The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByThomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Every time I record a vocal I A/B a platinum Focusrite Trak Master Preamp against two old desk pre's and the vocalist (and my...

pqlia
replies: 6 views: 1,136
pqlia 10th February 2011

Do you know differences between DDA Interface mixers and Venice series from Midas?

Superspunk
replies: 0 views: 1,206
Superspunk 10th February 2011

I've got room for one single space compressor in my rack - preferably a dual mono/stereo box. I can't seem to find anything...

John N
replies: 29 views: 4,853
Claude G. 10th February 2011

ok, So I\'ve been wondering for a while now what else exists in this space. I\'m talking about a plug in that will go on...

folb695
replies: 10 views: 1,136
chrisj 10th February 2011

Hi GS, Has anybody tried re-amping recorded signals from their laptop and then put the signals through a pedal of some kind...

soupking
replies: 2 views: 694
Booster_Kitty 10th February 2011

Has anyone managed to rig up a liquid channel to provide an alternative to reaching over to the rack to tweak the gain pot on the...

SvenMoose
replies: 1 views: 528
drbob1970 10th February 2011

Hi there. Just a quick question. I bought an MBox Pro last week. It's in transit at the moment from the warehouse. BUT I...

KOTARE
replies: 7 views: 940
stevens119 10th February 2011

I have many things attached via USB. (3 midi controllers, mouse, webcam, and keyboard) Will these effect my sound with a USB...

MusicGuy1980
replies: 2 views: 954
MusicGuy1980 10th February 2011

Should I be looking for one that is warm? or Phat? I get confused there. And where does it get plugged in? But I just saw...

MichaelJoly
replies: 3 views: 770
lukereelz 10th February 2011

Hi, I currently have a UA Solo 610 and Presonus Eureka. On occasions I like to track certain vocalists with a little...

dickiefunk
replies: 0 views: 812
dickiefunk 10th February 2011

How do you achieve tape saturation? Is it just as simple as overdriving the tape recorder's input? (lol, idk I've never owned a...

tyler1205
replies: 0 views: 427
tyler1205 10th February 2011

Stereo alan smart compressor c2m...this is one of the best compressors that you can strap across your stereo mix $1900

anj
replies: 4 views: 714
anj 10th February 2011

Hi guys! I'm looking for a snare sample (to blend in with a recorded snare) that sounds a lot like the tight sound he uses a...

benonline
replies: 5 views: 3,884
tha]-[acksaw 10th February 2011

Reading Stav's book right now (Mixing With Your Mind), and he constantly refers to the softness/hardness factor of mics, voices,...

Transcendence
replies: 5 views: 2,063
Transcendence 10th February 2011

I've done a lot of reading about these two units but havent been able to decide. Remaining questions are Between the Mackie...

jbaumet
replies: 2 views: 2,946
pw2005 10th February 2011

I'm about to get the symphony I/o system from them because it's tax free and free shipping. Just nervous in using them because no...

JustifiedStudios
replies: 17 views: 1,160
wavcatcher 10th February 2011

need suggestions for small soloing keyboard, nothing virtual, with lots of sounds, lots of ethnic, and all the other candy, am...

habakuk
replies: 0 views: 368
habakuk 10th February 2011

Ok I have been obsessed with reading gearslutz over the last few months. Spend hrs a day on here reading about gear and opinions....

ysf
replies: 61 views: 2,747
bigdoghat 10th February 2011

So it's time to sell the Mackie MR8s and move up in the world of monitor quality. I'm looking at three pairs of active monitors,...

slproductions01
replies: 2 views: 1,706
slproductions01 10th February 2011

got a strange problem with my 2nd hand purchased MOTU 24io. when i power up the unit, some of the input leds are at maximum...

frankyl
replies: 11 views: 1,501
rabidears 10th February 2011

Hello to all ,I am new to this forum can you all please help, there seems to be a lot of gear out there for controlling inputs...

Costas
replies: 2 views: 548
KungFuLio 10th February 2011

I recently listened to Neil Young for the first time (yes, shame on me), the album After The Goldrush, and the second the first...

cbc459
replies: 136 views: 18,111
Beyersound 10th February 2011

I've only produced electronic music by myself in my bedroom. I've got a couple of tracks with lyrics and would like to get a...

carbon
replies: 2 views: 921
Geoffrey A 10th February 2011

To supplement my normal studio income, I mix tracks for another local "engineer/producer". This is a good arrangement...

Elvis Christ
replies: 5 views: 616
spice house 10th February 2011

so i have a behringer b5 and it is a killer mic for the price. it has two interchangable omni and cariod capsules. but i was...

lukereelz
replies: 0 views: 2,256
lukereelz 10th February 2011

Hi, I'm JB, living in France, and searching bandmates to create something totally nuts. Microtonal music (using the MUGICIAN app)...

Faenivoldsk
replies: 6 views: 767
Faenivoldsk 10th February 2011

Hello again friends. I have indeed read the other Duet vs FF400 threads, but wondering if anyone can comment specifically on how...

Transcendence
replies: 0 views: 552
Transcendence 10th February 2011

When I change the master tempo value, the midi performances shift position, not just in relation to the grid, which would be...

jsbeeth
replies: 4 views: 633
Bender412 10th February 2011

Ive been using Nt5's on my overheads for a while now, and am looking to to take a good step up, possibly with Beyer Mc930 pair. I...

beau_mckee
replies: 9 views: 2,665
beau_mckee 10th February 2011

I have 2 options now for analog mixers. I am recording to 8 track 1/2" tape (Otari MX5050 MKIII). I am primarily using...

mikoo69
replies: 15 views: 5,850
uijui 10th February 2011

Hey gang - I've had my S20 for a couple of years now. I think it's great for the $600-ish used price tag. I have a specific...

rcb4t2
replies: 3 views: 1,192
rcb4t2 10th February 2011

I'm looking for somewhere to repair a Polivoks either in Berlin or the UK (preferably London). It works but drifts massively...

owenowen
replies: 0 views: 1,037
owenowen 10th February 2011

So Im doing a song with a friend and the guitar production for this specific track is screaming for a similar treatment/sound...

turnstile
replies: 22 views: 5,103
bringmewater 10th February 2011

What's your favourite threads here at Gearslutz? Why? Mine would have to be ...

bilbobaggins
replies: 9 views: 1,239
AnthonyRochester 10th February 2011

i bought a raxxcess surge protector for my rack and was wondering if i can plug my audio interface into with damaging the...

redemption91
replies: 2 views: 507
redemption91 9th February 2011

I have Cubase 5 32 bit on Windows 7 64 bit machine. I find the the Mackie controller does not work with my setup. I call mackie...

Tube World
replies: 4 views: 1,645
XXXEsq 9th February 2011

hey guys my english isn't good enough i guess.. I've tried to read the manual few times but I cant get my midi keyboard (Cakewalk...

Sapper
replies: 10 views: 690
Sapper 9th February 2011

Hi folks, I'm new to an iMac w/1TB HD, will be running Logic 9. Is it advisable (despite the amount of space at hand) to record...

Ree Fungorio
replies: 22 views: 4,214
winedup 9th February 2011

Hello, I simply can't make a decision. For the price of a new 710 Twin finity i can buy a Neve portico 5032. But the thing is,...

rowlow
replies: 9 views: 782
rowlow 9th February 2011

Hey I have no reason to pay out for something as this is just a demo of my own music, and I am a mastering engineer by trade, but...

Joe_caithness
replies: 6 views: 2,472
biggator6 9th February 2011

Hello I'd like to know if you use only balanced patch cable for connecting balanced and unbalanced devices? I've my...

elan
replies: 4 views: 5,072
elan 9th February 2011

Hello slutz, I'm a semi-experienced audio engineer who has very little knowledge of acoustic drum recording (I've worked only...

chip3341
replies: 9 views: 558
audiogeek 9th February 2011

A 1970's Garnet Tube PA head just came up in my local Kijiji classifieds, and I'm torn whether I should pick it up or not, I...

rene-lemieux
replies: 5 views: 1,231
drbob1 9th February 2011

I'm a recent convert to the Church Of Neil, and so obviously I want to be completely unoriginal and try to hunt his tone. Of...

enroper
replies: 41 views: 13,124
drBill 9th February 2011

I have a pair of Telefunken/TAB V76 preamps. The model number is actually V76fu.... that's right. and "fu" instead of...

carpmusic
replies: 0 views: 1,712
carpmusic 9th February 2011

Hi! For a planned live setup, I want the future drummer to incorporate some e-drums in his set.... I mix Pop/Rock/Acoustic...

Noise Commander
replies: 3 views: 847
brockorama 9th February 2011

Hi! I am just looking for new ways to integrate my HW Gear. I want to make the volume automation with my DAW(Pro tools...

zak7
replies: 2 views: 644
Anthony Duran 9th February 2011

Hi, I'm in the process of upgrading my drum mics right now. I am replacing the pg drum mic set that I have with a couple 57's, a...

nosignal
replies: 38 views: 7,453
Slap Back 9th February 2011

I was wondering about this when looking over the videos. The high-end V-drums sure are amazing, but $7K...and then I realized...

DinosaurSR
replies: 78 views: 9,114
cjogo 9th February 2011

Looking at a used (mint) set of the Yamaha HS80M, tested them yesterday, they work great, not sure if the price is right. They're...

Californian
replies: 4 views: 5,618
Californian 9th February 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search