The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi Guys, I'm looking for some specific information in regards to the Dolby SR 'encoding' trick. I know the sound it brings, I...

Deleted User
replies: 0 views: 1,416
marcus 13th January 2011

I need a small digital input device for a laptop (PC) that I can attach a good converter to. What's available in the digital era?

SmooveG
replies: 2 views: 444
SmooveG 13th January 2011

Hi Guys, I am thinking about changing my fireface 800 for a zed R16 has anybody used both, i like the idea of having an outboard...

empirix
replies: 0 views: 643
empirix 13th January 2011

Out of the 2 versions I've heard of Electric Feel by these guys the Abby Road recording leaves the other in the dust. ...

Halloween
replies: 38 views: 5,277
Chris Lago 13th January 2011

Take a look at this! gorgeous! YouTube - Nobody Loves Me And Neither Do I (Studio)

laperlestudio
replies: 54 views: 17,756
mattqualls 13th January 2011

I mixed this song and i feel that the vocals stand out way too much. I used a compressor and limiter to stick them together so...

da4gotten92
replies: 0 views: 479
da4gotten92 13th January 2011

I just bought a studio sub (M-Audio SBX10) I am using it in conjunction with my BX8a's and I am wondering if there is a general...

Skitzso
replies: 6 views: 1,439
Skitzso 13th January 2011

I'm looking to add 8 channels to my Apogee Ensemble setup to allow for recording of 16 channels simultaneously into my newer iMac...

jacksonburn
replies: 5 views: 1,809
jacksonburn 13th January 2011

Hi everyone, have a bit of dilemma choosing which one to go for, ideally im looking for good phat synthetic sounds mostly to be...

blackafgano
replies: 0 views: 506
blackafgano 13th January 2011

What exactly determines 70's or 80's sound or any other era's sound? Is it gear? Is it musicians? Is it recording and mixing...

doubledecker
replies: 7 views: 820
audiogeek 13th January 2011

hi, i´m running my power mac without any problems since quite a ling time, but now i start to have some issues with the fans,...

Toast
replies: 2 views: 3,190
Toast 13th January 2011

Hey guys I went for the best bang for my buck and got a Metric Halo UL2 Legacy box that I learned through GS has really great...

mrnomer09
replies: 2 views: 867
antti 13th January 2011

Ok, so from what I hear, if you're going to get a pair of headphones to mix in, you should go with open ear headphones. The thing...

tyler1205
replies: 2 views: 768
scepstral 13th January 2011

An old friend of mine just hooked me up for free with this unit. 1978 Teac 15 Mixer Desk station. It has 24 channels & 8...

statictrash
replies: 9 views: 7,201
Surbitone 13th January 2011

Okay. The iPod amp isn't cutting it anymore. Does anyone know of a quality amp that is ment to be used with the iPod. When I...

Will-Low
replies: 6 views: 1,154
John Willett 13th January 2011

Looking to rent a U87 tomorrow, in the London area.. If anybody can help please let me know!! Many thanks.

A.D
replies: 2 views: 560
psycho_monkey 13th January 2011

Hi I normally always use my Shure Sm57 mic about a half inch off center of my amp when recording my guitars. I also have a...

shamanrock
replies: 0 views: 1,093
shamanrock 13th January 2011

Who has any experience with the Onyx I series, in particular as it relates to the compatibility with Pro Tools and Logic versus...

doktahyde
replies: 1 views: 527
Manfrensengensen 13th January 2011

Ya know, i'm still not yet a fan of SS drums but you gotta love how they put their money where their mouth is!Greetings Audio...

freddy blogs
replies: 1 views: 744
joshalpha 13th January 2011

I have 4 sm57's and none of them sound alike at all. Well, two sound similar, but not similar enough to be the same mic in my...

Einstein
replies: 5 views: 579
dustyreels 13th January 2011

If so, how do you get started in this. I'm assuming you have to come up with a demo reel and then audition for it? Is it all...

FatBassPlayer
replies: 36 views: 7,678
directcomposer 13th January 2011

I just finished an audio post project in PT8 and need to deliver it to the supervising sound editor/mixer He is still running...

aleatoric
replies: 14 views: 10,175
Scoundrel1 13th January 2011

while i really like the SMGSLT forum and the remote forum for all the informative and helpful posts from our membership, i find...

jnorman
replies: 0 views: 466
jnorman 13th January 2011

I recently have purchased the NI Maschine and it is just a phenomenal, easy to use little piece of equipment. I am having some...

A-G-Z
replies: 0 views: 605
A-G-Z 13th January 2011

I've been in a few really nice studios, and the engineers have always tossed around all the vintage names... LA3A, 1176, LA2A,...

chille01
replies: 4 views: 1,385
chille01 13th January 2011

Just got the MicroMain35's and I absolutely love them. The 27's was too big for my room but these are just perfect. The only...

Stephaan
replies: 5 views: 2,047
gearluster 13th January 2011

Hi everyone So I have a couple of Linn power amps (klouts) that I was given by a friend. I want to use them to drive an extra...

Jack Ruston
replies: 1 views: 870
adamhand 13th January 2011

Hey Slutz! Picked up a tascam m-216 a while back and it has been gathering dust in my studio. I would love to use it but it's...

plankton9
replies: 2 views: 2,022
plankton9 13th January 2011

Hey all! I wrote a jingle that is a finalist to win a new car. One of the tunes in the running is using IP blockers to cheat, but...

enochjensen
replies: 8 views: 569
BudgetMC 13th January 2011

Hi guys! So I'm at a bit of a standstill here, and this might sound kind of dumb... but here goes! Being the poor,...

QuadWing
replies: 11 views: 683
initialsBB 13th January 2011

Has anyone else noticed that rim shots, even played correctly by a good drummer seems to choke the sound in the spot mics on a...

Freedomof81
replies: 14 views: 3,060
Beyersound 13th January 2011

I thought a thread for sharing tips/techniques on finding great deals on gear could be useful to people trying to run a studio...

Dr.Poon
replies: 7 views: 793
sameal 13th January 2011

Does anyone have any reviews of the samson cl2s?

[email protected]
replies: 3 views: 1,303
jcdlc72 13th January 2011

Just got a Casio PX130 and I wish to plug it into my computer to record it on there. The piano has a USB slot in the back....

iEatPiano
replies: 3 views: 515
iEatPiano 13th January 2011

Hey guys, I was lucky enough to get into contact with John Travis who did every part of this record, and he was awesome enough to...

dfahb44
replies: 10 views: 3,557
fowler137 13th January 2011

I don't intend to mix or master what I record, with this in mind I have spent money on the room, mics, pres, compressors and...

My Tiny Circus
replies: 10 views: 947
tha]-[acksaw 13th January 2011

Hey all! I'm looking to upgrade my setup. I'm using an M-Audio 1814 firewire interface with logic 9. I was wondering if the...

BrettEffinThomas
replies: 0 views: 523
BrettEffinThomas 13th January 2011

Hi I'm looking to purchase one of the following controllers second hand to use with logic.. Could any recommend which one would...

shredda
replies: 0 views: 608
shredda 13th January 2011

Haha this is going to sound totally like a plug, I promise i'm not affiliated with these guys in anyway but... anyone ever used...

utters
replies: 0 views: 557
utters 13th January 2011

Hey everyone, I'm excited to make my first post! I've already found tons of useful advice here so.... thanks! Anyway I am...

aharris
replies: 8 views: 1,667
Cody 13th January 2011

I know this is a little abstract, but what do you think is going to be the best. The Pre's on the Helicon are quiet and smooth...

Deleted 6ccb844
replies: 3 views: 600
Deleted 6ccb844 13th January 2011

I have been trying to get PT 9 running on my PC and have been running into problems with the firewire drivers, my firewire port...

Bob Vinsick
replies: 0 views: 454
Bob Vinsick 12th January 2011

I'm thinking about selling my current Presonus interface for a M Audio 2626 because I am looking for an 8 channel interface that...

burningTr33
replies: 3 views: 590
burningTr33 12th January 2011

HI! Is there anyone with this set up?? my studio is 16m2 a.k.a 13 feet x 13 feet.. will it be enough power to cover the...

brubru
replies: 0 views: 2,708
brubru 12th January 2011

how do you guys deal with the initial attacks on a track w/ RS124 plugin? I can automate the hold feature throughout the track,...

dero
replies: 3 views: 1,146
dero 12th January 2011

Just got this all in the mail over the past few days and I just wanted to get some ideas of how other people are doing...

Scott Whigham
replies: 4 views: 1,840
NF Audio 12th January 2011

what's the lowdown on the jdk r22 compressor? I'm looking for a comp in this price range and this seems to fit the picture.

thenassaproject
replies: 0 views: 2,357
thenassaproject 12th January 2011

Hi all There's a local ad for a dynacord gigant II 6 channel mixer. Just wanna know if anyone has any experience with them....

teejaytee
replies: 0 views: 3,016
teejaytee 12th January 2011

Hi everyone, I recently inherited an ADK TC-9 tube condenser mic but without the power supply. Does anyone know how I would go...

zoso335
replies: 0 views: 561
zoso335 12th January 2011

Hey folks, what are the general impressions of the digi 003 in terms of preamps and also ad/da conversion quality? thanks, M

SOLOIST101
replies: 5 views: 3,223
dpalasini 12th January 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search