The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

What typs of kick mics do you guys like for Rock / funk / country? thanks John

SoZo
replies: 38 views: 2,531
mjdrums 19th September 2010

At the 10 channels of AD tracking of my RME Fireface 800, I want to add some channels AD conversion. Does anyone have a...

Piebong
replies: 4 views: 561
Piebong 19th September 2010

hi, i am hoping to purchase a 32 channel mixer (probably a mackie 32 8 but i really do not know what the best one would be?...

hellarda
replies: 23 views: 1,925
Steb 19th September 2010

Looking for some advice Using Duet on Imac i7, also macbook pro c2d, logic 9. I have at present a sony mdr v-600 and hope to...

Matchless
replies: 2 views: 1,294
keiffer 19th September 2010

I was trying to find the source of a weird buzz last night while tracking, and I tried patching my Little Phatty into the...

DinosaurSR
replies: 1 views: 814
cavern 19th September 2010

Hey im having trouble using autotune in reaper, could anyone direct me on how to do this? Thanks Scott McLoughlin.

SCOTT_MCLOUGHLIN
replies: 0 views: 2,396
SCOTT_MCLOUGHLIN 19th September 2010

I try to always get the best money can buy (within reason). What would you suggest? I was considering Cordial's Top...

RockNote
replies: 10 views: 2,564
EvilSoup 19th September 2010

what, if anything, do i need to have before i can get pro tools le? isnt pro tools le just an upgrade of something else? thanks

zakest
replies: 14 views: 1,051
zakest 19th September 2010

I'm looking to buy an Api 2500. I can only afford one comp right now and have been using ITB waves stuff lately. I know that...

CKenterpro
replies: 6 views: 931
u b k 19th September 2010

I need new studio monitors. I have narrowed it down to 3 models. I like all 3 for different reasons, but only one of them...

aligak
replies: 0 views: 1,902
aligak 19th September 2010

There were some that sucked. The ones that didn't were... KRK VXT 8 - Seemed flat. Slightly less definition than the Adam...I...

Turdadactyl
replies: 11 views: 3,749
SquashPile 19th September 2010

Dither when changing word length, check. Mastering folks can do that. But does anyone use dither when using BTD, or mixing a...

numberforty1
replies: 31 views: 8,963
work2do 19th September 2010

Just wondered if you guys continue to put money in your studio every year, or do you finally get to a point where you say I have...

Tube World
replies: 36 views: 1,642
satissounds 19th September 2010

I've got one in Halion in Cubase, but it kinda sucks...Need to check in Logic too.

Johnkenn
replies: 3 views: 2,958
recordinghopkins 19th September 2010

My guitars always sound dull but if I cut to much around 300 then sound thin on my ns10's like quickly or if I boost to much in...

Rick Carson
replies: 7 views: 736
Rick Carson 19th September 2010

i've been trying to track down the cause and it seems to be my summing unit. Anyone else have this issue? The reveiwer above...

Johnm73
replies: 0 views: 539
Johnm73 19th September 2010

Hi, I was wondering if any of you could tell me the name of these monitors? http://i53.tinypic.com/1zpsmmf.jpg Thanks :)

kilojoules
replies: 3 views: 667
mrc 19th September 2010

Just a quick question. How do you Gearslutz handle you multi-monitor set ups and having acoustic treatment set up for just the...

api2500
replies: 17 views: 1,282
api2500 19th September 2010

It's only duties will be to help pitching vocals during tracking. Any suggestions? Anyone using the Alesis NanoVerb for this...

LarryClutch
replies: 2 views: 531
LarryClutch 19th September 2010

Hi all. I'll try keep it short. I'm a logic user and I now want to run pro tools on a separate mac. The mac is an older...

voidtunes
replies: 4 views: 665
voidtunes 19th September 2010

My first post on GS. Please bear with me. I'm new to pc DAW recording/production as I'm still with Cubase Essential. Working with...

bmwerx
replies: 12 views: 8,002
uncle duncan 19th September 2010

What has had the biggest impact on the overall sound and quality of your mixes? (gear or otherwise) I've never quite been happy...

glitchfactor
replies: 56 views: 4,253
rack gear 19th September 2010

I was listening in the car to Foreigner's "feels like the first time".... and loving it. Great Band. While listening,...

Heartfelt
replies: 3 views: 502
Kiwi 19th September 2010

Can anyone give some tips on how to set the VHD on the SSL Alpha VHD Pres? For example, what has worked well for you on drums,...

Joemamma
replies: 13 views: 4,374
AppleToothWallace 19th September 2010

Here is a photo of my Alice Mic Pak 1. As you can tell, I took it in 2 shots and joined them (you can clearly see the...

Mr Funk
replies: 3 views: 1,682
Teddy Ray 19th September 2010

Hi there my instinct as well as theory and heart tells me to Gate first in chain the compress (or eq+compress for...

ayskura
replies: 6 views: 6,888
Kiwi 19th September 2010

YouTube - Amen Break, Think (About It), Funky Drummer. I've never heard a snare that rings like it. I've read it was recorded...

muckleberryblim
replies: 6 views: 1,950
rene-lemieux 19th September 2010

I'm about to get Steven Slate Drums, but I'm concerned/curious about the flexibility of the groove player that's included. While...

Navigator
replies: 13 views: 5,706
TLTD 19th September 2010

I like to record live on the floor a lot. my main problem is that damn snare rattle. anyone know of any good tips to reduce this...

Astro
replies: 11 views: 7,603
Sk106 19th September 2010

I live in Canada, and I just purchased a Chandler TG Channel off of Craigslist in Washington D.C, I got the unit the other day,...

rene-lemieux
replies: 13 views: 1,026
rene-lemieux 19th September 2010

I have and will be mixing alot of music for piano and voice. The piano has 2 mics and the voice 1. If I pan the piano hard L...

alexvdbroek
replies: 5 views: 823
tubeaudiofan 19th September 2010

This is a TOTAL noob question and something I should definitely know but have been working around it for some time hidz When...

Ash Taylor
replies: 4 views: 13,434
BLUElightCory 19th September 2010

Here are a few scenarios, at least two of which I know have actually happened: 1. A very well-known 16-year old singer comes in...

Shiny Beast
replies: 31 views: 5,590
Aaron Miller 19th September 2010

Hi, What is the avalon 747 mostly used for? Grtz

datafeist
replies: 13 views: 1,577
Tube World 19th September 2010

I have been in awe of this album ever since I bought it last year. It humbles me as a musician and and engineer. Some of the...

reflexon
replies: 6 views: 1,250
Fast Castle 19th September 2010

I have a Raven Labs MBD1 It no longer works via either batteries or power supply. It got dropped and the face plate is bent....

violindave
replies: 0 views: 994
violindave 19th September 2010

I have a pedal board etc but have some rackmount gear I want to add into the live setup I'm looking for a solution that will...

violindave
replies: 0 views: 539
violindave 19th September 2010

can I chop samples and use a midi keyboard to play back the chops.

DNA 1
replies: 0 views: 564
DNA 1 19th September 2010

ok so i blew a tweeter in one of my KRK V8s, I blow one about once a year, sometimes I get a little crazy and playback loud....

AllAboutTone
replies: 3 views: 563
AllAboutTone 19th September 2010

Any one own one? If so what do you think about it? does it change the sound of you mix or is it pretty transparent?

Jharris22883
replies: 8 views: 1,022
Johnkenn 19th September 2010

Anybody here experience and resolve latency issues with MIDI recording/playback in Reaper? If so, May I ask how you were able to...

bmwerx
replies: 0 views: 513
bmwerx 19th September 2010

please humor my cheapo question kfhkh so if you were gonna use ONE overhead mic ($100-$200) for ALL your drums (except for a...

Tops Cut oFF
replies: 22 views: 27,400
fhames 18th September 2010

Hi there I don't have any experience in recording vocals so don't slap me if the question is maybe stupid... diddlydoo I am...

nicogrubert
replies: 2 views: 2,148
megl 18th September 2010

Whats the rule with regards to placement of the amp near audio gear and the cables and stuff? if i place the amp for my ns10s...

overgrown
replies: 1 views: 634
Kenton 18th September 2010

Greetings, I have an Aurora 16 with an LT-HD card installed and PTHD 2 on a Mac Pro. If...I say if(ducking) I wanted to...

amost
replies: 2 views: 631
amost 18th September 2010

Many here have enjoyed the "Eric Clapton" shreds thread... Well, the genius StSanders now has his own website, and...

Watersound
replies: 0 views: 610
Watersound 18th September 2010

lately i've been mixing a record where the bass player has a really subby sound. like.....turning the bass knob on his amp all...

jonathan jetter
replies: 12 views: 958
pan60 18th September 2010

Hi, I have this H3000 on a stereo send bus. I've noticed that it doesn't really matter how I pan stuff around on (with the aux'...

Local 47
replies: 8 views: 2,143
HSLand 18th September 2010

Such as getting the word out to local musicians/producers, getting press, attention from mags like Mix, etc.??? Thanks for any...

Matt Grondin
replies: 15 views: 865
Matt Grondin 18th September 2010

I'm looking for a good used digital piano with weighted keys. Later down the line I'd like to hook it up to my computer to get...

whquade
replies: 11 views: 1,017
nst7 18th September 2010

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search