The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I have an Extension for MV691/2 Bodies called RFT ST72. What is it for, is it a filter, +48, reducing signal etc etc ? I...

audioshark
replies: 3 views: 976
audioshark 24th May 2010

I have a budget of about $2700 for some monitors and was thinking about the following scenarios. Some mid fields for mixing...

kickinthedoors
replies: 5 views: 1,163
garryrobson 24th May 2010

I have not been there, done that and wore the t-shirt but I've always been a big fan of 50's guitar sounds. Been trying to...

Deltones
replies: 52 views: 6,335
John Eppstein 24th May 2010

Im looking for an A/D Converter that adds a special sryupy gooo to a signal. I'm not looking for something super transparent. I...

BlueFire
replies: 50 views: 2,474
BlueFire 24th May 2010

I just picked up an old Akai GX-4000D 1/4" reel-to-reel at a yard sale. $50. Immaculate condition. I don't think the...

heavyrocks
replies: 2 views: 735
Blewgrass 24th May 2010

My Opals arrived a few days ago and whilst helping them out of their packaging, I whipped out the camera so all of you Sluts...

Syncamorea
replies: 8 views: 2,218
kana813 24th May 2010

Ok, Heres a challenge. You have $15,000 gear budget to build a basic home studio for tracking. Assume acoustic treatment is...

thewood
replies: 0 views: 548
thewood 24th May 2010

Hey guys Hows everyone doing - I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if there would be any big benefits to an...

FreedomPioneer
replies: 13 views: 1,276
Teddy Ray 24th May 2010

Somebody was joking about autotune and said something like "what's next, a synth that can just sing for you?" Well,...

arkmabat
replies: 0 views: 551
arkmabat 24th May 2010

For the last several years, I keep seeing talk about komplete 6, and people keep recommending it to me to buy. I use my home...

the_grimace
replies: 5 views: 1,377
rkopald 24th May 2010

I'm hoping to gain some insight into how people go about recording multiple takes of drums and compiling them into one good...

kettles
replies: 2 views: 1,842
musicianof1 24th May 2010

Heya, What are peoples thoughts on the drum sounds on this song.. Any thoughts on how Mutt got that huge drum sound... ? ...

thewood
replies: 0 views: 878
thewood 24th May 2010

My music is sort of garage rock. I'm having a hard time finding a pre that captures my rude, raw, ugly tube amp sound. I'm more...

Toobs
replies: 29 views: 1,331
Toobs 24th May 2010

this has happened to me a few times in my career..and now on a song i'm working on you cut a vocal and hear a horrible...

Sigma
replies: 29 views: 1,275
Sigma 24th May 2010

Hi, I am looking to get a quality dual channel mic preamp for my electric guitar setup. I run in stereo and want to mic each amp...

tubescreamer
replies: 10 views: 1,794
Mad John 24th May 2010

So, I'm new to recording... Apologies if this is v basic. I am planning on getting a reel to reel tape machine, which I will...

YOUMADEMEREALISE
replies: 2 views: 626
stevelindsay 23rd May 2010

As it is right now, im using PT LE with a 003. been using this for some time. I want to upgrade to a PT HD system. What does that...

meltdown50
replies: 19 views: 2,335
JSt0rm 23rd May 2010

So I got a Blue Kiwi mic with their Robbie promotion they were having a few months back. I figured I'd take advantage of the...

Loc9
replies: 1 views: 493
VWYF11 23rd May 2010

Hey there guys. First thread as well as my first post, so let's get down to Biz. I work live sound for a touring band who uses...

xxromani
replies: 9 views: 3,186
xxromani 23rd May 2010

Is there a setting on a the CL-1B that emulates a LA-2A style opto compression? I was wondering if fixed/manual and a 10:1 ratio...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 1 views: 876
spicemix 23rd May 2010

I recently won a used FMR 1773 Really Nice Compressor on eBay. I was really excited to try it out, so I set up my little rig with...

thismercifulfate
replies: 0 views: 628
thismercifulfate 23rd May 2010

I'm going to upgrade to protools 8 this week.... I'm also in the middle of a project. Will I have trouble running old sessions...

TR Mastermind
replies: 23 views: 1,435
Mr. Light 23rd May 2010

I'm looking for a REALLY small mixer. Basically, I have a conga setup, and I like to mic my own stuff and then mix it down. My...

midside
replies: 10 views: 1,459
midside 23rd May 2010

well first off i would like some advice on which control surface would be better off with for my studio. i want to have the...

Guitardr34m
replies: 2 views: 2,135
T_R_S 23rd May 2010

I recently bought an AKG D12 on ebay. It is wired to a an unbalanced jack. It appears to have an ok sound with all the bass it...

Feromongo
replies: 2 views: 8,519
Feromongo 23rd May 2010

Hey guy's i'm flying up to Baltimore to test out the API 1608 before I put it in my new facility. When you guy's are traveling...

KSHentertainment
replies: 8 views: 982
KSHentertainment 23rd May 2010

Hi All, I am looking for a six channel phantom power supply with low cut and perhaps a -20dB pad. Has anyone any knowledge of...

hakim
replies: 3 views: 1,767
Digibear 23rd May 2010

Hi All I have managed to get my hands on an Akai GX 635D and would like to send this somewhere to have a service as the VU...

Recordercrazy
replies: 0 views: 1,024
Recordercrazy 23rd May 2010

Seemingly Ive always heard about the stability problems of the Motu gear on Windows computers. How much of this is an urban...

M.S.P.
replies: 18 views: 5,404
M.S.P. 23rd May 2010

Hi folks, new member here. I was recently struck with the idea of creating instrumental/karaoke versions of some songs I heard...

Hobkob
replies: 1 views: 707
kbshearer 23rd May 2010

The Swinger "The Swinger is a bit of python code that takes any song and makes it swing. It does this be taking each...

Reitzas
replies: 2 views: 656
sears 23rd May 2010

i know this has been beat to death but I'm new so help me out lol. The track limitations on the pro tools LE with the 003, is...

Curtis Day
replies: 2 views: 827
Curtis Day 23rd May 2010

Looking to pick up a R16 to have some more channels by running 1-8 through ADAT, using the Orpheus 1-4 then taking 9-12 on the...

thkaiser
replies: 4 views: 795
thkaiser 23rd May 2010

Hi Guys, I'm a novice when it comes to patchbays, i picked one up this morning at a carboot sale, it's all 1/4" Jacks on...

johndoe88
replies: 6 views: 783
Eganmedia 23rd May 2010

Hey all, So I have an acoustic guitar/vocal duo coming over to record tonight (He plays guitar; she sings). They'll be...

ChillyCheezItz
replies: 10 views: 1,015
KRStudio 23rd May 2010

Hi Guys, I was looking into the API LunchBox. What can you tell me about it. Like/ Dislikes (I heard there were power supply...

AddictivePro
replies: 17 views: 2,567
John Eppstein 23rd May 2010

Hello, I need some help in making seperate headphone mixes for a drummer and vocalist. I am wanting it so I can listen through...

drsakky
replies: 0 views: 511
drsakky 23rd May 2010

How can i go about cleaning and mixing this acoustic guitar? I'm editing and mixing in Pro tools. Any tips please?

InBeats
replies: 10 views: 1,433
EleKtriKaz 23rd May 2010

Hello. I've been trying to find some rules-of-thumb for proper order of effects in the DAW signal chain but haven't found...

Rhetro
replies: 4 views: 3,262
Rhetro 23rd May 2010

I have an idea for a song intro and want to try using some city sounds. Something that sounds like you're on a 20th floor...

guittarzzan
replies: 8 views: 1,876
tnsngwtr 23rd May 2010

after piecing my setup together for years, i've FINALLY got all everything i need to mix OTB but its not quite working. This...

lastsong
replies: 3 views: 636
Kronos147 23rd May 2010

I'd give this one at least an 8, maybe even a 9... http://seattle.***************/see/for/1752802397.html

kittyboy
replies: 13 views: 1,237
tampa 23rd May 2010

Hi everyone! This is my my first post in GS! Although I have been learning from reading other posts for some time, this time...

john1201
replies: 13 views: 906
Teddy Ray 23rd May 2010

i am considering purchasing a focusrite liquid channel to run into my profire 610. if i made such an investment what would be the...

pistolgrip
replies: 1 views: 661
tampa 23rd May 2010

This very nice blog entry focuses on Joanna Newsom, but the comments on the past decade are quite insightful imo... Matson on...

kittyboy
replies: 0 views: 666
kittyboy 23rd May 2010

since i've been in the market for new high end recording gear all I've heard is you HAVE to purchase the 96 or 192 digidesign...

knucklesmd
replies: 4 views: 824
knucklesmd 23rd May 2010

Hi! I have a brauner VMX and am thinking about buying a Horch rm2j. Can anyone please tell me how these both would compare...

john_fromAustria
replies: 5 views: 2,217
Stephen.S.C 23rd May 2010

Can anyone suggest a replacement tube for my z5600ii? I want the high end to be smoother, at the moment the mic feels too harsh...

Johnm73
replies: 0 views: 572
Johnm73 23rd May 2010

Deleted sorry.

ALS
replies: 0 views: 662
ALS 23rd May 2010

Hello slutz I just purchased two purple actions and i wanted to know how to link them exactly, since there is tohing written...

betscho
replies: 1 views: 635
EisenAudio 23rd May 2010

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search