The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I like pro tools for the editing.. but the midi/intruement part is horrible. Im talking serious midi.. not engineer who...

Toby snowby
replies: 50 views: 3,189
drBill 1st January 2011

I have an an acoustic kit but have a need for Electronic drums as well.. Im tight on funds so im looking for a used Roland...

Pchicago
replies: 12 views: 1,979
Pchicago 1st January 2011

Finally stopped lurking and decided to pipe in; this site has helped me out A LOT with my understanding of the recording world....

Unexplainedbacon
replies: 20 views: 1,101
Unexplainedbacon 1st January 2011

For production (sequencing in software...maybe tracking vocals once in a blue moon, no instruments/drums), and doing a bit of...

GP89
replies: 9 views: 1,101
doulos24 1st January 2011

Hi guys, I searched but couldn't find an answer to this exact question. My band is going to start using some backing tracks...

campersand
replies: 6 views: 637
campersand 31st December 2010

I feel like you can get a really powerful mixes in mono. Take The Beatles or The Beach Boys, the mono mixes (imho) sound WAY...

Horking My Lunch
replies: 56 views: 4,554
doug hazelrigg 31st December 2010

I am looking to track a Dylan-esque acoustic guitar to accompany voice only, in a folk song. I have a nice Schoenberg mahogany OM...

daveybouy
replies: 6 views: 3,552
JStuart 31st December 2010

Any opinions on the PMC TB2S+ passives?? Can buy a pair for $1200 new/open box, which seems a good deal, if they sound...

analogjeff
replies: 6 views: 1,720
FireMoon 31st December 2010

Hello, I attempted to log into my ilok account only to find that ilok.com is showing up as complete gibberish. Is this...

LGK_Dude
replies: 7 views: 829
mikebeck 31st December 2010

Happy New Year fellow slutz !

fossaree
replies: 1 views: 526
theboogieman 31st December 2010

Hi! I am in Miami this week. Do anyone know where I can buy a Cascade Fathead II pair in Miami ? Thanks,

LYD
replies: 0 views: 670
LYD 31st December 2010

A few months ago I started a small studio. It's a really nice facility with a large analog console, mac pro running Logic, RME 16...

BanuMusic
replies: 28 views: 5,405
henryrobinett 31st December 2010

My Digi 192 clips on input well before the ua 8110 output does. Does anybody know the best procedure for calibrating in this...

novus dae
replies: 2 views: 727
Hammer Mark 31st December 2010

What do you prefer? I'll be connecting a pre to a comp to an interface. Seems to me 90s would be neater and less likely to be...

Old Goat
replies: 8 views: 798
joeq 31st December 2010

So I have come across some extra money and i want to buy something new for my production studio. i do hip-hop production ---MY...

DestinationSound
replies: 0 views: 511
DestinationSound 31st December 2010

Hi All: Will the new Symphony I/O run with my G5/10.5.8/PTHD 8.0.1? I'm moving my HD3 Accel over from a G4 to a G5 DP2.7 GHz....

Capturemic
replies: 4 views: 1,149
kats 31st December 2010

Up to this point, I've done most of my recording work on a single victim (myself) and have done it via a simple audio I/F into...

fadrian
replies: 6 views: 783
bdenton 31st December 2010

just in case,at the moment(fingers crossed...) Thanks!

bill26
replies: 2 views: 581
Keire 31st December 2010

Hi I have a gemini MK2 mic and run it through a Mackie 402-VLZ3 mixer into my PC which has an EMU 0404 soundcard. I feel the...

rossnuk
replies: 9 views: 1,676
mrcimple 31st December 2010

How do I measure sound loss when i run some thigns via outboards gear? I mean, have an old EQ and need to know that it cut/boost...

sat159p1
replies: 10 views: 713
RiF 31st December 2010

Has anyone read or even flipped though this book? Here's the description: "Understanding Records explains the musical...

illold3chordme
replies: 2 views: 1,541
LunchboxHo 31st December 2010

Hi there. Today I made short test of Massive Passive emulation of two great products - UAD and Focusrite Liquid mix. The...

icecubeman
replies: 29 views: 2,701
Deleted #157546 31st December 2010

Hello , Do you know how to produce the "oohs" choir pad/synth on AIR 10000hz - How does it make you feel ? (We can...

jebb
replies: 19 views: 2,509
decocco 31st December 2010

Does anyone have any opinion on using a combination of Adam A7X with a Genelec 7050 Sub? Is it a good / bad idea? I also have an...

Wheelie
replies: 0 views: 1,214
Wheelie 31st December 2010

Mad respect to the players, producer, and engineers on this new record. Amazing sound...present, clean and "just" wet...

R3k
replies: 3 views: 1,585
Alex Kretov 31st December 2010

This may be a dumb question but I wanted some feedback. I have 3 22" monitors that is taking up alot of space in my studio....

royalxvi
replies: 3 views: 672
kstackm 31st December 2010

Hey fellow slutz, Surfed a couple of hours to see if it is stupid of me to buy a Duende classic (now that there is ADC with Pro...

mikkelkiilerich
replies: 4 views: 1,460
exel 31st December 2010

Is there one? The reasons I ask: - they're both from Germany, about 70 km apart - they both have a product called Niveau...

andychamp
replies: 5 views: 998
andychamp 31st December 2010

Anyone do extensive experimenting with the different Nebula tape programs available - what's the cream of the crop? I know...

Morten
replies: 5 views: 1,670
Morten 31st December 2010

Hello, Are some people here willing to share some tricks about vocal mixing ? Why not a nice example with 2 sound files...

jebb
replies: 2 views: 1,834
mdoelger 31st December 2010

Quick question for anyone with experience. I may be picking up a FIVEFISH pre. My lunchbox is an OSA Trackpack. I saw a pic in an...

Buss-me
replies: 0 views: 571
Buss-me 31st December 2010
Avatar for Jim Keaney @ Devotion Recording

This might morph into a moan zone thing, but why do sellers ignore the market value of items? Are they dreaming? An example:...

Jim Keaney @ Devotion Recording
replies: 19 views: 1,157
John Willett 31st December 2010

I really need to get a subwoofer, cause my rockit 5's cant handle the intense bass frequencies i deal with when producing. But i...

Dmillerde
replies: 4 views: 2,062
BradLyons 31st December 2010

I currently have JBL LSR4326P monitors and I'm considering getting a set of NS10's too. Assuming I do get the NS10's, I'm...

maxiedaniels
replies: 3 views: 2,041
djanthonyw 31st December 2010

Like I said in the title, please be gentle... I am a singer and, in the past, I've always relied on the musicians I've worked...

dirtyweebesom
replies: 39 views: 1,975
hereticskeptic 31st December 2010

In your view, what is currently considered to be the most advanced and best sounding recording studio in the world?

RainbowStorm
replies: 18 views: 5,228
doug hazelrigg 31st December 2010

I'm looking for lofi plugs - I own digis lofi but what else is on the market? how can I get a 8bit retro sound with a plugin?

pete
replies: 8 views: 1,173
carllock 31st December 2010

Hey slutz, anyone have any insight on this mic, I have combed the net and there is dick all about it. Please if anyone owns or...

loosejaw
replies: 2 views: 1,121
loosejaw 31st December 2010

I am around 4 am every night. I am working but still feel like i waste time. Gonna try to go sleep earlier and wake up earlier to...

jkung
replies: 26 views: 1,337
JRock 31st December 2010

I'm a one man shop in a small town - I have a client that claims she has never been charged for roughs to take home - is this...

alkooloid
replies: 15 views: 4,970
los marbles 31st December 2010

After trying and failing to get the sounds I want out of logics space designer ive decided im going to invest in a new reverb....

Mardi Gras
replies: 9 views: 1,172
Sky 31st December 2010

Can anyone tell me about this guitar. The only info i find is in german lol! My friend is trying to sell and wants to know how...

byerssound
replies: 0 views: 1,206
byerssound 31st December 2010

I've found myself over-driving various devices around the studio, clipping percussion transients for a little extra top-end...

replies: 4 views: 998
Kiwi 31st December 2010

I'm having problems copying the Dr. Rex loop to track. it previously would copy over when I hit the "to track" button....

awalker
replies: 1 views: 1,498
nadumr 31st December 2010

it is just the plastic thing that the volume pot sticks in it cracked, old speaker, or how can i reinforce the plastic so its not...

MakeMeRich
replies: 0 views: 446
MakeMeRich 31st December 2010

My band is using a Mackie CR 1604 mixer that only has 6 balanced XLR inputs. The rest are 1/4" unbalanced. We will need to...

Fandango
replies: 5 views: 1,870
LimeMusic 31st December 2010

I recently bought a roland 404sx to replace my laptop for backing tracks. Music is mixed mono and panned to one side for the...

floater138
replies: 1 views: 3,709
Muser 31st December 2010

This may be out of my own ignorance here, but I have now mixed and mastered several albums / EP's / Demo's (Mainly Metal) for...

Deleted 6ccb844
replies: 7 views: 869
Nelson89 31st December 2010

I just bought an R84 last week, and I have tried it out on a few different sources. The overall midrange tone is nice, but it...

Yetti
replies: 31 views: 4,943
jCocteau 31st December 2010

So, talking with some old studio cats today got me thinking. I know that the console was a necessity "in the day"...

replies: 25 views: 2,730
....... 31st December 2010

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search