The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I just picked this up last night. I have to say this is a very good sounding album. Mixed well and a great performance by Michael...

HIGHENDONLY
replies: 64 views: 12,460
@¶,*ƒƒƒ&™ 9th April 2010

Ok, so I'm sitting here watching AI (which I don't really like to do that often) and I'm getting sooooooo frustrated. The...

replies: 61 views: 3,600
AllAboutTone 9th April 2010

I'm assembling some gear to record the band this summer, and need to find the right vocal mic. The singer has a voice similar to...

aj633
replies: 15 views: 1,421
baskervils 9th April 2010

I love this track and it sounds great. Tried searching everywhere for some info but found none. <object width="480"...

mbradzick
replies: 6 views: 762
mbradzick 9th April 2010

Dear Slutz, SSL invites you to two events in Athens at ‘SAE’ and ‘Studio Kyriazis’.The events will include a hands on...

damienSSL
replies: 0 views: 906
damienSSL 9th April 2010

Has anyone tried the Sennheiser 965 large diaphram handheld vocal mic? It looks like it would be an excellent vocal mic.

Bob Vinsick
replies: 2 views: 761
Skidz 9th April 2010

Hi, I have a M80 and a Digimax and generally prefer the M80 (specially for drums and vocals) but today I tested a Ribbon mic...

Fhl
replies: 14 views: 3,191
Fhl 9th April 2010

Apparently they are back in the studio, anyone know whose working on the new record?

dave_ocean
replies: 0 views: 916
dave_ocean 9th April 2010

In a recent session I tracked a band using a digital piano with the intention of overdubbing it with a grand at another studio,...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 17 views: 6,567
loopy 9th April 2010

Need - Someone with Sound Blaster Card As part of a GS shootout I need someone to run a multi tracked session thru a Sound...

Kenny Gioia
replies: 9 views: 981
Glenn Kuras 9th April 2010

Hi A while back we went to a studio and tracked a load of 'live' songs, alll without a click, into ProTools HD. I was given the...

The Beatsmith
replies: 2 views: 1,562
The Beatsmith 9th April 2010

Fretless bass in a folksy ballad, taken direct: would you use compression? If so, what kind (la2a style, 1176 style, dbx style,...

wildplum
replies: 4 views: 2,349
roger 9th April 2010

I need to replace the piece of fabric inside a microphone (50´s EV Cardyne 1). Is there a type of fabric which is used in mics...

Ronski
replies: 1 views: 691
John Willett 9th April 2010

Yes, there are tons of threads on Parallel compression which I've been reading for the last few hours. However, my question is...

BrandRecordingCo
replies: 3 views: 1,689
guges 9th April 2010

i've never been sucessful in bringing a tamburine to the front in a mix. i am speaking of a retro big, fat sounding, promiment...

zinzin
replies: 21 views: 1,512
lematrix 9th April 2010

Just listened to the title track of his recent release - has anybody an idea what effect they used on the banjo (great to hear...

MrVelvet
replies: 12 views: 2,286
Stiff 9th April 2010

Anyone have a ISA 428 recall sheet?

jrtme
replies: 3 views: 1,167
Andy-Focusrite 9th April 2010

So I've got a Fireface 800 which is stable and OK, but a bit hazy on the highs (IMHO). I'd like to upgrade it to something...

Bond
replies: 0 views: 546
Bond 9th April 2010

Hello, All, I'm thinking of buying a pair of MM27's as I was blown away after hearing them at another studio, and I'm a bit...

Sonicboom74
replies: 4 views: 933
feck 9th April 2010

Does anyone know of a product like Massey DTM to convert drums to midi info? I have been wanting to supplement a natural kit with...

Drywsef
replies: 2 views: 639
bgomez15 9th April 2010

they just started this tour and had a good 'view on Carson Daly show--lots of neat concepts, some interesting revenue ideas and...

natpub
replies: 0 views: 673
natpub 9th April 2010

1IvkE6WXiwQ ... and the press release StoneTemplePilots | STONE TEMPLE PILOTS DEBUT NEW ALBUM - Spin.com

Blast9
replies: 30 views: 3,688
soundrick 9th April 2010

Because you learn from them and get new ideas later ^_^. YAY FOR LEARNING. thumbsup

AstralPStudios
replies: 9 views: 736
Hammyham 9th April 2010

Hi, I want to buy a DI for recording electric guitar (passive pickups) directly into my audio interface. For convenience, I plan...

compusic
replies: 19 views: 3,808
compusic 9th April 2010

So what's the deal here? I take it the JH-24 records with a NAB curve as it is an American machine and there's no iec/nab...

Outlaw Hans
replies: 2 views: 1,396
cjmnash 9th April 2010

i've got a chance to pick one of these up for a decent price....$550 usd... no case....bah! anyone have experiance with these...

r0ck1r0ck2
replies: 5 views: 8,721
blesscurse 9th April 2010

Okay. I'd like to have the definitive thread about the definitive interface option for native Pro Tools users. IMO the best...

one4peace4all
replies: 12 views: 2,403
libertine 9th April 2010

Most of what I record is up tempo metal, rock and punk bands, so i've always recorded guitar as dry as possible to keep the...

che_guitarra
replies: 3 views: 661
bbgallaway 9th April 2010

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie"...

drmmrboy
replies: 1 views: 491
Makinithappen 9th April 2010

I just noticed on sweetwater that the MC Control is 400 less now anyone know if this is a sale or permanent?? Euphonix MC...

trock
replies: 3 views: 609
trock 9th April 2010

I just realized that my vocal quality went downhill after I upgraded from the MBox 1 and AT4033a to the Digi 003 Rack and Blue...

AZad
replies: 0 views: 1,110
AZad 9th April 2010

I am looking to buy a new computer or laptop for recording music. I won't be doing this professionally but at the same time want...

ruanddu
replies: 53 views: 3,560
cjogo 9th April 2010

Is there any real difference between clocking with Wordclock or using the clock that goes along with Lightpipe? If I have...

quartermoonpro
replies: 0 views: 576
quartermoonpro 8th April 2010

I have a Fender Deville 212, normally a 4 ohm amp, but can be switched to 2ohm if you hook up another cab to it in parallel with...

sflorick
replies: 0 views: 628
sflorick 8th April 2010

I do voiceover for radio and television commercials using a Lawson L-47 & A Designs P1, record onto an Otari 5050, dub voice...

George Michael
replies: 1 views: 1,298
pan60 8th April 2010

Earthquake in Baja this afternoon. 7.2 Magnatude wworriedwworried I was sitting in the studio and was setting up for a drum...

drBill
replies: 27 views: 1,350
pan60 8th April 2010

Hey guys I've had a search through the forum, but I cant seem to find out the ins and outs of using balanced and unbalanced gear...

FullRinse
replies: 7 views: 1,850
Weirwood 8th April 2010

Forgive me for my laziness. I'm making the move to an Intel Mac and Pro Tools 8. I've been trying to figure out what I will need...

Keith Moore
replies: 3 views: 1,395
Keith Moore 8th April 2010

Hi! What is the rationale behind putting heat shrinks where the outer sheath of snake cables are cut? Is it just for the looks...

johnsmith1261
replies: 4 views: 1,271
johnsmith1261 8th April 2010

I thought of this because I'm recording a large quantity of voice over auditions per day at the moment. And without realising I...

juicylime
replies: 196 views: 9,729
ElMosca 8th April 2010

I have an Impulse response sweep that I took of a room, and I can't for life of me get it converted to a usable file for...

K. Evan Hodge IV
replies: 2 views: 664
K. Evan Hodge IV 8th April 2010

I'm going to suck up my pride and ask... -"What is compression?" -"Why is it so important?" -"How...

joshuarlyon
replies: 14 views: 3,477
Dean Roddey 8th April 2010

Hey! I'm just wondering whether there is a way to solve any jitter problem that might occur if my outboard would be running at...

Valdyr
replies: 3 views: 655
rcb4t2 8th April 2010

I did a favor for a friend the other night. He is a promoter for hardcore techno parties and wanted me to record the night for...

R3alsp33dy0ne
replies: 5 views: 1,674
elginchris 8th April 2010

I've got a band coming in for the morning TV show and they have background sequences and tracks on an Iphone. Normally I'd just...

EV676
replies: 2 views: 897
TehGuitarist 8th April 2010

YouTube - "Bend It Like Bender!" - The Devin Townsend Project

magus888
replies: 30 views: 2,125
Darm 8th April 2010

so.. I have a converter (great :) ).. and I have analog gear. I connect the gear directly to the converter. output impedance...

George Necola
replies: 4 views: 1,003
Ethan Winer 8th April 2010

So I've been looking for a vintage console (rca gates etc) and im thinking about all the problems inherent in these and jsut dont...

reeserichardson
replies: 1 views: 4,314
vincentvangogo 8th April 2010

Only just heard this today (I'm probably late to the party!) but Spotify have started offering 320kbps streaming to premium...

blacklight_uk
replies: 0 views: 1,389
blacklight_uk 8th April 2010

Hello everybody! I'm new here... I just got a vintage c12! No words to say how it sounds, expecially with my BAE 1073 EQ. Here...

cate
replies: 18 views: 1,643
cate 8th April 2010

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search