The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This is a noob question so I'll thank you in advance for being gentle with me. Thank you :) Now, here's my situation: I did a...

Scott Whigham
replies: 4 views: 560
nst7 2nd January 2011

I have this old unlabeled console with Alps faders, Shinohara VU's 8 bus limiters. Who on earth made this?

urbanopolis
replies: 6 views: 1,882
urbanopolis 2nd January 2011

What if every compressor, eq....comes with a set of plastic faces with holes in the knobs and switches? We could mark, store and...

matrix
replies: 14 views: 1,230
Gijs 2nd January 2011

i've been building up an arsenal of microphones lately and i'm stuck at a crossroad. here is my abbreviated condensor...

TelosHedge
replies: 19 views: 1,088
TelosHedge 2nd January 2011

I'd like to use the stand alone unit as an interface/mixer into the DAW to record on the computer. Is it possible to do this?...

asdfdsa
replies: 9 views: 1,739
asdfdsa 2nd January 2011

Gads. I'm getting to wonder what is it with CD burn apps? I'm done with Pyro, some others can't keep track#'s, names and 'artist...

Wayne
replies: 4 views: 687
Jerrick 2nd January 2011

Hi, I wrote an email to m-audio today expressing all our frustrations with the PFLB. (Clicks, pops, drop-outs, error messages,...

naethoven
replies: 151 views: 27,108
Dysanfel 2nd January 2011

I finally got my brand new monitors going yesterday...only to find out one of my monitor inputs on my interface doesn't work. I'm...

fastlanestoner
replies: 3 views: 476
fastlanestoner 1st January 2011

hello, I'm thinking about getting my DDA Interface console serviced. Channel 6 and 8 are wonky. THey cut in and out. Turing the...

bamb00
replies: 5 views: 683
andychamp 1st January 2011

I did - I pushed forward a few purchases that I could have waited on for a few more weeks/months. I bought an SPL 2Control and an...

Scott Whigham
replies: 10 views: 1,177
ArisA 1st January 2011

Hello, I have already opened up another topic on this subject, but I was getting a lot of recommendations about the Shure SM7b...

Marly88
replies: 4 views: 4,344
TLR 1st January 2011

Researching old threads I discovered a potential problem with the 9652 card... It seems the spacing does not allow for premium...

Madestew
replies: 2 views: 498
ivansc 1st January 2011

Do you know great (Rock, Pop) audio chains (pre>comp>eq) to rival high end Channel Strips. I have being reading articles...

Red Baron
replies: 0 views: 532
Red Baron 1st January 2011

How is this being miced and any idea what the mics are ? Is this figure 8 on top pointing left and right or is it just two...

bringmewater
replies: 7 views: 837
Lee Cardan 1st January 2011

Hi guys! The last few days i´ve been down in the cellar soldering preamps from Soundskulptor. I wanted to post these soundfiles...

MatsL
replies: 4 views: 1,693
Matt Salazar 1st January 2011

What are some albums that any aspiring audio engineer should own and why would you recommend them? Please be specific on what...

Jay M
replies: 61 views: 4,696
mElt 1st January 2011

Hi everybody, happy new year!!! thumbsup I'm in search of a quality passive line splitter (which has no audible impact on the...

Tuberizer
replies: 0 views: 523
Tuberizer 1st January 2011

Hi everybody and happy new year! Can you help me with this? Which mic is Jack White using on his Fender amp? (see attached...

Gio
replies: 0 views: 654
Gio 1st January 2011

What is best way to do this (I'm using Cubase 5) as this is for an album. EDIT: is 44.1k/16bit mandatory for mp3 ....also to...

asdfdsa
replies: 12 views: 1,836
Trakworx 1st January 2011

would I see an improvement using a digi interface over a 3rd party one in terms of performance? thanks, M

SOLOIST101
replies: 8 views: 1,308
Bruno B 1st January 2011

I usually like to buy used cause i tend to find really good deals but im getting antsy waiting for a pair of cem6's to go up for...

jourdan11
replies: 0 views: 607
jourdan11 1st January 2011

I'm considering the lynx AES 16 card (PCI, no PCIe) and hear there are driver issues...that's the last thing I want. I'm using...

Unknown soldier
replies: 0 views: 544
Unknown soldier 1st January 2011

Happy New Year fellow slutz! So I've been looking for a new computer to use as my dedicated DAW and I've landed on a Apple Mac...

smagnant
replies: 5 views: 843
smagnant 1st January 2011

I hope someone can help me. I was moving my dda d-series console when i heard a loud popping noise come out of the monitors. I...

willheights
replies: 0 views: 642
willheights 1st January 2011

I'm looking to get more tactile (less mouse) with my recording/mixing and was wondering which budget control surface people have...

whereisbkp
replies: 3 views: 2,260
turtlejon 1st January 2011

What are your plans and ambitions for 2011? Personally, I would like to improve my setup and skills (I am a beginner with a very...

Dudevico
replies: 17 views: 991
Sean Sullivan 1st January 2011

Anyone know who Owl City's mixing engineer is? -Jeff

jwleeman
replies: 2 views: 1,527
tomorrowstops 1st January 2011

I'm considering either a combination of an ADI-2 and DAV BG-1, or a Metric Halo ULN-2 by itself for some quality recording and...

BBlack
replies: 11 views: 2,019
loaf 1st January 2011

I was wondering if any you knows Saturn Sound ( SATURN SOUND Recording Services/Home ). They offer a very interesting...

Ciozzi
replies: 23 views: 5,504
matucha 1st January 2011

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows what mic Jani uses in the studio? Especially on the song Blind Faith!

gregdeerberg
replies: 4 views: 691
AllAboutTone 1st January 2011

I just got my first audio interface today. I got the Lexicon Alfa for like 70 bucks. It's amazing how much louder the signal...

tyler1205
replies: 0 views: 524
tyler1205 1st January 2011

Not sure about this 100%.. but after i installed it.. I started to get my computer turn itself off while i was using pro...

Toby snowby
replies: 2 views: 417
Toby snowby 1st January 2011

Is there any music gear that goes up appreciably in value over time that would make for a real investment? Stock up on gear from...

bringmewater
replies: 30 views: 2,149
The MPCist 1st January 2011

Hi, I really like the vocals in Cookie Cutter Especially I'm refering to minute 0.33. The vocal sounds really fat, is this...

mitchnmiami
replies: 3 views: 996
Kiwi 1st January 2011

Fellow Slutz and vocal enthusiasts alike, I was hoping that this may be of interest and possibly of use to some. I recorded my...

paulvanmusic
replies: 3 views: 583
aj633 1st January 2011

So I have been contacting D&R for about a year now to order a pre-fader level knob and the power supply schematics, and all...

David Araujo
replies: 19 views: 1,669
jazzbazz 1st January 2011

How would one (one being me) go about doing this? How would you spend $4-5k appropriately for starting a mixing studio? Already...

u2bonoman
replies: 46 views: 2,800
jchadstopherhuez 1st January 2011

I like pro tools for the editing.. but the midi/intruement part is horrible. Im talking serious midi.. not engineer who...

Toby snowby
replies: 50 views: 3,188
drBill 1st January 2011

I have an an acoustic kit but have a need for Electronic drums as well.. Im tight on funds so im looking for a used Roland...

Pchicago
replies: 12 views: 1,979
Pchicago 1st January 2011

Finally stopped lurking and decided to pipe in; this site has helped me out A LOT with my understanding of the recording world....

Unexplainedbacon
replies: 20 views: 1,101
Unexplainedbacon 1st January 2011

For production (sequencing in software...maybe tracking vocals once in a blue moon, no instruments/drums), and doing a bit of...

GP89
replies: 9 views: 1,101
doulos24 1st January 2011

Hi guys, I searched but couldn't find an answer to this exact question. My band is going to start using some backing tracks...

campersand
replies: 6 views: 637
campersand 31st December 2010

I feel like you can get a really powerful mixes in mono. Take The Beatles or The Beach Boys, the mono mixes (imho) sound WAY...

Horking My Lunch
replies: 56 views: 4,553
doug hazelrigg 31st December 2010

I am looking to track a Dylan-esque acoustic guitar to accompany voice only, in a folk song. I have a nice Schoenberg mahogany OM...

daveybouy
replies: 6 views: 3,549
JStuart 31st December 2010

Any opinions on the PMC TB2S+ passives?? Can buy a pair for $1200 new/open box, which seems a good deal, if they sound...

analogjeff
replies: 6 views: 1,720
FireMoon 31st December 2010

Hello, I attempted to log into my ilok account only to find that ilok.com is showing up as complete gibberish. Is this...

LGK_Dude
replies: 7 views: 829
mikebeck 31st December 2010

Happy New Year fellow slutz !

fossaree
replies: 1 views: 526
theboogieman 31st December 2010

Hi! I am in Miami this week. Do anyone know where I can buy a Cascade Fathead II pair in Miami ? Thanks,

LYD
replies: 0 views: 670
LYD 31st December 2010

A few months ago I started a small studio. It's a really nice facility with a large analog console, mac pro running Logic, RME 16...

BanuMusic
replies: 28 views: 5,405
henryrobinett 31st December 2010

My Digi 192 clips on input well before the ua 8110 output does. Does anybody know the best procedure for calibrating in this...

novus dae
replies: 2 views: 726
Hammer Mark 31st December 2010

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search