The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Last week I sent out my Neumann KM64 to Peter at Drefahlaudio (Germany) to have it checked out and for a new power supply. He got...

Jamie Mac
replies: 5 views: 1,251
digitalM 1st May 2010

hiya, i am after some decent monitors for recording some Christian rock music (basically hill songs) but i do record some...

aaron_mky
replies: 19 views: 1,753
aaron_mky 1st May 2010

I've got a decent collection of high-end outboard, and it's growing pretty steadily. At the moment, I tend to avoid plugins...

dpianomn
replies: 27 views: 3,510
billyindonesia 1st May 2010

So I finally hooked up my super modified/restored vintage The Fisher receiver with the modded Kefs last night to do some critical...

skythemusic
replies: 27 views: 3,876
Steffmo 1st May 2010

Hello, My associate and I are upgrading to better A/D D/A converters. As a whole, why is Apogee so much more expensive than...

Evenyre
replies: 1 views: 564
Tranny-Cap-Tube 1st May 2010

Hey guys, What I mean is how much work is done out there simply by the artist or label sending you a session to mix in your own...

BrandRecordingCo
replies: 6 views: 1,100
dbbubba 1st May 2010

if you have one and a paypal or ebay account............i would like to pay a fair used price before the wekk is...

bkguitar1
replies: 0 views: 494
bkguitar1 1st May 2010

Besides listening to a mix on several different sources and at several different levels are there any other tricks that can help...

dysenterygary
replies: 35 views: 2,077
The Big M 1st May 2010

Which way is much more valid: 1. Mixing ITB inside Logic 9 at 96kHz clocking from Mytek 96ADC. 2. Mixing OTB through Yamaha...

Mr. Bars
replies: 5 views: 1,765
Mr. Bars 1st May 2010

Looking to get an external harddrive to store my sample libraries on and take the load off my internal HDD (as its been...

the_grimace
replies: 2 views: 1,622
k. bright 1st May 2010

For snare bottom. genre-Modern rock Current set up Beyer m201 with sm98 taped to it for the snare top.

Nu-tra
replies: 14 views: 2,034
DrFrankencopter 1st May 2010

So, my band will be gearing up to record an EP within the next month, and I'm trying to decide how to track the drums. We're...

Hazer
replies: 1 views: 525
DrFrankencopter 1st May 2010

Hey, I was wondering what all this talk means, Like when someone says I will carve a hole in the bass so the kick can pull...

LiveLife
replies: 8 views: 1,278
BrandRecordingCo 1st May 2010

SORRY - track now posted.... listen here = http://files.me.com/dominichoenig/cxiybk.wav Hello - here's a track i've just...

dominic hoenig
replies: 4 views: 1,236
dominic hoenig 1st May 2010

Hi everyone, Curious about paint fumes and their effect on gear. If your painting a studio, would it be bad to leave the gear...

cgraye
replies: 6 views: 968
Papanate 1st May 2010

Seems like the ultimate piece of gear to own. I'm definitely getting one of these. YouTube - Turbo Encabulator

zephonic
replies: 1 views: 553
Washington 1st May 2010

I'm not sure if this is the proper forum, but thought some others may find this stop-motion video of this NYC studio being...

DMA_NYC
replies: 4 views: 689
Dean Landon 1st May 2010

My mid sized studio in Manhattan (link below) is on fire this year after a slow autumn, which is normally mental season leading...

relaxo
replies: 2 views: 562
psycho_monkey 1st May 2010

Hi all, Is there any validity to the claims from Digidesign, WavesPRS, and/or MOTU that their various high impedance gadgets for...

thefunkystrummer
replies: 3 views: 1,494
daniel c 30th April 2010

What do you guys think about this? M-Audio's BX8A's are equal to the NS10's for their time. I know some people have said that...

WAVERUNNER
replies: 11 views: 1,285
Niallerrity 30th April 2010

I'm an aspiring studio engineer with a job interview/trial session on Tuesday. It's for a freelance position with the first gig...

voodoochild1183
replies: 9 views: 744
chrysb93065 30th April 2010

Hi, I received a drums session from a french studio. And I've Hi-Hat and "Feuille". What is "Feuille"?? Is...

Sonik31
replies: 22 views: 1,154
riteup3 30th April 2010

Finished a mix that I was rather proud of. was punchy, had clarity was overall a very fine mix. Got it mAstered and right away...

jumbo
replies: 15 views: 2,823
George Necola 30th April 2010

So I'm recording a kazoo, nothing crazy & pretty self explanatory. But what kind of specific mic would you suggest using to...

replies: 0 views: 658
80425 30th April 2010

Has anybody ever used their repair services? They say they're experienced with vintage there, and I want somebody to take a look...

miksirhc
replies: 5 views: 793
SHIRK 30th April 2010

Hey, I wanted to try out the Burl Converters and a pair of there preamps, but i was wondering if anyone could give me direction...

excuseme
replies: 2 views: 1,290
RobertRyda 30th April 2010

Quick question: Can the MOTIF XS rack be used as a multi-FX insert/send/return setup? I just want to use the XS as an effects...

BenCharles82
replies: 2 views: 463
BenCharles82 30th April 2010

we recorded the drums with a 57 on snare, d112 deep in the kick, tlm49 above & to the side of the floor tom and a coles 4038...

dabigfrog
replies: 4 views: 695
dabigfrog 30th April 2010

Any idea when this is being released?

dave_ocean
replies: 13 views: 3,326
dambro2 30th April 2010

I understand that it is better to set the recording to 24bit/96hz to get the best possible recording qualitywhen recording using...

ambertape
replies: 0 views: 2,121
ambertape 30th April 2010

So here i am torn between whether to get the ssl bundle or make my own bundle which would consist of the cla-76, cla-2a, and...

Scott Mix
replies: 1 views: 548
Scott Mix 30th April 2010

ok i found out about this remix comp literally 24 hours before the deadline for submission. went on a mad one with a bucket...

walsh350
replies: 3 views: 984
walsh350 30th April 2010

I mean for a typical band, 4-6 musicians. Is it gear limited? Would you run more if you had more capability? Just curious.

Shiny Beast
replies: 34 views: 2,019
Sean Sullivan 30th April 2010

Hi guys! If you have to choose only from one option and ONLY sounds is in consideration. What do you think will give you more...

Fuel
replies: 29 views: 9,090
Titans55 30th April 2010

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out the best way to set up my Behringer Powerplay HA4700 headphone amp with my Motu 8pre....

wjfreeman
replies: 3 views: 2,123
Studiodawg 30th April 2010

Has anyone had better sonic results using the same company across your i/o versus using different converter companies? say...

LMS
replies: 3 views: 613
kittonian 30th April 2010

hello hello, I just found 3 shure sm77, they look like 57's but smaller. I just tested them and I dig their sound. There is...

the dice
replies: 8 views: 8,697
Puffer Fish 30th April 2010

Hi all, Well after 18 years in the beautiful south of France. I have decided to make a move. I am moving back to the UK,...

valthesoundman
replies: 6 views: 827
8BallProductions 30th April 2010

A studio that i'm thinking of doing some summing / mixing at has an SSL 4000 (not sure what model), but to me its just some big...

echoclerk
replies: 4 views: 2,946
psycho_monkey 30th April 2010

How do these converters compare? They both have the ADAT I/O I need. The Tango appears ti be fairly old design and I'm wondering...

John N
replies: 2 views: 778
John N 30th April 2010

Before all the zeros and ones, what did the big studios use to record? I've heard "back in the days of Sony 2"...

rcook349
replies: 59 views: 8,097
chrisdee 30th April 2010

I'm checking out a sig mod (specifically a "god mod," personal bla rig) right now, along with lynx aurora, and I'm...

jimmydeluxe
replies: 0 views: 516
jimmydeluxe 30th April 2010

As far as recording (professionally), what is the best (audiophilist) way/device to get certain electric instruments (bass...

Infa
replies: 9 views: 1,280
Johnny Favorite 30th April 2010

Hi So I currently have a Digi 003 factory and am running pro tools on an iMac G5. I dont have any external pres or fx either. I...

trentwilliams
replies: 2 views: 671
trentwilliams 30th April 2010

The acoustic bass seems like an odd and somewhat scarcely used instrument. I happen to love them though! Any suggestions on one...

SynthLine09
replies: 0 views: 429
SynthLine09 30th April 2010

I have two of the Electro Harmonix Ribbon mics and I love them. I'm surprised that there isn't a lot more talk of these (or the...

Soundmanluke
replies: 4 views: 3,137
Stiff 30th April 2010

:facepalm:

Gearhero
replies: 5 views: 661
TonyBelmont 30th April 2010

We do voiceover. I never though the cabling here was too bad. It's not exactly high end though. We used Van Damme for all the...

Bond
replies: 6 views: 8,294
James Lehmann 30th April 2010

Help build my signal chain... 16 d/a channels directly driving the board... The Venice has 4 subgroups which gives me two...

once a roadie
replies: 1 views: 671
MicDaddy 30th April 2010

Got some new racks...and don't have it quite filled up yet. Any cool looking rack filler...lights and knobs etc. I saw the funk...

indie
replies: 11 views: 4,162
pan60 30th April 2010

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search