views: 813
FOURTHTUNZ 5th February 2010

I've heard it both ways. I've been using ASDR. But ADSR logistically makes more sense. Which is the correct description of an...

Storyville
replies: 5 views: 988
claend 5th February 2010

Been listening to Jimi a lot lately. His warm voice and his playing are so soothing in the wintertime. And I just picked up an...

GeorgeHayduke
replies: 7 views: 1,281
Van Speijk 5th February 2010

i was looking into my friends MX 9000 but i read a lot and hear NO good about it so can anyone offer me a suggestion for a GOOD...

hewo pweaze
replies: 5 views: 999
hewo pweaze 5th February 2010

... suggestions welcome! I am in need of the best bang for buck, but I can't find XLR Mogami or Monster anywhere! I need short...

Big_Bang
replies: 10 views: 2,040
Big_Bang 5th February 2010

something i was always wondering about ... is there a cool hardware controller that can be used universally on most of the...

mr. harrison
replies: 2 views: 807
nightscope 5th February 2010

Looking for the best and most flexible way to bring things together in my studio, but I don't have a mixer and don't want one. I...

Fandango
replies: 8 views: 3,611
greatgreatriver 5th February 2010

Hey, I'm looking to build up a healthy microphone collection for my home studio. I've already demo'd the "sound" on a...

capkutay
replies: 14 views: 2,391
muziekschuur 5th February 2010

Being one who loves a debate, the one argument I always find amusing, when forum members ask for opinions on gear, is the one...

antoniosolo
replies: 11 views: 788
mics 5th February 2010

I will be buying a TLM 103. I am trying to decide if I should just get the swivel mount or get the shock mount? I have mics...

tazman
replies: 7 views: 2,585
John Willett 5th February 2010

I need a high-quality studio to do drums/bass/guitar with engineer included. I know... asking a lot for that price, but I need to...

Mr.Melody
replies: 29 views: 1,315
krusty 5th February 2010

I'm on a mac, so I'm not sure I can use it, but people seem to be raving...I'm wondering if I should delve into what seems to be...

Johnkenn
replies: 58 views: 10,231
unqlenol 5th February 2010

Could someone please post a few sound examples, before & after of McDSP Analog Channel? I can't demo it because I'm not a Pro...

ep1c0ne
replies: 1 views: 713
Stiff 5th February 2010

Ive got a project right now that's seeming a bit busy.... do any of you cut drastically to try to make the pieces fit together...

ianbryn11
replies: 79 views: 5,235
glissando 5th February 2010

I am putting the SSL X-Desk through its paces and have printed some mixes via the master insert send as well as the master buss...

Fash
replies: 4 views: 706
John Eppstein 5th February 2010

Is there any way to solo a wet signal with plugins that don't have this capability built in? Thanks, LR

Lrmusic
replies: 2 views: 606
Lrmusic 5th February 2010

mans from south london innit call me T.D.P a shout if you rap and wanna buy sum tracks sumtime mans got da gully beats ya get me...

rumple
replies: 6 views: 739
Bender888 5th February 2010

Obviously, there's probly not much close to it in terms of detail. But are there any in depth books about any other classic...

Dr. Mordo
replies: 0 views: 463
Dr. Mordo 5th February 2010

Anyone else have problems with the wording in the Melodyne manuals? It reminds me of the manuals that Roland used to write. A...

Bob Vinsick
replies: 2 views: 706
Justin P. 5th February 2010

So - here's my deal. I've got a trigger finger, but I'm looking for something that I can play with sticks. Actually, I'm looking...

Johnkenn
replies: 5 views: 742
jchas 5th February 2010

I'm looking for sheet music software for drafts and taking notes. Do need: - Complete ease of input - Gorgeous graphics...

Lrmusic
replies: 1 views: 550
karp47 5th February 2010

Can people post what their mixdown technique is ? What is your signal chain to 2 tr? Do you mix to DAW, tape, Masterlink, CD,...

JCRockit
replies: 21 views: 3,449
KMC 5th February 2010

hello im lookin for info about this machine for works on macbook in logic and audiodesk or via boot camp in others daw's thanks...

jafejo
replies: 0 views: 924
jafejo 5th February 2010

How many of you are actively trying to "audialize" the music you are planning to write before you write a single thing....

Lrmusic
replies: 1 views: 460
sears 5th February 2010

Cause I is a lazy bar steward, I am inclined to go with the DB25 option. I can see the downside as the cost of DB25 snakes, but...

Louis Bernstone
replies: 23 views: 5,845
drBill 5th February 2010

...so it's your own fault if you read it! hehkfhkh I am sitting in a hotel bar with my laptop, on a business trip (daytime...

hpp99
replies: 0 views: 546
hpp99 4th February 2010

Hi, Any thoughts? Does anyone know which one has the most silent faders? I'd really need to have channel names like the...

Fhl
replies: 6 views: 947
gatormusic 4th February 2010

Hi, I have my aurora 16 (using the PT HD card) connected to a Switchcraft 9625 patchbay. From here I can send signals to my...

Louis Bernstone
replies: 1 views: 620
Louis Bernstone 4th February 2010

Hi there, just wanted to ask about DI-ing a bass guitar. I just bought a Squier Bass (Vintage Modified Jazz -- very nice for the...

Myles Eastwood
replies: 3 views: 1,135
Snatchman 4th February 2010

Hi! I´m having troubles connecting a digidesign C24 and digi 192 with external outboard. Could someone give me advice how to...

Tobias
replies: 0 views: 1,552
Tobias 4th February 2010

Hi, I've used 57's but never tried an SM7. Is the SM7 worth the extra cost? Thanks, Don

alba359
replies: 26 views: 10,886
delta 4th February 2010

In audio related discussions we often end up questioning if what we hear is real or imagined. Oftentimes the the discussion gets...

Audiop
replies: 58 views: 6,380
12ax7 4th February 2010

Hi all, I know the technical differences between these two mics: "The Revox M3500 was made by Beyer. It is similar to...

bermudaben
replies: 5 views: 21,525
Melodicca 4th February 2010

i have a tdm mix6 system. my question is that i have 6 cards and 2 5 node ribbons. I also have a 7 slot expansion...

LMS
replies: 3 views: 510
Guybrush 4th February 2010

hello i am wondering which is a better input device to connect to an RME digi 9636 ? 1.An external module motu 2408 mk2 of...

fweqy
replies: 0 views: 640
fweqy 4th February 2010

just curious and I feel stupid for not knowing this. I often have to turn turd drum performances into "gold" by way of...

otobianki74
replies: 1 views: 513
Guybrush 4th February 2010

Hi guys , I'm looking at buying a Amek 2520 . I was just wandering opinions . From what I have gathered from searches on...

Brett 123
replies: 1 views: 821
botastudio 4th February 2010

I have been looking for a straight answer when it comes to what the exact difference is between Logic Studios 9 and Logic...

songtotheking
replies: 12 views: 4,411
Cheech 4th February 2010

Hello all, I am new to the forum and I just had my studio build about 4 months ago. (CityDump Records $30 hr, 317-664-2220 on...

CityDump Records
replies: 17 views: 2,410
Turdadactyl 4th February 2010

something thats conspicuous for me for a longer time: the missing of melodies in filmscores. i listend to some of my...

shangoe
replies: 77 views: 5,555
Coldbricks 4th February 2010

Hi, I'm trying to get this brutal guitar tone that System of a down uses (hypnotize & mezmerize). Any info regarding the...

jujumies
replies: 2 views: 3,398
jujumies 4th February 2010

I'm a big fan of Beck as an artist. I've enjoyed his "flip flopping" records between folk/pop production (apparently...

Timsplace
replies: 21 views: 2,482
sleeper1400 4th February 2010
replies: 0 views: 607
Andrew Dorscht 4th February 2010

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search