The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

just picked up a used Oktava mk012 and am loving it on my acoustic - far better for me than my Senn e914. So I'm temped to sell...

John N
replies: 0 views: 1,788
John N 9th May 2010

I'm tired of handing out CDs of rough mixes at the end of the night. Sure CDs are cheap, but it's more of a service. So...do you...

m_gant
replies: 29 views: 1,206
Eganmedia 9th May 2010

So I've got the electronica portion of my rig figured out . . . but there are some sounds that I want in more of the...

subby33
replies: 20 views: 1,548
subby33 9th May 2010

I was going to post a general question a few weeks ago about this song & now I see the man responsible for recording it posts...

Ringwraith
replies: 0 views: 658
Ringwraith 9th May 2010

Hello I just got a 1176 blackface and sounds great but I hear that the release and atack when I move these knobs I feel the...

Johnny Paez
replies: 1 views: 812
hazelmossobrien 9th May 2010

Hello All, We were all saddened by the recent events and losses in Music City USA. Along with the many charitable...

Time Tech
replies: 0 views: 1,202
Time Tech 9th May 2010

Unfortunately, the booklet doesn't tell about the mastering... Love the overall sound. Any idea who was responsible for the...

MrVelvet
replies: 0 views: 682
MrVelvet 9th May 2010

I was looking at the Sennheiser HD 280 PROs for the headphones any opinions on it? and thats 100$ any good HP amps out there for...

jstahley
replies: 5 views: 1,590
jstahley 9th May 2010

I am at a loss. I have DPA 4060 that I really like on acoustic guitar... Here is the weird thing. When I patch it into my 500...

rattledaddy
replies: 0 views: 711
rattledaddy 9th May 2010

This is the most amazing compressor I have used and have only dreamed of even using a distressor. I am blown away by this thing...

Rredline
replies: 115 views: 44,432
u b k 9th May 2010

Has anyone heard these two pickups and can compare them? Is one more brighter or vintage sounding?

skiroy
replies: 7 views: 3,484
skiroy 9th May 2010

Hi all. I have recently bought some new gear to start working on music again. But I think I have screwed up something. I am...

SOLA
replies: 17 views: 1,429
SOLA 9th May 2010

I have done search and see no thread about this. I currently have a 521c pre amp, and have been thinking about get a Buzz...

SOLA
replies: 4 views: 2,086
PlugHead 8th May 2010

Attached is a short sample of a vox recording I just did. The recording chain is simple: Quiet Room (less than NC20) RE-20 FMR...

Jabbaz
replies: 10 views: 1,078
Jabbaz 8th May 2010

This question is for people who have used both pres for an drum overhead application. I'm in the market for a lunch box with...

DeyBwah
replies: 24 views: 3,894
Nu-tra 8th May 2010

Just wanted to share it with you guys. YouTube compression = poop. If you watch in HD it keeps some of the freqs intact. A lot...

awakened
replies: 16 views: 1,025
private_stock 8th May 2010

HI this is my first post. I am using an xpander with voice software 1.2 and a prophet vs keyboard in a midi setup with an...

KorgPS
replies: 2 views: 580
Liquid360 8th May 2010

I remember when they had this setting that sounded kind of like an acoustic simulator, but more "chimey."It's also very...

Horking My Lunch
replies: 0 views: 734
Horking My Lunch 8th May 2010

Anyone tried these yet? I just got 2 of their cables and Ill start by saying that I am a musician first and I go by what sounds...

RTR
replies: 2 views: 885
RTR 8th May 2010

So when you guys track what is the MO?Methods? Slight compression? Filter out the subs? Add a bit of top end? What do you guys...

Beastie
replies: 15 views: 823
vernier 8th May 2010

I checked gearslutz but couldn't find anything comparing these two pres. I own an apogee ensemble and find the pres on there to...

Sophroneo
replies: 22 views: 3,875
Baz 8th May 2010

interesting article. Uncovering where Neutral Milk Hotel he invented the kindle? lol

JFOC
replies: 2 views: 685
fanriffic 8th May 2010

I'm recording drums and guitar for a project I'm doing and I need some advice in the best way to record them. I will be using a...

Lights Out Asia
replies: 5 views: 1,093
Lights Out Asia 8th May 2010

im not finding a good software compressor. i cant find a software compressor that sounds "pro" i guess would be the...

gsilbers
replies: 21 views: 2,210
theblue1 8th May 2010

I need to get a larger rack. Right now I have a 12 space but need 20 space rack. Is there a way for me to add another rack on...

Reel2Reel
replies: 2 views: 696
goobersezhey 8th May 2010

Forgive me for starting a new thread similar to the HD Native thread, but I didn't want this to get lost in the absurd Avid...

Steffmo
replies: 30 views: 2,837
theblue1 8th May 2010

I have a Mackie 1604 VLZ-Pro and was wondering if I could use it for PC recording if I could find a interface to plug into that...

ruanddu
replies: 14 views: 8,370
ruanddu 8th May 2010

Hi guys I just hooked up all the equipment to my shiny new Redco DB25 patchbay. Now everything is cool and flexible as never,...

vibralux
replies: 10 views: 1,075
Johnny Paez 8th May 2010

So I finally tried to do some recording with multitrack with The ZED R16 and logic. It seems after trying to record a few tracks...

echo44
replies: 3 views: 2,431
routine 8th May 2010

is that a beyer m88 i see? i recently started a thread about the best guitar amp mic for around $400, and it seemed the m88,...

vanguard
replies: 7 views: 1,216
vanguard 8th May 2010

I mix almost entirely ITB and as a result use large amounts of plug ins. I often encounter various issues because I am running LE...

OceanMan
replies: 6 views: 799
psycho_monkey 8th May 2010

I just got a Gefell UM92.1s here, but it is lacking a manual. (I can't find a .pdf on their site, so perhaps there isn't one...

radiospace
replies: 1 views: 833
lm66 8th May 2010

Guys I am totally crazy I tried it all.. All 808 Generators. All sort of eq. Compressors tape emulation.. I just cant get such...

makasi
replies: 24 views: 2,156
deegodbe 8th May 2010

Looking for some advice on removing the harshness in the HF region of a vocal. It sounds almost like distortion, not pleasant at...

blacklight_uk
replies: 15 views: 7,156
rcb4t2 8th May 2010

So I was in a session and noticed the engineer would continually stop the tracking session every so often after a rough take, and...

centerauctions
replies: 17 views: 4,011
marcus 8th May 2010

The song 'Chemicals', there's a cool guitar solo that almost sounds like it was sampled and then they've added feedback here and...

Amber
replies: 3 views: 2,296
Dove 8th May 2010

So.... let me have it... I am not talking about their low end mics... just the 4047 and on up to the 4060 ( I think...) Whats...

PRS1JAZZ
replies: 85 views: 13,582
studjo 8th May 2010

Hello peeps, I'm trying to find some info on how the Ramones recorded, but with very(none) little result. Anyone with some info...

Literecordings
replies: 0 views: 712
Literecordings 8th May 2010

I saw that Alan Parsons gives a shout out to the lowly AT4033. I second! This mic's a real sleeper. Versatile-- I've used my pair...

Shiny Beast
replies: 22 views: 2,530
monkeyxx 8th May 2010

So....a couple guys and myself just started a home studio, Robot Envy Studios (MySpace.com - Robot Envy Studios - BERKELEY,...

metrognome
replies: 7 views: 6,108
joeq 8th May 2010

hei guys, they need all the help they can get. Blow it out your amp! - Creation Audio Labs

George Necola
replies: 26 views: 5,270
[email protected] 8th May 2010

I have a few virtual synths - Arturia Jupiter-8, minimoog, etc. and they just sound so digital and brittle. There's no way I can...

Jakeman1086
replies: 9 views: 990
Liquid360 8th May 2010

how ya'll doin? arg... scary stuff. thoughts & prayers... At least 11 dead as record flooding engulfs Tennessee - CNN.com

rack gear
replies: 36 views: 5,356
popmann 8th May 2010

Here is the problem: i record heavy guitars.. They sound fine at normal mix levels. I push the whole mix for homemade mastering....

George Necola
replies: 10 views: 1,888
Slipperman 8th May 2010

I’ve been asked to become involved in a couple of different projects (different for me), modern alt rock kind of stuff, where...

wildplum
replies: 2 views: 826
bbgallaway 8th May 2010

If you got caught up in flood water and haven't had a recent tetanus shot , please read further: The Metro Public Health is...

jitterybit
replies: 2 views: 2,649
ddageek 8th May 2010

...$25 to the Middle Tennessee Red Cross and challenge every member of this board to do the same!

pdlstl
replies: 14 views: 1,454
ddageek 8th May 2010

Tired of my ns10, want to buy a better nearfield, please anybody tell me why proacs are so damn good ? (proac users) or better...

reflixtinian
replies: 0 views: 825
reflixtinian 8th May 2010

Heh, this is kinda droll heh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ljFfL-mL70&feature=player_embedded

Baz
replies: 6 views: 765
private_stock 8th May 2010

Hey guys, Obviously there is no right or wrong answer, but I'm wondering how many of you work in live sound for big concerts,...

BrandRecordingCo
replies: 11 views: 8,536
TRJanuary 8th May 2010

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search