The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 1,972
Views: 1,972
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

So I got Maroon 5s latest record "Hands All Over" because Mutt Lange produced it. Interestingly enough, the last song...

Ernest Buckley
replies: 1 views: 838
marcus 12th November 2010

Hi Guys, I know this has been discussed before but I have been trying to do some vocal layering, so what I do is record the vox...

Deleted 6ccb844
replies: 31 views: 4,861
Louis Richner 12th November 2010

Over the years various threads on gearslutz have explored how computers are playing an increasingly prominent role in pop music....

MarsBot
replies: 5 views: 668
The Byre 12th November 2010
Avatar for Jim Keaney @ Devotion Recording

Now that PT 9 is capable of 32 i/o and since I've been long lusting after a Shadow Hills Equinox (30 channel summing) - I'm...

Jim Keaney @ Devotion Recording
replies: 11 views: 2,856
Benmrx 12th November 2010

I was packing up my profire today to head to a session and it fell. :facepalm: hahah yeah I know what you're thinking........

jubb
replies: 5 views: 835
Louis Richner 12th November 2010

Well, this is my first post... and will be amongst the most muddleheaded one of my post history, probably. I need to connect a...

undo
replies: 1 views: 707
undo 12th November 2010

To start, a little bit about where I'm coming from: I just finished recording and mixing my band's (http://www.thetempers.net)...

a zombie
replies: 31 views: 2,025
johnjj 12th November 2010

I am currently shopping for my next preamp This is my current gear list Mics Sony C800G AKG C12VR Neumann U87a Rode Classic...

dreamboxstudio
replies: 20 views: 985
dreamboxstudio 12th November 2010

How do you gents (and the occasional lady) get sessions traded around? I'm running LE 8.0.4, and I need to get my stems to a...

BrandonFrisby
replies: 5 views: 530
Chris. 12th November 2010

Hello, I am confused about what exactly converters do and how they will help my mixes sound better.

BarefootStudios
replies: 14 views: 948
Doc Mixwell 12th November 2010

Just wondering why you guys use these types of programs. Is it to save a session where the drums or room are bad?

PEImatrix
replies: 1 views: 726
uncle duncan 12th November 2010

I know everyone is sick of these comparison threads. But I am looking for good area mics for quiet acoustic recordings. so high...

The Pool PDX
replies: 4 views: 2,043
passenger 12th November 2010

Ok, for the past few months i've been using only a di sound for bass guitar. Of course the variables have been different...

XHipHop
replies: 27 views: 5,353
steven mc. 12th November 2010

I've been looking for a plugin that lets me check mono (sum, L and R), invert the phase of each L/R channel etc. Does anyone...

rumblefuzz
replies: 8 views: 4,411
Chris. 12th November 2010

Then they could totally resurrect Elvis and get him back out on the road. It just might generate enough money to shine up the...

Piranhadrum
replies: 1 views: 515
edva 12th November 2010

Hey People, Just wondering if you engineers had some thoughts on how bands/artists should be when tracking in studio. Any pet...

blacklion
replies: 15 views: 967
CompEq 12th November 2010

Hi, I recently got a new laptop and I am trying to set it up with my MPC/Mic via an audio interface (Edirol...

ldn2
replies: 1 views: 703
MasterCrab 12th November 2010

how do you do this? is it better to record a dry signal and then add the fx post tracking or can I use my pedals and just capture...

Joeytpg
replies: 0 views: 467
Joeytpg 12th November 2010

Bonjour Slutz! I include for you a few examples of live drum setups where, instead of having overhead mics to capture the...

Sean327
replies: 14 views: 16,001
Flying_Dutchman 12th November 2010

I've heared that protools HD runs on 48 bits internal processing What's the internal processing in PT9 , is it less ?

SAGABEBA
replies: 4 views: 1,676
SAGABEBA 11th November 2010

Ok.... We bought the big Melodyne bundle about a month ago at the request of Stephanie Mills' producer Josiah Martin. He much...

Noise10
replies: 16 views: 3,365
Rick Sanchez 11th November 2010
replies: 1 views: 560
buddachile 11th November 2010

Has anyone got one of these Samson SP01 shockmounts who can provide me with the size of the diameter of the external ring which...

wyattd
replies: 1 views: 1,009
wyattd 11th November 2010

Now that Pro Tools 9 is released I was wondering if any of you guys has gotten a chance to use a Lynx 16 (firewire card) with Pro...

thegatsby
replies: 0 views: 569
thegatsby 11th November 2010

Hi Guys Was wondering if anyone has come across a VS 2000 CD with the VGA/Mouse board option with the mouse not working?I have...

Viper659
replies: 3 views: 1,379
Viper659 11th November 2010

I am not sure where to put this, so if the mods want/need to move it feel free. I am doing a research paper on Rai music and I...

abell1234
replies: 0 views: 477
abell1234 11th November 2010

I bought some Audix powered monitors many years ago. Recently, a capacitor went out on the amp module. I contacted Audix USA...

nuthinupmysleeve
replies: 0 views: 472
Louis Richner 11th November 2010

I just bought a mic off a feller here that claimed to have a ridiculous low self noise level. So, it comes in the mail and i set...

capnreverb
replies: 7 views: 641
jeremy.c. 11th November 2010

I came across these mics on a drum kit in Glynn Johns configuration in a band's practice space. I have searched high and low to...

gotmicswiltravel
replies: 7 views: 851
Louis Richner 11th November 2010

So I need a another vocal mic and right now I'm torn between an AKG 214 and an Audio-Technica 4033. Band's I record that I need...

nodie33
replies: 6 views: 2,579
monkeyxx 11th November 2010

I am a looking for suggestions from Nord players. This is currently for studio use only, in a simple songwriting setup (mainly a...

thesuitelounge
replies: 1 views: 617
ebot9000 11th November 2010

OK so I am noticing that my mixes in my new control room are a bit bottom heavy for my liking so I am considering adding a sub...

Pred80r
replies: 4 views: 618
Flying_Dutchman 11th November 2010

alright, so who mixed 'vision one' by royksopp? brilliant!!!

jwleeman
replies: 1 views: 696
007 11th November 2010

This has come back to bite me in the ass on a few occasions. I am summimg a song to a stereo mix. I stop the song make a...

dft3670
replies: 15 views: 2,720
theblue1 11th November 2010

Should I set it to reverse or normal? thanks... I make mostly pop, and some bass heavy material. Thanks

KennaOkoye
replies: 4 views: 8,126
Ethan Winer 11th November 2010

So I was doing my usual eBay browsing and I came across this rather interesting listing: Sspatializer 3D Stereo for ssl neve...

musicjohnny
replies: 2 views: 2,552
musicjohnny 11th November 2010

After saving up our cash forever, my band recently picked up and moved across the country to live in a cheap place (Athens, GA)...

icometoshanghai
replies: 23 views: 3,113
Hardtoe 11th November 2010

Hi All, Thought you might like these. We interviewed Bernard Butler a while back as he's got a UAD Quad. Talked about what he...

sourcedist
replies: 1 views: 1,215
sourcedist 11th November 2010

OK, so I got the Saffire Pro 40 and I'm really liking it. Very good conversion and what I've heard of the pres is nice. I have...

Sad Iron Studio
replies: 3 views: 1,714
Andy-Focusrite 11th November 2010

Prism ADA-8XR-DSD-PTHD or Prism ADA-8XR-PTHD-MDSD What is the difference?

Scott Mix
replies: 4 views: 796
NetworkAudio 11th November 2010

I use my MPC3000 almost as just a sequencer now. I have an XP-30 and Ableton Live with VSTis. I have noticed that there is a...

jkung
replies: 2 views: 957
jkung 11th November 2010

Can't find this info anywhere. Accounts of real-world experiences would be really appreciated.

thenewyear
replies: 2 views: 602
The Byre 11th November 2010

Dear, once and a while when crawling the forum my interest gains in help topics with no smiling face appearance at that time...

L. C.:
replies: 2 views: 913
Andy-Focusrite 11th November 2010

Hi, I bought a Nordlead 1 which uses a Fatar made keyboard like many other synths, and noticed that one key is behaving...

flextone
replies: 0 views: 489
flextone 11th November 2010

Hey Guys, I switched from Mac to PC which meant giving up my Ensemble (no drivers for PC). I jumped on the MR816 bandwaggon and...

OCDaveWilcox
replies: 0 views: 665
OCDaveWilcox 11th November 2010

Hey there chaps. I'm thinking of investing in the SSL Duende Mini, but I was wondering if there are any issues with running it...

frankielowe
replies: 0 views: 876
frankielowe 11th November 2010

I recently bought a UA LA-610 and sent in the voucher to get the free uad 2- duo i was just wondering if anyone got theirs yet? I...

byerssound
replies: 7 views: 992
outcastrising 11th November 2010

Well, I always trusted my ears and even though Im not a veteran expert, etc, I get good results/feedback and every A/B test I...

thiagoabreu
replies: 41 views: 22,502
ZangTumblyTumble 11th November 2010

I've found a few pages about this, but can't quite figure out what would be the best route to go down. I've recently bought two...

Spikeh
replies: 2 views: 875
Spikeh 11th November 2010

Hey all, right now I'm using a matched pair of NT5's as over heads. I'm looking into buying a nicer set of mics that arn't to...

Surf Street Rec.
replies: 3 views: 1,021
judah 11th November 2010

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search