The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hello there slutz! Today's topic, Drum mic phasing :) I've been reading alot about phasing drum mics, polarity reverse,...

Addni
replies: 29 views: 1,591
Sigma 3rd March 2010

I have a Presonus TUBEPre but dont like the way it sounds and want to upgrade. I plan on recording drums, would it be better to...

ronslaton
replies: 2 views: 737
chrysb93065 3rd March 2010

Never was. Never will be. Just a reminder.

slaphappy
replies: 143 views: 5,789
11413 3rd March 2010

I'm having trouble getting my PSX-100 and 002 to sync up when my sample rate is 88.2. In the past I hooked up spdif coax in and...

tnsngwtr
replies: 0 views: 471
tnsngwtr 3rd March 2010

What are you guys using to hold your guitar heads in the control room? I have 5 heads in the control room now and would like to...

drastic
replies: 6 views: 5,984
drastic 3rd March 2010

Anyone else here prefer preamps with stepped gain staging? I'm currently using vintage Neve 1272's, Great River 2NV's and FMR...

herecomesyourman
replies: 2 views: 1,054
pan60 3rd March 2010

So I just recieved my Transport 2 days ago. I hooked it up and I've been messing around with it for awhile now but I'm having...

ericedge
replies: 1 views: 491
ericedge 3rd March 2010

Can I use say protools analog input 17/18 and patch the aux send of my console as the send to go into a reverb plugin say tl...

Rick Carson
replies: 9 views: 876
nicpope 3rd March 2010

With all the discussions about the 500 series Modules, it is a surprise for me that nobody has noticed this yet (it's on the Buzz...

gianuz
replies: 57 views: 9,912
bourian 3rd March 2010
replies: 53 views: 16,650
leebridges 3rd March 2010

Software based? Have Reason 3 and Xpand, not good. Actually looking for that fat low octave bubble B3 in Rebelution's Felling...

replies: 2 views: 2,079
RasCricket 3rd March 2010

From what i have pieced together, the newer version is lighter and has less output gain. Does anyone have any hands on experience...

Bluemoa
replies: 0 views: 1,005
Bluemoa 3rd March 2010

I started a thread a short while back regarding some EQ choices. I am looking for a good 2ch EQ or 2 mono EQ's. I have narrowed...

C/G
replies: 11 views: 2,382
bourian 3rd March 2010

Blind listening test! Here are five mics on male vocals. Which do you prefer for basic listening pleasure? It's OK if you hate...

chillywilly
replies: 15 views: 1,285
jsbeeth 3rd March 2010

Hi all So I have a P-Bass with fralin pickups and flatwounds. Now i'm looking for a more forward sounding bass, for more...

utters
replies: 39 views: 2,540
Sean Sullivan 3rd March 2010

Hello GearSlutz, While mixing some volcals I had some strange feeling in my ears. It was a (nice) woman's vocal with lots of...

JeanDit
replies: 7 views: 950
JeanDit 3rd March 2010

Never thought I'd say this, I'm loving the flexibility of the m-audio interface for a small home studio. 1) I don't have to...

mrdosun
replies: 2 views: 570
damien907 3rd March 2010

i came to ruminate on the subject matter of the golden ears phenomenon due to being around a couple of audiophiles who spend a...

chai t
replies: 4 views: 577
joelpatterson 3rd March 2010

So - I'm using the AlexB Modern White Console and there are like 25 different choices - I'm not in front of it right now - but...

Johnkenn
replies: 2 views: 1,397
Johnkenn 3rd March 2010

Need a place to track an artist that I might work with in the future. Need no more then a 5 hour block. Looking for a good priced...

KBOY
replies: 7 views: 1,394
James_Edmunds 3rd March 2010

Hi, I'm looking for some advice on a problem that I have. I just got a Tascam msr-8track reel to reel machine, I also have 8 ins...

Spence.206
replies: 2 views: 1,257
Spence.206 3rd March 2010

can't find much info on this. I need a pre for electric guitars and drums. any thoughts? opinions?

Astro
replies: 3 views: 2,088
Doc Mixwell 3rd March 2010

Hey there, Can you guys explain it to me in more simple words than Bob Katz did in his mastering guide book how to callibrate my...

miroxp
replies: 0 views: 314
miroxp 3rd March 2010

Just wondering if any of you have both of these mics to compare. I'm interested in the Joly modded MXL V67g and his K47H...

John N
replies: 3 views: 1,129
John N 3rd March 2010

Hi guys new to the board. I was just wondering if an older Apogee power supply and A/D converter are worth anything? They are in...

Hextall 27
replies: 0 views: 624
Hextall 27 3rd March 2010
replies: 13 views: 2,083
olofd 3rd March 2010

I'm going to London in April and I'm wondering if there are some places that I can find used studio gear (microphones, etc.)? Or...

sat159p1
replies: 4 views: 1,401
chrisso 3rd March 2010

Hello All Just wanted to get any opinions... I am looking to get another pair of small active monitors that I can use as a backup...

BillPayer
replies: 1 views: 561
Jonathan Starr 2nd March 2010

I'm trying to help some young kids to track their songs for free and they are pretty decent. It's just that he can't groove to a...

Revmen
replies: 15 views: 3,665
glenn Taylor 2nd March 2010

Hi, I'm using an iMac and a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 and for some reason my Saffire has stopped working? I plugged in a jack...

Adlen
replies: 0 views: 1,023
Adlen 2nd March 2010

Can anyone recommend a professional, external sound card that will drive a 5.1 system (I'm looking at the BlueSky media desk) and...

memeories
replies: 7 views: 6,297
houseplant 2nd March 2010

Hi everybody. After about 1,5 years of lurking on this forum, I´ve finally delurked. Sorry that my first post here is a question...

ekkoarkitekt
replies: 11 views: 975
ekkoarkitekt 2nd March 2010

Hey guys, I know that this site is geared more towards recording, but I also know that there are a lot of live sound geeks here...

S.Filpansick
replies: 22 views: 9,226
nedorama 2nd March 2010

Hi, I'm doing a lot of travelling and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a pair of small/portable self powered...

everglass
replies: 9 views: 1,583
divingduck 2nd March 2010

I own the Presonus Firestudio and am looking to invest in a tube preamp an A/D converter and some other things that could help my...

Deleted User
replies: 1 views: 485
warhead 2nd March 2010

I'm buying a vox ac4tv8 tonight. The needed efx would be for recording purposes only. I have an Alesis midiverb 4 in my p.a. rack...

filthyrich
replies: 0 views: 950
filthyrich 2nd March 2010

Hey, I have a MAudio Profire 2626 and a Presonus Firepod. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them to both...

junomat
replies: 0 views: 475
junomat 2nd March 2010

My ex protégé, engineer William Spong was running PT for a film score session at Abbey Road engineered by my very good chum and...

Jules
replies: 47 views: 9,328
Multi-Monitors 2nd March 2010

Today is the anniversary of the Beatles Abbey Road cover photoshoot: BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Revisiting Abbey Road 40 years...

TC5
replies: 1 views: 644

Apparently, it's not for sale after all... PHEW!!!!

DanDaMan
replies: 14 views: 2,110

Check out these guys. I worked on their full length that will be out later this year. This is the pre release ep. Lots of...

theskycouldfly
replies: 2 views: 785
theskycouldfly 2nd March 2010

F**K Abbey Road

Dubai
replies: 239 views: 19,775
audioguynyc 2nd March 2010

You know what I'm talkin' about - thin vocals, acoustic guitars, kinda twangy - Blitzen Trapper, Avett Brothers, The Shins, The...

johnnybregar
replies: 5 views: 1,244
johnnybregar 2nd March 2010

Hey, I was thinking of moving up, so I was thinking something like a Dav. So, I started looking at an SCA rack to get the t15,...

rackdude
replies: 4 views: 1,701
toolate4roses 2nd March 2010

please help! I need more summing channels to go with my audient sumo but unfortunately it is discontinued. can i add something...

mrc
replies: 2 views: 1,005
mrc 2nd March 2010

Anyone using one of these? I've been thinking about getting one and sure would like to hear some thoughts on it. Thx Pete

tampa
replies: 5 views: 2,924
always_ending 2nd March 2010

I fixed this Neve console a while back and forgot the model. Typical tech, I just worried about tracing and NE5534...

prairiemystic
replies: 0 views: 678
prairiemystic 2nd March 2010

The studio I work at is upgrading. We currently have dynaudio's BM5's in 5 suites and genelec's 8040A's in two others. Looking...

Marvin01
replies: 0 views: 496
Marvin01 2nd March 2010

i dup'd the lead voc for parallel processing and its phasing with the original when i add plugs... normal? PT 8 Mac pro

jonnymac
replies: 4 views: 824
tommy lee 2nd March 2010

Could someone shed some light on this... Why doesn't my Portico 5043 accept a insert send/ret level from my desk? My Drawmer...

lloyd
replies: 8 views: 1,590
Oldone 2nd March 2010

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search