The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I've just negotiated a deal to trade some gear and some cash for a new U87AI. I want a Neumann around the studio because I do...

Rednose
replies: 52 views: 4,310
DarkSky Media 1st July 2010

Hi all, I have a song here two versions. Old version and a newer version. You can tell drastic differences on good system. Did I...

keano
replies: 10 views: 1,238
Reptil 1st July 2010

I was thinking about this as i was reading the 'engineers of yesteryear' thread. And all of a sudden, i realized that i'de...

Hashbrown
replies: 48 views: 3,867
ofajen 30th June 2010

Guys, Is $175 a good price for a Teac 3340 4-track with simul-sync? Are these any good or should I hold out for an 8-track...

whinylittlerunt
replies: 2 views: 1,022
vincentvangogo 30th June 2010

Ok, we've all seen the threads about horror stories, or crazy things that have been said or done during recording sessions. My...

character
replies: 37 views: 1,740
Synonym Music 30th June 2010

I read a lot about getting sources mic'd with multiple mics right in terms of phase before recording, e.g. guitar cabs, but...

kodaz
replies: 7 views: 722
theblue1 30th June 2010

Hi, I've recently bought T-Racks 3 DeLuxe and absolutely love it! I love the sound, ease of use and the ability to load each...

dickiefunk
replies: 5 views: 891
Jeezo 30th June 2010

I'm looking for suggestions for mic pres under $1000, maybe a UA 610 la Help!

Andy W.
replies: 9 views: 1,567
Teddy Ray 30th June 2010

How come once you get above, say, a Soundcraft Ghost, there are almost no full-featured analog consoles until you hit the AWS900,...

Shiny Beast
replies: 7 views: 943
bbgallaway 30th June 2010

Hey everyone, I know this should probably go under mastering but i'm hoping this will reach as many people as possible! I'm...

AndyZippy
replies: 4 views: 2,833
AndyZippy 30th June 2010

Hi, I'm brand new to this forum even though this place has quite a good reputation around the net. :) I was just wondering if...

Cursed Lemon
replies: 11 views: 3,439
Mark A. Jay 30th June 2010

Me and my colleagues noticed that on "live" footage from festivals (Glastonbury in particular), elements of the footage...

Electric Sugar
replies: 25 views: 3,919
huub 30th June 2010

I have started a website with a group of other guys called*Emeraz.com. In a nutshell the website is for: Online Music...

fastlane
replies: 0 views: 471
fastlane 30th June 2010

So I have a Focusrite ISA 428 4 channel Mic Pre going into the first 4 inputs on my Yamaha 02R, then into PT. For some reason,...

DigitalVictim
replies: 0 views: 591
DigitalVictim 30th June 2010

Whats the best way to solve phase issues in mixing on overheads? Would lining the L and R overheads up in PT fix this?

finlove
replies: 30 views: 13,727
thegnu 30th June 2010

here it is. I know it's a Speck brand but i don't know what model. If you've used one then, how does it sound? how much are...

smalltownjon
replies: 23 views: 5,101
THEMIXFIX 30th June 2010

Hi, I am looking to get into protools le or m-powered and I just wanted to ask, when dealing with delay compensation , is it...

SOLOIST101
replies: 19 views: 1,277
SOLOIST101 30th June 2010

I'm looking to have a few contacts (male and female) to sing vocals for tracks I will pitch to artists. I usually have a lyric...

Amber
replies: 0 views: 519
Amber 30th June 2010

Hey all Cubase 5 users! A spot of advice needed: I am on Cubase 4 and sitting on the fence about sticking with Cubase (upgrading)...

unqlenol
replies: 2 views: 1,118
unqlenol 30th June 2010

Greetings, I'm looking for a hardware reverb unit capable of some massively long decay times for dreampop/ambient/soundscaping...

Nyama74
replies: 9 views: 1,679
leaper 30th June 2010

Have an opportunity to pick up an Art pro MPA II for quite a good price. My question stems from the fact that I already own one...

kodaz
replies: 4 views: 633
kodaz 30th June 2010

hi, please can somebody tell me how to correctly hook up the triton extreme to the mpc so that i can play the programs and...

mjhann
replies: 3 views: 2,136
synthbob 30th June 2010

When boosting the EQ on the low end (bass, kick drum etc) i tend to use a 'peaking EQ' and then adjust the 'Q' control to obtain...

dialectic
replies: 43 views: 7,637
steelyfan 30th June 2010

so I just finished recording/mixing/etc this metal band, think Killswitch tone, and we used a Framus Cobra on one side and a...

nonamesleft
replies: 6 views: 2,451
private_stock 30th June 2010

hi, please can somebody tell me the best way to connect a D1600mkII multitracker, a triton extreme and an mpc2500(jjos2xl) i'd...

mjhann
replies: 0 views: 415
mjhann 30th June 2010

I just read that "you MUST use a secondary hard drive (not your main OS drive) for recording and playback of audio in Pro...

numberforty1
replies: 6 views: 734
Hashbrown 30th June 2010

Hello all, (I hope the mods will not mind that I post this announcement here, because it is not a commercial one) I have...

Emanuel
replies: 0 views: 931
Emanuel 30th June 2010

sorry for this silly question in advance - can't find the answer anywhere is there any opto-unit in a 33609 metal knob?? Many...

Fabi
replies: 4 views: 741
Fabi 30th June 2010

Much to my surprise I discovered that the vuvuleza was my first musical instrument. They were sold at the University of Michigan...

Frisbieinstein
replies: 0 views: 3,699
Frisbieinstein 30th June 2010

Here is latest file from me with C&V home session. Just drum set. Only Superior's EQ at some places, very slight liner phase...

Mr. Bars
replies: 4 views: 1,775
edrummist 30th June 2010

A client of mine did some work in a top-of-the-line studio recently and mentioned a 20k$ vocal processing unit. I've never heard...

Storyville
replies: 26 views: 13,121
stevelindsay 30th June 2010

i've heard some bad about m147 seems like there's no yummy flavor in this mic... and i 've heard a lot of sibilance in gemini...

uylink
replies: 1 views: 1,110
KRStudio 30th June 2010

I'm currently building a small home studio. I built a platform for my drums out of plywood and 2 x 4's. It i about 4 inches off...

ronslaton
replies: 27 views: 2,266
WAVERUNNER 30th June 2010

Hi, i would really like to learn how to sight read and i have seen the Ipads version of Etude and i think it exactly what i would...

complex
replies: 0 views: 815
complex 30th June 2010

So financial circumstances recently forced me to sell my Yamaha N12, which I absolutely loved, and I am hating my life right now...

goldendeathmusic
replies: 3 views: 500
goldendeathmusic 30th June 2010

I want to ease my way into the tube mic market, and the Pelusos seem to get some good attention on GS. For the money, the seem...

audiogeek
replies: 24 views: 1,812
audiogeek 30th June 2010

mcdsp? massey? give 'em to me - the best cheap all around package OR individuals that you can buy individually without having...

adamaudio
replies: 4 views: 630
Bill Moriarty 30th June 2010

Hey guys, I've been using Waves IR-1 Convolution Reverb in my mastering chain.. Does anyone have any experience with this? ...

Kenny_Vance
replies: 0 views: 2,379
Kenny_Vance 30th June 2010

I am currently trying to wire up my patchbay to be used with ableton. The kit involved is as follows. Imac running Ableton...

Jhono1
replies: 2 views: 910
Fritzkrieg 30th June 2010

Is anyone still tracking with a Tac Scorpion? How does the pres compare to modern pres? Would it be a considerable upgrade from a...

lavic
replies: 19 views: 1,474
Beyersound 30th June 2010

“¡–{Œ’‚ÌDigital Audio Laboratory http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/20081027/r48.htm a few days...

bluesj
replies: 4 views: 1,396
Bodoc 30th June 2010

So I had to move house yesterday, and its only then do I begin to realize just how much stuff (equipment) I have!! Damn it was a...

ReubenTobias
replies: 7 views: 831
Thomas Johansen 30th June 2010

i end up using guitar mutes in nearly every song, and need a good itb solution. i am happy with the amp sounds, etc, but the...

DaVinci
replies: 25 views: 4,363
DaVinci 30th June 2010

Hi, I just bought a pair of s/h studio 100s as an upgrade to my Event 20/20 passives, which I've had for nine years or so. I've...

Tranxformer
replies: 3 views: 2,414
PlugHead 30th June 2010

I recently purchased the waves SSL Rtas bundle . My friend also has the same bundle but it's a bit older . While reading the my...

oulablank
replies: 3 views: 812
oulablank 30th June 2010

On eBay you can find all kinds of weird Oktava mics someone seem to be pulling from every government installation in Russia. ...

Silent Sound
replies: 1 views: 708
JoeDeF 30th June 2010

ok, basically i need some advice. i am looking at buying some gear, thinking a sampler might do it. but dont know much about...

donaldduck1
replies: 2 views: 551
dublave 30th June 2010
replies: 39 views: 5,039
aleatoric 30th June 2010

my first commercial session as producer/engineer in the stunning windmill lane...

rhythmtech
replies: 22 views: 1,429
pan60 29th June 2010

I'm curious as to what Juan Nelson uses to get his Octave/sub harmonics and yet keep such definition (aside from being an...

audigy
replies: 1 views: 1,760
audigy 29th June 2010

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search