The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I’m trying to see how to best utilize my gear – I don’t have a ton of experience but I am transitioning to using Logic Pro...

audiothumbs
replies: 0 views: 530
audiothumbs 16th February 2010

confoosed I'm new to pro tools and new to tracking drums. I just bought a digi 003 and have a stereo pair of cardoid condenser...

kvnlnt
replies: 16 views: 2,030
hihello 16th February 2010

I am wondering if anyone can help me with this. I went to send some files to a client today, I usually use the Yousendit...

aleatoric
replies: 2 views: 956
aleatoric 16th February 2010

I've noticed in most modern music (pop or otherwise) the vocals are really upfront!! No room at all really at less it is added...

LearningAsIGo
replies: 3 views: 1,085
audionickw 16th February 2010

So, i am just wondering, and excuse me if this is a stupid question... If you where to use some HP and LP filters to clean up a...

ianbryn11
replies: 11 views: 2,238
ianbryn11 16th February 2010

I need to get an audio interface and I'm highly considering the Duet because I'm on a mac and I here it is great. Although I will...

braindmg
replies: 11 views: 9,665
braindmg 16th February 2010

Well, all right, it doesn't have to be from today, or even out on the open market (the black will do just fine). What in your...

ColourSurround
replies: 7 views: 2,927
drbob1 15th February 2010

Novation Community great stand i need to find !!

Jeezo
replies: 0 views: 491
Jeezo 15th February 2010

I have used about every one on the market, mainly going back and forth from a Beta 52 to a D112 sometimes re20 or a SM7, I use a...

AllAboutTone
replies: 18 views: 2,196
cjogo 15th February 2010

Would you describe these three blue mics-the dragonfly, baby bottle and blueberry as clear transparent mics or colored mics?

Krush411
replies: 15 views: 1,544
drastic 15th February 2010

Are any of you still using the instrument + paper sheet music + pencil approach? If so, why. Thanks, LR

Lrmusic
replies: 1 views: 510
author 15th February 2010

Hello all, Could any one explain how to set up two stage compression using Nuendo and not a console. This term might not be...

Dxsare
replies: 5 views: 3,793
Cegalla 15th February 2010

I have a very simple set up at home as it is, but I'm really into colorful sounding compressors. At this point I want something...

relaibleman
replies: 5 views: 1,036
relaibleman 15th February 2010

Why does my brain want to boost the highs on EVERY channel/sound? How can I get rid of this behaviour? :facepalm: I'm aware...

TakeOne
replies: 13 views: 1,377
TakeOne 15th February 2010

Anyone done this? Or is there anything on the net that tells you how? Cheers, Louis

Louis Bernstone
replies: 1 views: 639
Louis Bernstone 15th February 2010

I made the decision to go back to PT LE after years with Cubase, and I'm very happy with my...

mbradzick
replies: 49 views: 2,814
robertshaw 15th February 2010

to compliment my Telefunken modded MPA Gold and my ISA 428. As I'm mainly a mix room now I'm not looking for a ton of channelsm ...

You_Father_Sky
replies: 3 views: 916
You_Father_Sky 15th February 2010

i already posted this at the post production section, but i'll do it in here as well because im desperate for some quick advice...

MFG
replies: 1 views: 530
MFG 15th February 2010

A lot of postings on gearslutz have to do with A/B comparisons for converters. We know all the usual suspects, and I believe...

Unknown soldier
replies: 4 views: 533
InTheBox 15th February 2010

Hey guys, no doubt some of you have heard the wonderful piano samples by Matt over at Imperfect Samples Imperfect Samples ® -...

virtualgeezer
replies: 29 views: 2,321
virtualgeezer 15th February 2010

I recently was given a Seck console. Trying to use Altec Lansing computer speakers. I pass signal thru the AL built-in audio...

rebar
replies: 1 views: 1,025
nedorama 15th February 2010

The more I get into production the more I realise how unimportant the technical stuff is relative to the simple requirement to...

ianzxcvb
replies: 45 views: 2,941
soundbarnfool 15th February 2010

Anyone know of a simple X-Y midi pad? I'd like something similar to the Kaoss pads, but without the flashy lights and...

moley
replies: 0 views: 4,355
moley 15th February 2010

In the scratching your head department. A Wii mote controlled virtual stompbox: Virtual guitar pedalboard interface Pretty...

LFO
replies: 0 views: 485
LFO 15th February 2010

I am looking for what the idea setup would be to record guitar and bass directly onto my laptop. Currently, I am using an EMU...

musicandme
replies: 2 views: 1,264
sidestepstudios 15th February 2010

If so, do you know of a place that rents mics?

dr_love6977
replies: 33 views: 1,933
digitrax 15th February 2010

They are about the same price. The Studer has more speeds and I am sure a more sophisticated deck, but what about the sound? I...

ktf
replies: 3 views: 879
abtech 15th February 2010

Been digging the Crooked Vultures CD & really love the guitar tones! Sounds like a lot of small amps & room mics. Just...

Ringwraith
replies: 8 views: 14,760
monkeyxx 15th February 2010

I know that this isnt gear related but just wondered if any of you could suggest some songs that feature a change of time...

dialectic
replies: 93 views: 34,190
aaeea 15th February 2010

Hi Fellow Slutz, I have a question for those of you living in expensive areas around the world... How have you managed to afford...

nbenford
replies: 13 views: 1,010
Mike Caffrey 15th February 2010

People tend to blame pirating for the problems in the music industry, but as this study shows, it's just one aspect of the...

MarsBot
replies: 113 views: 5,737
rufus13 15th February 2010

ARE THERE ANY GEARSLUTZ GUYS WHO HAVE ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING THAT WANT TO MAKE SOME CASH MONEY FOR BACKLINE RENTAL IN...

dbbubba
replies: 9 views: 1,445
Makinithappen 15th February 2010

So, i have an amp... from what i know, it was a DIY kit that my friend put together.... He used it in his professional production...

ianbryn11
replies: 3 views: 657
You_Father_Sky 15th February 2010

Im looking to buy a cheap bass guitar that has good pickups to be able to record with and produce a cd. I need something similar...

laserlife
replies: 19 views: 5,129
Xichael 15th February 2010

I've always had this question, I know that real-time is best used when you want to print reverbs and something that uses...

Alonso Contreras
replies: 8 views: 2,670
nept 15th February 2010

I want to get away from the beta 52 for an upcoming session and was wondering what I could do with a 2 mic combination.. What...

tomeford
replies: 10 views: 4,773
lynyrd 15th February 2010

HI, Anyone know how well Kramer's FX, plate reverb plugin sounds?

Coldsnow
replies: 0 views: 978
Coldsnow 15th February 2010

I found a few articles on here about recording techniques for upright bass, but they were aimed at jazz, rock, etc. I was looking...

neutronbomb
replies: 0 views: 4,386
neutronbomb 15th February 2010

Im trying to slip away from recording rap. Will record gospel rap tho. my question to you guys is how do a studio get into voice...

denlig
replies: 0 views: 448
denlig 15th February 2010

Hello all, I have a compressor (RNC) and 2 preamps and my 003 which I will be using all in pro tools. My problem is that how do...

damu22
replies: 0 views: 489
damu22 15th February 2010

Awesome news, isn't it. "The band is currently hart at work recording a full length CD at Electric Lady Studios in New...

Tom Hakala
replies: 4 views: 1,443
Dr. Mordo 15th February 2010

I'm just setting my new rack up and noticed that some of the gear has rubber feet at the bottom (e.g. the now rack-mounted...

MrVelvet
replies: 1 views: 528
Neenja 15th February 2010

Say you've made a "serious" EP, say four songs (4 minutes each). You turn them over to mastering, to someone else, say...

Sk106
replies: 20 views: 1,105
Snatchman 15th February 2010

So I'm looking for a unit with D/A that is able to switch between analog and digital inputs. The D-Box is at the top of my price...

drastic
replies: 18 views: 1,658
drastic 15th February 2010

I picked up a crown D75 to power my events with, and the guy who I bought it from had a set of the older (black cone) Tannoy...

twentyhertz
replies: 1 views: 704
twentyhertz 15th February 2010

Hi there Searched but couldn't get an answer? I fear I may have bought the wrong cables. The packaging does not give details. I...

zippsinc
replies: 6 views: 728
zippsinc 15th February 2010

On vocal tracks are there high frequencies that tend to sound amateurish that need to be tamed down? I read it somewhere, but I'm...

TBarrnes
replies: 5 views: 600
psycho_monkey 15th February 2010

I know the canned pitch about how easy it is to get a good vocal with a sm7b, in most users opinion, but I still relish the...

antoniosolo
replies: 12 views: 9,699
psycho_monkey 15th February 2010

Thats right, I'm still using API on drums and some guitars but my new preamps that I have tried time after time is in the Neve...

AllAboutTone
replies: 14 views: 1,533
norman_nomad 15th February 2010

I have a small project studio where I produce Pop, R&B, and electronica. My microphone is a TLM-103 and I use Apogee...

Dopamine
replies: 44 views: 6,776
fhames 14th February 2010

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search