The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey all- I decided to break all drum mic traditions and I gated both overhead mics on my drums. However, the noise gate is...

masterfader
replies: 8 views: 5,670
masterfader 25th February 2011

Not exactly sure what this would be termed, but basically looking for a very small room for rent, 24hr access that i can set up...

mikeracanelli
replies: 0 views: 527
mikeracanelli 25th February 2011

I am running PTHD with Apogee 16x AD/DAs. Now I want to digitally patch some reverbs via AES/EBU for use as sends/inserts. Can...

Marlowe
replies: 2 views: 526
Marlowe 25th February 2011

Hey all, I'm planning for an upcoming session and have two questions on tom micing, as that's uncharted territory for...

Torea
replies: 9 views: 4,018
Musiclab 25th February 2011

Question.....I'm currently working on porject that is incorperating a large number of different instruments.....maybe up to 60...

OzarkRoots
replies: 2 views: 564
OzarkRoots 25th February 2011

is there a DIY or pre-made solution to go from phantom power (48v from the board/mixing desk) to 9v to power guitar pedals? i'm...

francis
replies: 9 views: 6,420
zackl 25th February 2011

Hi, everyone i will be mixign a track which includes.. Bass, guitar ( Jack to jack lead ) 88keyboard with piano sound , Bass...

UG Studio
replies: 3 views: 1,233
UG Studio 25th February 2011

Hey, can anyone reccomend a live vocal mic for me? When I sing normally I have a fairly mellow bell-like voice. If I push things...

cactuseskimo
replies: 41 views: 6,159
johndykstra 25th February 2011

Having never been a huge Oasis fan, i recently saw that one of the Gallagher brothers (i always forget which is which) has formed...

Alexi
replies: 0 views: 549
Alexi 25th February 2011

I am using melodyne to pitch correct the sound of an 808 tom, and I am using those pitched tom sounds as a bass in my new...

ReubenTobias
replies: 7 views: 1,241
AcademyCurve 25th February 2011

I was wondering If someone here could give some advice on how to sing. Maybe this seems like a ludicrous question, but I'm...

rectifier
replies: 83 views: 9,585
guitarheadhunt 25th February 2011

I have a laptop with Firewire 4pin mini is the only difference between 4 and 6 pin the lack of power pins? All data transfer...

BFSound
replies: 1 views: 570
4130 25th February 2011

I think the ITB vs. OTB vs. Hybrid workflows have been discussed far more than enough already. However, as someone who's moving...

Reveirg
replies: 6 views: 755
drBill 25th February 2011

Being an upcoming and cheap studio I get a lot of high school a day to remember rip off bands but I've also been recording a lot...

nodie33
replies: 0 views: 483
nodie33 25th February 2011

This list is hilarious. The humor is on a pretty high level. Enjoy. - c

Silver Sonya
replies: 5 views: 838
theblue1 25th February 2011

So I downloaded the demo for SSL's plugins and decided to A and B the SSL Buss compressor with Ableton's compressor. I applied...

tyler1205
replies: 7 views: 1,497
n8tron 25th February 2011

Just doing general recording & rough mixes, so not looking to spend a great deal on a sub, probably up to $600 or so....

kozlikha
replies: 3 views: 700
kozlikha 25th February 2011

I'm thinking about getting an X-Rack. I already have the Alan Smart C2 and was wondering if the SSL X-Rack Stereo Bus Comp Module...

Dean Landon
replies: 2 views: 1,980
kittonian 25th February 2011

hi, i'm on the market for a shure sm7b. its going to be used pretty much soley to track vocals. i read that it needs a...

walsh350
replies: 20 views: 4,160
psycho_monkey 25th February 2011

What firewire cards are people using? I just bought the audiofire 12 and need to get a firewire card. What do people suggest I...

fearofflying
replies: 5 views: 1,043
Tomas1808 25th February 2011

If I can hear other peoples " better " quality mixes on my crappy monitors ( KRK 8's ) then shouldn't I be able to...

targa2
replies: 3 views: 686
spectacular g 25th February 2011

OK! if your like me and your computer is a big part of your musical life you know the importance of having a battery backup....

sameal
replies: 0 views: 1,233
sameal 25th February 2011

Hi, Long story short: -I track to pro tools at good levels. -I mix hybrid out to my Mackie Onyx 1640i -I print the mix back...

SDB_12
replies: 9 views: 856
walsh350 25th February 2011

As much as I love this program I am getting into film/post production maybe very soon and I've been told its all protools. And...

Musician
replies: 4 views: 1,214
psycho_monkey 25th February 2011

Hi I want people's opinions. I need a new practise amp thats: 1. Not a modulating amp 2. Does fairly heavy stuff well (Asking...

Mozza3001
replies: 9 views: 1,087
Mozza3001 25th February 2011

The first person to post in this thread gets a free Goldpoint SA2X stepped attenuator shipped to them free of charge.

grosslyobscure
replies: 4 views: 538
iangomes 25th February 2011

Just to let everybody know that we are hosting the AES event in June this year. There will be talks from Simon Humphrey our...

jimmy3189
replies: 1 views: 548
John Willett 25th February 2011

I have an annoying hum coming through just about every piece of equipment I own that has a mic pre and DI. Even my protools with...

cjwebstar
replies: 2 views: 934
Grahamdwc 25th February 2011

So I know these are two completely different beasts here but I'd really just like to get a few opinions on this dilemma I have....

rock15478
replies: 7 views: 1,977
sdevino 25th February 2011

As of now I am recording an album for my punkrock band, and I'm not too happy with the sound I'm getting. It's not that it's bad...

Arglist
replies: 0 views: 519
Arglist 25th February 2011

Hi all, I have a question, or more a dilemma that maybe some of you could help me to solve. I am in need of a "good"...

ProgFree
replies: 16 views: 9,736
TLTD 25th February 2011

Any opinions? They're not going for a whole heck of alot on Ebay... 500$US or so. I've thought of getting a pair, so that I can...

Elsteve9
replies: 17 views: 17,343
Lehmman 25th February 2011

My Steinberg MR816x has an ADAT connector on the back but I must admit in not knowing how to use it - the manual just shows a...

hemmick reef
replies: 0 views: 569
hemmick reef 25th February 2011

I have the new Mbox 3, a M-Audio Ozone and a Korg TR-Rack, I have a Mac Book ( snow leopard), I have no mixer, only a pair of...

sebasevita
replies: 3 views: 612
Manfrensengensen 25th February 2011

Hi! cooge Would you use ITB or analog HPF? Why? What gear, what plugin do you prefer for this task? Thanks.

ABBA
replies: 2 views: 1,389
Withnail 25th February 2011

Studiospares have informed me that the AC110 cable is the closest Klotz do now, LaGrance being available only as a ready-made...

RockNote
replies: 0 views: 994
RockNote 25th February 2011

Having a problem clocking my xr24's to the mk2 for recording at 96 ,wont lock in,any ideas ? i want to be able to get 24 tracks...

AKCSTUDIO
replies: 2 views: 492
AKCSTUDIO 25th February 2011

Hi Aussies Looking for a mastering Engineer in sydney to polish off 2 songs for me. I'm interested to find someone in sydney who...

tomeford
replies: 13 views: 493
anguswoodhead 25th February 2011

just a guess, but is Moses Schneider a Gearslut? Is he on this board? cheers

Alexi
replies: 1 views: 1,079
neland 25th February 2011

Wow, I am getting so mad. Whenever I try to install the Audio Unit (AU) version of a free plugin (for example) - freeware. I get...

tyler1205
replies: 5 views: 2,290
tyler1205 25th February 2011

I have a used/abused Roland Fantom G6 on the way and it needs a new LCD screen but I don't want to spend the $507 that Roland...

Kentoby
replies: 2 views: 2,685
Kentoby 25th February 2011

Need help fellas! I'm living in Thailand so its impossible for me to test out gears and since i have to order everything from the...

SFM
replies: 7 views: 740
Denny C 25th February 2011

Hey all. I've got a couple of M160s that are in need of some lovin' and was wondering if anyone could recommend people who do...

jarbar
replies: 9 views: 1,273
PlugHead 25th February 2011

We're running a little contest to get some more MixOff action going at MixOff.org. If you have some tracks you'd be willing to...

John Suitcase
replies: 3 views: 582
Dove 25th February 2011

Objective: generic (good) pop rock drumkit sound. Things I know about: micing guitar cabs and vocals Number one thing I don't...

andonwego
replies: 7 views: 1,167
Mr. Light 25th February 2011

I am trying to find any info on the CDT MC-8 Multi-Comp. Also, if you know where I can purchase one please PM me.

mmm...gear
replies: 0 views: 844
mmm...gear 25th February 2011

There has been another huge devastating quake in Christchurch New Zealand this afternoon. Multiple deaths, massive devastation....

rocksure
replies: 18 views: 557
grimdog 25th February 2011

I read here that some folks have been using Neumann mics with the Samson SP01 spider shock mount. I just bought a TLM193 (my...

Gajdzin
replies: 19 views: 2,862
Gajdzin 25th February 2011

Hi guys, I have searched a bit but didn't find many answers to my questions, so I'll ask them here :) I have to mix orchestral...

mixingsound
replies: 37 views: 20,859
narcoman 25th February 2011

So I have had this piece of crap mbox2 mini and its just not cutting it anymore. I'm looking for a nice rackmount interface under...

rlsanchez
replies: 12 views: 864
gravymanstan 25th February 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search