The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I am a little new to working otf and I am a little puzzled about stereo TRS cables. Apart from having one, does the input/output...

dbot
replies: 2 views: 1,417
Adlen 12th October 2010

Hi My name's Mike White. I've got an assignment to do a 2,000 word essay on the technology behind MIDI and how it's practically...

MikeTSH
replies: 1 views: 795
Ernest Buckley 12th October 2010

well....I don't necessarily mean best. It would be nice to have some recommendations of the best "pleasure" phones...

PaulBlackwell
replies: 6 views: 983
capnreverb 12th October 2010

i have been struggling with my recordings, they all do sound more or less the same, soundwise. they all come out more or less...

zinzin
replies: 37 views: 2,537
rainsinvelvet 12th October 2010

I'm wondering if the 3.5mm line-in jack on the back of the E-Mu 0202 (or other USB DI) can accept any feed. Like, 1) From the...

zapsmith9
replies: 3 views: 458
zapsmith9 12th October 2010

I final used a transient designer and it really blew me away. what an incredible tool. for years i have been struggling to...

Keire
replies: 23 views: 2,844
icecubeman 12th October 2010

Speaking of kazoos......... I'm tracking a little of the ol' lickin' stick tomorrow and I have three microphone...

Unclenny
replies: 34 views: 4,708
Unclenny 12th October 2010

hi, i'm looking for headphones .. one for tracking and one for mixing:reference as to tracking : i got a home studio and...

thegoonmat
replies: 4 views: 2,484
waxx 12th October 2010

Sort of a weird comparison maybe but I currently have an API 3124 which I love but I'd like to start tracking with some outboard...

Pyxis360
replies: 0 views: 727
Pyxis360 12th October 2010

I'm going to be doing some live recordings for a band with a fantastic electric guitar player who has no concept of good tone. ...

nafspark
replies: 15 views: 1,482
Kiwi 12th October 2010

Hi guys. My first thread on here, so dont kill me. Ive had a home studio set up for about 8 years now, I set it up so i could...

motupost
replies: 12 views: 1,068
therealbigd 12th October 2010

Everyone talks about their favorite plugins but there isn't much that I have read that discusses workhorse EQ's and why. My...

Heartfelt
replies: 35 views: 3,235
Peret 12th October 2010

I´m looking at boundary mics for miking my grand wih the lid closed. I understand that when it comes to comb filtering PZM style...

Outlaw Hans
replies: 18 views: 5,363
Outlaw Hans 12th October 2010

Hey guys, I don't think I'm the first person who has come to the forums with this question but any threads I've found already...

Caatalyst
replies: 0 views: 459
Caatalyst 12th October 2010

Hey guys, an Irish band is playing at my second home Irish bar tomorrow night. They want me to record it so: I'd like to keep...

old ghost
replies: 8 views: 778
old ghost 12th October 2010

What was used in Faye Wong - Eyes on Me ? what daw, mic, drum, hardware, vst synth & effects ?

PureArtist
replies: 0 views: 602
PureArtist 12th October 2010

Hello everyone, I'm big fan of this forum and all of you guys. I have opportunity to purchase one of these tape recorders. I...

hawana
replies: 0 views: 1,611
hawana 12th October 2010

So I am talking to my buddy last night and were just bojanglin about music and gear and studios and he produces at a studio that...

JBVries
replies: 3 views: 874
dubrichie 12th October 2010

Look at THIS ebay listing... Someone posted a link to this on homerecording.com apparently it's been up and gone and up again...

rene-lemieux
replies: 0 views: 1,730
rene-lemieux 12th October 2010

Debating the purchase of a flexible pre and compressor for a small personal studio. Recording mostly guitar, bass, banjo, vox...

Bigdorkus
replies: 3 views: 674
mics 12th October 2010

Any one know how the Inward Connections VC500 compressor compares to Pete's Place BAC 500 compressor. Thanks.

suicide shift
replies: 1 views: 864
pan60 12th October 2010

I just finally upgraded my computer to an 8 core Mac pro. I use protools and need to buy a new version of Toast. I don't need to...

Jeff16years
replies: 1 views: 500
chrysb93065 12th October 2010

As someone that started totally ITB, I've gradually incorporated high-quality outboard pres, compressors, and other processors....

DinosaurSR
replies: 3 views: 2,262
Dean Roddey 12th October 2010

To begin, I have no hands on experience with high end preamps. What I know of them is what I've either read or heard on others'...

dublave
replies: 9 views: 4,820
alkooloid 12th October 2010

Hey guys. How do you feel about the atty2'd? I was thinking about picking one up to control my daking IV into digi 002. Do you...

thegatsby
replies: 20 views: 5,055
sysexguy 12th October 2010

In trying to figure out why I wasn't getting any sound out of my MXL V77, just a very low-level hum, I decided to try swapping...

miles_b
replies: 0 views: 587
miles_b 12th October 2010

Mic pres are driving me wild right now. The problem with not having the money for them right away is that it gives you time to...

dublave
replies: 6 views: 2,756
pan60 12th October 2010

Hello, Brothers! Please recomend me good quality 500th series modules for mixbus EQs and compressors! Many thx!

AlexGold
replies: 2 views: 2,035
pan60 12th October 2010

I bough at 1924 Conn trumpet on Ebay for $125. On EBay it looked like...

newyorkbrass
replies: 18 views: 2,055
pan60 12th October 2010

Please help me figure out what it is, i have found two on auction.

blippo
replies: 4 views: 1,088
pan60 12th October 2010

Just wondering: Anyone ever compared these two flavors? Any great difference in the sound?

locosoundman
replies: 18 views: 6,021
lobsty 12th October 2010

I just bought myself an electric drum kit to practice with, but I wanna run it through Logic so that I can use Addictive Drums,...

Slodey
replies: 0 views: 1,096
Slodey 12th October 2010

Hi! I'm looking for the best solution regarding record electric guitar without having to mic my speaker. I've tested a Palmer...

petmar
replies: 20 views: 7,039
erasedcitizen 12th October 2010

I have a pair of Oktava MK-012-01 that I bought a while ago. Love them, but lately, one of them has been producing a low plosive...

lynngraber
replies: 2 views: 1,246
stevelindsay 12th October 2010

I'm building a home studio. It'll be use to record my demos (I'm singer songwriter). My room has 4x4 meters and inside of it...

Joeytpg
replies: 24 views: 6,145
RCM - Ronan 11th October 2010

I just purchased an Aurora Audio GTQ2 dual preamp and am trying to run it with my Mackie Onyx Board with firewire. Can someone...

wishkahdaddy
replies: 4 views: 778
wishkahdaddy 11th October 2010

Just bought a BLA MicroClock MkII. Will use it as Master for clocking an Apogee Ensemble and Apogee DA16. Hooked it all up...

fineline
replies: 5 views: 3,352
Mr. Landmark 11th October 2010

Apologies for a probably elementary question. I have a pair of adam a7s. I boosted the bass way up on a bass track today and my...

hauntedclutter
replies: 0 views: 490
hauntedclutter 11th October 2010

Hey everyone! It's been quite a while since I've posted on here but since moving to LA, I now need to figure out a new setup....

Eddie T. Ellis
replies: 1 views: 549
vierge99 11th October 2010

I've been looking to add a stereo pair to my mic collection, primarily to use as drum overheads. It occurred to me that since I...

mightypants
replies: 1 views: 615
bicasaur 11th October 2010

George has many videos which shows how he uses his gear on songs. I really makes me really appreciate what his gear can do to...

Tube World
replies: 43 views: 5,283
souldeep 11th October 2010

Anyone come across a Concert Harpist who can do sessions via the Internet ? I'm in desperate need of one ...

rjay
replies: 2 views: 456
Joram 11th October 2010

.. but i have no idea where to start looking. I will basically record 90% percussion and 10% vocals. I don't have a mic at the...

jolatrox
replies: 9 views: 1,039
Joram 11th October 2010

Hello GS folks, I'm another one of those long-time-reader/doesn't-post-much types… more because I'm trying to learn some of...

SolidAir
replies: 7 views: 1,077
ferndale 11th October 2010

Hey guys, I currently own a TR-909 and have it all working fine now, synced to my iMac through external midi. I'm thinking...

BarnFaction
replies: 4 views: 795
Konketsu 11th October 2010

Hi, I just got my UA 1176LN (Reissue) and have a problem with the ratio setting. I've been using 1176's for a very long time so...

Capitator
replies: 4 views: 1,699
Capitator 11th October 2010

Hello everyone. As said my Lunchbox is full and I really want to buy one more... just one more module.:facepalm: The Avedis Ma5...

Gaorinath
replies: 6 views: 1,001
pan60 11th October 2010

Sending each busschannel or track to a different preamp is the same as summing (with x-desk or d-box)? Grtz

datafeist
replies: 0 views: 481
datafeist 11th October 2010

I don't know where to ask this honestly, so I'm sorry if it's the wrong forum, and mods please feel free to move this to where it...

Joeytpg
replies: 0 views: 494
Joeytpg 11th October 2010

ok, so there's plenty of ways to improve overall sound such as good monitors, room acoustics, and so on. the improvements i'm...

cleanjack
replies: 5 views: 1,555
waxx 11th October 2010

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search