The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey yall, I'm new here. I've been in bands and hanging in studios all my life, and am just starting to get into recording myself...

letsjumpnow
replies: 3 views: 750
nst7 28th January 2011

Hi, Ive been offered one for $540 US. Is this a good buy? Owner says its in great cond and comes with free unused tape. I...

Edward Shnapper
replies: 1 views: 818
rene-lemieux 28th January 2011

Simple philsophical question... what comes first, music or lyrics? I'm stuggling to decide - I'm more in to actual production,...

Grimbog
replies: 37 views: 2,173
baskervils 28th January 2011

Anybody in NZ know which stores around the country have a good selection of studio monitors which are set up so I can listen to...

Rotaholic
replies: 6 views: 370
-TheFrog- 28th January 2011

Ok I'm about to switch to Alphalink w/ PT9 as many, but I can't decide what card to use to connect the SSL to the PC. It seems...

Retinal
replies: 8 views: 2,982
Morlock 28th January 2011

Just wanted to thank Ron T for taking the time out to help a Newbie. The guy really knows his stuff. Mike AKA...

Sniffyduke
replies: 0 views: 430
Sniffyduke 28th January 2011

First of all i have read that acoustic treatment is important, but on most threads i have read, they are mostly talking about...

John Z
replies: 18 views: 8,897
Mr.HOLMES 28th January 2011

Hi, everybody! We have a small problem with connecting Nuendo to SSL Matrix, it doesn't wanna control all 16 channels, just only...

AP Productions
replies: 5 views: 1,155
AP Productions 28th January 2011

The amount of fuzz is not noticable if tracks are at a reasonable volume. But if I go slightly higher, I hear a fuzz-static...

sw0mgt
replies: 3 views: 1,179
Dan Kennedy 28th January 2011

Anyone any idea idea how old a Coles with this serial number, 432, would be? One has shown up still in it's original box with...

FireMoon
replies: 0 views: 668
FireMoon 28th January 2011

Hey Everyone !!! just wanted to know what compressor you guys used the most, especially for vocals...Which one gets the most work...

etrella
replies: 60 views: 6,570
jazbina 28th January 2011

Hi folks, I have been playing around with "tape saturation" processes lately and thought I will upload an unprocessed...

WunderBro Flo
replies: 13 views: 1,283
dalcl 28th January 2011

acme opticom xla-3 - anyone heard it yet? read a review in resolution magazine (UK) - sounds cool. vintage king will carry...

mixerguy
replies: 3 views: 3,736
tapehiss 28th January 2011

Bottom line: I'm pissed that IndabaMusic's servers keep corrupting the mixes I make and I'm looking for alternatives. I bought...

Scott Whigham
replies: 2 views: 2,336
ianbryn11 28th January 2011

I'm trying to narrow down my search of all the sample libraries. Right now, I'm searching mainly through Goldbaby's Vintage Drum...

EzekielNoise
replies: 0 views: 561
EzekielNoise 27th January 2011

I recently began building my personal home studio for recording and mixing music. The next piece of equipment I'm interested in...

bjs
replies: 2 views: 699
bjs 27th January 2011

I know of several engineers that print their mixes to another computer after sending it through outboard gear. One setup I...

ericemery
replies: 32 views: 2,267
psycho_monkey 27th January 2011

I am offering up affordable studio space in Manhattan with access to a VO booth and a great microphone selection. Perfect for...

mixologypost
replies: 0 views: 1,071
mixologypost 27th January 2011

Hi Guy's So I will be getting my hands on some money in a couple of month's, in stead of just buying little here a little there....

Deleted 6ccb844
replies: 49 views: 2,163
Deleted 6ccb844 27th January 2011

I am hoping to get some recommendations on silent PCs/Macs in 1 -1.5K price range. This machine is to be placed in the same room...

oprema
replies: 16 views: 2,172
John Suitcase 27th January 2011

ive been buying funky mic's the last few months. i got me a green bullet,a copperphone,a copperphone harmonica mini. and i just...

boomer81
replies: 0 views: 1,359
boomer81 27th January 2011

Back in the days.. when I used to create genius tracks on Acid gooof there was a damn good feature, that helped alot transportin...

blackafgano
replies: 0 views: 1,296
blackafgano 27th January 2011

let's share some links: Secrets Of The Mix Engineers | compendium of links SOUND ON SOUND Music Recording Technology...

nandi
replies: 4 views: 620
doulos30 27th January 2011

I know this isn't necessarily recording related, but I know a lot of sound guys frequent this forum. I'm looking for a really...

Dr.Poon
replies: 5 views: 1,461
chiefnobum 27th January 2011

it there a site or blog that explains how and when to use different plugins? Something that would explain how to adjust / fix the...

Peyton
replies: 9 views: 707
Ethan Winer 27th January 2011

Hey Guys, I rarely post regarding info on gear, but I've been out the loop for almost the past year. I just found out Protools 9...

TRCS
replies: 0 views: 1,141
TRCS 27th January 2011

Hi, I'm a sax player and I'm using an effects processor (digitech Vocal 300). Up till now I've been using a Shure Beta98 clip...

KingZeph
replies: 4 views: 3,996
KingZeph 27th January 2011

Hi All. I've bought a used Mackie Big Knob a few weeks ago. I didn't try the unit out, and I'm afraid that the unit is...

kas_lar
replies: 8 views: 6,461
Kosukisan 27th January 2011

Whats your top rated FREE vst's and vsti's. The only one I can think of now and which is a great one is Izotope Vinyl! Name...

Realziment
replies: 38 views: 24,574
casey campbell 27th January 2011

hi. anyone know the frequency range of the typical laptop...

SPORT
replies: 3 views: 11,462
Flying_Dutchman 27th January 2011

Hey guy's I have a question I'm about to have the 16x16 Avid HD unnit and a C24.. Should I wire the mics into the back of the C24...

HealyEnt.
replies: 7 views: 4,998
RonT 27th January 2011

I recently decided it was time to upgrade my recording gear. I decided to go with the AudioFire4 after reading countless positive...

Kasper91
replies: 1 views: 548
Kasper91 27th January 2011

Hi guys... I'm reading and diggin the Nebula and NAT software (Acustica-Audio).... It seems like N.A.T can create Nebula...

djimon
replies: 11 views: 3,440
beingmf 27th January 2011

So the Foo Fighters are recording again and this time they've enlisted Butch Vig. Apparently they're recording in Dave Grohl's...

ltemma74
replies: 15 views: 4,042
theblue1 27th January 2011

Hey guys, what sort of performance are you getting and with which macbook pro model? I just got the santa rosa 2.4 17"...

SOLOIST101
replies: 13 views: 3,076
RCM - Ronan 27th January 2011

If you only have 2 channels and you want to get stereo drums with a bit of weight in the kick, is it feasible to consider using...

richgilb
replies: 18 views: 5,116
Matti 27th January 2011

For the longest time I've been using my soundcard (Audigy 2 ZS) and computer speakers (Klipsch ProMedia) for producing/mixing...

shponglefan
replies: 5 views: 549
shponglefan 27th January 2011

Can you combine aux sends off a mixing board by using a combining Y cable (2 TRS cables from the auxes being soldered to one XLR...

ResonantMind
replies: 6 views: 2,151
Adlen 27th January 2011

Looking for input on what to mix down to. Our last two cds were mixed from protools to a Trident 80b back to pt for a 24 bit...

michael cleary
replies: 3 views: 558
travisbrown 27th January 2011

I know they have drivers for win 7 now, but they do not list ableton as one of the DAWs that are directly "compatible"...

Anthony Duran
replies: 1 views: 637
Anthony Duran 27th January 2011

I'm not really looking for a bass synth that can do overdriven in your face tones, more like deep lush "we didn't have a...

enroper
replies: 4 views: 1,111
Goliath|Audio 27th January 2011

Hey guys, I know that there are like 100,000 threads exactly like this and trust me when I say I'm confident that I've looked at...

ieatchairs
replies: 4 views: 1,195
ieatchairs 27th January 2011

Cubase 5. Quad core 2.5ghz 4gb ram Vista 64bit. Only 2gigs free on HDD, ( have 2tb ext. hooked up, near empty). The...

asdfdsa
replies: 16 views: 1,587
David Watts 27th January 2011

is there a free osx tool to convert flac into wav?

pete
replies: 4 views: 684
pete 27th January 2011

After reading SOS (Sound On Sound) the ONLY pub I trust because they have actually reviewed a number of products and have NOT...

theproduca
replies: 3 views: 2,239
nosebleedaudio 27th January 2011

Hey guys, At the moment I have a RME Fireface 400. However, it broke and will be down for some time at repair. I was thinking...

jangoux
replies: 0 views: 408
jangoux 27th January 2011

I have been looking at many forums and topics and have seen many recommendations, there seem to be a lot of them but not so much...

skyform
replies: 6 views: 1,361
yaren 27th January 2011

Trying to daisy chain an RME Fireface 800 to a external Hitachi G-Drive to a Mac Mini and the Fireface doesn't seem to like this...

pennyco
replies: 3 views: 3,287
NeedsMoreFuzz 27th January 2011

Hi everybody! I'm studying in the States and I will go back to my home country in October. Before going back I decided that I...

SillyHoney
replies: 0 views: 505
SillyHoney 27th January 2011

Can Logic receive midi messages through multiple ports, and if so how? The manual doesn't explain using multiple midi ports in...

Zarathunkya
replies: 2 views: 892
Muser 27th January 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search