The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey all, Currently I'm running everything out of my PreSonus FireStudio Project into my M-Audio Bx5a's. I was thinking of...

dwarfpinball
replies: 1 views: 607
rkwyent 8th April 2010

Just a passing thought... mostly I just track myself on acoustic gtr or vox right in the same room where my studio/ music room...

John N
replies: 6 views: 987
Penny 8th April 2010

Have any of you guys tried one of those? They are 20 bit only... but...:eek:

jeronimo
replies: 16 views: 10,081
Anghello 8th April 2010

I am in the process of planning a new small project studio. Currently my monitors are the Yamaha MSP5s but they are too bright...

joesax
replies: 2 views: 1,326
joesax 8th April 2010

I hope this question hasn't been addressed, because I couldn't find quite what I was looking for. Say I want to use an effects...

D.Williams
replies: 12 views: 989
D.Williams 8th April 2010

from another thread: "the worst the singer, the more compression i use" bingo. Think Roger Waters (Pink Floyd)...

barry.b
replies: 50 views: 9,471
Mike Douaire 8th April 2010

Update 04/09/10: Console has been repaired and checked over. I'm testing the waters to see what type of interest I can get...

rajprods
replies: 3 views: 9,429
rajprods 8th April 2010

I'd like some external VU meters that I can place on my DAW output. Real meters, or LED's I don't really care as long as they are...

Saddle
replies: 8 views: 1,548
Saddle 8th April 2010

I bought a used Bogner Shiva on ebay and its got a pretty bad crackle. I attached a short clip. Anyone know this sound and what...

jbsg02
replies: 1 views: 558
jbsg02 8th April 2010

Although I respect Ethan Winer immensely, I have to disagree on this point... After watching his videos/reading his articles, he...

spencerc
replies: 86 views: 5,508
billyindonesia 8th April 2010

thumbsup What is the cool effect on his vocals during the verse (or at least the 1st verse)? How can I get that?...I'd like to...

Geddyleewannabe
replies: 31 views: 3,733
Hysteria 8th April 2010

Hey, who's taking on interns in the Boston metro area, inside the 495? I have a student asking me about 'the scene' as he's...

audiogeek
replies: 5 views: 649
audiogeek 8th April 2010

Looking for some advice on choosing an Active Monitor. I'm a keen guitarist, playing mostly progressive metal style and since...

proddy
replies: 5 views: 660
rty5150 8th April 2010

I want one. not a massivly clever spectrum anyliser plugin or phase corrolator, just a nice low cpu use vu meter that you find on...

aabbey1
replies: 4 views: 1,521
Obitheincredible 8th April 2010

i've been contemplating something for a while now.. i know the subject of external summing has been covered extensively on GS,...

jaye b
replies: 14 views: 2,077
Joel C 8th April 2010

Slash Album Trailer / Music Videos - Slash Online Slash, Ozzy, Lemmy, Fergie... Shure

Blast9
replies: 13 views: 2,082
Blast9 8th April 2010

Hey guys, I just recently got a ART Pro MPA II tube preamp, and I haven't had a chance to try it on vocals yet, but I thought I'd...

S.Filpansick
replies: 3 views: 2,759
S.Filpansick 8th April 2010

Hi everyone, I was looking at the l22 here, and was wondering how the ad / da converters would compare, for instance, to the...

bkspitfire
replies: 1 views: 758
Surbitone 8th April 2010

Hi guys, I did a search on this forum for this topic, but couldn't find much... I'm interested in learning how to mix bass...

Rockman
replies: 60 views: 25,021
polf 8th April 2010

I´m in a session right now, recording a metalband playing in the style of Meshuggah - very raw, heavy and downtuned. We laid...

mr jkn
replies: 16 views: 2,363
Frisbieinstein 8th April 2010

Have any of you on occasion put your drum tracks on solo, and blasted them out of your monitors, recording the result with a mic...

coyotekells
replies: 9 views: 1,571
coyotekells 8th April 2010

What is the sonic difference between the yamaha custom stage vs the custom stage advantage. I know the advantage has a 3rd wood...

skiroy
replies: 0 views: 542
skiroy 8th April 2010

In my seemingly endless contemplation of sdc mics I've found a new entry: Charter Oaks m900. It's a modular type mic with an...

resound
replies: 7 views: 3,102
arasandvolodkas 8th April 2010

I do recording, just built a new studio, and I just started collecting analog mastering gear. I often cruize pawn shops, thrift...

WAVERUNNER
replies: 2 views: 2,100
WAVERUNNER 8th April 2010

hey, just wondering if you might be able to help me out... I have a pro tools HD1 system with a 96i/o and just got an apogee...

TheNewUnknown
replies: 0 views: 444
TheNewUnknown 8th April 2010

Hi guys - I just got a Tascam DVRA 1000HD to use as a mixdown deck for my otherwise all analog studio. I'll preface my question...

mikecorwin
replies: 8 views: 1,242
mikecorwin 8th April 2010

anyone know where i can find some glow in the dark TT patch cables?

MX582
replies: 4 views: 1,409
Keystone 8th April 2010

Shure has announced that the price of the SM7B will increase in response to overwhelming demand and recent changes in currencies...

lagavulin16
replies: 3 views: 1,362
Vum 8th April 2010

I have $1500 to spend. Current chain is: Bock U195, Jolly moded 319 (2), Jolly moded SDC, typical dynamics API 512c (2) lunch...

persyna
replies: 8 views: 581
persyna 8th April 2010

I have an MCI JH-24 and it's in dire need of a calibration. Apparently when you do it once, you should be good for a pretty long...

Soundmanluke
replies: 3 views: 516
Soundmanluke 8th April 2010

The green light is on but there is no sound. I think it is blown. Is this a easy fix that anyone can do or is it a must to return...

BigAl
replies: 8 views: 2,194
BigAl 8th April 2010

Has anyone used the Focal CMS monitors with Primacoustic Recoil Stabilizers? If so, my question is: Is it better to mount the...

Ander
replies: 9 views: 1,852
Ander 8th April 2010

Hello all, Okay....Here's my thought process: (First of all, I'm from the analog summing camp, so people who think that ITB...

kbshearer
replies: 3 views: 810
kbshearer 8th April 2010

Has anyone tried the VF14EF solid state replacement for Telefunken VF14M by Andreas Grosser ? This is a clever solid state...

jvancorduroy
replies: 0 views: 1,204
jvancorduroy 8th April 2010

Hey any who does regular business with EW/QL or knows someone there, or anything can you please PM me, I have a question.. It be...

Realziment
replies: 0 views: 576
Realziment 8th April 2010

I'm looking for the best bang for the buck in my home studio. My old, cheap Samson amp is on its last legs so I need to do...

Jay M
replies: 0 views: 1,196
Jay M 8th April 2010

This is a question for the guys/gals in LA and NYC. What are some of the trends and gears you guys have been seeing/using around...

audiostout
replies: 1 views: 797
kittonian 7th April 2010

so im getting down to mix time and mostly used amp sims and then i got a marshall combo for free and decided hell i should put...

mattg082
replies: 5 views: 831
Surbitone 7th April 2010

So yes, as the title says, I switched my monitors / recording setup positioning a bit. I moved my whole set up to center my...

RARStudios
replies: 1 views: 691
Aisle 6 7th April 2010

Starting from scratch, down to bare white walls and ripped out the carpeting. The room is 11X12, so I can't make it too dark,...

FFTT
replies: 82 views: 25,509
FFTT 7th April 2010

i have an amek big 44 and am trying to get the automation software installed on my pc (compatible according to specs). the...

analogdiesel
replies: 2 views: 691
tubeaudiofan 7th April 2010

I can only use Direct X plugins with Audition 1. Can you suggest a good wrapper please. Free or low cost would be great, but...

PEImatrix
replies: 0 views: 1,475
PEImatrix 7th April 2010

I have this vocal track I have to edit before I can mix the song. I don't know how this happened or who recorded it but there...

ryst
replies: 13 views: 903
bigdoghat 7th April 2010

Engineers/Producers, FLUX is expanding and a couple of very nice rooms are becoming available (Probably May 1st) You can view...

FluxStudiosNYC
replies: 0 views: 488
FluxStudiosNYC 7th April 2010

So I was wondering how much the 96 I/O influences my mixes. I don't record through the 96 I/O. I get wav files from clients that...

InTheBox
replies: 7 views: 668
InTheBox 7th April 2010

opinions, please, re this little box that mere mortals can actually afford (I have no connection to this product or seller at all...

wshaw
replies: 31 views: 6,675
carllock 7th April 2010

I record in Daw, mix with hardware and then sum analog as a general rule. I also do a lot of my own "mastering". ...

paul999
replies: 33 views: 1,850
thethrillfactor 7th April 2010

Im looking for a great plate reverb. I have heard the UAD Plate 140 is the dogs, but refuse to buy the solo laptop card as you...

aabbey1
replies: 12 views: 8,103
Mike Brown 7th April 2010

I just got an AK47 this weekend... I've tried it on male vox, clean guitar and some VO, using a Grace 201 and an Avalon 747 to...

jseelye02
replies: 16 views: 2,298
Fletcher 7th April 2010

Hi all, Hoping for some recommendations on any powerful laptops in the £1000-1500 range from 2010. Willing to go up if really...

wcb123
replies: 12 views: 6,883
Deleted User #106149 7th April 2010

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search