The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'm literally just wondering, do you ever feel guilty when you're not doing something recording related - say you've been at work...

MikeTSH
replies: 24 views: 2,507
maje_h 19th August 2010

Hi all. I'm looking for techniques specific to recording a (purposefully) slightly distorted bass. I'm thinking along the lines...

PlainclothesLevi
replies: 12 views: 2,465
MisterMark 19th August 2010

is there a GS blackberry app? or will there be one? Sorry if this has been asked, just got a new BB and would like to have a GS...

RTR
replies: 1 views: 1,453
Jules 19th August 2010

Dear Slutz, Within Pro Tools Preferences there is an option to "Use Audiosuite Dither", if this option is selected,...

skinicod
replies: 2 views: 1,766
skinicod 19th August 2010

Hi guys, i'm looking at purchasing the Genelec 8040. My only concern is the low end. Seeing as i won't be using a sub and...

overgrown
replies: 3 views: 4,581
stellar 19th August 2010

This is a basic question, sorry. As I understand it, headroom is the amount of space in dB between the nominal 0dB of your...

kkonkkrete
replies: 20 views: 7,457
fivedotone 19th August 2010

I read so much about mixing...but why is mixing a job apart from tracking. Isnt it done at once... To make my question...

datafeist
replies: 6 views: 748
joelpatterson 19th August 2010

Lovely as it sounds & well as its served me, I'm thinking of swapping out my API 7600/8200 summing boxes for maybe the SSL...

adam_w
replies: 0 views: 1,611
adam_w 19th August 2010

So I have been researching this bus comp for about a week and I cannot find anything bad about it. It semi-won a few audio...

mike vee
replies: 13 views: 3,476
baikonour 19th August 2010

Hi, everyone! I was recording guitar riff today. It was pretty difficult to play it right, so I decided to use cycle recording...

dibravibra
replies: 6 views: 1,570
dibravibra 19th August 2010

Anyone know whats available? need something with wheels, that can hold a Command8 (about size of large laptop). cheers

Louis Bernstone
replies: 2 views: 531
Louis Bernstone 19th August 2010

Going around in circles here, I have the FF800 and want to upgrade my mobile location rack sonically. Preamp quality supersedes...

Big_Bang
replies: 8 views: 1,542
Big_Bang 19th August 2010

Guys I've decided to setup at home. I got my GOM and 703 to take care of the accoustic aspects of the room and I have only one...

no ssl yet
replies: 8 views: 1,968
halfasemitone 19th August 2010

Hello dudes, I know that Steinberg sells EDU Versions of their software products. Do you know if other companies having this...

Eisbude
replies: 0 views: 480
Eisbude 19th August 2010

Okay; I am almost willing to pay someone for their time and trouble in answering this question... I am having the hardest...

tommytime
replies: 2 views: 2,589
Harvey Gerst 19th August 2010

Dynamic. Seems to be selfconciously designed to be better then the shure handheld dynamics. So far all I can say is that when...

TwardyLikeTank
replies: 0 views: 1,421
TwardyLikeTank 19th August 2010

Here it goes: Running midi cable from Casio Keyboard to MBox 2 PRO's midi port directly, which is firewire connected in. ...

MFeldm2
replies: 5 views: 1,414
NF Audio 19th August 2010

Hi, What is your recording chain for Electric Bass guitar? Do you use a preamp? Do you use a DI unit like Radial or...

dickiefunk
replies: 54 views: 6,825
MisterMark 19th August 2010

Haven't seen anyone post anything about this yet. Avid | Pro Tools|HD Looks pretty interesting. Haven't looked too deeply into...

klak
replies: 4 views: 710
zacheus83 19th August 2010

The topic says it all, keen to hear your opinions!

karp47
replies: 0 views: 2,253
karp47 19th August 2010

Hi all, here's my situation: Filmscore for a feature film. Full orchestra has been recorded in a major studio (SSL...

coffee90007
replies: 0 views: 433
coffee90007 19th August 2010

Hey Gang, I am going back and making some TV mixes from a few records..I didnt do it the first time around. I dont have the coin...

superburtm
replies: 1 views: 1,234
dbbubba 19th August 2010

SO I really love the dead weathers new album Sea of cowards and I heard that they recorded on all really vintage gear right to...

Tops Cut oFF
replies: 1 views: 613
lagavulin16 19th August 2010

i have been beating down there door with complaints and tweaks I'd like too see in the new record and reason software's and they...

sameal
replies: 4 views: 689
baskervils 19th August 2010

Hey, I have just got my replacement Quiklok QL-623 3 tier keyboard stand delivered today after sending the first one back...

LoGiCa
replies: 3 views: 2,289
krusty 19th August 2010

Hey guy's I just wanted to run this list by you all right now for any input. I'm planning on building up my home studio into a...

HealyEnt.
replies: 28 views: 2,754
HealyEnt. 19th August 2010
replies: 3 views: 863
AntillesSound 19th August 2010

chuck klosterman tweeted a link to an anthrax vocal only you tube video...i clicked on it and found an enormous wealth of big...

M Mastering
replies: 2 views: 882
SkunkWorks 19th August 2010

Hi gear gurus, I was hoping you could help me identify the following highlighted items (green arrows) in some pics of a studio i...

funkmyer
replies: 11 views: 926
yonny 19th August 2010

Anyone here know the gain staging on the Tascam FW1884? I'm trying to monitor inputs through the board and with the trim gain...

mizzle
replies: 3 views: 612
TRA 19th August 2010

What rack mount processors out there have distortion presets? Besides Digitech and Rocktron units that are designed for guitar....

MoBeach
replies: 0 views: 556
MoBeach 19th August 2010

Hellooooooo slutz from all over! I'm currently in a little bind about what piece of gear to get next to enhance my recordings...

jah279
replies: 39 views: 1,669
Puffer Fish 19th August 2010

I am looking to get a new board. These two are around the same price range: Toft ATB-24 Midas 320 I like the robust build...

Jake Holland
replies: 69 views: 32,648
Arichlsss 19th August 2010

what "Decent priced" interfaces are out there with a full 8 channels of AES like the ULN-8? and Dual S/mux (II and...

Real Talk Ent.
replies: 2 views: 435
Real Talk Ent. 19th August 2010

I understand the basic theory behind the need to dither, but my question is, say I have finished a mix in logic recording all...

ReubenTobias
replies: 0 views: 611
ReubenTobias 19th August 2010

This sort of thing keeps coming up. I've read all the threads and I'm even more lost than I was before. Every time I think I...

nulldevice
replies: 33 views: 2,955
Piedpiper 19th August 2010

Anyone ever bought a B-Stock item from Sweetwater? Is this a bad idea, or a good way to score a piece of gear for a good price?

splproductions
replies: 35 views: 7,187
PlugHead 19th August 2010

Greetings fellow slutz! I have a question that i hope you guys can help me out with. How would you define each of the big...

nato7
replies: 3 views: 1,269
thethrillfactor 18th August 2010

Hi, after going through the typical issues with laptop/software DAW recording, I am looking for a digital recorder along the...

sleepwalk
replies: 3 views: 4,122
sleepwalk 18th August 2010

No Better Than This, an album of all new original material from John Mellencamp recorded during his minor league ball park tour...

Teddy Ray
replies: 0 views: 415
Teddy Ray 18th August 2010

I was thinking about purchasing a little akai 2 octave midi keyboard, and then something that had some drum pads .. but then i...

chris_vital
replies: 2 views: 690
maje_h 18th August 2010

The input jack on my Vox ToneLab is giving me trouble. If I plug my guitar cable in ALL the way.. no signal. If I pull it...

DeyBwah
replies: 8 views: 780
DeyBwah 18th August 2010

I run a MOTU 828 mk3 into KRK Rokit 5 active monitors. At most - maximum comfortable listening level - the MOTU's master volume...

DinosaurSR
replies: 4 views: 3,025
therealbigd 18th August 2010

say i wanna get into live instrument recording into a computer program (such as FL Studio), what are the bare minimal to average...

MUSTBEbobby
replies: 1 views: 404
D.Williams 18th August 2010

I searched in other threads but didn't seem to find what I was looking for - the "what should I buy with $___" threads...

slothjones
replies: 16 views: 2,532
T'Mershi Duween 18th August 2010

The idea here is that I would buy two ALTEC 1592b's. One would be Left side Audio, and the other Right side audio. Giving me a 10...

mynaemisjonas
replies: 2 views: 1,213
mynaemisjonas 18th August 2010

I'm planning to upgrade to PTHD since the price of used cards and interfaces is now so low you can get killer deals. I was...

Gerax
replies: 14 views: 916
overgrown 18th August 2010

I haven't been on for awhile, but I thought there was a wanted section somewhere but couldn't find it, anyways I'm looking for a...

ryannorth
replies: 0 views: 441
ryannorth 18th August 2010

Thought i'd post this hear incase any of you slutz have any knowledge that might help! Basically my band play to a click track...

Tesseract
replies: 0 views: 1,439
Tesseract 18th August 2010

I went through some threads here to get some free plugins (I found a lot), I wanted to expand my library of Cubase SX3's stock...

Gandy
replies: 10 views: 4,316
Mark D. 18th August 2010

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search